Best way to forecast individual sales territories?

I have a spreadsheet with twelve months of sales data per territory (100
territories.)  I need to forecast the next three months.  The product being
sold is just moving from launch phase to high growth phase, so it's still
growing pretty quickly.  What is the best method to forecast each individual
territories' sales over the next three months?
0
BillS1 (13)

There must be a way.........
There must be a way to be sure all Vista and W7 system files are signed (not corrupted). I've researched and have not found a way. Can anybody help? <five256@NOwhere.com> wrote in message news:hb12r5tjthdtl87hlpgrcapq9b0hd87c4e@4ax.com... > There must be a way to be sure all Vista and W7 system files are signed > (not corrupted). I've researched and have not found a way. Can anybody > help? Yes, there is. It's called the System File Check tool. Read about system file protection here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222193 On Mon, 29 Mar 2...

Best text books / manuals for MS Office (intermediate-Advanced use
What are the best (most highly reccomended) text books / instruction manuals you can get for Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, & Word and also VBE? I consider myself to be Quite proficient in Excel......Can produce a decent document in Publisher.......Can "Get by" in Word....Not enough knowledge of Access......Only used PowerPoint once....... I started using BASIC (the programming language) back in the '80s, so I have some knowledge of VBE (Formulas & syntax are quite simular from what I see now). I have created several Excel projects with Macros bu...

is there a way to hide a whole worksheet in excel?
I would basically like to place all formulae on one worksheet and hide from anyone tempted to amend. most folks know how to unhide cells etc. Even if someone knows a sneakier way of making viewing of formula unviewable Good evening Marion McFarlane To hide a worksheet go to Format > Sheet > Hide. This can be unhidden through the same menu (but use unhide instead). To hide cells from view press ctrl + 1 and change the number format to Custom and ;;; (three semicolons). The formulae will still show in the status bar, so to hide from there, press ctrl + 1 and in the Protection ta...

is there a way to zoom the Excel view to the current highlighted cells..with a single click
Never mind I found it zoom to selection I wonder f theres a way to hotkey (shortcut) this? Jery ...

The best photographer
He is the best famous photographer.. http://club.cyworld.com/dcnomad ...

Where is the best place to put notes?
We are new to MSCRM and are not used to all of the possible places that you can enter notes. Has anyone created a structure for their company as to what notes should be entered where? Wendy, There are many ways to handle notes. You have accurately identified that notes are kind of disjointed. What you might consider doing is creating a central notes depository in Sharepoint and then adding a customization with an inline frame that shows the Sharepoint notes repository in several different parts of CRM. In general, you have not provided enough information on what you are trying to ac...

Formula help in Excel which is the correct way ?
Tax is 23 % which is h-9 Total Cost is 75,000 which is b-9 I want to create a formula in B-11 that is 23% of total cost. So I did =H9*B$11 but apparently this isn't correct so what is the correct formula ?. need an absolute reference to H-7. So if you can give me the correct formula I would appreciate i -- SSVegett ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SSVegetto's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2822 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47775 =$H$9*B9 Don't know wher...

what is the best way to resize test that "best fits" the text box
I just want to know how to resize text to fit the text box. Select the text and reduce the font size until it suits your requirements. There is no automatic function for this. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "utahjohn" <utahjohn@discussions.microsof...

FRx Forecaster database requirements
The tech docs for requirements show sql 2000 and sql 7.0 but no mention of sql 2005. Will FRx Forecaster function in a sql 2005 environment? Thanks MES, Go through this link that specifies the system requirements for Forecaster. SQL 2005 is supported. http://www.microsoft.com/forecaster/product/systemrequirements.mspx -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "MES" wrote: > The tech docs for requirements show sql 2000 and sql 7.0 but no mention of > sql 2005. Will FRx Forecaster function in a sql 2005 environment? Thanks Thank you. My client ...

Best way to forecast individual sales territories?
I have a spreadsheet with twelve months of sales data per territory (100 territories.) I need to forecast the next three months. The product being sold is just moving from launch phase to high growth phase, so it's still growing pretty quickly. What is the best method to forecast each individual territories' sales over the next three months? ...

Is there a "preferred" way to update properties based on other properties?
Let's say I have a class that represents a rectangle: class Rectangle { private int width; private int height; private int area; public int Width { get { return width; } set { width = value; } } public int Height { get { return height; } set { height= value; } } public int Area { get { return area; } } } Obviously, area does not represent anything based on that. How to best keep area in sync is the purpose of this question. One way would be to simply get rid of the variable area, and make the ...

OWA/OMA Protection
<No response from other forum> Hello, I have a Exchange 2003/OWA frontend that is protected with RSA two factor authentication inside a Checkpoint Firewall. The RSA part works fine and everything is good. Now I buy a Motorola Droid and need to set up the Exchange Sync and the RSA poses a problem. If I remove the RSA protection the Droid connects to the OWA and syncs well. Calls to RSA says it will not work with a Droid so I'd have to get rid of the RSA authentication. The question is: it looks like if I want to use a Android 2.0 based Droid phone to sync with outlook...

GL figures
what really is the best practice method for brining in monthly GL figures so users can get comparative statements this year/lastyr. do you bring in all the old detail journals? or do you load via a maintenance or IM the historical balance for each month in some file. -- Linda W. Linda, You mean when you are starting up a new company? If so, unless someone needs the detail imported into GP for other reasons, I bring in a beginning balance and monthly net changes only. For example, let's say you're starting to use GP with January 2009, your fiscal year ends in December and y...

Smartlist Monthly & Yearly Sales
I need help get a Smartlist create - Monthly sale, Yearlly sale & last year sales amount in one report. Can anyone help me. Buzz Dann Buzz, Could you specify if you need this by customer, by item? What type of layout are you looking for? If you are looking to get this with standard SmartList, I am afraid it is not possible and most likely you will have to use a combination of SmartLists Builder and SQL Server views. Best regards, MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Buzz Dann" wrote: > I need help get ...

best tutorials for graphs ( line of best fit) for excel
What are the best tutorials for using excel for stastical analysis graphs and other graphs such as Line of best fit? Niccole: Here's a link to my chart gallery of Excel statistical charts. http://processtrends.com/TOC_chart_gallery.htm Here's a link to my page on trend analysis with Excel. This page shows several regression techniques that you can use with Excel. http://processtrends.com/toc_trend_analysis_with_Excel.htm Post back if you have more specific questions. Kelly O'Day koday at processtrends dot com "Niccole D" <Niccole D@discussions.microsoft....

Is there an easy way to swap the contents of two cells in Excel?
I think the subject says it all... =?Utf-8?B?Ti5CLiBZb25k?= <N.B. Yond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:4C32CCD5-DA6F-43A8-9502-B2348D183371@microsoft.com: > I think the subject says it all... > You could add a button to the sheet with following code behind it: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() cel1 = InputBox("First cell?") cel2 = InputBox("Second cell?") c1 = Range(cel1).Value c2 = Range(cel2).Value Range(cel1).Value = c2 Range(cel2).Value = c1 End Sub You will be asked for the 2 cell addresses and the contents will be ...

SUMIF or SUMPRODUCT to calculate monthly sales of various products
Sheet1 In column C I have dates formatted as day/month/year; for example 31/01/2008 (usually there are several entries per day). In column D I have product names (two products) In column E I have the value of the product sales on that date. Sheet 2 Column A I have the date formatted as mmm-yy In Column's B and C I would like the sum of the sales of that product for the month. For example Sheet2 A B C Month Shoes Bags Jan-07 $3250 $1800 Feb-07 $1250 $4210 etc I tried formatting the date column in Sheet1 as mmm-yy and then using a pivot table but t...

division of variable integer into best fit integer parts
Hello I have a variable integer which must be split into 8 integers based on fixed percentages (33%, 18%, 15%, 13%, 11%, 4%, 3%, 3%). These 8 integers must add up to the original number (ie I cannot just multiply integer by % and then use the roundup/rounddown functions as they could add up to more/less than the original number). Is there a function in excel which would work out a best fit solution? Thanks No, there is not a function to do this automatically. Follow the program that you described, but calculate one of the integers by subtraction to make the sum come out right. Jerry ...

Individual Message Size
Is there anyway in Outlook to determine the size of an individual message? Thanks, Jermaine Just make sure the Size field is added to the current Outlook view. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ "Jermaine" <Jermaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C85F8EDB-DE54-4C71-9751-C1E42F1DECBD@microsoft.com... > Is there anyway in Outlook to determine the size of an individual message? > > Thanks, > > Jermaine ...

Is there an easier way?
There has got to be an easier to accomplish the same end results as the attached formula... any pointers? +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Doc2.doc | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4133 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- wmaughan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wmaughan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29743 View this thread: http://www.ex...

Labels for items on sale
Has anyone figured out how to print labels for items that are put on sale? In the label wizard, when I choose "Print labels for items that satisfy the following filter", it does not give me sale start or end dates as a filter option. Is there a way to add these to the label wizard report filter? Currently, there is no easy way to select and print labels for a group of items. When ever we change an item price we put the current date (such as 07/02/2007) into the subdescription2 field. This way, the stores can run the wizard and filter on the subdescription2 field to print their...

best fit line
I have a line graph with 6 series plotted (I.e. 6 different lines--sales on y, months of x). How do i add a best fit line to the chart? When i select Add Treanline, it only lets you select one series (and I'm assuming the result you get is a linear y=mx+b line....i 'm looking for the best fit line for serveral series... Thanks. jeremy -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com since it is a line chart, there are several things you could try. If it is justified, you could generate an average of the data points for each x point and plot it. Make a trend line of the average th...

Jacob & Co. H-24SSBL Black The Five Time Zone Mens Watch, Best Wristwatch Mall
Jacob & Co. H-24SSBL Black The Five Time Zone Mens Watch, Best Wristwatch Mall Click Here To Website : http://jacob-co.watchesmall.net/Jacob-Co-wristwatch= -3939.html Luxury Watches Mall: http://www.watchesmall.net/ Jacob & Co. H-24SSBL Black The Five Time Zone Mens Watch Information : Brand : Jacob & Co. Watches ( http://jacob-co.watchesmall.net/ ) Gender : Mens Code : jacob-co-watch-h-24ssbl Also Called : Case Material : White Gold Case Thickness : 47.50 mm Dial Color : Black Bezel : White Gold Movement : Automat...

Is there a way to automatically send follow up email messages?
I want to que messages to be sent at a pre-determined time. Is there a way to set up an autoresponder in Outlook? Set the "do not deliver before" option via the Options button when composing a new message. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Nicky" <Nicky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9AC7385B-678E-4BE8-BD45-448E648F6F32@microsoft...

Best Version, best performance
Anyone have a suggestion as to which is the Best Version of MSMoney? I'm using V2003. I'm thinking of upgrading to V05 but wonder if I will gain anything. I've turned off most things in V2003 because of its slow performance therefore I wonder if V2005 is faster? M05 is unlikely to be any faster and brings lots of its own complications. See http://umpmfaq.info/Money2005.htm for one user's opinion. M04 was probably better than M03, but not by very much at all. See also http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=174 for some thoughts on what happens if M06 (07, 08, 09...) is no better ...