Automatically Highlight Every Second Row in Excel

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any way to have excel automatically
highlight every second row in a sheet to make it easier to read accross the
row?

Thanks
GW
0
NHB (1)

Can you use conditional formatting?

If yes, see Chip Pearson's site:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@netscape.com

remove 1st 2 letters in each row
I have 30 rows and each row I need to delete the first 3 letters. ex UNE127 UNE50 so it will be 127 50 Can someone please tell me how I can do this without going in and deleting each row. Thanks A simple MID might suffice Assume your data in A2 down In B2: =MID(A2,4,99)+0 Copy down. The "+0" bit will convert the extracted text nums to real numbers. Success? hit the YES below -- Max Singapore --- "Cathy" wrote: > I have 30 rows and each row I need to delete the first 3 letters. > ex > UNE127 > UNE50 > &...

Excel #11
Hello, I am trying to set up a duty log and I need to carry the total hours from one month to the following month. How do I set up another form for the consecutive months and how do I continue to carry the hours over to the following month? Hi Jack the answer depends on how your current sheet is set up now .. .however, to get you started to link between one sheet and the next 1) click where you want the answer (ie your second sheet, maybe in a column called "brought forward") 2) type an = 3) click where the information is coming from (ie your first sheet) 4) press enter If ...

Automatic CC

2007 Excel Dif Paste Special
When I do a paste special into a Dif file from another excel file, I get an unfamiliar menu. I'm use to seeing a buttoned menu, but this is listing. Has anyone seen this before? You will generally see that menu when you have two workbooks open in separate instances of Excel. Close one down and open both workbooks in a single instance. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 11:56:01 -0800, andybo <andybo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I do a paste special into a Dif file from another excel file, I get an >unfamiliar menu. I'm use to s...

Automatic axis format

Find highest value in each row.
Hi, I have a problem trying to find the highest value for each row. I have a query, which adds up scores. Its based on a table something like this orgID Score1 Score2 Score3 Score4 Score5 Score6 1 10 1 5 2 11 20 2 1 4 2 12 11 24 1 10 7 15 12 1 2 and so on..... I have query that basicly adds up some of the scores into groups. So its like: orgID ScoreSet1:[Score1]+[Score2]+[Score3] ScoreSet2:[Score4]+[Score5]+ [Score6] 1 16 ...

every second column
Hello Is there a possibility to show only every second column of the sheet in the chart - without hiding the columns in the sheet? Thank you Sincerely Lore Select the first column, hold CTRL down, select the second, third.... Make you chart best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Lore Leuneog" <Lore.Leuneog@gmx.net> wrote in message news:d18ot4$kk$04$1@news.t-online.com... > Hello > > Is there a possibility to show only every second column of the sheet in > the > chart - without hiding the columns in the sheet...

Excel File Opening Via Hyperlink
What do I need to do within an Excel document to have it open in print preview mode when the Intranet link to this file is clicked? Thank you. Put this one line Macro in the ThisWorkbook code area: Private Sub Workbook_Open() ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintPreview End Sub -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200723 ...

Duplicate records in Excel
How do I highliht duplicate records in Excel? I created a data base in Excel, and discovered that there are duplicate tag numbers from the old paper work I'm pulling data off of. So I'm looking for a way to get Excel to find those duplicate records and highlight the rows they are in. Sheidsa, have a look here http://cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Sheidsa" <She...

Excel Type Rounding
Hello, Am using A2k. Want to round numbers to thousands. With Excel I use Round(number, -3) for this. However, dont know how to do it with Access standard Round() function. The same syntax produces an error with Access. Pls Help For example, I want 125,232 to be displayed as 125,000 and 125,832 to be displayed as 126,000 TIA Anand Anand - Try this: Round([AmountToRound]/1000,0)*1000 -- Daryl S "Anand" wrote: > Hello, > Am using A2k. Want to round numbers to thousands. With Excel I use > Round(number, -3) for this. However, dont know ho...

Column format to override row fomat in FrX
In FrX the row format overrides the column format for font styles eg. bold etc. it would be useful if it was possible to have the option for the column format to override the row fomat ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesss...

problem with column charts and two Y axes in Excel 2003
I've used previous versions of Excel for column charts a fair bit, and it seems like something doesn't work in Excel 2003. I want to display two data series next to one another in a column chart, and each data series needs its own Y axis (they are on different scales). I can get the two series next to each other if they are both plotted against the same Y axis, but if I choose Format Data Series -> Axis -> Secondary Axis for the second data series, the two columns are on top of each other. I can't figure out how to change this, and I don't recall ever having this probl...

I need Excel Help
I have another question about my project that I don't understand, if anyone could help that would be awesome! consultants who work on a project also receive a bonus if the fees exceed estimates, otherwise the consultant received no bonus. Create one formula that calculates the bonus by referencing the appropriate bonus rate in the table given by the number of hours the consultant worked. Does this make sense to anyone? I really need help. Take a look at VLOOKUP in help. -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "IHate...

Trouble exporting Report to Excel
How do you increase rows to output size? When exporting a 2000+ page report to Excel (97-2002 *xls), stops on page 412 with message stating: “There are too many rows to output, based on limitation specified by the output format or by Microsoft Access”. Using Access 2000 with Windows 2000 OS Excel has a hard-and-fast limit of 65536. When you export to Excel from a report, you usually get extraneous blank lines, so it's conceivable that you're hitting that limit. There's no way around it, other than to simply export the data (assuming less than 65536 rows) rather than the rep...

Access 2 Excel
I exported an annual worklist from an Access table to Excel. There is column for tasks, one for frequency (TD, D, TW, W, TM, M, Q, SA, A twice daily, daily, twice monthly, etc) and a column for each month. The month columns have the same coded data as the frequency colum depending on when the task is done. The problem is that I tried to make a pivot table to count how man tasks (by frequency type) are done each month. Excel is counting th empty cells as if they had data. Search and replace doesn't work. even tried replacing the blank data in Access with ~ and re-exportin it. Ex...

Use a cell's value as row number for another cell in Excel
Excel XP: I'm trying to use the values in one row of cells (D1:F1) as the reference for the row value for a different series of cells (D2:F4). For example: Column A B C D E F Row 1 1000 30 170 1 2 3 2 1500 60 190 3 1200 20 175 I want to get the following cells to equal: D2=1000 (In other words: D2 = A1); D3=30 (In other words: F2 = B1); E2=1500 (In other words: E2 = A2); E3=60 (In other words: F2 = B2); F2=1200 (In other words: F2 = A3); F3=20 ...

Pinning a row
How do I keep the first row always visible when I scroll down? Click in A2, and then, <Window> <Freeze Panes> Here's an old post that might help explain: http://tinyurl.com/2qdzt -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Rick" <rhuldisch@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:93E01890-F83F-40CC-9F6A-F2D44EEF3D36@microsoft.com... > How do I keep the first row alway...

Why Do Excel Files Become Read-Only When I Extract from Excel to A
Title pretty much sums it up. I create an Excel file, I pull 2 or 3 worksheets into Access as import-tables. I work awhile in Access and then I go back to the Excel file and it's gone from a regular working Excel file to "Read-Only". I know it's an Excel question but I'm posting it here because it ONLY happens when I'm in Access. Thanks Are you creating a connection via vba? Most of the time this happens to me when there is a workbook already open with the same name but isn't visible. If you go to the task manager and look at the processes to see if a...