auto sum function

I just realized my final sum changes if I use the "sort
ascending" function.....

How do I fix this ?

thank u
0
anonymous (74717)

Hi
where is your sum formula located?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

> I just realized my final sum changes if I use the "sort
> ascending" function.....
>
> How do I fix this ?
>
> thank u
0
frank.kabel (11126)
9/6/2004 10:37:36 AM
Down a colum

But also, i just found out info changes on each lines when
i use the "sort ascending" tool...

0
anonymous (74717)
9/6/2004 11:22:35 AM
Anytime you sort - you need to make sure you are sorting the proper range.
Say you have a table with headers on Row 2 starting in column D thru column
J.
Your data is in cells D3:J20;  Row 21 in columns H, I, and J has
=sum(h3:h20)...
Before performing a sort - click anywhere INSIDE the table (click on any
cell containing
your data - Excel guesses at the "table-range capable of being sorted" and
often times you can go ahead and proceed,  but I prefer to not leave
"things" open to chance, so I
instruct or tell Excel what my range is (and in your case example above - by
performing  the following...)  Click on D2 and drag the mouse over to column
J then down to Row 20 highlighting D2:J20 or making it the current
selection;
Then go to the menu select Data, sort - look carefully at the settings excel
has automatically assigned (this is your job!!) - note that the button at
the bottom "header-row" is checked..
Perform the sort.
Everything ***all your data*** should  stay together/intact only sorted as
you wanted;
even the sums should be fine as they were "omitted" from the sort..
HTH
Jim May

> Down a colum
>
> But also, i just found out info changes on each lines when
> i use the "sort ascending" tool...

0
jmay (696)
9/6/2004 12:19:48 PM
Nothing changes, can't I just tell Excell to remember each
cells/line it has included when I clicked on "sum". In my
sheet, each row has 3 different prices and my final totals
change if I use the tool "sort ascending" ?

0
anonymous (74717)

Which function to use?
I need help! I loaned someone money to someone a variety of times between '82 and '85. The interest rate was fixed at the time. From then till now some of the money has been repaid, but only a few times over the full period. Which function would help me know the present value of the loan including interest and the amounts already returned, as well as the balance at the end of each year? Any help would be greatly appreciated. FG "forevergrateful" <forevergrateful@yifan.net> wrote... >I loaned someone money to someone a variety of times between '82 and &#...

Auto Filter problem

Sum based on multiple conditions
I have Column A with a "stage" in it that will range from 1 - 8 I have column B with a "close date" in it that could be any date I have column C with a value in it. I need the sum of the values in C that have Close dates in any given range (ex. 10/1/2004 through 10/31/2004), that are in any given sales stage. I tried using SUMIF which seems to only work with 1 condition...so I can do =SUMIF(AA,1,CC) and it will give me the sum of the values that are in stage 1. SUMIF doesn't appear to work with ranges or multiple conditions though. =SUMPRODUCT((C1:C100>="...

Auto-Editing

logging enabled function
i want to identify / fix any sync issues between outllook 2003 and exchange (in sbs2003). I'm not sure what the difference is between ost integrity check tool and the enable logging feature in outlook. Could someone please explain the difference? And where is the enable logging log file kept? Outlook logging is for diagnostic purposes. For diagnostic purposes, Outlook contains an option that turns on the logging of certain Outlook features, including the following with the release of Outlook 2003: Calendar modifications Free/busy time (free/busy time: In Calendar, time status and u...

Auto-Calculate

Function does not work
I the below function behind a field in a form in Access 2003 - but I can't seem to get it to work. The function fires on the Save Event, but then errors on the OpenDatabase(....) - I have checked the name of the database and that is fine. Any thoughts? Thanks for your time. Private Function DischargeDateUpdated() 'Create variables Dim dbMyDB As Database Dim rsMyRS As recordSet Set dbMyDB = OpenDatabase("MST_Referral_Tracking.mdb") 'Debug only MsgBox "dbopen", vbOKOnly Set rsMyRS = dbMyDB.OpenRecordset("FollowUp", d...

auto copy self

Auto correct or Auto complete

SAVE function
Can you put a date on the sheet and only have it change automatically if the file is saved? if so please indicate exactly how. thanks Hi use the following UDF (only on workbook level): Function DocProps(prop As String) application.volatile On Error GoTo err_value DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties _ (prop) Exit Function err_value: DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue) End Function and enter in a cell =DOCPROPS("last save time") (format cell as date) for more about UDFs see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Regards Frank Kab...

OWA auto login

Import/Export Functionality
Hi! This relates to Outlook 2000.... I run the Import/Export function regularly, but find it annoying that it does not remember the options I selected last time I ran it. It does remember the filename I exported to, but in the first two dialogs I have to click or scroll and click to get to my preferred selection. Is there any way to get it to pre-select my preference? (I don't mind editing the Registry if that is neccessary!) TIA, JohnK (Posted again as no repsonse previously) No such setting that I know of. Nor would I recommend using that function as often as you are unless you ar...

Auto look through subfolders

Count Only Weekday in the DateDiff Function
Hello, I have a report where the following function counts the interval of days between two dates. This is one of the actual formulas being used: =DateDiff("d",[to_plm],[from_plm]) Now, I need to adjust this syntex so that only the weekdays, workdays, are counted. Please help! -- phm http://lmgtfy.com/?q=access+work+day+function -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "phm" wrote: > Hello, > I have a report where the following function counts the interval of days > between two dates. This is one of the actual formulas being used: &...

Auto date

Macro to turn on "Track Changes" function
I'm trying to create a macro that turns on the "Track Changes" function with a shortcut key. The problem is that while I'm recording the macro the traditional way, the recording process stops when the "Track Changes" function is turned on. Is there a way to overcome this problem or is the "Track Changes" function not possible to put into a macro, even in Visual Basic? ...

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Auto-Alphabetize

How do I auto-reply incoming eMails ?
During my holidays I want to inform the sender of incoming eMails that I am currently not in office. How can I setup an auto-reply note? Do I setup this in my Outlook 2003 or in the Exchange Server? Joe If you connect to an Exchange server at work, use the Out of Office function (under tools). It will reply once to each sender that you are out of the office. By default in Exchange, auto-replies to the internet are turned off so only internal addresses would receive the Out of Office reply but verify with your Exchange Admin how they have the server configured. If you have a POP3 acc...

Out of the box functionality?
Hello. Every CRM allows for the business scenario of selling goods or one-time services: Customer orders some items we offer, pays for them, we deliver the goods, and the business case is over. But we need to support another business scenario - providing periodically charged services: Customer orders a service, and monthly or annually pays for it. During the lifetime of the ordered service, the customer can change parameters of the service - which may influence the hight of regular payment. Business cases can last for years in this scenario, and till they end, invoices need to be generated, ...

Date Add Function on Forms
I'm using access to help with workflow operations. I have a date field called "Fom 16 Signed" which is self explanatory. I then have a field called "Form 17 Due" This is due within 7 days of the above Form 16 being signed, so in access I want to create a date based on the date in an exiting field + 7 days. Dead easy in excel, but cant get round it in access. In the default value I have typed; DateAdd("d","7","[Date Form 16 Signed]") but keep getting syntax errors. I'm at my wits end, until somone mentioned these forums, so ...

Functions to = a total field
I am having trouble getting a total field, This is how I am setting it up AmountRecieved - AmountSpent = TotalSpent, what am I doing wrong, or rather what do I need to do and what view do I do it in? On Fri, 7 May 2010 09:13:01 -0700, Leatherplus <Leatherplus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am having trouble getting a total field, This is how I am setting it up >AmountRecieved - AmountSpent = TotalSpent, what am I doing wrong, or rather >what do I need to do and what view do I do it in? What's the context? In a Query you would put TotalSpent: [Amou...

Auto change of Row number within Formulas
Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do the following Cell Resul A1 B1 1 A simple formula would be - sum(c(a1):c(b1)), where the result in this case would be the sum of cells c5:c10. Many thanks, Gle Hi Glen, Look at the INDIRECT() function in HELP -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "millarg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02302493-2C51-4CB9-9463-06523884BBD6@microsoft.com... > Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do ...