Automatioc spill over data to a new Excel sheet from Xml source?

I have an XML source file with data for more than 256 columns. Since one
sheet can contain a max of 256 cols, Is there a way to make Excel, create an
additional sheet to keep the excess data? Preferrably using Xml map /
template?
0
Sruthi (1)

copying formula
I have a spreadsheet where I am referencing SEVERAL other worksheets, in order, in fact, they are called 1, 2, 3, etc... I want to be able to copy/drag the formula down so the sheet number would increase as I go down. Is this even possible? "KKay" <KKay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E91A9CA-11CE-4BE9-B83E-13B4DF7F3190@microsoft.com... > I have a spreadsheet where I am referencing SEVERAL other worksheets, in > order, in fact, they are called 1, 2, 3, etc... I want to be able to > copy/drag the formula down so the sheet number would...

Filling Missing Data
I have a file that I've pulled into Access. When the information downloaded, it didn't completely fill in some data, i.e. I have a customer column and an SIC Code file. In the SIC code column, I want all occurances of the customer number to contain the same SIC code. My file is almost 253,000 lines, so I'm helping there is a relatively easy way to do this. -- Thanks, Ash "Ash" <Ash@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0451FD81-F18C-46F7-93C6-0F0DED81D82C@microsoft.com... >I have a file that I've pulled into Access. When the informatio...

Excell protection
I made a worksheet in excell 2003. There is one group(+)/ungroup(-) button. When I put protection this button is useless. Is there any way to chenge it? i.e. I want to make protection of this worksheet and normal working group(+)/ungroup(-) button. I had the same issue and solved it with a small bit of VBA code that runs when the file opens Sub Auto_Open() Sheets("Sheet Name").Unprotect Password:="password" With Sheets("Sheet Name") .Protect Password:="ou812", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True ...

How to create a dynamic chart using data from every 7th data row
I have a spreadsheet of with multiple rows of data based on dates. I need to build a dynamic chart that only uses data from every 7th row. To date all I have been able to find is going through the whole spreadsheet and marking data in every seventh row. Any suggestions Here's one way: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon024 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Ralph" <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A82A2E2...

XML error "Some Data Was Imported As Text"
Daily, I recieve a 3rd party XML file that I parse in Excel (using an excel macro) and then import into an Access database. Infrequently, the data will import into Excel, then parse and then the routine stops with the error message above. I look through the raw XML file and everything appears to be within the brackets, etc. Can someone give me some clarification to the meaning of the error message? Thanks in advance and Mery Christmas and Happy Holidays! The error message might be generated within your macro - as it is parsing the data it might detect that some field which should be ...

How can i add new Tab to the fieldprops.aspx page for an entity
Hi , I have a requirement where i have add new tab to do addditional functionality the the field property. Can any one help on this . Regards, Chittu Hi, Remember that 8 is the maximum tab limit. Settings -> Customization -> Customize entity -> Account -> forms and Views -> Account Form -> Add Tab -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan :: CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com "chitrarasan" wrote: > Hi , > I have a requirement where i...

Contents in cell not "spilling" into adjacent blank cell
I have a spreadsheet that the contents of a cell are not spilling into a blank cell. If A1 contains a long string of text and B1 is empty, then A1's text will also show in the adjacent empty cells. If this is a feature, I have never had a need for it and would like to turn it off but not sure how. I can also avoid it in the future. Thanks! Bluegrassstate, Some possibilities: The cell is formatted for wrap text (Format, Cells, Alignment) and the row is not set for Autofit , or is right-aligned -- try Edit - Clear - Formats (you can undo it later) to see if any formatting is the c...

Excel Macro 01-11-10
Hello, What I'm now trying to do is to set up a macro that unmerges 4 columns and then shifts the data in column to the next column (Example: Column B data to Column C), and then the other way around, (Column E data to Column D). I tried using a variety of cut and paste macros, however, I'm very new to macros. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line 3. You send a cl...

Update CRM Data using vb.net
Hi, I am new to CRM. I am trying to retrive and update information into CRM using my VB.Net application. I am able to retrieve information from CRM. But i am not able to update. Can any one tell me how to update contact information using VB.Net. If any sample program it will help me to create some applications. Thanks in advance. Phani Check out the Microsoft CRM examples on msdn.microsoft.com - a number of these show updfating data "Phani" <phanimadhavsv@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Ow5xjhnWDHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am new to CRM. I am...

I can't see the data (###) in a merged area?
I have a form saved as a webpage for electronically filling out but I am having a problem with a couple of areas. There are a few large areas that have been merged to create a large area for the user to type in information but when it is sent to me I get the usual ##### across the center of the merged area. If I double click in the area I can then see the info at the top but it will not show or print where it should be and it is not larger than the supplied box. Any suggestions? Try formatting that cell as General. (A format of Text has trouble with strings between 256 and 1024 char...

Excel web page, what is Interactivity?
Hi List when saving excel as a webpage, the box comes up for "interactivity" what does that mean. I want people to be able to use "control + F" to search for info, would I have to tick that box on interactivity to allow them to do that?? Thanks Althea --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.528 / Virus Database: 324 - Release Date: 16/10/2003 Try it both ways and view the results in your browser. Interactivity embeds a true spreadsheet in the web page. But only users who have Office 2000 ...

Splitting Data in a Cell into Groups
I have a issue where I have a list of 3 letter codes seperated by a ; that I need to grouped by the first letter of the code (ABC, ACB, AAA and BAA, BAB, BAC and so on) but I'm unable to figure out how to do this in either Excel or Access. There are about 60,000 rows and 1 code to 500 codes in each cell. Please help Here is an example of the data ABC;ACD;ADD;AEF;BOA;BPA;BZZ;CED;CEZ;TTY;ZZZ We want a way to seperate the data in the columns into 26 Columns (Each Column for each letter in the alphabet) Column A: ABC;ACD;ADD;AEF Column B: BOA;BPA;BZZ Column C: CED;CEZ Column T:...

How do I add a variable with unevenly distributed data to a data s
I have a large (12000 rows, 75 columns) panel data set in excel with 188 countries and 55 years for each country (1950-2004). Now I want to add a new variable to this data set. I presently have another excel sheet with data on this variable along with the corresponding country and year variables. But in this second data set, there are only 1600 observations which are unevenly distributed across the countries and years; for example, for some countries there are no observations, for some there is one and for others there are several. Is there a way in excel to insert this variable into th...

Prevent equation from skipping data when referencing import data?
I am referencing data that is being imported from access in table on a seperate worksheet. When the data is refreshed, only the last new entry is placed in my seperate table, not all of them. How do I fix this? ...

How to force rebuild and update data from msproject to project server database
Hi all, (I use MS Project Pro 2003 connect to Project Server) I have a ms project file (ABC.Published), in this file I have 800 task. In the project server database, table MSP_TASKS, this project has 800 rows, but there are 600 rows in the MSP_VIEW_PROJ_TASKS_STD. I forced rebuild data with this help: http://www.projectserverexperts.com/ProjectServerFAQKnowledgeBase/BinaryRebuild.aspx but data in MSP_VIEW_PROJ_TASKS_STD remain 600 rows. Is there another way to force rebuild MS Project Server Database? I need to see the log for project server error, where can I see? Thanks ...

excel office V excel viewer, slight problem
I have simple spreadsheet for converting UK �s to Euro it is set up to put the current rate into a box and it converts automatically from one to the other from 50p to �100. I have sent this to a couple of people but they have `excel viewer` rather than `office` so the programme doesnt work for them. Is there a way around this, is there something I could download and redo so it works for them in `excel viewer`? thanks The Excel viewer purports to be able to allow users to open, view, and print, and even copy data, but says nothing about being able to use any Excel features, such as formu...

charts and data
I am setting up a grapg that shows data points over time comparing different lots of product. For some odd reason I am not getting the whole cahrt that I am indicating in my set up. I am losing time in either the beginning or the end. ...

New Organization Name
Hi, We are currently running Exchange 2000 in Win2k Active directory. Our company name just changed and i was wondering if anyone could help me with the best way to update my network to reflect the change. Should I just change the organization name in Exchange or would i have to run some tool to have it done properly? Currently my organization uses the format: organization.com. The new name will be organization2.com. Another caveat is that i want to be able to somehow have the olde email point to the new address is this possible without building a new server from scratch with a new do...

Extracting data from a worksheet
WinXP, Excel 2000, Novice I have a multi-sheet workbook that I use to track sales and driver earnings for a small courier company (20 drivers). It works well for what I want it to do, but as time goes on my requirements are changing. I don't want to completely redesign my spreadsheet but I need to extract certain data from one or more sheets to create a summary. I actually figured out a way to achieve this from one sheet, but it's not pretty and requires an intermediate sheet whose only purpose is to create the basis for a pivot table. Let me explain. One worksheet is called '...

Cannot save paycheck data; Bug?
I've tried repeatedly to add our Paychecks: 1. Detailed method with payroll deductions etc. 2. Just the net pay ALL fields are complete, hit the OK button, get nothing. Either an error message indicating that all fields must be filled out or there is incorrect info, or, no error message and clicking OK button does nothing. I cant image what would be incorrect about the info provided. Money correctly calculates my net pay using method #1, so what whats the deal? I changed all the fields at least once to no avail. Closed the app and restarted. Same results. So far, Money has been p...

how do I prepare a excel spreadsheet to track homework assignmen.
What kind of an answer do you expect from that? Ask a quetion, Regards, Alan. "mscssr" <mscssr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12403D28-7204-4634-B72F-C11EC7C0105C@microsoft.com... > Or even a Question! lol "Alan" <alan111@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:uj7cuvsdFHA.2556@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > What kind of an answer do you expect from that? > Ask a quetion, > Regards, > Alan. > > > "mscssr" <mscssr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:12403D28-7204-4634-B72F-C11EC7C0105C@...

matching data in 2 worksheets
Hi, We have started entering our membership in an Excel workbook of about 500 names with names, age, birthday, address, tel no., mobile nos. 2 of us were assigned to enter the data in the same worksheet. Unfortunately, my associate opened a wrong file ( not the updated ones) and entered about 50 names in a separate file and sorted the names. Is there a reconcile the 2 worksheets? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-functions/201001/1 Copy and Paste from Wrong to Right and re-sort? best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft ...

Is there a way to trap printing-related data?
Hello and thank you for your help, How might it be possible to trap information when something is printed? Info like paper size, mainly. And I need a way to invoke a dialog when something is printed. Any help you could give will be appreciated. Thanks, Ivan You can retrieve information from Windows for jobs in the queuest. Look into OpenPrinter() and GetJob() to put you in the right direction. Although that information like what you're looking for may require that you query the actual printer driver (i.e., HP SDK). Eddie. "Ivan Starr" <ivan@ivanstarr.com> wrote...

Huge data
I have a data 25 coloums and 60 rows containing % values, which graph i will choose good presantaion and how can i make. X/Y scattert is not showing good chart, my data is construction of villas, rows included 50 villas numbers, and coloums included villas constructions details (eg. water proofing, compaction, tile working setting out plan etc,) there is 25 items. Please help me. Hi please don't multipost -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Raashid wrote: > I have a data 25 coloums and 60 rows containing % values, > which graph i will choose good presantaion and how c...

data cycle
Hi all, I'm building a wizard that make data cuts for groups i need to make sufficient way to extract the data one cycle before in a smart way depending on the population beside the cycle i need to take to consideration the year(if there was just one cycle in this year the data will be pulled from last year depending on the recent cycle if there was already a cycle in the the same year should extract the data from the same year just recent cycle any examples or comments? I wish I understood what you are talking about -- feel free to clarify your use of the term "cycle" in th...