Automatic Link to another workbook

I have a workbook created that, every time I open it, I
get the question: Do you want to update the automatic link
to data in another workbook?

I didn't consciously set up a link and I don't want to get
this message. How do I find this link and break it so I
will not continue to get this message?

Any help is appreciated.

Close any other Excel workbooks you have open and do a "Find" for :\  (colon
backslash).

If you have several worksheets in your workbook, ask Excel to search the
entire workbook by selecting find within "Workbook" instead of "Sheet" (this
is under Options in your Find window).

Remove the formula by deleting it, or if you want to keep the data but
remove the link, Copy, Paste Special, Value.

"Barry" <Barry_Morris@whayne.com> wrote in message
> I have a workbook created that, every time I open it, I
> get the question: Do you want to update the automatic link
> to data in another workbook?
>
> I didn't consciously set up a link and I don't want to get
> this message. How do I find this link and break it so I
> will not continue to get this message?
>
> Any help is appreciated.

But they can be difficult to find.  I'd use Bill Manville's addin to help find
the pesky ones.

Findlink.zip from
http://www.BMSLtd.co.uk/mvp

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

another Exchange question ... two SMTP domains in one AD domain
I have a test environment with two standard edition Exchange 2003 servers in one mixed mode Windows 2003 Active Directory domain. Each Exchange server has its own SMTP domain -- say a.company.com for Exchange Server A and b.company.com for Exchange Server B. The users are only going to use Exchange Server A or B depending on their physical location in proximity to the server. Exchange Server A and B are also domain controllers, where Exchange Server A is the global catalog server. When I add a user to AD, they get user@a.company.com and user@b.company.com as email addresses. I can delete ...

Automatic CC

Links in a spreadsheet
I have a spreadsheet with about 10 worksheets. One of the worksheets ha a link to another excel spreadsheet, however i know how to identify th location of the spreadsheet, but i don't know where the link is- as i which cell and how to break the link. Please can anyone help. Many thanks:cool -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try Bill Manvilles Link Finder: Download here: http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm Frank > I have a spreadsheet with about 10 worksheets. One of the worksheets > has a link to another excel spreadsheet, however i know how to > iden...

Automatic axis format

How do I link the title on my tab(below) to a cell
I'd like the title of my worksheet to correspond with a certain cell. Rather than specifying a report title, you could enter is as a heading above the cell in question. -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "Goose" <Goose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AF912C1-1CC5-45AF-BFDD-D2BDF7B4B957@microsoft.com... > I'd like the title of my worksheet to correspond with a certain cell. ...

Automatic Forward
How can I automatically forward messages received from a specific sender to another's e-mail person? Thanks, ...

This batch has been marked for posting by another user.
I got an error message above in GP 8.0 when trying to transfer items through a batch. I reset the MKDTOPST field in SY00500 from 1 to 0 to disable the error message and deleted the matching record in IV30200 in order for posting to run. Is this the method to resolve the issue or not? Am I missing any other backend tables? If you have experience the similar issue or know how to troubleshoot this issue, please help. Thanks! KTN: You also need to delete the batch from SY0800 in the DYNAMICS database. Do not delete anything from IV30200 - this is a transaction history file. It is ...

CE6: How to Disable SIP popup automatically
Hi, I know SIP popup can be disabled by the following registry setting in CE5: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip] "TurnOffAutoDeploy"=dword:1 But It doesn't work in CE6. How to disable SIP auto-Popup in CE6? Thanks. Eric The SIP Auto Deploy in CE is due to Windows Controls invoke SHSipPreference (exported by AYGSHELL.DLL). So the easiest way is to avoid including AGYSHELL (SYSGEN_AYGSHELL) But if excluding AYGSHELL is not an option, you may need to modify the SHSipPreference (PRIVATE\SHELL\SHELLPSL\HAVEAYGSHELL\shellpsl.cpp) to supress SIP s...

Determine if a linked cell contains data
Using vba I'd like to change the formatting/colours on a particular cell if the cell contains text. So for example: If Application.WorksheetFunction.IsText(Cells(i, ColNum)) Then Cells(i, ColNum).Font.Bold = True Cells(i, ColNum).Interior.ColorIndex = 40 End If This works fine for cells which do contain text but not for cells which contain 'linked text'. I have some cells which are linked from a 2nd sheet and in the 2nd sheet they contain text. The code above does not work because there the cell contains ='Sheet2'!B93 How can I get ...

Automatic Database Backup
Is it possible to right code to automatically backup a database? And if so how, or where, can I get information on this? Hi There are a few way to do this. I have windows scheuler doing this on all my databases (at 1 min past midnight each day). Open Scheduled Tasks (it's in the control panel). It's very simple and not likely to go wrong -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Ayo" wrote: > Is it possible to right code to automatically backup a database? And if so > how, or where, can I get information on this? Thanks Wayne. So I take it that, there is no way t...

Automatically format charts with range of dates
What I am trying to do is I have 4 charts that are linked with data from another spreadsheet. They are basically week totals for my business and make a chart compared to say last year. What I want to do though is have an option on my report that I can enter in a specific date or a range of dates and have the charts automatically filter the new data in and change. Instead of having to go into the chart data and changing what series of data I want to have a chart for I want to be able to just enter eg. "April 12-April 18" and have the charts bring up that data to reflect the ...

automatic output from known data
i have 2 spreadsheets of data: 1=english, 2=metric each spreadsheet has 3 columns, with the first column being an ID #. on my output spreadsheet i have 4 blanks. in blank 1 i enter a "1" or "2" for english/metric in blank 2 i enter the ID # i want blanks 3 and 4 to automatically be filled with the other tw numbers from the id#'s row. DATA WORKSHEETS english 1 123.8 9.8 2 122.7 10.3 ... metric 1 1983 9.8 2 1965 10.3 ... OUTPUT WORKSHEET blank 1 = english <----- manual blank 2 = 1 <----- manual blank 3 = 123.8 <---- automatic blank 4 = 9.8 <---- automati ...

Insert date automatically
I have a column with values such as: 3/25 3/24 3/29 3/21 3/21 3/21 And wish to automatically add todays date if the value of the cell is blank in the mm/dd format. I have used an =If(Column:Column="",TODAY()) in a column next to it and formatted it in mm/dd to get the desired result. But how can I take this value (todays date) and insert it back into the original column automatically and without changing the other valuse? As always thank you! Rick Hi, Rick: Here's one way. Step 1 is to make a backup of your original file so you have a fallback in case something goes ...

Losing rows that reference data from another worsheet
I am designing an invoice in Excel 2007 that draws data from a query in Access 2007. I have constructed a 2-worksheet workbook; Sheet 1 is the formatted invoice, and Sheet 2 is linked to the Access query results. Sheet 2 is doing its job perfectly. Part of Sheet 1 references the Sheet 2 data in the same list format. (Sheet 2 is named "Account Data".) Each cell in Sheet 1's range has a formula like this: =IF('Account Data'!C3<>"",'Account Data'!C3,"") Only the cell references change. These formulas have been filled down t...

How to automatic sort email into folder and download attachment
Hi, I have a surveillance camera which will send out email when it detect motion. I can receive hundreds of emails just from this camera in a single day, so it troublesome to read and click on each email just to download the attachment. When the outlook receive the email, I know how to sort it into a designated folder. But is there anyway it can automatically download the attachment (video file) into a folder without the email. (so that I can store the video file in a CD later on). Anyone can help me. Thank you. Nelson Chou I can receive hundreds of email just from...

Data Type Issue in Linked Excel Table
Hello, I have a table in acess that links to an excel spreadsheet. I have a field "Comments" that is a memo field, and all the text in that field shows up when i open up the linked spreadsheet in excel. Yet when i view that same linked data in access, the field is cut off even though it's specified as a memo. Looking at the data format of the "Comments" field in the linked table in access, i see that the data type for that field is @. I take this out, and i then see all the text in that field! The problem is, that it will NOT save that way...the @ s...

automatically
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0089_01C60228.AFA5BDA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi.. i used outlook express and now I am using outlook, but the contact = option is different from Outllok express. in outlook express when I = write a first character of one contact, outlook express complete the = address automatuically, in outlook 2003 no!! can i change this?? Can = outlook 2003 complete autoomatically my addresses?? Pls, help me! thks, Jane ------=_NextPart_000_0089_01C60228.AFA5B...