Backup file #2

How do I create a backup file to be stored at different directory?  How to
specify the directory that I want the backup file to be stored?

Thanks,
Tom

Try Tools - Options - Save.  This will automatically save a copy of your file
every x minutes to the directory of your choice.  HTH
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"tkanasoot@yahoo.com" wrote:

> How do I create a backup file to be stored at different directory?  How to
> specify the directory that I want the backup file to be stored?
>
> Thanks,
> Tom
0
Michael5492 (655)
8/2/2005 3:14:08 PM
Do I need to set up my file to always create backup?
Does this saving feature save only the copy of my backup and not the
original file?

Thanks,

Tom

"Michael" wrote:

> Try Tools - Options - Save.  This will automatically save a copy of your file
> every x minutes to the directory of your choice.  HTH
> --
> Sincerely, Michael Colvin
>

> "tkanasoot@yahoo.com" wrote:
>
> > How do I create a backup file to be stored at different directory?  How to
> > specify the directory that I want the backup file to be stored?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Tom
It will always create an autorecovery file - not quite the same as a backup.
If you don't want to create your own backup when closing the file then maybe
one of the MVP's who visit this site can suggest other settings or provide
you with VBA code that will automatically save a second copy of your file to
a different directory.  Afraid that part is over my head.
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"tkanasoot@yahoo.com" wrote:

> Do I need to set up my file to always create backup?
> Does this saving feature save only the copy of my backup and not the
> original file?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom
>
> "Michael" wrote:
>
> > Try Tools - Options - Save.  This will automatically save a copy of your file
> > every x minutes to the directory of your choice.  HTH
> > --
> > Sincerely, Michael Colvin
> >

> > "tkanasoot@yahoo.com" wrote:
> >
> > > How do I create a backup file to be stored at different directory?  How to
> > > specify the directory that I want the backup file to be stored?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Tom
0
Michael5492 (655)
8/2/2005 8:28:05 PM
I save my files normally.  Then I'll use windows explorer to copy them to my
backup folders (LAN drives, CD/DVD's, or whatever).

But if you wanted, you could have a workbook event that saves a copy to a
specified folder each time you save the workbook.

Option Explicit

    On Error Resume Next
    MkDir "C:\mybackups"
    Me.SaveCopyAs Filename:="c:\mybackups\mynamehere.xls"
    On Error GoTo 0

End Sub

This code goes under the ThisWorkbook module.

And it overwrites the previous backup (if it exists) each time you save your
file.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Auto Open #2
Is it possible to have more than 1 Auto Open sub? combine -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Ed Davis" <ed.davis1@verizon.net> wrote in message news:A15C1D19-FDEC-471B-B745-C0DF7C9311A7@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have more than 1 Auto Open sub? > Hi, Why would you want more than one? Your Workbook_Open subroutine can call as many subroutines as you want. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Ed Davis" wrote: > Is it possible to have more than 1 Auto O...

Backup
When I try to make a backup from withing Great Plains, I am getting the message: Unhandled Script Exception Script '[693]()' not found Exception_Class_Script_Missing Script_CMD_Userfunc I cannot find anything in the Knowledge Base to help me resolve this. Can anyone help me? Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >When I try to make a backup from withing Great Plains, I >am getting the message: > >Unhandled Script Exception >Script '[693]()' not found >Exception_Class_Script_Missing >Script_CMD_Userfunc > >I cannot find anything in the Knowle...

Transferring a file
Hi, I want to transfer a file generated from great plains to a FTP server ,i don't know how to acess a FTP through dexterity . please advice Thanks in advance Interesting scenario... I think I'd look at finding a COM object/library or ..Net assembly that could do the communicating, and use that. Haven't needed something like that, but I'm sure they're out there. If not, I guess you could roll your own, if you know another programming language as well. There's on-line help and manuals on talking to external libraries. The fun will be getting that extern...

stm file size is problem..
I have a problem with priv1.stm file's size. It grows continuesly, and exchange server disk space 11 GB. priv1.stm's size is 9.6 GB. How can i reduce this file size ? Please, help me. Hi Jan, "jan" <jan@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:96EBE861-3FFC-46EA-AD26-2D23A5542441@microsoft.com... >I have a problem with priv1.stm file's size. It grows continuesly, and > exchange server disk space 11 GB. priv1.stm's size is 9.6 GB. How can i > reduce this file size ? Please, help me. You can use eseutil to make an offline defrag. Howev...

Outlook 2003: 2 Users share 1 inbox, 1 POP/SMTP acct w/o Exchange Server?
My wife and I need to share a common Inbox in OL 2003. ( One logon at a time) We have seperate "contact Lists / Address Books" however we can share common In-Box sub-folders for saved email. We're not a business and I don't see a need for an "exchange server." How can this be done in Outlook 2003? It came with our new system. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &am...

VBA: Open Most Current File In Specified Folder
I'm setting up a module that will grab a specific .xls and organize it for production as well as load the information into Crystal for archiving. In the past, I have always directed the user to save the .xls as "AnyFileName" in a specific folder and the module would pick it up at a scheduled time. This has me relying on the user to not make any mistakes in naming the file. Is there a produre in VBA that will open the most current file in a specified folder? The macro below should work OK. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP Sub FindNewestFile() With Application.FileSearch '// ...

Executing specific files at a certain time of the day.
Do you know of any software that can be programmed to launch certain files at certain times of the day? For example: At 9:00am it will execute 900am.exe and at 9:30am it will execute 930am.exe and so on. I am looking for any software or custom program that can launch any file I choose at the time that I choose. Thank you in advance for any help you can give, Mike You can use scheduled tasks, which is provided by windows, on the control panel. "Mike Smith" <mike@wn2000.com> wrote in message news:4c5e01c34176$935455f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Do you know of any softwa...

Does Outlook's Auto Archive Always APPEND TO or OVERWRITE a Previous Backup?
I ask because in another thread it was stated that auto-archive always appends, but lots of advice on multiple sites caution the user that it always over-writes. If it always appends, then I can use it. If it always overwrites, I can't. I think this is a very important distinction for the user and thus we should know one way or the other which is true append or over-write. Thanks. Yes, it always appends, because it is adding individual items to the = folders in the archive .pst file, not overwriting that file.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programmi...

Populate a .eml file
Is it possible to use mail merge in a .eml file using outlook? By this I mean, could I have outlook 1.Automatically email, say, ten different addresses, unattended by me and 2. Populate fields within the body of the email, based on a database or excel spreadsheet? Thanks, Ike It sounds like you are talking about a mail merge, and no, you cannot run one unattended. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and f...

pst file backup program(pfbackup.exe) installation problem.
Trying to instal the above, but getting errors. 1. "Setup has detected that you already have a version of pfbackup installed on this machine. ....must uninstall.... Answer YES to next qurstion. Click OK. 2. Are you sure you want to uninstall? YES 3. This action is only valid for products that are installed. YES 4. Please uninstall previous versions of PFbackup using the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel. OK No matter how hard I look, it isn't there. Also tried looking under different (administrator) logon accounts. Any ideas? Is there a .dll file somewhere? Sugge...

Group Policy Backup
Is there a way that a Group Policy Object can be backed up on a Server Core machine? Like we do using GPMC in a full dc. Using Powershell? Howdie! Am 01.07.2010 15:50, schrieb Venkat: > Is there a way that a Group Policy Object can be backed up on a Server Core > machine? Like we do using GPMC in a full dc. Using Powershell? GPMC delivers Scripts you can use to back them up. You can also download them seperately: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=38c1a89b-a6d2-4f2a-a944-9236999aee65&displaylang=en There should be plenty of scripting that...

Pub 2000 Reinstall question (part 2)
To catch everybody up I'll post my original request below and the reply I received from Brian, then my new problem/question. |||| I have Windows Office XP Small Business Edition (Publisher 2002) |||| and Windows XP. |||| |||| I previously had Publisher 2000 installed but when installing the Office XP |||| package I let it overwrite/replace the 2000 version. |||| To get some features I've decided to reinstall Pub 2000 and have both Pub |||| 2000 and Pub 2002 installed. |||| |||| When I run Setup.exe on the Pub2000 CDRom I get a window that says |||| the install is running in Mai...

Deleting Specific Rows #2
I use a spreadsheet for taking orders on the phone. The spreadsheet has all of the items we carry listed on it. At the end of the sale I have to delete the columns that have no value in them so I can print the worksheet at a size that can be read. Is there a way to automatically delete those cells without having to select and delete them individually? Use Data>AUtofilter to show the blanks, then delete all visible rows. -- HTH Bob Phillips "ScaffoldingDepot" <ScaffoldingDepot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E805CC80-6847-405A-9E14-0E7B8B18D234@micr...

backup to a file?
hi, can I backup my exchange 2003 to a file (instead of backing up to a tape drive)?. I will then copy the file to elsewhere. Our exchange server is in a different (distant)location and for some reason the tape drive is not workng. So until that gets resolved, I need to have some other way.(temporarily) I am referring to the 'file' destination option in windows backup. Is this possible and also, will doing this cause any issues while restoring?(if needed) thanks!!! Yes. Just specify a path and ntbackup will create you a bkf file which you can copy whereever. -- Thanks, Bria...

HELP! Need to save in Excel 2.1 format
Hi I have excel 2007, and the datasystem here only accepts excel 2.1 format files. How can i convert or save in excel 2.1 format? I'd really appreciate any input, even link to some external convert program. Thanks Hi, Why you don't try to save it as excel 5.0 It should work when saving as scroll almost to the bottom there you will find excel 5.0 "Poppe" wrote: > Hi > > I have excel 2007, and the datasystem here only accepts excel 2.1 format > files. > > How can i convert or save in excel 2.1 format? > > I'd really appreciate any input,...

Great Plains Backup
Is it possible to schedule a GP backup? If yes how can this be done? You can schedule backups for system and company databases to occur on the days and the times that you specify. Only a system administrator can open the Schedule Backup window to schedule database backups. To schedule a database backup: 1. Open the Schedule Backup window. (File >> Backup >> Schedule button) 2. Enter a name for the schedule. 3. Select the company to back up. The path where the database will be backed up is displayed. You can modify the path, as needed. 4. Mark the days to ...

App_hang on splitting E-file transaction
OS: Vista 64bit I keep getting an app_hang when I try to split a downloaded transaction into 2 other split transactions. Specifically, the 2 splits are loan payments (hence split into interest + principal) written on a single check. Whenever I go to change the downloaded cleared check to reference the 2 seperate loan payments, the application hangs. When I re-start money the transaction keeps getting downloaded again and then hangs the app again when I try to split. You should fix that :P ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the sugges...

Duplicate copies of the same file(song)
I opened my music library and noticed hundreds if not thousands of duplicate songs. Almost as if I copied the same cd to the library 4 times. How can I erase the duplicates without doing it manually one at a time. I have no Idea why there are so many duplicates! Please help! -- Annoyed Windows Media user! What version of WMP and Windows? To reset the media library, follow the instructions, specific for your WMP and Windows version, at http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#medialibrary Note that resetting the media library will make you lose all existing play counts, and possibly rat...

Printing Postcards #2
I am new to Publisher and so this may be a elementary question, but I can't figure it out. I am trying to print postcards on Avery 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inch glossy perforated paper. On the publisher template everything looks great and I have resized for a 1/4 page paper. I am printing using landscape. When it prints, the 2 postcards on the left of the paper come out fine, but the right side of the paper is cut off by about a 1/4 inch. I have tried to print on 2 different computers, (HP Deskjet 960C) and (HP 1700CP) Can anyone help me figure this problem out? Thanks -- Mari Mari <...

Maximum file size for excel documents?
Hi, Does anyone know what the maximum file size for a excell 2000 workbook is? I'm currently upto 38mb, just need to know how much further I can go. Lots of data.... Hi see: http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Parag wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone know what the maximum file size for a excell 2000 > workbook is? I'm currently upto 38mb, just need to know how much > further I can go. > > Lots of data.... Thanks "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > see: > http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm ...

New Software Development Articles Directory #2
A new links directory of articles related to software development is "under construction" on http://www.softdevarticles.com/ Please feel free to use it in you next research and to contribute with your articles on XML and .NET ...

File I/O in Document/View architecture
Hello. I'm trying to make a program that reads from a large file as needed, putting data into structs then displaying the struct contents. When I look at examples of File I/O, I have a problem. Where should the I/O go? To me, it makes sense to have the document handle anything relating to file input, including a call to a CFileDialog class. This works fine for me, but is it good practice to do that in the document rather than the view? I would not put File I/O(which changes the document) in a view. What issues do you see if this is in the document? Document seems to be the correct place...

Backup
I have DataBase in SqlServer 2008.I Had taken database backup in full mode Around 10 days before. After that i ddi not take any other type of back.At the time of backup one table has around 1000 records.Now Accidentally Row has been deleted Now It has No Data.Before deletion now it has Around 3000 Records Is Their is Any Way to recover those deleted Rows From Full back Up Has the database been in full recovery model all the time since the full backup was taken? -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp http://sqlblog.com/blogs/tibor_karaszi ...

Import information into customer table from Excel (RMS 2.0)
I have some information that I would like to script to update into RMS 2.0's customer table. I have one part of the organization that provides information for certain customers that are to receive a discount. I would like to be able to run an update query that if there is a customer in the database and also in the .xls documentit updates a field in that customer entry. If there is a customer that's not in the table but in the .xls document I would like to have it add that customer and populate what information it can. I think I can figure the query out on my own, but ...

opening files error
For some reason, none of my Excel 2003 files will open when I double-click them from a folder or desktop shortcut - the only way I can open a file is to start Excel, click open and browse for the file I want. As a side note, I was recently attempting to get my workbooks to open in separate windows as opposed to multiple files open under the same heading - i.e. I wanted each file to have it's own toolabar, etc. After reading several discussion posts, I tried clicking Tools>Options>View>checking "Windows in Taskbar" and Tools>Options>General>checki...