bar graph question

Hello everyone,

I have data with 5 variables for 10 countries, and I have made
horizontal bar graph for each variable (so 5 graphs). This data i
linked to another page, and it is divided by variable within the sheet
For example, the format is:

Country   Variable 1
US          ###
China      ###
India       ###
UK          ###

Country   Variable 2
US          ###
China      ###
India       ###
UK          ###

There is a macro that sorts each of this mini-tables, and then eac
graph draws from its respective variable table. The same 10 countrie
are in each table, but they are not in the same order, because they ar
sorted from largest to smallest so that each horizontal bar graph i
sorted largest to smallest.

My question is, how can I make it so that each country has the sam
color bar in each of the 5 graphs? For example, the US has a red bar i
each graph, regardless of its position. Is there a way to do this? I'
no VBA expert, but is there some sort of conditional macro I can d
(any code someone has would be extremely helpful)? Is there an easie
way? Thanks!

--
anantathake
anantathaker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1813

one way to do it is to use a stacked bar with a different data set for each
country with Zeros for the other countries and the value for the specific
country of interest
when you set up the graph just set the color of the bar for each catagory as
wanted.

"anantathaker" wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have data with 5 variables for 10 countries, and I have made a
> horizontal bar graph for each variable (so 5 graphs). This data is
> linked to another page, and it is divided by variable within the sheet.
> For example, the format is:
>
> Country   Variable 1
> US          ###
> China      ###
> India       ###
> UK          ###
>
> Country   Variable 2
> US          ###
> China      ###
> India       ###
> UK          ###
>
> There is a macro that sorts each of this mini-tables, and then each
> graph draws from its respective variable table. The same 10 countries
> are in each table, but they are not in the same order, because they are
> sorted from largest to smallest so that each horizontal bar graph is
> sorted largest to smallest.
>
> My question is, how can I make it so that each country has the same
> color bar in each of the 5 graphs? For example, the US has a red bar in
> each graph, regardless of its position. Is there a way to do this? I'm
> no VBA expert, but is there some sort of conditional macro I can do
> (any code someone has would be extremely helpful)? Is there an easier
> way? Thanks!!
>

> --
> anantathaker
> anantathaker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18133
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=380066

0
BJ (832)

Graph with too many points
Hi all, I have a graph with a lot of points, so I wanted to create some kind of horizontal scroll bar so I would be able to use a better scale and move around my time line ? Has anyone of you done something like that ? thx -- giselle ------------------------------------------------------------------------ giselle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24222 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=378389 Hi, Jon Peltier has written an article on the subject. http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=...

office shortcut bar
I see through a Google search that the geniuses at Microsoft did not put the Office Shortcut Bar (OSB) in Office 2003. I like and use the Windows Quick Launch Bar for my applications. After several years of using ACT! (3.x through 2005) to manage my business I am migrating to Outlook 2003 (with Business Contact Manager). I remember from an old work PC that, via the Office '97 Shortcut Bar, I could quickly add tasks and calendar items to Outlook (without opening Outlook). How can I directly access the tasks and calendar to add items via the Windows Quick Launch Bar? Since I did a clean inst...

QUESTION about LINK : warning ?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C49FB4.2F3700C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1256" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dear: I build an ISAPI Filter using Extension Wizard ,when I Build a release = version of the filter the following warning appeared: LINK : warning LNK4089: all references to 'OLEAUT32.dll' discarded by = /OPT:REF why this warning generated? and what it is mean? Regards ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C49FB4.2F3700C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="windows-1256" Content-Transfer-...

IMAP Settings and Questions on Use
I'm using O2003 and just changed to using IMAP and was wondering if someone could help out with these questions. 1. Is it possible to change the location of the PST file that IMAP uses. There doesn't seems to be an option. I still have my current PST file with all my data (contacts, tasks, etc) as I want to keep that local. 2. When I purge, it seems I can only purge one folder at a time. There is no option to purge multiple folders at once. Is that correct? 3. There is no auto purge such as purge all items when I close Outlook 2003. Correct? 4. Is there an option to move a deleted ...

Ex 2007 beta 2 transport rule question
Hello all Been testing out Exchange 2007 features, and i have run across a wierd transport rules issue. What i did was create a transport rule so that any email that was sent with a specific message clasification could only be sent internally. What is happening instead is any email that is sent outside the Exchagne 2007 org is getting kicked back, and in the NDR it is saying that the email was kicked back back because it was sent with the message clasification that i configured in the transport rule. The way i understand this to work is if i send an email out of the Exchagne 2007 org...

Macro Question
I'v never had any dealings w/ macro before, so this is all new to me. I have a windows 98 computer that is running office 2000 and there is an excel macro on this pc that was created by someone years ago. I have to get this 98 machine of the network and replace it w/ a 2000/XP platform also running either office 2000/xp. So far i'v copied the macro and am able to run it, but its not gathering the correct info. It is collecting the correct info on the 98 machine, just not the one im replacing it w/. It looks like some of the fields are supposed to be populated w/ info in a text d...

Some general questions on C++ .Net, and Form Design in Particular
I am basically a hobbyist programmer, at the moment doing a little work experimenting with some AI stuff. I learned C++, and then tried to teach myself MFC using MS Visual C++ 6.0. I swore off of MFC, which was a nightmare, and have been playing with Borlands C++ Builder. In C++ Builder, creating forms and other GUI elements is much simpler than MFC, very similar to Visual Basic. In the store yesterday, I was looking at the C++ .Net package. On the back, it still mentioned MFC (boo!), but it also claimed that the .Net environment has a user-friendly forms builder. My question: How frien...

install exchange question
Environment: I have a 2003 mixed domain with 2 sites, TX and NY. We have an Exchange 2000 server running on 2000 Server in TX. I am getting a new server to configure 2003 Server with Exchange 2003 and it will be located in NY and it will hold the NY mailboxes. Question: Do I have to run Forestprep/Domainprep even though I have a 2000 Exchange Server? Thanks in advance Yes, Even if you previously ran Exchange 2000 ForestPrep, you must still run Exchange 2003 ForestPrep. The schema extensions supplied with Exchange 2003 are a superset of those supplied with Exchange 2000. For more info l...

xml transformation question
How can I use the XML and XSLT to transfer data from CSV to SQL server? Thanks. -00Eric Clapton wrote: > How can I use the XML and XSLT to transfer data from CSV to SQL server? XSLT transforms an input tree into a result tree which is then serialized as XML or as HTML or as text. The input tree is usually built by parsing some input XML. With that standard approach I don't see XSLT helpful to get data in a CSV format into an SQL data base server, there are certainly ways to import that CSV data into a data base without using XSLT. Ask in a data base group how to import t...

Vista Business Upgrade Questions from an XP guy
Is MS selling Vista Business anymore? I go on the Windows Catalog website and I can't find it being offered. I have a perfectly functioning Win XP SP3 laptop. I've heard both sides of the upgrade issue. 1. Where can I buy Windows Vista Business? I don't want to get it from some unreputable vendor. Will the version I buy contain the latest SP's? 2. My XP was OEM, does that cause major issues when upgrading to Vista? 3. I ran the Vista upgrade advisor and it states my laptop will handle Vista if a do a few tasks first. Are the other resources regarding upgrading t...

How do I resize the boxes in a graph legend in Excel?
I am trying to change the size and shape of the boxes in a legend. By default, they are small squares but I have seen graphs where they are rectangular which makes it easier to identify the colour. Hi, I can only alter the size of the legend entry marker by increasing the size of the legend font. This however will only make the square larger not rectangular. A quick test would indicate the changing the size of the marker in line or xyscatter has a slight effect on the marker size. Is it possible that the legend was created manually in the charts you have seen? Cheers Andy DiscoApp...

#N/A Question
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C9A315.E798EED0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I know why I get #N/A but I am trying to find out how I can sum multiple = cells when one or more have #N/A in them. Right now if I have one cell with #N/A in it and the value in the other = cells the total sum results with #N/A Thanks in advance for your assistance. ------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C9A315.E798EED0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-p...

New HQ with Existing Store Questions
I have a single store in operation and I want to add HQ and a second store. I'm getting very close, but the manuals are not much help with some issues... 1) HQID Item Issue I have created a blank HQ database and imported the information from the existing store. That worked fine. However, I found some cryptic information in a getting started guide (downloaded online) about how it is best to export a store, even for existing locations. That does not make sense to me, and I do not want to lose my history. I think it has something to do with the HQID for the items. It goes on to say ...

=IF VLOOKUP Question
This one works =IF(G8<>"",VLOOKUP(G8,List!$B$1:$Y$100,21,0),"") This one does not =IF(C8<>"",VLOOKUP(C8,List!$B$1:$Y$100,3,0),"") the 3 and 21 are columns at the present time I have 630 rows on this worksheet C8 is a cell that I called "Listing Number:" on my "List" sheet I created a new column - the rows are numbered from 1 - 630 when C8 is filled with a given number all the cells with the above formula will fill with information. Frank Kabal helped with the working formula but there are some dates that have more one ...

DNS MX Question
Hello, I am trying to get some clarification that my mx settings are OK. Mail is sending and receiving OK but I don't think its "by-the-book" I am running a SBS 2008 domain (lets call it mydomain.local) and I am hosting my own email server. I registered my domain name with fasthosts.co.uk (lets call it mydomain.co.uk). I have a static IP address assigned by my ISP (BT - British Telecom) I have forwarded port 25 on my router to go to the internal IP address of my SBS. server On Fasthosts control panel I can set various DNS setting (A, mx, PTR etc). I original...

Simple question: how to associate an activity to all the accounts
marketing list? That means I have a list of around 2000 accounts. A letter is gonna be sent to them anytime soon. I want that activity to be logged in the activites/history of each account, I don't care about the owner of the record. I just can't find out how to do that, please help! Thank you! Two options. One, create a marketing list and then run a quick campaign against the list. Two, use advanced find to find the relevant accounts and then run a quick campaign against the result lists. The Create Quick Campaign is on the actions toolbar. The quick campaign wizard will st...

Setup -> Sales -> eOrder question
Greetings! (GP 7.5, SQL Server 2000) Where in the database do I find the "Enabled" boolean field for the customer setup??? TIA! Robert ...

Update Query Question 12-15-09
I know this is a very basic question but I honestly don't know where to find the information specific to this question. I have a table of employees names and their immunizations. The immunization information comes from Query 1 of another database which is updated each week. I have been deleting the contents of the table and replacing it with the contents of Query 1 each week; the big problem is some employees don't have their immunization information in the Query 1 it comes from yet another database and I re-fill in those blanks each week and others are marked N/A. I...

News posting please put questions in appropriate Newsgroup.
May we please keep Exchange 2003 questions out of the Exchange 5.5 Newsgroup. Please post your questions in the right newsgroups. Thank you. These are not 5.5 newsgroups, these groups are for all version of Exchange http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/community/newsgroups.mspx New Newsgroup Format To avoid confusion, the Exchange Server Community is moving away from versioned newsgroups such as microsoft.public.exchange2000.protocols. All postings should now be made to the nonversioned microsoft.public.exchange.* newsgroups, available on this page. These newsgroups are to be used for...

Different error bar values within a data series?
I am trying to put error bars into my graph but need the values to be different. However, if I change one point it changes all of the points? Hi, Create two columns, one for '+' errors and the other for '-' errors. Rightclick on any data-point on your graph, "Format Data Series" --> select the appropriate "Error Bars" Tab --> under Error Amount check "Custom" and enter the ranges for the '+' and '-' values --> "OK" Regards, B. R. Ramachandran "Izzy" wrote: > I am trying to put error bars ...

Another question on folder redirction
This is has not been implemented for users yet, I am still testing with my account. Didn't think of this beforehand but, I have different Desktop icons/shortcuts on different servers that I RDP into. And of course now all of those have been combined, so that whatever I had on the Desktop of each server, is on my XP machine, and whatever was on my XP machine is now on the servers when I RDP in. Not a huge problem. I guess I could create a separate account to be used only when I RDP, to get around this. But, eventually everyone will get Folder Redirection. And some of the...

litte thing in graphs
It should be easy but i cant find ??? i have graphs which is designed to process the info for daily til takings and on the X axis i want to make the first column name "budget" then the others be 1,2,3...... for the days how can i do that?????????? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com "hilary >" <<hilary.1art6z@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:hilary.1art6z@excelforum-nospam.com... > It should be easy but i cant find ??? > > i have graphs which is designed to process the info for daily till > takings and on the X ax...

How do I create a curved graph in excel?
I'm using MS Office 2003. I've created a simple x-y scatter plot graph. The graph line connecting the data points is a straight line. I'd like a curved line. I don't know that using the drawing tool bar will properly represent the data so I was wondering if there's another way. Hi, Double click the line and on the Pattern tab check the Smooth Line checkbox. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "clearandcorrect" <clearandcorrect@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3541CA3D-2841-48F7-B722-B660AD7EFF2D@...

Million Dollar Question
I am using Excel 2003. With Excel open, you can click 'File', 'Send To' Then Send To Mail Recipient Etc..... The Million Dollar question is ......... How do I add to the Send To List for Excel (I know this is different than windows Send To) Thanks in Advance, Keith Ron De Bruin has some nice techniques here http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "Keith Kowalski" <keith@rdfs.com> wrote in message news:e0HNcOCkEHA.3664@TK2MSF...

Question: How to use time as an axis label
Greetings, One thing that has bothered me for a while is my inability to use times as an axis label. Typically I have to convert everything to seconds or something whether for use on the X- or Y-axis. I want to know - there must be a way - how I can have a column or row of times in the format hh:mm:ss and use those directly as label in a chart. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Mike I am using Excel 2003, and to use Time, or Date as the X (Category) axis works fine, so long as time is entered as 4:20:35 etc What error do you get? -- Zerex71 Wrote: > Greetings, > > On...