Best way to forecast individual sales territories?

I have a spreadsheet with twelve months of sales data per territory (100
territories.)  I need to forecast the next three months.  The product being
sold is just moving from launch phase to high growth phase, so it's still
growing pretty quickly.  What is the best method to forecast each individual
territories' sales over the next three months?
0
BillS1 (13)

Associate e-mail to cases, from MBS Sales for Outlook to CRM!
Hi! How I can associate emails to Cases from the Client Sales for Outlook to CRM? Thanks! Hi, In the Outlook message, on the Microsoft CRM toolbar, click Regarding. (The Track in CRM button is automatically selected as well.). In the Look Up Records dialog, in the Look for box, select Case and any additional search critieria. Click Find. Select the Case you want and then click OK. The E-mail will appear in the History area of the Case. Crystal L. Smithwick Microsoft Dynamics CRM Technical Writer Want to learn more about how to use Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0? Visit http://www.micr...

Formula To Bring The Best Name
I have a worksheet that has 9 suppliers names in (C4:L4), there costs for a item in (C19:L19) I want to bring the cheapest suppliers name into cell M4. Need Help! Peter, I remember I replied to your post yesterday. Didnt you tried that ? =INDEX(C4:L4,MATCH(MIN(C19:L19),C19:L19,0)) -- Jacob "peterh" wrote: > I have a worksheet that has 9 suppliers names in (C4:L4), there costs for a > item in (C19:L19) I want to bring the cheapest suppliers name into cell M4. > Need Help! Jacob, Thanks that's great, I missed your reply yesterday. "J...

Easiest way to create a link?
I'm just creating a simple link by typing the following: ='Sub Contracting'!F10 in the obvious format of ='worksheetName'!cell What's the fastest and easiest way to do this in excel? Currently, I have to type everything and it can be annoying flipping back and forth etc. It seems that there should be some sort of intellisense or something that would fill in the formula automatically for me or perhaps a way I can click "Create Link" then click on the cell on another worksheet to link to it. -- ParaDiddle -----------------------------------------------...

Search for Uncommitted PO Quantities From Sales Order Processing
Hello, I need help understanding this option in POP setup. The help file says: "Indicate whether you want back-ordered quantities from Sales Order Processing to be linked to existing purchase order line items with uncommitted quantities. If you don't mark the selection, new purchase orders always will be created to fill Sales Order Processing shortages." Does this option mean that GP will automatically search out backordered sales docs and automatically link them to purchase orders that have available quantities that are not already committed to sales docs? Then...

Is there a way to configure a cell so when I click on it a check .
How much should I make the check out for? $100.00 enough? How about using the body of the post for the message? -- Regards, RD -------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ------------------------------------------------------------------- "gil" <gil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B765F69-8243-4CFD-93E7-5B4FB2F3CD9A@microsoft.com... Right-click on the worksheet tab, View Code, and paste in the code below: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target...

Pivot calculations, is it possible this way?
Hi, I've a datadump from a database containing work hours from five different departments, categorized as several different types like 'sick leave', 'on training' etc and of course the usual workstuff categories... I'ld want a pivot table of a specifik work type per department, like 'on training', but I'ld like the value to be proportional to the amount of personal on that specific department. Is that possible, how? Any help would be appreciated! Hi Sebastian, I can only assume that you already have the pivot table there... on the top left of the ...

Non-VBA way of making custom menus.

Calculate a forecasted increase using a Absolute Ref
Hello I am new to Excel and i am wanting to know how to Calculatet a Forecasted Increase using say P1 as an Absolute Reference and calculate the percentage increase on a monthly income. This is so the formula could then be replicated across without having to re-type the information in the Ref Cell ...

Line of best fit on a Histogram
Hi al Does anyone know if its possible to draw a line of best fit on a histogram. I have worked all the line of best fit points but i cannot seem to get it to draw itself into the histogram Thanks for all your help! Jazz ...

Way of making an object with a greater number be given a point....
Hi, I'm trying to produce a Sports League Table on Excel. Is there any way that I can make Excel recognise that when a team scores more goals, they are automatically given a win in the league table? For example, if i have Team A 5 - 0 Team B, how do I make excel give 1 win to team A in the league table? Please help me as i need it for my school work asap. Thanks, it will be much appreciated. -- petros89 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ petros89's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24645 View this thread: h...

Best Approach to data storage in memory
Hi, using VB.NET i have the following design / implementation issue. We're designing an insurance underwriting project, which i describe a bit in english For every insurance policy there could be an undetermined number of properties to the policy (for example property investors etc). my question is what would be the best way to store these in memory before commiting them to the database while performing business logic. My question is what would be best for editing entries? List(of t) or datatable? Many thanks for your help Simon "Simon Whale" &...

What is the best practice for categorizing Home Improvements?
Hello, I have the following accounts: Home (Asset), Credit Card (for Home Improvement Store) and Checking (used to pay credit card). I download all transactions from card accounts. I realize that by categorizing charges to the credit card for Home Improvements as "Transfer: Home" successfully reflects increased value to my home and this is needed. When I make a payment to the credit card from my checking, I categorize it as "Credit card Payment/Transfers" and this is in my Budget. When I download my statement for the Credit Card account, I categorize the...

Which computer program is best to tally time spent on each project
Does anyone know which computer program is best to tally time spent on each project so that I can keep a running total? Do I need to set up an excel spred sheet to do this? Is there something connected to a dayplanner program that would allow this? thanks Sounds like MS Project to me. -- HTH RP "antiamazon" <antiamazon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7848A00B-3103-4E82-A4C8-F3E664F8A5EA@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know which computer program is best to tally time spent on > each project so that I can keep a running total? > > Do I need...

Sales Order Fulfillment with qty fulfilled zero
Using an Order ID that has “Use Separate Fulfillment Process” checked; and once in the Sales Order Fulfillment window there is the following example: Scenario: The "Qty Ready to Fulfill" is 10; enter 8 in "Qty Fulfilled" The "Qty Ready to Fulfill" will automatically become 8 Problem: If 0 is entered in "Qty Fulfilled" (instead of 8), the "Qty Ready to Fulfill" remains at 10. Would like the "Qty Ready to Fulfill" to become zero, and "Qty to Back Order" of 10 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft...

Simplest way to backup Outlook?
Could a few MVP's offer a definitive answer on this... I'm using Outlook2003 with BCM. There are lots of help menu's on backing up things. All I want is a fast, simple *total* backup (I'll put it on a CD or another PC) in case lightning hits this PC and I have to reinstall Outlook and retrieve my data. So... If I simply *copy* my Outlook.pst file (mine's 39MB), isn't that all I need? Isn't that a 100% copy of my entire Outlook* (email, calendar, contacts, everything) ...and if I had to reinstall Outlook, all I'd need to do is copy this file on top of the ne...

EXCEL- Is there a way to slow down the calculation speed?
I have a spreadsheet which has a large amount of DDE links int bloomberg. They have recently updated their API DDE so that the updat frequency is alot higher than before. This is causing the spreadshee to recalculate to often (pc running close to 100pct all the time). I there a registry value I can change that slows down the frequency o excel updating. I dont want to change to manual update due to the fac the spreadsheet has to be live and updating price changes. Any ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com flashflash, You could se the calc mode to manual and then use a mac...

Is there another way to administer folder-level security without using outlook?
I have some Outlook web access only users who would like to share a folder with other users. The only way that I know how to do that is in outlook '03 (right click the folder, properties, permissions tab, Add...). Is there a way for the user to do this themselves via OWA? Alternatively is there a way that I can administer this with the exchange system manager or some other MMC snap-in. Thanks, Steve On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 08:11:38 -0500, "Stephen M" <smeier-spamless@primelink1.net> wrote: >I have some Outlook web access only users who would like to share a folder &g...

Backslash "\" is being added to XML Attributes, Is there a way to get rid off it?
I have not encountering this problem 'till I got VS.NET 2003. Check my xml below how the backlash is added. I tried all possible ways to replace it but nothing happens. Any help will greatly appreciated. <SESSION_INFO_ID ID=\"434674640\"> <TEL_NBR VALUE=\"2532668900\"> <PRODUCT hcid=\"1600\"></PRODUCT> <PRODUCT hcid=\"1700\"></PRODUCT> </TEL_NBR> </SESSION_INFO_ID> Pete wrote: > I have not encountering this problem 'till I got VS.NET 2003. Check my xml > belo...

best practice question
Hello, I am looking for some suggestions on how to handle a specific scenario. I know there are quite a number of different ways to do this, and I am looking for comments from the CRM team, other partners, and customers on their experiences with this scenario to determine what the best practice would be. Scenario: Tracking job applicants and opporunities. Companies have a number of job postings/opportunities, or even open opportunities for particular roles (ie: web developer). Companies receive job applications with resumes from applicants. Follow-up phone interviews and in-person interv...

Is there a way to set up a custom paper size?
I recall being in a seminar/workshop and someone mentioned using a plotter with Excel for very large paper sizes. However, I cannot find anyway to customize the paper size. Customising print settings in excel is controlled mainly by the print driver. It will only give settings available in that -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "rkstorey" <rkstorey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C65F5F94-0E4F-4BB4-982F-B756A25801F9@microsoft.com... >I recall being in a seminar/workshop and someone m...

Simple way to count by month?
Access2000 Hi I have a table that is just a list of serial numbers and dates that they were sold. Is there a simple way to build a query that will just list the total serials numbers by month, i.e. Dec-07 - 566 Nov-07- 453 Oct-07- 343 Each serial is on its own row. Getting the number sold by day is simple, but grouping and suming these to months has me stumped. Thanks - Steve Solved it. I used this if anybody else is looking SELECT Format([SQL_DELIVERY_DATE],"yyyy mm") AS MonthSold, Count(*) AS Total FROM tbl_sold GROUP BY Format([SQL_DELIVERY_DATE],"yyyy mm") ...

SBS 2003 Best Practices Analyzer problem
I downloaded and installed the SBS 2003 Best Practices analyzer on a SBS 2003 R2 server and when I launch the program I receive this error: --------------------------- SBSBPA.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services --------------------------- Application has generated an exception that could not be handled. Process id=0x3e0 (992), Thread id=0x20fc (8444). Click OK to terminate the application. Click CANCEL to debug the application. Anyone have any ideas????? Re-download and then reinstall? -- Merv Porter [SBS-MVP] ============================ "C...

Free, Live E-Mini Forecasts
These people are forecasting the e-Mini live all day at no charge. Amazing. http://www.racecom.com/PayFlow/eMiniLive.htm And I should care about that why? "Trade" <email@emial.net> wrote in message news:Xns982D8A85BCD49emailemialnet@208.49.80.60... > These people are forecasting the e-Mini live all day at no charge. > Amazing. > http://www.racecom.com/PayFlow/eMiniLive.htm > ...

print packing slip for a posted sales invoice
hello, how do I print a packing slip for a posted sales invoice. thanks, Scott Hello, You will not be able to print a picking ticket or packing slip from a posted sales invoice. This is only allowed when the transactions are in the work table. Thanks, Melissa This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Scott" wrote: > hello, > > how do I print a packing slip for a posted sales invoice. > > thanks, > Scott > ...