Automatically outline all email addresses in a given text by putting them in red-bold

Hi,

I often treat raw texts and need to quickly visialize the paragraph
containg email addresses. It takes me a great deal of working time t
manually click red-bold on each email address I see in a text and it i
not rare that I omit some addresses.

Is there a simple function (like replace all *@* with *@* red-bold) i
Excel or Word that I can use to automatize the process?

Thanx in advanc

--
frenchbo
frenchbox's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2927

Modified from the help index for FindNext

Sub findandbold()
With Range("k1:k500")
    Set c = .Find("@", LookIn:=xlValues)
    If Not c Is Nothing Then
        firstAddress = c.Address
        Do
    With c.Font
           .ColorIndex = 3
           .Bold = True
    End With
            Set c = .FindNext(c)
        Loop While Not c Is Nothing And c.Address <> firstAddress
    End If
End With

End Sub

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

> Hi,
>
> I often treat raw texts and need to quickly visialize the paragraphs
> containg email addresses. It takes me a great deal of working time to
> manually click red-bold on each email address I see in a text and it is
> not rare that I omit some addresses.
>
> Is there a simple function (like replace all *@* with *@* red-bold) in
> Excel or Word that I can use to automatize the process?
>
> Thanx in advance
>

> --
> frenchbox
> frenchbox's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29271
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=496048

0
Don

Conditional formatting in text boxes
I have textboxes on a userform. The text boxes read (and write) to cells A1:A60 Adjacent to these cells I have a comments column which is filled in for particular rows Depending on whether the adjacent cell in column B has an entry, is there a way to make the textboxes change their font attributes? For example, become BOLD when there is a comment. Can anyone help? You should have posted your code..Within your loop add a line something like the below.. Dim intCount as Integer For intCount = 1 To 60 Me.Controls("Textbox" & intCount).Font.Bold = _ No...

Printing LOTS of emails
I have to print a lot of emails - possibly several thousand. I have a macro that sends them to the printer, but is there a way I can read the contents and write them to a text file? I'd like them to look as much as possible like the actual printed copies do. It seems I MIGHT be able to open a text file, then write out the relevant fields, like: Open OutMail for output as 1 for each MailItem a$ = mailitem.field1 if len(a$)>0 then print #1,a$ a$=mailitem.field2 if len(a$)>0 then print #1,a$ etc. Print #1, "End of this mailitem" next Mailitem Close 1 Will this...

sending email #14
When sending a new email in Outlook 2003 I start typing the recipients name in the To: field, rather than selecting it from the GAl. For certain recipients, multiple aliases appear in the drop down box. Depending on the name selected the email may not be delivered at all. Is there a way to clear/update the address book cache, if you will, to only have the correct alias appear? Thanks in advance, Aaron Neunz On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:00:31 -1000, Aaron Neunz <apn@rrbiznet.com> wrote: > When sending a new email in Outlook 2003 I start typing the recipients > name > in...

Can't send email in Outlook 2002
After clicking on send, I got the following error message: The operation failed due to network or other commuication problems. Check your connection and try again. I was able to receive email. What gives? Are you connected to Exchange or is this a connection to your ISP? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Marian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b65c01c4500d$9c0ab1c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > After clicking on send, I got...

Automatic CC

Automatic axis format

turn text upside down #2
I develop a fingerprint application on pocket pc and I need to display message during the capture process. So for now I use an edit box but I would like to make a rotation of 180 � to make the message readable by the people whom I capture the fingerprint. Should I just make a rotation of the graphic display, I mean just of the edit box area or is there any other mean ? ...

random text displaying
what i want to do is create a way to make a schedule randomly. i want t put in all possible shifts in a worksheet, then somehow be able t bring them up at random with the rand function and give the shifts t people who are available to work them. i'm not sure if i will be abl to do this solely with excel, or if i will need to use other tools a well. any help would be appreciate ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com You have the right idea -- use the =RAND() fu...

Inbox says 2 new emails, not seeing them..
I have a user in our New York office (I'm in New Jersey)... she's running Outlook 2003. This moring her Inbox showed 2 new emails, but they all showed as being read already. She has an appointment, but after that I might use TeamViewer to access her computer.. is there anything I should look for or do? Is she syncing with a smartphone or pda? Is her reading pane set to mark messages read when the selection changes? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ ...

Distribuiton list sending from worng e-mail address
I am using Outlook 2000 (its old but it works), it is not connected to an exchange server. Everytime I make a distribution list it use the wrong e-mail address for the sender address, but I don't get offered the opportunity to enter an e- mail address. I have two e-mail address setup in Outlook, one I use all the time and the other one which I use about twice every 6 months and to use it I have to go into Tools > Services to change profile if I want to send and receive from said e-mail address. So why is the distribution list sending from the wrong address?? Tim...

How to add a 2nd page to an online email newsletter in Publisher?
I have inserted a 2nd page to my online email newsletter in publisher but when I view it by either the preview or sending it to my self I cannot get to the second page!! Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong and how to fix this please. This is for my small business and I am trying to have this ready for a June 1 release. Thank you. I think the only way of getting additional story to your email is make a Publisher page twice as long (22"). Creating a multi-page PDF file may be more appreciated by your readers for it is a nicer file to save, and print out. -- Don Vancouver, ...

Update global address book not working!
Hello, I've noticed that users I've setup over the last two days aren't appearing in the global address book in people's outlook but you can see them in the All Users Address book. Can someone inform me how to update this so the user is visable in the global address book. Thanks If you're running Outlook 2003 cached mode you're working off the offline address book, so start looking there. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "John D" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Security on New Email Address
I am getting some really dirty spam. I opened a new e-mail account hoping to use the old as a default for when anyone is on the internet so that I can keep the new one clean. When I open Outlook I don't want my email account to open automatically and if I am not there I don't want someone else to access it. However as soon as I open Outlook I am prompted to open my new account and unless I sign in my password I cannot receive mail for the old account, I get a mail error message. How can I keep my new mail private and let others access the other account automatically? Let's approac...

Help Old addresses keep coming up

is there a way to send out an email at a prescheduled time?
Say today I have written an email to congratulate somebody for a certain future event -- such as giving baby, etc... Is there a way to time my email? Thanks a lot! click on Options when composing the message - depending on your version and account type, the message will be sent at the time specified. Test it first to see how it works with your combination. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http:/...

Convert text invoice into a table- please help!
Hi, We have an invoice in text format in excel. I need to convert in a table format to be able to convert it into a pivot I need macros created which can 1) delete blank rows 2) delete rows which start with certain text in a particular (the invoice heading appears frequently in every page) 3) each transaction is in 2 lines- need it to be in one line PAGE ROSANA ALAM 36422299601017 FINANCE CONTROLLER 30/03/10 MICROSOFT GULF FZE LLC MICROSOFT STAFF 1 P O BOX 52244 DUBAI AGN CODE:01 AGN NAME :DNATA TEMPORARY STATEMENT FOR MARCH 2010 DATE TICKET TRAN...

About duplicated email remover!
hi, everyone! As known to us, duplicated email remover can find repetitious mails in the folders of outlook. But, a unregistered copy can only be used in 30 days. After 30 days, the software can not be used as the expired version. Who can give me SN? I can't afford it as the dear cost! Thanks so much! Happy new year! "KejiaLi" <kejiali@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23KyjJGrDGHA.1032@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > hi, everyone! > As known to us, duplicated email remover can find repetitious mails in the > folders of outlook. But, a unregistered copy can onl...

Forward MailBox:Outlook Emails are not showing as CRM activities
Hi, I have configured forward mailbox successfully using Email router and executed Rule Deployment Wizard after that.Noe Emails are successfully routed to the corresponding mailboxes using forward mailboxes(Same can be seen in outlook) but unfortunately when I am selecting "All Activities" from Microsoft CRM workplace these emails are not showing as activities i.e. Emails are not downloading to MS CRM system.Any possible reason for that? Hi Pratip i would look at the following things: 1.Are you tracking the emails from the CRM toolbar in outlook 2.Which emails have the user...