automatically saving a workbook as today's date

I have set up a template and run a macro that copies information fro
one workbook to another, then saves the changes and then closes. Thi
is fine, but before the workbook closes I am trying to get the macro t
rename the template with today's date, but without success. I have pu
=today() in cell a1 and try to get the vba to look at this cell befor
closing but it just saves the template as (a1).xls instead of today'
date.
Does anyone know what I am doing wrong.
Your help will be gratefully received

regards

Steve Jackso

One way:

    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=Format(Date, "dd-mm-yyyy.xl\s")

In article <rsj1.11w6zx@excelforum-nospam.com>,
 rsj1 <<rsj1.11w6zx@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

> I have set up a template and run a macro that copies information from
> one workbook to another, then saves the changes and then closes. This
> is fine, but before the workbook closes I am trying to get the macro to
> rename the template with today's date, but without success. I have put
> =today() in cell a1 and try to get the vba to look at this cell before
> closing but it just saves the template as (a1).xls instead of today's
> date.
> Does anyone know what I am doing wrong.
> Your help will be gratefully received
>
> regards
>

> Steve Jackson
>

> ---

jemcgimpsey (6723)

Inserting a date field
How can I insert a date field into an excel cell. I can do it in Word quite easily but for some reason Excel presents more a a challange. R2D2, =TODAY() will give you today's date, is that what you need? -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "R2D2" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1HpHg.16195$Ch.11155@clgrps13... > How can I insert a date field into an excel cell. I can do it in Word qu...

Automatic CC

undo saving a document in Word
I changed a Word document and hit save. Oops!! Now I want to revert to the pre-editted version. Can I get it back? As long as you haven't closed the document, you can use Undo: press Ctrl+Z until you get back the version that you want. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "sillytilly" <sillytilly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D24714A3-15E7-41F3-8C75-D24F14597DB6@microsoft.com... >I changed a Word document and hit save. Oops!! Now I want to revert to the > pre-editted version. Can I get it back? If you realize the mis...

Save static data from web query
I have a worksheet with a web query. The sheet is accessed over the internet and the web query loads it with data. Is there a way for the user to save the worksheet together with the data rather than save it with the query itself? Once the sheet is loaded with data I want to save it containing static data and no web query... /Patrik ...

Edit document date on a posted sales document
Our client would like the ability to edit a posted sales documents document date. They indicated they would like security available to the option so that only specified users could change the date. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft...

Counting days between dates
I am trying to calculate working days late or early between two dates using =NETWORKDAYS(A2,B2) If I have a due date of 24 Sept and I ship on 24 Sep then I am neither late or early so I am on time i.e. 0 days - but my formula returns 1! If I have a due date of 24 Sept and I ship on 23 Sep then I am shipping 1 day early i.e. –1 – but my formula returns –2 formula due actual days early late should be 24-Sep 24-Sep 1 0 24-Sep 25-Sep 1 1 24-Sep 23-Sep -2 -1 What do I need to do...

Automatic axis format

Saving a calculated field
First, yes I have read the threads on storing a calculated field and that it is bad mojo to do that. However, I have pay data that I calculate and input to a database and it must be able to be reconciled with our ADP data. So I need the ability to change and fix the data so it does not change as a result of recalculations. I have a form with a field that calculates the pay based on hours and pay rate. I have another field (the "copy" field) next to that one that has the control source set to the database field. I have set the default value of that field to be equal to the...

newbie-pls help me with inserting date into editbox in MFC.
Actually i tried to create an editbox in a dialog and then for the editbox i assigned a member variable m_val4 of type COleDateTime,but in the date editbox i need only the date part as it is obvious but the above gives me both time and Date.Is there something like GetCurrentDate(); This code below m_val4 = COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime(); Gives me 1/27/06 2:14:38 PM What do i do to get Date alone and Time alone.Thanx in advance. There are GetMonth(..), GetDay(...), GetHour(...),GetMinute(...), GetYear(...) GetSecond functions you can call on COleDateTime object after you construct ...

Date and Time on Reports
How do I print the current/report date and time on reports as well as on receipt templates (POs, PORcv etc)? hi Alex, you can use the formula to translate the time: below is the code for you as example: (timesold is the datetime field) in RMs all transaction date field contain also time. Begin Column FieldName = "TimeSold" DrillDownFieldName = "" DrillDownReportName = "" StoreIDFieldName = "" Title = "Time Sold" VBDataType = vbString Formula = "replicate('0',2-len(cast(DatePart(Hh,[Transaction].Time) a...

Loss of formatting when saved as .xls file
I have created a document in Excel 2007 with some normal cell formatting, such as bold text, merge & center, and border lines. When checked for compatibility no errors or messages appear. When the file is saved as an .xls file, closed, then opened again all of the formatting is completely gone and all that is left is text. I had this problem with another file but it was fixable becuase it did show compatibility issues that could be fixed. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. ...

Number with dash is importing as date
An Excel spreadsheet is being exported from a SQL database that I cannot change, so I need to accomplish this in Excel. Sometimes, some of the many numbers contain a dash which Excel then interprets as a date. I can remove the dash programatically, but the number is not correct afterwards. For example, the number imported is 05-9078 which is displayed in Excel as May-78, but is actually stored as 5/1/9078. Changing the cell format to number or text gives me 2621833. I need to be able to add to my macro something that will give me back the original number so that I can remo...

Automatic Forward
How can I automatically forward messages received from a specific sender to another's e-mail person? Thanks, ...

Can I delete a saved view that was assigned to someone else?
I created a view for a user, then assigned it to them. However, now it is clogging up my personal views. I tried to delete the view from my list, but it deleted it from other users view. Am I stuck with the views forever? When you assign a view or another record to a different user, the view is automatically "shared" back to you. Now that they own the view, they can un-share it. The other user should click on "Advanced Find" and select the Saved Views tab, select the view in question, click the "More Actions..." button, then "Sharing" and remo...

date calculation #2
Hi, I want to prepare a Excel spreadsheet which calculates the balance of good in a store as, for eaxmple, follows. A B 1 Brought forward 200 2 manufactured 10 3 Sales 15 4 Balance =B1+B2-B3 I need to know wehther it is possible to change automatically b/f value in cell B1 to the Balance value in cell B4 at the start of everyday. ...

CE6: How to Disable SIP popup automatically
Hi, I know SIP popup can be disabled by the following registry setting in CE5: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip] "TurnOffAutoDeploy"=dword:1 But It doesn't work in CE6. How to disable SIP auto-Popup in CE6? Thanks. Eric The SIP Auto Deploy in CE is due to Windows Controls invoke SHSipPreference (exported by AYGSHELL.DLL). So the easiest way is to avoid including AGYSHELL (SYSGEN_AYGSHELL) But if excluding AYGSHELL is not an option, you may need to modify the SHSipPreference (PRIVATE\SHELL\SHELLPSL\HAVEAYGSHELL\shellpsl.cpp) to supress SIP s...

List based on a date
I am looking for a function or code to extract from a list , names of those persons whose anuual fee payment due date is within next 15 days.This output list be a report or in a separate sheet which always reflect current status of the above function. Example :sheet 1 r/no -- col a------------col b----------------------------col c 1 ---name----------membership date--------------annual fee 2. ----david----------09-feb-2003--------------------$60 3. ------mark----------08-jan-2001--------------------$50 4. ------rosy-----------*********--------------------*** 5. ------cary-----------05-...