automatic output from known data

i have 2 spreadsheets of data: 1=english, 2=metric
each spreadsheet has 3 columns, with the first column being an ID #.

on my output spreadsheet i have 4 blanks.
in blank 1 i enter a "1" or "2" for english/metric
in blank 2 i enter the ID #
i want blanks 3 and 4 to automatically be filled with the other tw
numbers from the id#'s row.

DATA WORKSHEETS
english
1 123.8 9.8
2 122.7 10.3

metric
1 1983 9.8
2 1965 10.3

OUTPUT WORKSHEET
blank 1 = english <----- manual
blank 2 = 1 <----- manual
blank 3 = 123.8 <---- automatic
blank 4 = 9.8 <---- automati

--
lsu-i-lik
lsu-i-like's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1431

This should do the trick for you.  This would be for the first automati
column, for the second, just change the '2' at the end of the inde
functions to a '3'.

=IF($A2=1,INDEX(English!$A:$C,MATCH($B2,English!$A:$A,0),2),INDEX(Metric!$A:$C,MATCH($B2,Metric!$A:$A,0),2))

Let me know if you have questions - Cha

--
cvolker
cvolkert's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2438

worked like charm.  thanks, thats so cool. :

--
lsu-i-lik
lsu-i-like's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1431
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38013

Generate a random 6 character output
I am looking for a way to randomly generate a 6 character output of letters and numbers like abc123 or 258qwe etc... Can anyone show me how to do this or point me to some examples? Thanks for any help. -- Stephen Well I have built my own answer. 1 table with 2 fields. LTR and NUM. LTR has 10 letters and NUM numbers the letters 0-9. The following is the code I built from the help file. Function RNDPassword() Dim db As DAO.Database Dim char1, char2, char3, char4, char5, char6 Dim ltr1 As Recordset, ltr2 As Recordset, ltr3 As Recordset Set db = CurrentDb ...

Automatic CC

Vary Colors in the Same Data Series
What do I need to do so to enable the box to click to Vary Colors by Point? Currently this option and the one above it (Series Lines) are "greyed out" for my chart. What type of chart. What version of XL? How many data point in a series? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Joseph Reilly" <JosephReilly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E0DED7C-D6C2-4C91-911B-328E2BC19E7B@microsoft.com... > What do I need to do so to enable the box to click to Vary Colors by > Point? > ...

Save static data from web query
I have a worksheet with a web query. The sheet is accessed over the internet and the web query loads it with data. Is there a way for the user to save the worksheet together with the data rather than save it with the query itself? Once the sheet is loaded with data I want to save it containing static data and no web query... /Patrik ...

Automatic axis format

combining data from 2 sheets
Hi.. I have data in 2 sheets which i want it to be displayed in the third sheet. Please suggest me how to proceed with this... ------**------ Example : Sheet 1: Sheet 2 : No Name1 No Name2 1 abc 1 efg 2 eds 2 xyz 4 def 3 aaa 5 dss 6 ddd The Result should be : Sheet 3 : No Name1 Name2 1 abc efg 2 eds xyz 3 aaa 4 def ...

Purchase Orders
Hello, I'm trying to create POs using GP (version 8.00g34) on our GP server, however going Transactions -> Purchasing -> Purchase Order Entry generates a "Cannot access this form because the dictionary containing it is not loaded." error. The other areas of GP (which I have access to) look OK. Could there be something wrong with my Dynamics.set file? We have workstations that use GP and the .set file looks the same. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Chris Check to make sure there security is not looking for an alternate Great Plains windo...

how to include schema declaration in xslt output

CE6: How to Disable SIP popup automatically
Hi, I know SIP popup can be disabled by the following registry setting in CE5: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip] "TurnOffAutoDeploy"=dword:1 But It doesn't work in CE6. How to disable SIP auto-Popup in CE6? Thanks. Eric The SIP Auto Deploy in CE is due to Windows Controls invoke SHSipPreference (exported by AYGSHELL.DLL). So the easiest way is to avoid including AGYSHELL (SYSGEN_AYGSHELL) But if excluding AYGSHELL is not an option, you may need to modify the SHSipPreference (PRIVATE\SHELL\SHELLPSL\HAVEAYGSHELL\shellpsl.cpp) to supress SIP s...

Determine if a linked cell contains data
Using vba I'd like to change the formatting/colours on a particular cell if the cell contains text. So for example: If Application.WorksheetFunction.IsText(Cells(i, ColNum)) Then Cells(i, ColNum).Font.Bold = True Cells(i, ColNum).Interior.ColorIndex = 40 End If This works fine for cells which do contain text but not for cells which contain 'linked text'. I have some cells which are linked from a 2nd sheet and in the 2nd sheet they contain text. The code above does not work because there the cell contains ='Sheet2'!B93 How can I get ...

Automatic Forward
How can I automatically forward messages received from a specific sender to another's e-mail person? Thanks, ...

Data from DialogBox to MainFrame
Hi, I have a CDialogBox class, which collects some information (Cstrings and ints), and stores them in internal variales. I would like to pass that information to the MainFrame class. how can i do that? I'm using Visual Stuido 6.0. SDI. thanks in advance Martin wrote: > Hi, I have a CDialogBox class, which collects some information > (Cstrings and ints), and stores them in internal variales. I would like > to pass that information to the MainFrame class. how can i do that? > I'm using Visual Stuido 6.0. SDI. > thanks in advance > Martin: Is this a modal or mod...

Automatic Database Backup
Is it possible to right code to automatically backup a database? And if so how, or where, can I get information on this? Hi There are a few way to do this. I have windows scheuler doing this on all my databases (at 1 min past midnight each day). Open Scheduled Tasks (it's in the control panel). It's very simple and not likely to go wrong -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Ayo" wrote: > Is it possible to right code to automatically backup a database? And if so > how, or where, can I get information on this? Thanks Wayne. So I take it that, there is no way t...

Automatically format charts with range of dates
What I am trying to do is I have 4 charts that are linked with data from another spreadsheet. They are basically week totals for my business and make a chart compared to say last year. What I want to do though is have an option on my report that I can enter in a specific date or a range of dates and have the charts automatically filter the new data in and change. Instead of having to go into the chart data and changing what series of data I want to have a chart for I want to be able to just enter eg. "April 12-April 18" and have the charts bring up that data to reflect the ...

Coustom Data storage Location and Backing up and Restoring stuff.
Hi Everyone Got a question, I have my WINDOWS LIVE MAIL store folder located at: D:\Christopher\Stuff To Keep\Application Data\Christopher's Mail I noticed that when I upgraded to Windows 7 ( 5 days ago ) from Windows XP that I just pointed WLM store folder to that D:\Christopher\Stuff To Keep\Application Data\Christopher's Mail closed WLM and then reopened it and magically all of my folders appeared with ALL of the emails in them just like they were. So my question is, if I ever need to reinstall WIN 7 and I get WLM installed and I just point my WLM to that D:...

automatic output from known data
i have 2 spreadsheets of data: 1=english, 2=metric each spreadsheet has 3 columns, with the first column being an ID #. on my output spreadsheet i have 4 blanks. in blank 1 i enter a "1" or "2" for english/metric in blank 2 i enter the ID # i want blanks 3 and 4 to automatically be filled with the other tw numbers from the id#'s row. DATA WORKSHEETS english 1 123.8 9.8 2 122.7 10.3 ... metric 1 1983 9.8 2 1965 10.3 ... OUTPUT WORKSHEET blank 1 = english <----- manual blank 2 = 1 <----- manual blank 3 = 123.8 <---- automatic blank 4 = 9.8 <---- automati ...

Insert date automatically
I have a column with values such as: 3/25 3/24 3/29 3/21 3/21 3/21 And wish to automatically add todays date if the value of the cell is blank in the mm/dd format. I have used an =If(Column:Column="",TODAY()) in a column next to it and formatted it in mm/dd to get the desired result. But how can I take this value (todays date) and insert it back into the original column automatically and without changing the other valuse? As always thank you! Rick Hi, Rick: Here's one way. Step 1 is to make a backup of your original file so you have a fallback in case something goes ...