Automatic numbering feature:

Is there a way to have a template (such as an expense report, policy order,
etc.) in Excel automatically number the document by who pulls it up first off
of the server?

Thanks in advance.

~VR
0
VVV1299 (1)

Automatically number by who pulls it up first? What does that mean? We can
make a worksheet have an autonumber if John opens it, then increase by one
if Joe opens it, etc... Coupl'a methods:
http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=351
http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=349

****************
Anne Troy
www.piersontech.com
www.mrexcel.com

"VVV1299" <VVV1299@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to have a template (such as an expense report, policy
order,
> etc.) in Excel automatically number the document by who pulls it up first
off
> of the server?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> ~VR

Week Numbers for Tax Year
Hi Can anyone post a reliable formula for calculating week numbers in Excel that relate to the UK Tax year? I guess week 1 would be the week with 6th April in it, or maybe week 1 is the first full week after 5th April. Does anyone know? Thanks -- Mike -Please remove 'safetycatch' from email address before firing off your reply- Maybe check with the UK tax folks to find out the criteria? mlv wrote: > Hi > > Can anyone post a reliable formula for calculating week numbers in Excel > that relate to the UK Tax year? > > I guess week 1 would be the week wit...

Automatic CC

Automatic axis format

Auto Number Problem
I have a table with an autonumber and periodically I migrate lines in that table to another table which saves the autonumber in a number formatted field. I had to reinstate a row with its original autonumber and the table lost count. It started counting from the reinstated number. Has anyone had this problem? For Example. I migrated lines 4000 - 4200 to another table. These lines no longer existed in original table. When I reinstated line 4100, it allowed the 4100 in the autonumber field. That would be fine, but it continued to number the lines from 4100 instead of 22000, which was ...

Number with dash is importing as date
An Excel spreadsheet is being exported from a SQL database that I cannot change, so I need to accomplish this in Excel. Sometimes, some of the many numbers contain a dash which Excel then interprets as a date. I can remove the dash programatically, but the number is not correct afterwards. For example, the number imported is 05-9078 which is displayed in Excel as May-78, but is actually stored as 5/1/9078. Changing the cell format to number or text gives me 2621833. I need to be able to add to my macro something that will give me back the original number so that I can remo...

I'm missing a number only in the final version
I am missing one of my number in the final version. It shows up in the final showing markup. Where the heck did it go? There is no markup indicated on that line and the numbering continues as though it is there. Markup: 1. Purpose 2. Scope Final: Purpose 2. Scope Note that in a document with Track Changes, numbering (paragraph/outline numbering, footnotes, endnotes, field numbering) may be incorrect until you have accepted all changes. There is nothing you can do about this. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Display name here" wrote: > I am...

Excel 2003
I've noticed several things which I'd like to be able to understand, control and/or eliminate: 1. On come cells, there's a dark triangle in the upper LH corner of the cell accompanied by a yellow exclamation point in a diamond. The cells in question don't appear to contain anything out of the ordinary. When I paste a cell's contents into other cells, the right side of the screen is taken over by a display of clipboard contents, which I didn't ask for. In addition, a small Paste icon appears next to the cells. Occasionally a Format painter icon appears next to a ce...

Automatic Forward
How can I automatically forward messages received from a specific sender to another's e-mail person? Thanks, ...

CE6: How to Disable SIP popup automatically
Hi, I know SIP popup can be disabled by the following registry setting in CE5: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip] "TurnOffAutoDeploy"=dword:1 But It doesn't work in CE6. How to disable SIP auto-Popup in CE6? Thanks. Eric The SIP Auto Deploy in CE is due to Windows Controls invoke SHSipPreference (exported by AYGSHELL.DLL). So the easiest way is to avoid including AGYSHELL (SYSGEN_AYGSHELL) But if excluding AYGSHELL is not an option, you may need to modify the SHSipPreference (PRIVATE\SHELL\SHELLPSL\HAVEAYGSHELL\shellpsl.cpp) to supress SIP s...

Automatically format charts with range of dates
What I am trying to do is I have 4 charts that are linked with data from another spreadsheet. They are basically week totals for my business and make a chart compared to say last year. What I want to do though is have an option on my report that I can enter in a specific date or a range of dates and have the charts automatically filter the new data in and change. Instead of having to go into the chart data and changing what series of data I want to have a chart for I want to be able to just enter eg. "April 12-April 18" and have the charts bring up that data to reflect the ...

Automatic Database Backup
Is it possible to right code to automatically backup a database? And if so how, or where, can I get information on this? Hi There are a few way to do this. I have windows scheuler doing this on all my databases (at 1 min past midnight each day). Open Scheduled Tasks (it's in the control panel). It's very simple and not likely to go wrong -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Ayo" wrote: > Is it possible to right code to automatically backup a database? And if so > how, or where, can I get information on this? Thanks Wayne. So I take it that, there is no way t...

Using Mergefield
Currently bring data into word from a database to populate invoice reminder letters, the problem is the 'Payment Outstanding' field in my database is a Negative number. Displayed -10,000.00 for example. Instead of spending time amending the fields and updating the database I was hoping to use MergeField to do it for me.... I currently use { MERGEFIELD PaymentOutstanding\# #,##0.00} to merge the data into word, which would display -10,000.00 in the word field Any ideas how I can convert '-10,000.00' into '10,000.00' Hi duttonkj, There are variou...

automatic output from known data
i have 2 spreadsheets of data: 1=english, 2=metric each spreadsheet has 3 columns, with the first column being an ID #. on my output spreadsheet i have 4 blanks. in blank 1 i enter a "1" or "2" for english/metric in blank 2 i enter the ID # i want blanks 3 and 4 to automatically be filled with the other tw numbers from the id#'s row. DATA WORKSHEETS english 1 123.8 9.8 2 122.7 10.3 ... metric 1 1983 9.8 2 1965 10.3 ... OUTPUT WORKSHEET blank 1 = english <----- manual blank 2 = 1 <----- manual blank 3 = 123.8 <---- automatic blank 4 = 9.8 <---- automati ...

Insert date automatically
I have a column with values such as: 3/25 3/24 3/29 3/21 3/21 3/21 And wish to automatically add todays date if the value of the cell is blank in the mm/dd format. I have used an =If(Column:Column="",TODAY()) in a column next to it and formatted it in mm/dd to get the desired result. But how can I take this value (todays date) and insert it back into the original column automatically and without changing the other valuse? As always thank you! Rick Hi, Rick: Here's one way. Step 1 is to make a backup of your original file so you have a fallback in case something goes ...

How to automatic sort email into folder and download attachment
Hi, I have a surveillance camera which will send out email when it detect motion. I can receive hundreds of emails just from this camera in a single day, so it troublesome to read and click on each email just to download the attachment. When the outlook receive the email, I know how to sort it into a designated folder. But is there anyway it can automatically download the attachment (video file) into a folder without the email. (so that I can store the video file in a CD later on). Anyone can help me. Thank you. Nelson Chou I can receive hundreds of email just from...

Make all number values BOLD that meet criteria ?
New to the board ! I'm sure my question is easy for all you gurus ! I've read around and it looks like I will need to use VBA to do what want but I want to make sure. I am working with lotto numbers so you have five columns x about 150 rows , each cell with one number value . I would like to make BOLD only the prime numbers. THEN...I want to have excel count how many prime numbers in each row. suppose you could just have excel count the number of bold values afte you have excel turn all prime bold. Anyway, conditional formating gives me only 3 filters. There are 1 prime number...

automatically
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0089_01C60228.AFA5BDA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi.. i used outlook express and now I am using outlook, but the contact = option is different from Outllok express. in outlook express when I = write a first character of one contact, outlook express complete the = address automatuically, in outlook 2003 no!! can i change this?? Can = outlook 2003 complete autoomatically my addresses?? Pls, help me! thks, Jane ------=_NextPart_000_0089_01C60228.AFA5B...