Autofilter not working

Hi,

When using AutoFilter in Excel (Data->Autofilter) the spreadsheet freezes
and stops working. This occurs on both small and large spreadsheets.

Any info on how to overcome this is appreciated.

Ahmed

How do I copy my work in Publisher2003 into Word
I would like to know how to copy my Publisher Document into word, I dont want to do anything with it then it is in word but be able to look at it. My work Consists of pictures and text. m <m@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I would like to know how to copy my Publisher Document into word, I > dont want to do anything with it then it is in word but be able to > look at it. My work Consists of pictures and text. Convert to PDF using a free converter such as PrimoPDF from www.primopdf.com, and use Adobe Reader instead. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Micros...

outlook 2000
I have created a rule that does the following checks inbox for any new message with specific text forwards those messages to a specific email address moves those messages from inbox to an existing folder in outlook This seems to work like a champ when I click 'run now' but the rule is not 'triggered' or does not automatically execute when new mail enters inbox. running windows XP professional SP2 Outlook 2000 SP3 Have 'googled' and still don't have any fix Anyone? I have also notced that if the new inbound email is coming via the internet, the rule works...

Autofilter
Is it possible to autofilter a single column within a project? I am using Project 2007. Thanks Larry Larry, I am not sure what you mean by Autofilter a single column. Can you give more detail as to what you are trying to do? "External Update" wrote: > Is it possible to autofilter a single column within a project? I am using > Project 2007. > Thanks > > Larry Hello Larry, Sure. Turn on Autofilters and use the drop-down filter only on the single field. The Autofilter icons will appear at each field heading, but you need not use them...

Paste damages formula in autofilter #3
That doesn't seem to work as the paste sends a #REF into the offset o paste so the formula becomes =IF(OFFSET(#REF!,0,-1)>0,1,0) on the righ which returns the #REF error. Think solution would be easier to solve with a macro executin everytime an update occurs maybe?. There's got be a way to do it cause I have seen a worksheet where i works and I don't believe it is likely it was done with macros. (sidenote, database is a central one used to modify other worksheet using macros. Each of these worksheets uses different sets of filters The data pane on the right records subtotal...

Button suddenly does not work
I got a button worked before, but it did not work recently. I opened the workbook, click the button, the button did not fire any event but only get foucsed (ie, have handles around the button). Is the button from the forms toolbar or the control toolbox? If Forms - double check to make sure it is assigned to a macro. If control toolbox, make sure you are not in design mode (check the control toolbox toolbar and toggle the design button). "Man Utd" wrote: > I got a button worked before, but it did not work recently. > I opened the workbook, click the button, the butto...

Why does a certain truetype font work in Word 2003 and not work i.
I am using Publisher 2003 from the Office 2003 Suite. I have a truetype font installed that will work fine in Word 2003, but not in Publisher 2003. Can someone help? Is it in the correct folder? Which font is it? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "nsumis2005" <nsumis2005@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:342D14E1-8D78-42F5-B64C-872485CC5ADF@microsoft.com... >I am using Publisher 2003 from the Office 2003 Suite. I have a truetype >font > installed that will work fine in Word 2003, but not in Publisher 2003. > Can > someone ...

"TO" auto-complete just stopped working one day....
.....and its never come back. WHY??? How do I get it to auto complete the names again. I havent changed outlook 2002 so whats up? Many thanks, Dom Usually means a corrupt profile. Create a new one. If you have an extensive autocompletion cache that you want to reuse, set that NK2 file to match the name of the new profile. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dom" <Dom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F84684DA-57C2-4B3E-94E6-E2504C4BC203@microsoft.com... > ....and its never come back. > > WHY??? How do I get it to auto complete the names again. I hav...

Validation Criteria of "Custom" fails to work
Additional information: - I'm using Office XP - I'm using Windows XP =========== In Validation / Settings Tab / Validation Criteria / "Allow" Box / Custom: I type in a formula as something like as follows: =day(A2)-today() OR =J3-J1 Even if the cell (where validation applys) is invalid, there is no red circle around. I clicked "formula auditing toolbar | Circle Invalid Data", but it still won't work. Do you know why? How to use "custom" validation criteria? DAY() will return a number between 1 and 31, depending on the day of the month. TODAY() ...

AutoFilter and Frequency Function
I am trying to see if I can create a frequency function that will change as I autofilter different criteria. I have a file with over 15,000 rows returning data on sales opportunities including key fields I want to filter on: organization, product line, geography and status (Won, Lost, Open). In each case I want to see the change in distribution of "days in funnel" whether I am looking at all the data or just one geography or just one product line. It appears that the Frequency function does not recognize the filtered out data and continues to return values for the entire data set....

shortcut on autofilter function
i have many columns of data using the autofilter. is there a shortcut that either returns all the fields to the all function or a shortcut that returns all the data to the page thanks One line of code will do this (maybe put in your Personal.xls): Sub Foo() Activesheet.ShowAllData End Sub Then assign it to a New (Macro) Icon in your toolbar. It will always be available on any sheet that has an autofilter range assigned. HTH "derwood" <darren.irvine@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1132654133.294598.246590@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >i have many columns of data u...

Outlook 2000 Calendar Find won't work
When I try to use the "Find" command in Outlook 2000 Calendar I get a quick list of results then the screen clears to the "no items found" message. The "Find" command works in all other personal folders. Any idea what the problem is? ...

autofilter
hello and good new year i'm on w2k and office 2003 on excel when i do two cols A B 1 =a+1 2 =a+1 etc..... i go to for example 500 and after i make auto filter on A and B if i use autofilter i see Filter mode but if after i do only 10 line and not 500 i have 1 of 500 records found and not 1 of 10. i have two problem : with 500 line i have not the count of record found and if i delete some line i must desable autofilter for have the good count of line thanks for your help Debra Dalgleish as some work arounds at: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.ht...

Windows 7 Outlook 7 Does it work with Outlook Personal Folders Ba
New pc with Windows 7 and Outlook 7 - I am used to using Outlook Personal Folders Backup program on old pc. Like the program. I must keep copies of all emails. It does not work. I downloaded it but when I go to use it - I put the location in - then when I exit the program it tries to do it and says 1 - no file there and 2 - can't create the folder 3 - no path there This is driving me nuts. Yes, this does work. When you choose File-> Backup...-> button Options... does it list all your pst-files then and does it list a valid backup location? -- Robert Sparnaaij...

Autosum with Autofilter
I have a spreadsheet with numerous values in one column and different identifying data in other columns. I can sort the data nicely using autofilter, however, my autosum at the bottom of the values column continues to display the total value of all the rows, not just the ones that I have filtered to view. I need to be able to filter the spreadsheet and to have it autosum only those rows in view on screen. Is this possible? Many thanks Peter Use the SUBTOTAL() function which will work only on filtered rows. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel ...

Tab not working correctly
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I have an iMac that is running Office 2004, in a guest account, the TAB key doesn't go to the default tabs of .5 inches. In any other account it works correctly. Somebody must have found a setting in word that has changed the settings for tabs. For the life of me I have looked and cannot determine where or which one they have changed. I have looked under format, preferences, etc. <br> Anyone have any ideas. Thanks in advance.Don Well, what *does* happen when you press the Tab key? It's also a good...

Help!!!!. Code is not working correctly
Could anyone help me out with these codes. Something is wrong but I can't figure it out. This particular line of code is suppose to have 3 OpenArgs for the form "Invoice by Dates" but only the first two gets included. Me.cmbReviewer.Value is not included DoCmd.OpenForm "Invoice by Dates", acNormal, acWindowNormal, OpenArgs:=Me.txtStartDate.Value & "," & Me.txtEndDate.Value & "," & "," & Me.cmbReviewer.Value This snippet of code is suppose to tell me where the first comma, the 2nd comma and the 3rd comma are in the...

Search not working
Outlook 2003: None of the "find" "look for" boxes work anymore. If I type in an entry and search it keeps searching and never finds anyhting. Any ideas? Mike Does Advanced Find work for you? Also make sure you've got the right folder configured to search in. Note that Microsoft has released a fast search tool as a free addin for Outlook. On the Microsoft download site search for Lookout. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in O...

Help! I have lost one of my important work folders!
I don't know how I did it but I had a sub folder that I thought I had moved and now its not there! I have some very important work emails in it and am desperate for some help. How can I find it and retrieve it back? Thanks ...

SMS Schema extension not working I think
Hello, I am having a weird problem I just extended AD Schema and got the following log ExtADSch.log: <05-25-2005 13:23:22> Modifying Active Directory Schema - with SMS extensions. <05-25-2005 13:23:23> DS Root:CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=com <05-25-2005 13:23:23> Attribute cn=MS-SMS-Site-Code already exists. <05-25-2005 13:23:23> Attribute cn=mS-SMS-Assignment-Site-Code already exists. <05-25-2005 13:23:23> Attribute cn=MS-SMS-Site-Boundaries already exists. <05-25-2005 13:23:23> Attribute cn=MS-SMS-Roaming-Boundaries already exists. <05-...

spell check no longer working
whenever I send an e-mail my spell check says that an error had occurred with spell check and when I send, it says that spell check was halted-do you still want to send. I can't figure out what's going on, it's been doing it for awhile now, but it used to work fine Please help Thank you!!! ...

Autofilter #11
When Autofilter is "on" the column filtered has the down arrow turned blue. I have difficulty seeing blur. Is there a way to change the color to let's say yellow? i dont think there is a way to change the colour of the drop down arrow there is a way to make the arrow visible / invisible. and there is als a function that would colour that cell (column header) for whic autofilter is on. this is from excel help, to make the dropdown arrow invisible. you ca use this to hide all the column headers that currently do not hav autofilter on. Worksheets("Sheet1").Range(&q...

Excel 2002
....I have a large amount of amount to produce multiple charts from, so using Autofilter is a bit of a necessity. Using the Chart Wizard, I can easily select the filtered data range but it doesn't seem possible to select the (filtered) headings as the X-axis (time period). Any ideas or workrounds? Thanks in advance, Amanda when you set up your autofilter range leave the row you want to use for your axis out of the range. "Birmangirl" wrote: > ...I have a large amount of amount to produce multiple charts from, so using > Autofilter is a bit of a necessity. Using the...

Debit Card Pin Pad to work with Vital
I have a situation where I am trying to get a pin pad (Verifone 1000SE) to work with the preferred provider setup in RMS, using a different provider other than the ones Microsoft has specifically written this for. My processor is able to get the credit cards processing fine using the Preferred Provider setup in RMS ver. 2.0. Now they are trying to get the debit card transaction to work. They are using a Verifone Pin Pad 1000SE encrypted to the Vital processing specs. They ring up a sale in RMS, swipe the debit card, but eventually get a message that says the server is unavailable. ...

Automatic Replies to Internet not working
Contrary to the below KB article our automatic replies are not reaching Internet users. Scenario: We have two domains: 1. company.com 2. company.net When any email is sent to user@company.net we need an automated reply sent. We followed http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010347871033.aspx and it works wonderully for internal users, but Internet users do not receive the reply. Any ideas? Internet Recipients Do Not Receive Out-of-Office Message http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323665 instead of allow ooo, you would need to check allow automatic re...

Working with listviews
Hey all, I am really having the worst time trying to figure out the way the listview control works. Basically as a side project I am working on an Address Book, and in it I have a listview control with the obvious columns(First Name, City, State, etc). When the program is closed the data gets saved to a comma delimited file called data.dat. When the program is opened data.dat is automatically read into a string array line by line which is then supposed to add each array element into its appropriate column in the listview. But I cannot get anything to show up on the control ><...