Banging my head against the wall - Horizontal List

Hi,

I need some clarification of if a control exists that will fit into m
solution.

What I need to do is display a list of data horizontally in a control.
The data, is a question which can be 50 to 100 characters long and the
need to see the whole text of the question.

Preferably there would be 1 row of data and the questions would go int
the columns with a scroll bar to move along.  Thus far I have tried -

A listbox - can't seem to toggle the height of the row so all of th
question text can be displayed in one go.

Listview - Same as above

Spreadsheet 9.0 Control -  Thought I had found what I needed until
realized that the bloody thing won't wrap text in a cell!!!

So am I looking for something that is impossible or is their somehtin
really simple that I am overlooking?

I want to avoid using a spreadsheet for this as I may need to use mor
than 1 horizontal list on one form

Please help?

Ok - this is what I am looking for - The main objective of this trak
is to give the user an interface so they can loo

Hi

Extra controls means trouble; installasion, versions, licenses, ... Let me
suggest something really simple; a userform with Label1, Label2, Label3 (add
more if needed)and Scrollbar1, data in Sheet1 A1:A100, and this userform
code:

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
Label1.BackColor = vbWhite
Label1.Left = 1
Label1.Top = 4
Label1.Height = 70
Label1.Width = 70

Label2.BackColor = vbWhite
Label2.Left = 73
Label2.Top = 4
Label2.Height = 70
Label2.Width = 70

Label3.BackColor = vbWhite
Label3.Left = 145
Label3.Top = 4
Label3.Height = 70
Label3.Width = 70

ScrollBar1.Min = 1
ScrollBar1.Max = 100
ScrollBar1.Top = 75
ScrollBar1.Value = 1
Call ScrollBar1_Scroll
End Sub

Private Sub ScrollBar1_Change()
Call ScrollBar1_Scroll
End Sub

Private Sub ScrollBar1_Scroll()
Label1.Caption = Sheets(1).Cells(ScrollBar1.Value, 1)
Label2.Caption = Sheets(1).Cells(ScrollBar1.Value + 1, 1)
Label3.Caption = Sheets(1).Cells(ScrollBar1.Value + 2, 1)
End Sub

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Doggo >" <<Doggo.1by1nh@excelforum-nospam.com> skrev i melding
> Hi,
>
> I need some clarification of if a control exists that will fit into my
> solution.
>
> What I need to do is display a list of data horizontally in a control.
> The data, is a question which can be 50 to 100 characters long and they
> need to see the whole text of the question.
>
> Preferably there would be 1 row of data and the questions would go into
> the columns with a scroll bar to move along.  Thus far I have tried -
>
> A listbox - can't seem to toggle the height of the row so all of the
> question text can be displayed in one go.
>
> Listview - Same as above
>
> Spreadsheet 9.0 Control -  Thought I had found what I needed until I
> realized that the bloody thing won't wrap text in a cell!!!
>
> So am I looking for something that is impossible or is their somehting
> really simple that I am overlooking?
>
> I want to avoid using a spreadsheet for this as I may need to use more
> than 1 horizontal list on one form
>
> Please help?
>

> Ok - this is what I am looking for - The main objective of this traks
> is to give the user an interface so they can look
>

> ---

stf (176)
9/2/2004 7:41:49 AM
Hi Harald,

Creative solution and that has the visual effect of achieving what
want although I am finding it hard to believe that you can not expan
the row height of a listbox or list view and wrap the text.

Frustratin

what is a running head
please help me, I thought I knew everything about APA format Did you try Google or Bing? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "goof" <goof@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:973C6AEF-28F1-428C-B0ED-E30E7CA9A9A8@microsoft.com... > please help me, I thought I knew everything about APA format "Running head" is the publishing name for what Word calls a "header," that is, text that appears at the top of (almost) every page. In books, the running hea...

Over my head...
Here is the situation. I have a workbook, where each worksheet has pricing data for each state. On the "state" pages the format is the same. 1-3.9 inches 4-7.9 inches 8-11.9 inches <2499 sq feet $$$$ $$$$ $$$$ 2500 - 19,999 $$$$ $$$$ $$$$ 20,000-23,999 $$$$ $$$$ $$$$ 24,000-27,999 $$$$ $$$$ $$$$ On a separate spreadsheet I have entered the sq feet for each location (currently over 900 of them) What I wou...

Exchange
Hi Folks, in the normal way, Outlook doesn't show the body of an e-mail. Can be changed in the registry by adding the key: "SaveAllMIMENotJustHeaders". Works fine. But if a mail is beeing sent/received over an Exchange Server, the body is cut off. Can this be changed? Regards, Alexander Hagenah -- [http://xaitax.de - hagenah@topconcepts.de] ...

User Task List
Is there a way to view other users task lists? No. You'd have to get the data externally. -- Charles Allen, MVP "6538" wrote: > Is there a way to view other users task lists? > > > ...

Form of phone numbers in contact list
I am using Blackberry's Desktop Software to syncronize with my MS Outlook Contacts list. The onboard caller-id function of the phone that is supposed to correlate the incoming phone number to a name of a contact (should the number be in my contacts list) isn't working. According to help from Blackberry the problem is the "form" of the numbers as they're being loaded on the Blackberry from MS Outlook. Specifically, apparently the fact that the numbers are stored in the form of (###) ###-#### instead of something like ###-###-#### is keeping the phone from realizi...

How do I put a heading even with a column?
Hello I am looking to add company names as a header but even with columns. Any idea how I might be able to do this Maybe File>Page Setup>Sheet>Rows to repeat at top? Place a company name in each column across row1 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 07:26:01 -0800, Stressing out <Stressing out@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello > I am looking to add company names as a header but even with columns. >Any idea how I might be able to do this I will try that Thank you! "Gord Dibben" wrote: > Maybe File>Page Setup>Sheet>Rows to...

Contact List 12-06-09
Is it possible to create a shortcut to the contact list contained within WLM? Would like to access the contact list without logging into WLM client. Sorry, Windows Live Mail has to be open in order to access WLM contacts on your desktop. Alternatively, if you normally sign in with a Live ID, the contacts are also available on the web at http://contacts.live.com. (without WLM needing to be open). --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Colorado Pete" <ColoradoPete@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Keyboard to Start List or Insert Heading 1 or 2?
Word 2002 Are there keyboard shortcuts to insert a bulleted list and/or to format to Heasing 1 or Heading 2 style? Alternatively, is there some way to program my own keys to do this. Thanks, You can use the built-in Ctrl+Shift+L shortcut to apply a bulleted list (it actually applies the built-in List Bullet style). On my system, Alt+Shift+1 applies Heading 1, and Alt+Shift+2 applies Heading 2, but this may not be universal. You can assign the shortcut(s) that you want in the Customize Keyboard dialog box. To display the dialog, click Tools | Customize, and then click t...

Mail and Contacts Clear List
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop The Clear List check box in Preferences does not clear all the erroneous addresses that have collected in the email address drop down list. Thus, I alway have to sort thru a bunch of address most of which are wrong to find the correct one and of course when I am in a hurry, I choose one of the incorrect addresses and the email bounces back. What a pain. How can I clear the list drop down list completely? By the way the suggestion about creating an address and setting category as junk does no...

How do you create a drop down list?
Recently, we changed from Office 2000 to Office 2003. Some where in the change something has moved or is done differently. I am trying to create a drop down list. I have made a vertical list of what I want in the drop down box. I just don't seen to be able to find the ability to create the drop down box and link it to my list. Please help, Aviator try here http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Aviator" <Aviator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41BE8F88-59A1-4176-B378-6DA0046F91EA@microsoft....

reverse list
For some time now the reverse list isn't updated. Many people experience this. Strange thing is, there is no answer at all about a fix. I wrote several mails to windows live support and got no answer. Why is microsoft being so mysterious about this problem? Can we expect a fix for the current version or do we have to wait for the new version? Greetings Ben, I do believe it's a server-side problem. -- Jonathan Kay Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com Messenger Resources: http://messe...

List of Excel Reports available in Version 10
Where can I get a list of all Exel Reports available in version 10? -- Patti I posted a list of the reports from my deafult install: http://rbsgp.blogspot.com/2009/03/office-excel-reports-in-dynamics-gp.html "Patti Foo" wrote: > Where can I get a list of all Exel Reports available in version 10? > -- > Patti Hi Steve, I am not able to reach your site below. Do you still have a list of default excel reports from GP10? Thanks for your help! Jen "Steve Chapman" wrote: > I posted a list of the reports from my deafult install: > > http://rbsgp...

Discount list for opportunity
As I found a baseamount field and a extendedamount field in the Opportunity products form, I'm expected to have a discounted amount calculation by the system for the opportunity product revenue. However this calculation isn't done and I can only get a baseamount calculation, not an extendedamount one. This is working perfect for a quote product. May someone tell me why? Regards ...

Print same column headings on each page
In Page Setup, Sheet tab, under Print titles, both the "Rows to repeat at top" and "Columns to repeat at left" boxes are greyed out and unavailable. Any clues? If you access Page Setup from the Print Preview, those commands aren't available. Close the Print Prieview and go in to the Setup option from the file menu tj >-----Original Message----- >In Page Setup, Sheet tab, under Print titles, both the "Rows to repeat at top" and "Columns to repeat at left" boxes are greyed out and unavailable. Any clues? >. Vino I don't know why the...

Sales Commision and Price List Item
As a franchise network, our franchisees distribute products and therefore get paid a commission for every product they sell. The amount of commission varies from product to product and is a dollar amount not a % amount. CRM doesn't seem to cope with sales commission at all, which is a distrubing oversight. What I really need to do is alter the Price List Item page to incorporate a commission structure. What I think I'm going to have to do is have an entirely new product for every measure of that product. PITA. Any suggestions? When is CRM coping with commission? Regards, Stuar...

Sharepoint and updating of excel lists
Anyone might have any clues on this in this group: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.perl.misc/messages/ab36a40dd1db9436,7a8401f8cb7b72d4?hl=en&thread_id=c128d640408327db&mode=thread&noheader=1&_done=%2Fgroup%2Fcomp.lang.perl.misc%2Fbrowse_frm%2Fthread%2Fc128d640408327db%2F7a8401f8cb7b72d4%3Fhl%3Den%26#doc_ab36a40dd1db9436 Hoping we have some perl mongers in this group :-) Dave wrote... >Anyone might have any clues on this in this group: .... Did you try using use Win32::OLE::Const 'Microsoft Excel'; ? If so, what did the statement printf &quo...

Importing marketing list
How do I import a marketing list into CRM without associating it with an Account, Contact or Lead? These are purchsed lists and will not become real leads until we run them through a campaign and get some campaign responses back. I just need to import an e-mail list into CRM and have the e-mail field populated (it could be associated with a Lead if there was no other option). When I import the list into a Marketing List, I have to associate it with something, so I chose Lead, but then it only provides me with the three fields Company Name, Last Name and Topic...there are no other fi...

How do I convert column headings to row headings
I have a very long row of headings across the worksheet that I want to drag to a list of headings in one column, avoiding a retype. Can this be done ? Pauline, Select the headings and Copy (Ctrl+C). Then select a cell where you want the headings to be pasted vertically, and do Edit > Paste Special, Transpose. HTH, Nikos "Pauline" <Pauline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00A9C32A-1C66-4637-B899-1414FE52776A@microsoft.com... > I have a very long row of headings across the worksheet that I want to drag > to a list of headings in one column, avoiding...

Auto Complete List
In the case of the auto complete list for Item Number: the Item Number field is 30 characters long. When you start entering an item number, the auto complete list appears but it doesn't show all 30 characters. I know you can click on the lower right-hand corner of the list to expand it, but it should automatically be wide enough to show the whole field. Is there anything that can be done about that? ...

Conditionally prevent a SharePoint list item from editing
Hello all, I would like to implement the following functionality on a custom SharePoint (WSS 3.0) list: When a choice field on a list (always the same one) is set to one particular value and the list item then saved, I would like to disable editing of this item, so that it remains unchanged from then on. Other list items (if their value of the choice field is different, of course), should be available for editing. What would be the best way to achieve this? Some Javascript that would detect the value in the choice field and then disable/hide the fields (maybe just the Save...

Make query headings just contain field names?
I've created Query2 based on Query1. When I select individual fields from Query1, the datasheet view displays the original query name in the column heading along with the field name: Query1.FirstName Is there a way to just display the field name: FirstName I'm using Access 2007. hi Sara, On 10.02.2010 21:46, SaraD wrote: > Is there a way to just display the field name: > FirstName Open your query in the designer and change the field selection to FirstName: Query1.FirstName mfG --> stefan <-- ...

Global Address list #40
Hi, i have: Windows 2003 SBS Exchange 2003 And Outlook 2003 clients Is there an option to edit or add recipients in the global address list, can i edit this items??? Thanks a lot what you add/edit/hide in active directory is what the GAL is going to show. "Daniel Vargas" wrote: > Hi, i have: > Windows 2003 SBS > Exchange 2003 > And Outlook 2003 clients > > Is there an option to edit or add recipients in the global address list, can > i edit this items??? > > Thanks a lot You add recipients by creating new mailboxes or contacts. Why do you want to ...

Smart List Builder object for GP 10 security
I've been trying to develop a smart list builder object for GP 10 to trouble-shoot security questions without having to get into SQL. What I'm trying to get to is a smart list where you can search by user ID, to see what they have access to, or by resource, to see who has access. Sounds simple enough, but I'm having trouble. I first populated the SY09400 to get the security resource descriptions, then built this SQL view, kind of based on another discussion thread I saw from David Musgrave: SELECT dbo.SY10500.USERID, dbo.SY10500.CMPANYID, dbo.SY10500.SECURITYROLEID, ...

List in single cell
I need to create a list of items (a menu) in a single cell, but each item below the previous. Each line is not the same number of characters and I would like each item on it's own line. Because of spacing I don't want to merge the cells. Any ideas? Press Alt-Enter at the end of each word.......it will line-feed but stay in the same cell till you press Enter alone. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Libby" wrote: > I need to create a list of items (a menu) in a single cell, but each item > below the previous. Each line is not the same number of characters and I...

Counting Repeated text or duplicates in a list
I need a simple formula to count the total number of repeated text in a list (column). Say there is thousands of entries (confirmation numbers) both numeric, alphabetic and alpha-numeric but many of the entries are repeats. How can I calculate in one cell the total number of repeated instances in the list? And I can't sort the list, just calculate the number of repeated instances in the list just the way it is, and the list is still growing, so I need the formula to be able to count all instances in the list even as they are being added. plz help ! =COUNTA(A1:A50)-SUMPRODUCT((...