Best way to update links

When we open a file, it will ask us if we want to update
links and it will ask "yes or no"?  If you answer yes, it
will say "not enough memory"  u"nable to update external
links".  It does appear to be updating the information.
Should I have any concerns as a result of the warning?  Is
this a result of a slow PC or the network?  Would the
better approach be to answer "no" and update the links
manually?  Thanks for your help in advance!

is there a way to zoom the Excel view to the current highlighted cells..with a single click
Never mind I found it zoom to selection I wonder f theres a way to hotkey (shortcut) this? Jery ...

There must be a way.........
There must be a way to be sure all Vista and W7 system files are signed (not corrupted). I've researched and have not found a way. Can anybody help? <five256@NOwhere.com> wrote in message news:hb12r5tjthdtl87hlpgrcapq9b0hd87c4e@4ax.com... > There must be a way to be sure all Vista and W7 system files are signed > (not corrupted). I've researched and have not found a way. Can anybody > help? Yes, there is. It's called the System File Check tool. Read about system file protection here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222193 On Mon, 29 Mar 2...

Best text books / manuals for MS Office (intermediate-Advanced use
What are the best (most highly reccomended) text books / instruction manuals you can get for Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, & Word and also VBE? I consider myself to be Quite proficient in Excel......Can produce a decent document in Publisher.......Can "Get by" in Word....Not enough knowledge of Access......Only used PowerPoint once....... I started using BASIC (the programming language) back in the '80s, so I have some knowledge of VBE (Formulas & syntax are quite simular from what I see now). I have created several Excel projects with Macros bu...

is there a way to hide a whole worksheet in excel?
I would basically like to place all formulae on one worksheet and hide from anyone tempted to amend. most folks know how to unhide cells etc. Even if someone knows a sneakier way of making viewing of formula unviewable Good evening Marion McFarlane To hide a worksheet go to Format > Sheet > Hide. This can be unhidden through the same menu (but use unhide instead). To hide cells from view press ctrl + 1 and change the number format to Custom and ;;; (three semicolons). The formulae will still show in the status bar, so to hide from there, press ctrl + 1 and in the Protection ta...

Money 2007 Crashing After Request for Account Updates
Hi, my first time here, please help. I installed money 2007 deluxe and it worked perfectly for the first couple of weeks. I had to reinstall my operating system, office and explorer and when I reinstalled Money it crashes everytime I request automatic Account updates. I tried deactivating all the accounts and tried one by one including the msn server (for currency) and it crashes in all cases. Any ideas welcomed? please help! ...

Field Link Not appearing on Task View
Dear all, In PWA, there are some field "Link" that does not correspond to the one in Project Plan. In fact, i want to use the hyperlink field so the user can click and be directed to the folder. However, when i insert this link on Microsoft Project Plan, this field does not appear on PWA, it seems there are problems of migration for some field between PWA and Microsoft Project Plan. Does anyone ever encounter this kind of problem, Thanks for your reply Yann: If you are looking to expose one of the built-in Project fields, then you want to use the HREF field, w...

Displaying Multiple-Page Linked OLE Files in Excel
Is there a way to display more than the first page of a multiple-page Word document linked to an Excel spreadsheet as an OLE object? It's possible to click through to the original document, but I'm unable to find a way to display the entire document within Excel without distorting the image. ...

Look at these correction update for Windows
--dxahdhvwjxx Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="aszuunoqx"; type="multipart/alternative" --aszuunoqx Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="bczrpvdqouph" --bczrpvdqouph Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the security of your c...

The best photographer
He is the best famous photographer.. http://club.cyworld.com/dcnomad ...

Where is the best place to put notes?
We are new to MSCRM and are not used to all of the possible places that you can enter notes. Has anyone created a structure for their company as to what notes should be entered where? Wendy, There are many ways to handle notes. You have accurately identified that notes are kind of disjointed. What you might consider doing is creating a central notes depository in Sharepoint and then adding a customization with an inline frame that shows the Sharepoint notes repository in several different parts of CRM. In general, you have not provided enough information on what you are trying to ac...

Delayed Update?
Hello - I have a 'dynamic' chart where the source data comes from two drop-down boxes -- the results of these drop-downs cause different results from a VLookUp formula. Currently, when a user changes the drop-down boxes, the graph changes automatically with each box. So, if the user changes both boxes, the graph updates twice -- once for the first box, then again with the second box. I'd like to set this chart to update only after the user is ready, ie pushes an 'update' button. What property needs to be turned off (or toggled?) to prevent the graph from updating until...

Formula help in Excel which is the correct way ?
Tax is 23 % which is h-9 Total Cost is 75,000 which is b-9 I want to create a formula in B-11 that is 23% of total cost. So I did =H9*B$11 but apparently this isn't correct so what is the correct formula ?. need an absolute reference to H-7. So if you can give me the correct formula I would appreciate i -- SSVegett ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SSVegetto's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2822 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47775 =$H$9*B9 Don't know wher...

problems opening Office X 10.1.6 Update
I downloaded the new update - I had X 10.1.1. Upon trying to open it, after master code I get a sign "gathering information" and then an eternal beach ball. Anyone have ideas to assist? See this Apple Knowledge Base article for details: <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107704> On 10/14/04 4:24 PM, in article 678eb007.0410141324.e291a24@posting.google.com, "Fish tales" <kiva4@mindspring.com> wrote: > I downloaded the new update - I had X 10.1.1. Upon trying to open it, > after master code I get a sign "gathering information" a...

what is the best way to resize test that "best fits" the text box
I just want to know how to resize text to fit the text box. Select the text and reduce the font size until it suits your requirements. There is no automatic function for this. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "utahjohn" <utahjohn@discussions.microsof...

Insert, copy, update, delete records through VBA
Hi, I have an excel'07 database of employees where I have to add, update, delete records very often. Since it is not practical for me to open the excel file always, I wish to have a macro, which can help me to enter, update or delete records from an excel file and even generate report of employees based on the different criteria. It will be a great help if any one can help me with this. Regards, Raiju Update: Sub Macro1() Workbooks.Open Filename:= "C:\Path\file.xlsm" End Sub Add: Sub Macro1() Workbooks.Add End Sub "Raiju"...

Global Address list updates
I recently unchecked "hide from exchange address lists" (ADUC,Exchange Advanced tab) box on a user. I can't get him to show up in my global address list. If I go into the Exchange system manager and drill down into Recipients, All global address lists, and the view the properties of the default global address list, the preview button shows me a list including the guy that I am after. What controls when updates are pushed out to Outlook 2003 clients? How can I force an update? Thanks, Steve You're likely dealing with Outlook 2003 running in cached mode. If so, i...

Best way to forecast individual sales territories?
I have a spreadsheet with twelve months of sales data per territory (100 territories.) I need to forecast the next three months. The product being sold is just moving from launch phase to high growth phase, so it's still growing pretty quickly. What is the best method to forecast each individual territories' sales over the next three months? ...

Is there a "preferred" way to update properties based on other properties?
Let's say I have a class that represents a rectangle: class Rectangle { private int width; private int height; private int area; public int Width { get { return width; } set { width = value; } } public int Height { get { return height; } set { height= value; } } public int Area { get { return area; } } } Obviously, area does not represent anything based on that. How to best keep area in sync is the purpose of this question. One way would be to simply get rid of the variable area, and make the ...

OWA/OMA Protection
<No response from other forum> Hello, I have a Exchange 2003/OWA frontend that is protected with RSA two factor authentication inside a Checkpoint Firewall. The RSA part works fine and everything is good. Now I buy a Motorola Droid and need to set up the Exchange Sync and the RSA poses a problem. If I remove the RSA protection the Droid connects to the OWA and syncs well. Calls to RSA says it will not work with a Droid so I'd have to get rid of the RSA authentication. The question is: it looks like if I want to use a Android 2.0 based Droid phone to sync with outlook...

GL figures
what really is the best practice method for brining in monthly GL figures so users can get comparative statements this year/lastyr. do you bring in all the old detail journals? or do you load via a maintenance or IM the historical balance for each month in some file. -- Linda W. Linda, You mean when you are starting up a new company? If so, unless someone needs the detail imported into GP for other reasons, I bring in a beginning balance and monthly net changes only. For example, let's say you're starting to use GP with January 2009, your fiscal year ends in December and y...

Look at these critical update from the Microsoft Corporation
--jznifuoxvz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="diozkibvibhwvjll"; type="multipart/alternative" --diozkibvibhwvjll Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="kjixojqf" --kjixojqf Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to h...

Updated Links
Can anyone tell me how to automatically update the hyperlinks in my excel doc upon opening or maybe once a week. The hyperlinks are web based. Thanks! ...

Microsoft Update repeadedly offers same update
This is driving me crazy!!!! I am getting updtae notifications several times daily for Windows XP Service Pack 3 (KB952069) updates. I foolowed the suggestions on Microsofts Troubleshooting article & even attempted to install the update in the Safe Mode as suggested. All to no avail - I am still receiving the update notifications. how can I get rid of these? Help!!!!! -- llm From: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952069 " How to obtain help and support for this security update For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in the United S...

MS Money 2000
I bought my copy of Ms Money 2000 whilst in the US. I moved back to the UK and changed the base currency to GBP. Now when I try to update stock quotes, I get a response that says I have to re-install. I have the original CD but I am not sure if the problem will go away. Anybody have a solution that will enable me update my quotes? Other aspects work well. -- I2CanWin I know I have a brain I just can't lay my hands on it ...

updating spreadsheet from another spreadsheet
i need to update spreadsheet(B) from a seperate spreadsheet(A) that is on a share drive. i only want information that has been update, added, ect from (A) to populate (B). With a color coded cell (yellow) showing that the data from (A) is new when opening or manually running the macro on (B). (A) is a master spreadsheet that i need only a few of the columns data to populate (B). i am using Excel 2003 thanks also wanted to add that spreadsheet (B) will have data getting inputed on it and i don't want that over written when new or updated data is entered on spreadsheet (A). ...