AutoCorrect #2

Can 'AutoCorrect' listings be transported from an old computer to a new one? I have hundreds of 'auto-corrections' that would take me all day to redo. Copying the dictionary does not seem to do it.

Robert, it is stored as a .ACL file ,do a search for *.acl and copy it to
the new computer
--
Paul B
Using Excel 97 & 2000

"robert gerald" <robertbanks@sunriselandscape.com> wrote in message
> Can 'AutoCorrect' listings be transported from an old computer to a new
one? I have hundreds of 'auto-corrections' that would take me all day to
redo. Copying the dictionary does not seem to do it.

0
pbridgesnews (182)

Temporary formatting??? #2
Hi I am using a database in Notes. Now while i realize that lotus is th devil, and that it is worlds apart from excel, I am better than averag at excel and often the solutions to problems in excel lead me to th solutions in lotus. so this question I have to update the aforementioned database quite often, and wa wondering if there is a condition format which is applied to =DATE + 3 (or something to that extent) IOW, I input the new information, and it stays the formatted color fo 30 days then changes to the default text settings or drops the formul away entirely any leads will be greatly apprec...

Star TSP100 #2
I installed a Star TSP 100 using window drivers. The cash drawer will not open. Does anyone know how to get the door to kick. The reason I did not use OPOS is that I heard that printer will fail if OPOS drivers are used. -- billr Go into the star setup in the printers screen and check cash drawer. "billr3" <billr3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A409453-579B-40C5-85FC-506D5E4F6D37@microsoft.com... >I installed a Star TSP 100 using window drivers. The cash drawer will not > open. Does anyone know how to get the door to kick. The reason I did not &...

comments in a cell #2
HYCH, Just a question? is there any way of using some vba that will add coments to a cell and have the comment box appear as it does if i add my own comments manually, would like the comment hidden until the cell is selected and then have it show up! obviously i know this happens when you manually process comments, but i would like the comment box to appear and display values that are in another worksheet within the same workbook. hope that makes sense. Steve Steve wrote: > > HYCH, > > Just a question? > > is there any way of using some vba that will add coments t...

XmlDocument #2
Hi, I am using the XmlDocument class in my program. I fount there are no methods like GetAttributesByName or GetTagsByName, so I had to write my own (not very hard). I am a bit surprised that methods like (frequently needed) this do not exist. As I do not have much expirience I wonder if this is the case or I am just missing something. Thank you Please disregard it. I found what I was looking for "Z" wrote: > Hi, > > I am using the XmlDocument class in my program. > I fount there are no methods like GetAttributesByName or GetTagsByName, so I > had to write ...

Variable rate loan amortization template #2
Anyone know a good loan amortization spreadsheet for variable rate loan with adjustment of interest rate every 6 months? ...

Should I upgrade? #2
I am using MS$ 2001. My boss told me to find out if it is necessary to upgrade to a current version (I see 2005 will be out soon). Besides the fact that MS doesn't support the older versions, and this seems to be working fine, is there any reason I would want to upgrade? Someone mentioned that 2004 has a built in timer that disables the ability to download statements after a period of two years. Sounds like that forces people to upgrade. Is that correct? How simple will it be to upgrade from 2001 to 2005, and is that one of the reasons to upgrade every so often? I've been...

Would you stop for a moment?! #2
Excuse me!! Would you stop for a moment?! O...man...Haven't you thought-one day- about yourself ? Who has made it? Have you seen a design which hasn't a designer ?! Have you seen a wonderful,delicate work without a worker ?! It's you and the whole universe!.. Who has made them all ?!! You know who ?.. It's "ALLAH",prise be to him. Just think for a moment. How are you going to be after death ?! Can you believe that this exact system of the universe and all of these great creation will end in in nothing...just after death! Have you thought, for a second, How to save you...

Autocorrect
I recall that previous versions of Access were smart enough to capitalize the first letter of each sentence when adding information to a memo field but Access 2007 is incapable of this. Is it possible to accomplish this task in an easy manner. Some of you may suggest using "Autocorrect" but it just don't work. Try adding text in a memo field and you will see. Type a work and end with a period. Begin a new sentence and as soon as you press the space bar the previous word will be capitalized. Again, any suggestions how to do this? I tried and what i see is that only the fir...

problem with formula #2
I have one column with increasing standard time (hr:min:sec). I put a formula in the first cell of the first row of a second column to convert the same cell of the first column to a value of decimel based upon minutes. The result is correct in the first cell of the first line (row) where the the formula was placed in the second column, but when I copy the formula throughout the rows of the second column, the results shown are always the answer for the first line - even though when I klick on the cell the formula in the lower rows/cells shows it referring to the correct later time ...

Extended Selection #2
I have a computer that every Excel worksheet acts as if Extended Selection is one. Once I click a cell it begins highlighting as I move around and I can't get it to stop unless I close the program down. I have pressed F8 and can turn the EXT on the status bar on and off but either way it does not work. It only happens on one machine and if the file is brought up on another computer it works fine. Is there a computer setting that effects extended selection? D. McRitchies has written about this http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt Regards, Peo Sjoblom "cdcrbode&q...

Switching views : season 2
Hi, In my SDI application I have defined a CBaseFrame deriving from CFrameWnd and that allow me to switch between view dynamically created.Here is the code I suse //CREATE_ONCE means view is create once and never deleted when switching //CREATE_AND_DESTROY means views are deleted/recreated on switch CBaseFrame::stViewInfo CBaseFrame::m_ViewInfo[] = { { IDD_MAIN_FORM, CBaseFrame::CREATE_ONCE, AFX_IDW_PANE_FIRST + 0, NULL }, { IDD_WELCOME_DLG, CBaseFrame::CREATE_AND_DESTROY, AFX_IDW_PANE_FIRST + 1, NULL }, { IDD_WIZZARD_DLG, CBaseFrame::CREATE_AND_DESTROY, AFX_IDW_PANE_FIRST + 2, N...

Autocorrection bug in PowerPoint
Using PowerPoint for Mac v.10.1.5 Swedish on iMac OS 10.3 - Whenever I write letters "f�" (f plus scandinavian letter o with two dots above) autocorrection adds a dot behind each letter - also when I type a space behind the last letter. I can't change it where I normally change or add autocorrections. - The problem does not appear in MS Word. - Suggestions anybody? ...

Signature #2
I have created & saved a logo as a jpg. for an automatic email signature. I can send email once or twice, but then the logo disapears from the new email, as well as from the signature box where the logo was originally copied to. Seems to last about 10 minutes. Suggestions? ...

Spreadsheets have to be open twice to view #2
Every spreadsheet that I double-click to open only opens Excel, but the background is gray. From here I have to open the spreadsheet from within Excel. Is there a global option that can correct this? ...

Pivot #2
Hello All, Some sort of excel glitch here. I have a pivot and a dataset. The pivot shows the item selected but the data is not shown. And when I select only that particular item its all zeros. I checked my data set and its there. Do I have to redo the pivot. I actually just pasted fresh data over the existing pivot and refreshed it . All other data is coming except only one of them. Is this a bug ? any help would be appreciated . thanks Saurabh Saurabh, Sounds like you pasted text values over your number values. Try entering 1 into a blank cell, copying that cell, then selecting the da...

Command Buttons Dont Work In Dialog Box If Placed Infront Of A Picture Or Drawing Box #2
SeaparkJohn Thanks for you reply. No.....The menu is made up using a dialog sheet rather than a use form I have not yet explored the use of user forms. Are they easier to use, and do the buttons get assigned to macros? I dont want to have to write them all again. Thanks for your help. Celtic_Avenge -- Celtic_Avenge ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Celtic_Avenger's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1410 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26799 ...

Can one save Autocorrect settings?
I have had the need to reformat my hard disk several times, and reinstall Office. Every time I do that I loose my Autocorrect settings! Is there a way to save - say to a floppy - my settings so I don't have to try to remember what terms I used before? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Dana DeLouis wrote a couple of macros to transfer AutoCorrect entries. The first one dumps them onto a worksheet. You can check them there. Copy the workbook to the...

Combining a 2-D column graph and a 2-D line graph on the same char
I would like to show a 2-D column graph and a 2-D line graph on the same chart. The independent variable on the X-axis (name of employee) is the same for both graphs. The dependent variables on the y-axis are different: (1) years of experience (column graph), (2) cumulative years of experience (line graph). I need to use two different scales for the y-axis to make both graphs visible, as the year of experience of the employees ranges between 1 and 40 years and the cumulative years of experience ranges between 1 and 1500 years. The input data for the graphs are listed in three co...

2 NIC cards
Hi I have SBS 2008 with 2 nics. When I configure it for Teaming that 2 nic will shown as one, the internet configuration failed, it cannot see the ip of the nic and the ip of the router. If I configure it as one nic its ok. The server is HP Proliant ML350 G6. Any idea? Than'x Shay __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4901 (20100227) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com Hi Shay: You will have to drop off the second nic to run the wizards. Drop off as in ...

unexpected error #2
hi, i have an issue with outlook.this is only with a specific mail in the draft.whenever i am trying to send that mail in the draft,it says unexpected occur has occured.help me out ....... ...

0x800CCCF4 #2
pal <pal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> http://www.google.com/search?q=0x800CCCF4 -- Brian Tillman ...

Email #2
How do i forward email to anouther account so i can get email at home? Hi you're probably in the wrong forum :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany russ wrote: > How do i forward email to anouther account so i can get > email at home? click the forward button or Message Forward or Ctrl + F "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote in message news:u9Thl1zTEHA.1036@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... : Hi : you're probably in the wrong forum :-) : : -- : Regards : Frank Kabel : Frankfurt, Germany : : : russ wrote: : > How do i forward email to anouther ac...

Publisher problems #2
When I open publisher (2000) everything is pink and green, even files I've already made. Can anyone help? I've used this program on my computer for 4 years with no problems. MM wrote: > When I open publisher (2000) everything is pink and green, > even files I've already made. Can anyone help? I've used > this program on my computer for 4 years with no problems. Doesn't anyone know how to search anymore?! http://groups.google.com. This is an FAQ. Unfortunately we've become a "quick fix" society. No one wants to try the help file, search the w...

autocorrect
where is autocorrect located on thewhere computer? In Publisher it is located in the Tools menu. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "computer knowledge" <computer knowledge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA926395-7256-4C25-86B6-5693B38D67F2@microsoft.com... > where is autocorrect located on thewhere computer? ...

Data Labels on Clustered Column w/ 3D Visual effect #2
Clustered Columns can have Alignment as "Inside End" This doesn't seem possible with 3D Visual effect Is there a way to resolve this? Yes, use 2D charts. They provide a better representation of the values being plotted without the implied false third dimension. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ emwashburn wrote: > Clustered Columns can have Alignment as "Inside End" > > This doesn't seem possible with 3D Visual effect > > Is there a way to ...