Autofilter list options

I am working with a worksheet that has the autofilter applied.  The list does
not reflect (Blanks) and (no blanks) and there are blank cells.  How do I get
this added to my list ->>>>>Help ASAP Thanks
0
red11 (1)

Maybe the empty cells actually have a space or something in them, or maybe
the (Blanks) and (No blanks) options are at the other end of the drop down
list.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"red1" wrote:

> I am working with a worksheet that has the autofilter applied.  The list does
> not reflect (Blanks) and (no blanks) and there are blank cells.  How do I get
> this added to my list ->>>>>Help ASAP Thanks
0
CLR (807)
1/10/2006 8:12:02 PM
My first suggestion would be to turn off the AutoFilter and reapply.  See if
that clears it up.

Next suggestion, do you have more than 1000 different entries being
filtered?  The AutoFilter will only display up to 1000 unique values.  All
data will still be filtered, but only the first 1000 values will show up on
the list.  In this case, you can Filter for a Custom value.  Select "Equal
to" or "Does Not Equal" and leave the criteria blank.

HTH,
Elkar

"red1" wrote:

> I am working with a worksheet that has the autofilter applied.  The list does
> not reflect (Blanks) and (no blanks) and there are blank cells.  How do I get
> this added to my list ->>>>>Help ASAP Thanks
0
Elkar (111)

envelope list from excel
I have a list of names and addresses in an excel work sheet. How can I generate a label list for a mailing from it? Louis Louis Labels from within Excel alone is a trial and error operation. Best to use Word for the mailmerge operation. For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm And a training tutorial for creating envelopes and labels. http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID...

Autofilter
Is it possible to autofilter a single column within a project? I am using Project 2007. Thanks Larry Larry, I am not sure what you mean by Autofilter a single column. Can you give more detail as to what you are trying to do? "External Update" wrote: > Is it possible to autofilter a single column within a project? I am using > Project 2007. > Thanks > > Larry Hello Larry, Sure. Turn on Autofilters and use the drop-down filter only on the single field. The Autofilter icons will appear at each field heading, but you need not use them...

Create a bar chart from a list?
I have a table, "A1:B10". Col "A" list of names, Col"B" values. How do I create a bar chart that plots the names which only have values? -- Bob "Bob" wrote: > I have a table, "A1:B10". Col "A" list of names, Col"B" values. > How do I create a bar chart that plots the names which only have values? > -- > Bob Have you tried selecting just the cells that have names and values and then going to Insert>chart? You can select multiple cells by holding the CTRl button and the mouse to select. I am not sure ho...

Outlook 2003 Safe/Blocked senders list
Hi, I am working on a custom made spam filtering and I would like to access the Outlook 2003 Safe/Blocked senders list from my application (made in Delphi). Is there a way to do it or it is not opened? Thanks: Peter ...

Paste damages formula in autofilter #3
That doesn't seem to work as the paste sends a #REF into the offset o paste so the formula becomes =IF(OFFSET(#REF!,0,-1)>0,1,0) on the righ which returns the #REF error. Think solution would be easier to solve with a macro executin everytime an update occurs maybe?. There's got be a way to do it cause I have seen a worksheet where i works and I don't believe it is likely it was done with macros. (sidenote, database is a central one used to modify other worksheet using macros. Each of these worksheets uses different sets of filters The data pane on the right records subtotal...

startup options #2
I'm trying to set my startup options and having troubles. As I understand it, I setup all my formatting, toolbars, etc. and save it as a template in my XLSTART folder, saved as 'BOOK.XLT' It's not working. I still get an Euro Toolbar popping up evertime I open Excel. What am I doing wrong? thanks The Euro toolbar is a Add-in I believe Look under Tools>Add-ins and see if it is in the list -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "shank" <shank@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:ugUqTBu1DHA.832@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl....

how do I add numbers in list of columns
entered numbers in columns of excel and want to total them going horizontal and vertical to get grand total for each column. Can you explain how to do this? For e.g. You enter 1-10 in A1-A10 You enter 11-20 in B1-B10 So, in A11, you type SUM(A1:A10) to get Column Grand total and copy it to B11 to get Grand column total for B And, you type SUM(A1:B1) in C1, to get Row Grand Total and copy it to C2 to C10 to get all Row Grand total Hope this helps. "Amadauss" wrote: > entered numbers in columns of excel and want to total them going horizontal > and vertical to get gr...

Price List #3
We have customers with the same prices, except some items. How can I copy an existing pricelist and change only the items with a different price to assign the new pricelist to the customer? -- Toni Go to Price List Utilities On Sep 25, 5:14=A0pm, Toni <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We have customers with the same prices, except some items. How can I copy= an > existing pricelist and change only the items with a different price to as= sign > the new pricelist to the customer? > -- > Toni This was my first step, but Price List Utilities let you copy only i...

Antigen 9 Eval
Hi All, I have the Antigen 9 eval for Exchange 2003 installed. I had configured the anti-spam settings, and everything was working wonderfully. I noticed yesterday that spam filtering was sub-par. I went into the antigen administrator, and saw that all of the anti-spam options were now greyed out, and unavailable for configuration. I also see that the smtp job is no longer there. I've tried searching the documentation, and the MS support site, but have come up with no answers. Does anyone have some ideas for me to try? thanks! ...

shortcut on autofilter function
i have many columns of data using the autofilter. is there a shortcut that either returns all the fields to the all function or a shortcut that returns all the data to the page thanks One line of code will do this (maybe put in your Personal.xls): Sub Foo() Activesheet.ShowAllData End Sub Then assign it to a New (Macro) Icon in your toolbar. It will always be available on any sheet that has an autofilter range assigned. HTH "derwood" <darren.irvine@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1132654133.294598.246590@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >i have many columns of data u...

distribution list #44
I have a user who created a whole bunch of email distribution list which now need to be moved to a separate "contact" folder. How can I choose all the contacts in a distribution list and move them to a contact list as individuals and not a distribution list. Thanks, Raul Rego NJPIES PS using exchange 2003 and Outlook 2007 you'll need to go through the whole list and pick and choose then move them yourself. Now... if you just need the addresses into individual contacts you can save the DL as a text file (or use Send, in internet format to create a text file) and impor...

AutoFilter and Frequency Function
I am trying to see if I can create a frequency function that will change as I autofilter different criteria. I have a file with over 15,000 rows returning data on sales opportunities including key fields I want to filter on: organization, product line, geography and status (Won, Lost, Open). In each case I want to see the change in distribution of "days in funnel" whether I am looking at all the data or just one geography or just one product line. It appears that the Frequency function does not recognize the filtered out data and continues to return values for the entire data set....

How do I enter lists into names?
Hello everybody Currently I am using a named range as a list for the data validation function. To make my sheet more idiot-proof, I'd like to enter the items from the named range directly into the name definition (via Insert-Name-Define or VBA). Is this possible? What syntax do I need to use? Greetings from Switzerland Urs 1st - Insert a tab and label it "Departments", that you can hid later put the data that you want in a column, like this: A1= Creative A2= Marketing A3= HR Just keep going down Columns "A" until you hav...

"Not plotted" option / blank cells in graph
I have a similar problem to "blank cells in graph" already posted by Kirsty, ie. 'Plot empty cells as: Not plotted' option is greyed out. The cells are empty, (no formula). My intention is to extend the formula from week to week (every time the chart will be updated. I'm using a Stacked Area chart - maybe that's the problem? ie. it's not possible to have a Stack Area chart to "stop"? Thanks in advance.... ...

problems with password list
I'm having difficulty with Outlook 2002 and saving email account passwords. Even when I prompt the application to save my passwords, I always have to input the email address again when I open Outlook later. What's going on? For Outlook 2000 or 2002 on Win98, NT, or 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q290684 For Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000: (CW) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q275465 (IMO) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q259416 For all Outlook versions on Windows XP (just ignore the parts that refer ...

My Reports List
In Great Plains 10, I've added 12 reports to the My Reports List on my home page. I can only see 10 of them, but I have a "More..." option at the bottom of the list. When I point the cursor at that "More..." option, the text turns blue and is underlined. When I click on it, though, nothing happens. How do I see the rest of the reports in my list? Thanks in advance! Mary Fetsch On Jul 29, 10:20=A0am, Mary Fetsch <MaryFet...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In Great Plains 10, I've added 12 reports to the My Reports List on my ho= me ...

how to match between two list using letters
Hi, I have two sheets as follows: sheet1 A--------------B 34145 D173abcd 333215 TI242EFG 344233 E0124ABCD Sheet2 A-----------B------------C D-173 abcd ? B-241 efgh ? TI-242 XYZ ? E-0124 STQ ? What I want to do is taking the value from Colum A in sheet1 and put it in column C in sheet 2 using Sheet1 Column B as an indicator. Please note that the Column A in sheet2 has the same data of Column B in sheet1 but there are extra letters and characters. In C1 of sheet2 and copy dow...

list function
I have 10 student names put in from cell a1 to a10 in sheet1, and their age put in from b1 to b10. I created a list of student names by selecting cell a1 to a10. I go to sheet2, cell a1: I created a drop drop list of student name. I want cell b1 in sheet2 to auto pop up the age of whoever I choose from the drop down list in cell a1:sheet2. The age is according to the age entered in sheet1. What is the exact formulas for me to this in cell b1:sheet2 or is this possible at all? =IF(A1="","",VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!$A$1:$B$10,2,0)) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom &q...

Lookup and Reference Lists
Here's the situation. In Sheet1 I have a list of about 1200 items in following format: T0000 ---- AAA 00000 BBB 11111 CCC 22222 T0001 ---- AAA 11111 DDD 33333 and so on. In Sheet2, as follows: T0000 T0500 T0700 AAA BBB CCC DDD T0003 T0100 T0900 T1000 T0350 AAA BBB CCC DDD There are about 300 of these blocks in Sheet2. And my task is to fill out the blank cells under each id numbers in Sheet2 with their corresponding values (if any) in Sheet1. I am fairly new to Excel and don't have a clue as to how to go about this...

Folder File list disappears.......
I have what might be a unique situation, or perhaps one I've just not seen reported in these forums before. I've just re-installed WinXP on my main notebook. Given the number of apps that had to be reinstalled, and the various specialized drivers that were needed, I'm not certain exactly when this problem began, but nonetheless..... Not always, but often, when I double click to open a folder, the folder opens, I can see the file list, but then the folder screen clears. If I leave it as such (and often there seems to be no other option) the files refresh after a ...

List Box Help Please
I have a subform on a main form. I have two list boxes in the sub form. I want List box 2 to update when I choose from list box 1. This is what I currently have. Private.Sub 1st_ListBox_AfrterUpdate() Me.1st_ListBox = "" Me.1st_ListBox.Requery Me.Requery End Sub Private Sub 2nd_ListBox_AfterUpdat() Me.Requery End Sub I would also like my list boxes to have a default of Null. I would appreciate any help as this is not working. Thank you in advance. Please provide a bit more description of what you want to accomplish. "I want Listbox 2 to update" do...

How do I print out a list of the tabs in an Excel workbook?
I have a large workbook that tracks computers for a company I work for, one tab per computer. I would like to print out jsut a list of the tab names as sort of an index file and check list for a physical inventory. Is this possible? thanks This macro will list all the sheet names in order in Column A of the active sheet, starting in A2. Column A must be empty for this to work. HTH Otto Sub ListShtNames() Dim ws as Worksheet For Each ws In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).Value = ws.Name Next ws End Sub "Britom...

autofilter
hello and good new year i'm on w2k and office 2003 on excel when i do two cols A B 1 =a+1 2 =a+1 etc..... i go to for example 500 and after i make auto filter on A and B if i use autofilter i see Filter mode but if after i do only 10 line and not 500 i have 1 of 500 records found and not 1 of 10. i have two problem : with 500 line i have not the count of record found and if i delete some line i must desable autofilter for have the good count of line thanks for your help Debra Dalgleish as some work arounds at: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.ht...

Hyperlink to drop down options
Hi I am working in Excel 2007 & OS is Windows Vista. I want to have a cell displaying text 'Bank Accounts'. When a user click or moves the cursor on this cell, there should a drop-down list of all bank accounts. Each of these drop down should be hyperlinked to a specific cell of a different worksheet. When the user clicks on any of the bank account (from the drop down list), he should be taken to the hyperlinked cell of the different worksheet. All bank account details are on a single worksheet but in different area of the worksheet. Let me know if this is possible. Nikhil ...

Entourage talk list down temporarily
For those that also subscribe to the Entourage talk list..... The list will be down for up to two weeks. Received word from the list mom: > we suffered a major hardware failure (CPU + hard drive) Once new computer arrives and is set up, the list should resume as normal. In case you're wondering what's the difference between this newsgroup and the talk list.... The talk list is via email where the newsgroup is available through your newsreader or through Google's web interface. Users tend to stay with the talk list for long periods of time rather than visit for just help wit...