Autofill Worksheets

Is there a way in Excel 2000 to rename the first two
worksheets and then use an autofill type feature to add
more worksheets with a series of names? For example, name
one worksheet January, the next one February, then insert
new worksheets that would be automatically named the
consecutive months.

Bonnie

0
anonymous (74722)

Hi Bonnie

i would probably approach it this way,
choose tools / options / general
change "sheets in a new workbook" to 12
open a new workbook - it will have 12 sheets
then run the following code

----
Sub namesheets()
    Dim i As Date
   i = DateValue("5-Jan-2005")
    For Each ws In Worksheets
        ws.Name = Format(i, "mmm")
        i = i + 30
    Next
End Sub
----
to use the code, right mouse click on a sheet tab, choose view code, in the
VBE window choose insert / module from the menu - copy & paste the code in
there, use ALT & F11 to switch back to your workbook and then choose tools /
macro / macros, find the namesheets macro and run it.

alternatively you can check out the following web page - it's an example to
create sheets based on a list

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sheets.htm

Cheers

JulieD

"Bonnie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way in Excel 2000 to rename the first two
> worksheets and then use an autofill type feature to add
> more worksheets with a series of names? For example, name
> one worksheet January, the next one February, then insert
> new worksheets that would be automatically named the
> consecutive months.
>
> Bonnie

0
JulieD1 (2295)

Worksheet Headers/Footers
I often have 2 or 3 diff options on estimates. I do this on separate sheets in the same workbook by copying estimate 1 and making the changes. How do I get the same header on all the work sheets without having to retype every time? Thanks. Karin One way...when you open a workbook. Select all the sheets (Click on far left, hold down shift and click far right). Type the Headers/Footers and the Header/Footer will be the same on each sheet. Don't forget to un-group. Right click a tab and select un-group. Anything entered on grouped sheets happens on all those selected. If you want ...

Autofill Formulas
Hello. I have a workbook with 31 sheets of data. Each sheet is a form with a record of data. I would like extract the data into a list. For example, range A5 is the same field on each sheet, so I want to autofill a formula reference the same cell on different sheets. I suspect I need a macro for this, but wanted to make sure first. Can you autofill like this =Sheet1!$A$5, =Sheet2!$A$5, =Sheet3!$A$5? -- Thanks, Mike =INDIRECT("Sheet" & (ROW()) & "!A5") Entered in A1 of new sheet. Copy down to A31............will increment the Sheet numbe...

how to i control autofill
Hello, Suppose I enter a formula in cell B2 and I want this formula to autofill down to cell B55000. If I click and drag down to cell B55000, there are two problems: it takes too long to scroll all the way down to cell B55000, and by the time i actually get there the scroll speed is so fast that i usually pass the cell. Is there a way to autofill a formula so that I don't have to do it by manually dragging the formula down to cell B55000? Thanks, Joe -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Hi two options that i know of: 1) if there is data in column A down to A55000 (or co...

How? compare two worksheets and identify rows of data that appear on both.
Ok, Suppose I have 2 worksheets. Sheet 1 has 1000 lines of data spanning xNumber of columns. Sheet 2 has 500 lines of data, also spanning the same number of columns. An unknown number of identical lines of data appear on both sheets. How can I get to a point where I can build one worksheet that is a composite of both sheets - such that no identical line of data appears twice on the final sheet? Thanks in advance, Simon. You could do this several ways. It really depends on your data integrity and what sort of data it is. -- Use a VLOOKUP OR INDEX/MATCH formula to compare the 500 row...

Print Worksheet Contents
is there a way to print the contents of a worksheet? Say I change the prices of 20 items and I want to print new shelf labels. Or I want to notify my remote stores of those price changes. After your worksheet has issued (and maybe before) - you can open it, go to Contents tab> right Click> Copy As Table> OK (on copied to clipboard)> Open Excel or similar> Paste. Unfortunately - there is not an import function on the label wizard. You can however filter the wizard for the Last Updated date. -- Jocelyn "Amy" wrote: > is there a way to print the content...

command line switch to open a specific worksheet?
Is there a way to open a specific worksheet in a workbook using command line switches? I'm trying to create a menu selection in AutoCAD that will open an Excel workbook to a specific worksheet inside of that workbook. Typing the command "start" <CR> followed by "Excel /filename/" <CR> will open that particular file, but how do I get it to open to a specific worksheet? Thanks for any help, Paul There's no command line switch that will activate a worksheet. You have to do one of the following: -Save the workbook with the desired sheet active. Exc...

Pivot Autofilering Items
Dear All, I'd like to see only the valid items on the drop down list on the "Page Field" area . An example. Source Data: Model - Color - Full Optional - Qty FIAT BLU YES 10 OPEL GREEN NO 12 BMW RED NO 14 In the Page field I put the Model, Color and Full Optional field. When I filter the item FIAT on the field Model and then I want to filter the Color field, I'd like see only the color regarding the FIAT model (BLU), bu...

Way to make non-selectable worksheet?
I have a spreadsheet with 4 form buttons on it that will run different macros. Is there any way to make it so the user can't click on any part of the worksheet except for the buttons? I don't want a message to pop up, I just want Excel to ignore if the user tries to click on anything except the buttons. Thanks! Botman, A couple of possibilities: You could protect the sheet (Tools - Protection - Protect Sheet. You'll want no locked cells (Format - Cells - Protection - Locked). In Excel 2002, you can specify that locked cells cannot be selected. Can't do that in XL97...

Autofill on addressing
Trying to set up Outlook on new PC as I had it on old one where e mail address is automatically offered when part of a name is inserted, but no luck in finding it. Trevor Appleton <trevor@weather.4dinternet.co.uk> wrote: > Trying to set up Outlook on new PC as I had it on old one where e mail > address is automatically offered when part of a name is inserted, but > no luck in finding it. What version of Outlook? For OL 2003, it's Tools>Options>E-mail Options>Advanced E-mail Options: Suggest names while completing To, Cc, and Bcc fields. -- Brian Tillman ...

Change worksheet radian default
Is there an easy way to change the worksheet radian default to degrees so that I don�t have to use the 180/PI or PI/180 or the degrees function. The following is a formula to derive the Log Haversine of the number 30, Log((1-Cos(30*PI()/180)))/2)+10 and the following is to derive the number 30 from the Log Haversine, (Acos(1-(10^((D18-10))*2))*180/PI())/24 D18 being the cell with the log haversine. Surely there is an easier way to get a log haversine than this. Any help will be most appreciated. Scrungie. -- Scrungie ----------------------------------------------------------...

Hidden worksheet problem
Hello, I have a workbook in which one worksheet is hidden. (I know that because some formulae refer to values of cells in a worksheet that cannot be seen.) However, when I tried unhiding the worksheet by clicking format -- worksheet, both the "hiding worksheet" and "unhiding worksheet" menu items are dimmed. What else can I do to unhide the worksheet? Hi could be that this sheet was hidden with VBA (using xlsheetveryhidden). Try the following code in VBA sub unhide_all() dim wks as worksheet for each wks in worksheets wks.visible=true next end sub -- Regards Fran...

better search: "make worksheet visible"
How come, I enter "make worksheet visible" and I can't find any relevant information?? It should be pretty straightforward to figure out what I am asking about and how to do it. Moreover, if I put the words in quotes, many search engines assume I look for the phrase, not the words separately. So how come I still get many irrelevant results? Either the search doesn't work right, or the information it is searching is not well organized and complete, or both. Hi Christo, Some search engines respond to 'How do I ..? " type interrogation; others respond (better) ...

Ranking within a Filtered Worksheet
Anyone know if you can rank filtered data in Excel? I want to filter out some rows and rank the rest but the hidden data seems to be screwing up the ranking. Essentially, the worksheet has three sets of data that I would like to rank separately. Thanks, Ralph Noble You can add columns to your table, to calculate the rank. For example, to rank an item in column G, with data starting in row 2: --In cell H1, add the heading RankAmt1 --In cell H2, enter the following formula: =SUBTOTAL(9,G2) --In cell I1, add the heading Rank1 --In cell I2, enter the following formula: =RANK(H2,$H$2:$H$400) ...

Autofill
When entering data into fields that verify against a database, such as vendor IDs, accounts, checkbook names, and so forth, have the program suggest a logical selection, much like Excel does with its autofill feature. AutoComplete functionality was added in v8.0 of Great Plains and remembers the Key field values that you use. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com Any views contained within are my personal views and no...

Autofill hyperlinks
Can you tell me how to autofill a hyperlink formula so that both the file path and the friendly name change incrementally? I'm using the hyperlink function, and need to copy it down so that the file name changes (dec 8.pdf, dec 9.pdf...) and the friendly name also changes (Dec 8, Dec 9...) The formula I am using is: =HYPERLINK("g:\public\DP\dec 7.pdf","Dec 7") Thank you! Try this: =3DHYPERLINK("g:\public\DP\dec "&ROW(A7)&".pdf","Dec "&ROW(A7)) ROW(A7) will return 7, and so will be equivalent to what y...

How do I cycle through all of the worksheets
I need to check all of the worksheets to collect and sum contents. Is there a with method or something along those lines? WITH worksheets if a = b then Total = a1 + a1 end if end with For Each sh In Activeworkbook.Worksheets If Range("A1").Value = Range("B1").Value Then myTotal = myTotal + Range("A1").Value End If Next sh -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "DMB" <DMB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA738621-1A68-471B-8611-82C4B91345BB@microsoft.com... > ...

Find and TRansfer from another Tab in same Worksheet
Hi, I have a worksheet in which contact information (names/add/postcode etc) are stored in a secondary tab. I need to update the information onto the first (main) tab. Is there a way I can put a postcode into the postcode column and for it to search the secondary tab, match the postcode there and transfer full contact information to the main sheet? Thanks in advance. David If you have one simply use a macro using FIND. If many, use data>filter>autofilter>filter for you desire>copy>paste. Record a macro while doing and clean it up. -- Don Guillett Micro...

values/formats in a cell get randomly replaced in some worksheets
values/formats in a cell get randomly replaced in some worksheets with values/formats from some of the drop down menu lists. Unprotected cell values are getting changed after some time, may be hours or days , from drop down lists. Excel sheet files are quite big, like 4/5 mb, having big data and near to 4000 formats. ...

Autofill ID fields
I am using Microsoft Access 2002 SP3. I have one main table named Issues and several supporting tables all related on the ID field. The Issues table ID field has an Autonumber to populate the field when a new record is created. What I would like to accomplish is to have the supporting table’s auto fill the ID field using the last ID created in the Issues table. On my Issues form I have a combo box that depending on the selection will open the corresponding form to the particular table. When the form opens I want the Issues form to close and the ID field to auto fill with the la...

autofill?
ok i have a File.. preety big that has tabs like these on the bottom .. Z1, Z2, Z3, Z4.. all the way too Z979 Now i have a summary sheet in the Fron where i have this in the cell: =Z1!A1 =Z2!A1 =Z3!A1 ... now is there a way i can auto fill this all way down.. someone pleas help.. i need to get this done than -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I don't think you want sheet name that could be confused by Excel as cell addresses or defined range names. You can rename your sheets to anyname that you want to use and you build a table of contents at front, see http://www...

Need Help linking worksheets
I recently took a part-time job as bookkeeper for an organization where I need to be able to print a report on demand of current finances. I have a workbook with 3 sheets. The first one is the General Ledger Report, 2nd, receipts, and 3rd, lists the disbursements. My general ledger is: Begin. Bal. plus Receipts minus Disburs, plus or minus transfers =ending balance. The Ledger is listed by categories while the other two sheets are entered by the date each action occurs. Although I have used Excel for some time, I have only dealt with the simpler formulas and have never linked sheets ...

double worksheets?
A co-worker was working in a regularly-used workbook. Suddenly a second, seemingly identical workbook opened; the two were named *.xls:1 and *.xls:2 respectively. A week ago, a similar situation happened with the same workbook, except the duplication occured upon opening, rather than after it was already open. At that time, when we closed one of the "versions" the colon-number additional extention disappeared. But after closing the remaining document and reopening, the duplication appeared again upon opening. Can anyone tell us what this means? Did she accidentally hit a comman...

Excel worksheets
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C50BB4.C0EEEE30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How do I copy one excel worksheet and into another worksheet to make it = 1 worksheet? ------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C50BB4.C0EEEE30 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = chars...

Autofill
I'm having a problem with autofill. I can drag and drop but when I want to see the options, before I can mouse over to the options box, the box vanishes as soon I've moved off the initial cell that was copied. I'm not fast enough to get to the options, so it would be good if someone could tell me how to keep the options box available. The Auto Fill Option button is displayed after you select the AutoFill option in the Series dialog box. To show the Series dialog box, use one of the following procedures In Microsoft Office Excel 2007, click the Home tab, and then cl...

How do I delete one worksheet from a different one?
I am trying to take all the entries from one worksheet and delete them from another sheet if they are listed. The master file is over 56,000 rows and I want to know if there is a faster way to find these rows in the master and delete each one. Can anybody help me with this??? Mandy: On the sheet with items that you want deleted from the larger sheet, type a "Y" or "delete" in the first blank cell to right of the item and copy it down the list. Go to the larger sheet and click on the first blank cell to the right of its first item. Put in a VLOOKUP formula referri...