Auto Start

This is a mix between excel and access.  I want to run a
macro automatically when I start Excel from access. I am
uning the RUNAPP cmd from a macro in access. I don't want
the macro to run automatically any other time. Can I put a
macro name in the cmd line in access where I put the cmd
to start excel.

Tks
Gerry
0
anonymous (74721)

Auto suggest
One of the features i like from Open Office, is the auto-suggest / auto-complete word as you type. Say for example i type accommo the program will show accommodation as an option and i just hit enter to make the choice accepted. Can Word do this too? It could through Word2003, and it's been reported that the feature was restored in Word2010. Although if you've already gotten as far as "accommo," that particular AutoCorrect doesn't do you much good, since in that word it's the number of c's and m's that's tricky, and how would it know wheth...

Auto sort in real time
Is it possible to auto sort data so that changes update themselves i real time without using VBA. I have sorted a column of data in decending order but when I change value in that column it does not update its self and re-arrange th order of values automatically. Can I make it do that for me? I know ho to create a macro that will re-apply the sort but a realtim re-arrangement of data (like in Access) would be much better. Ca anyone help me? Many thanks Bernard Jordan - Liverpool U -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Bernard, If you've already written the VBA, try putting...

Create a smart textbox that display a list as you start typing in
Hi All, Is it possible to start displaying items once I start typing in a textbox? For eg, I have a userform connected to access database, Once I start typing in Name text box it displays the result below (something like google search) SO if I type in "A" i get all the names starting with "A" such as: Name: [ A.... ] Aaron Aber Acron If I type in a number, "2" I get the list of phone numbers starting with 2 and so on. Can this be done in VBA? Hope I made it clear. Thanks in Advance Yes it i...

auto comlete a row of data
in exel say for instance g1 is a lisence plate number (variable) how can i get A1-f1 to be filled with spesific data dedicated to each licence number You could use a lookup table and VLookup formulas or a macro. More info OR If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line 3. You send a clear explanation of what you want 4. You send before/after examples and expected results. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Soft...

Auto receive
How can I receive messages automatically when opening OE 2003 rather than clicking on the Send/Receive? I have set auto receive every 15 minutes, but it should still do it automatically when opening OE There is no such beast as OE 2003. Are you using Outlook or Outlook Express? If Outlook, tools->Send/receive->set an automatic polling interval. If Outlook Express, this newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x mi...

Auto name completion and .NK2 file
Hello all, I was helping a friend troubleshoot why her Auto name completion and name checking (in OL 2002) suddenly quit working. I verified all the appropriate settings. Then I checked into the .NK2 issue as suggested by the Microsoft website. She didn't have one but in my quest to discover her problem I discovered I don't have a .NK2 file either but by name completion and checking work just fine. I have "show hidden files" checked but an automatic and manual search come up empty. Any ideas?!?! Thanks. What OS are you using? Did you look for it in the right folder?...

Publisher 2007 Getting Started
I attended the Las Vegas Launch program yesterday and have successfully downloaded and installed Microsoft Office Professional 2007. Thank you Microsoft! When I open Publisher 2007, I get the page "Getting Started with Microsoft Office Publisher 2007." I simply want to open to a blank one-page document, and I'll open the document that I want. How to change? Not sure which task pane is opening for you. Tools, options, general tab, clear "Show Publication types when starting Publisher." If it is the task pane that is on the screen when you open Publisher, righ...

auto populate gl account
How can I set a GL code for the PURCH type in the Payables transaction entry using VBA. There are some credit memos we process and we want the default Purch GL account to be automatically set to a predefined GL account. This will apply to only "some" credit memos. A new field (checkbox) has been created on the payables form, when the user checks this field I want to set a predefined gl acount to PURCH TYPE. Thanks nfp, Option 1: You may need to use Continuum API to get and check for account type from distribution combobox and fill the account number only when the type...

So many Auto MS Updates lately
All the updates being downloaded recently (past 3 days) is screwing up my computer. Any suggestions about what we can not download??? Thank you, in advance. "~*Laughingstar*~" <tiredofthis@nospam.att.com> wrote in message news:OesYpMWPLHA.6052@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > All the updates being downloaded recently (past 3 days) is screwing up my > computer. Any suggestions about what we can not download??? > > Thank you, in advance. Any of them that don't fix something. > > > "~*Laughingstar*~" wrote: > ...

Auto Invoicing
What are my options for automatic invoicing from Great Plains - either electronic transaction to third party who will do US postal service print and mail OR electronic directly to customer? ...

Starting Outlook 2003.
I notice that it is possible to start OneNote with the /tsr option so that it appears in the notification area for a quick start when needed. Is it possible to do the same thing with Outlook 2003? Luke. No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Luke Vogel asked: | I notice that it is possible to start OneNote with the /tsr option so | that it appears in ...

Auto color-shading of rows
Can I automate an excel worksheet such that if ,say, "436" is written in a certain cell it shades that row yellow, or if "437" is in that cell it shades the row blue. It would then be easy to visually tell in an excel chart which lines belonged to ,say, specific companies. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const WS_RANGE As String = "A1" On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range(WS_RANGE)) Is Nothing Then With Target Select Case .Value Case 436...

Trouble with Data entry with the name starting with O'B...
Don't know where to look, but had this problem before. With names like "O'Brien"? Getting a Syntax error #3077 ( Access database seems like it doesn't like the apostrophe character ('). Any solution to this problem? On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 06:59:01 -0800, Rocky <Rocky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Don't know where to look, but had this problem before. With names like >"O'Brien"? Getting a Syntax error #3077 ( Access database seems like it >doesn't like the apostrophe character ('). Any solution to this problem? Us...

Auto update query
Can someone walk me through the steps for creating an update query? I have two tables named "posnow" and Suppliers. both contain the same fields "suppliers, contact, telephone and fax". (The supplier table contains the information and the posnow table is the main design table) I want to auto update fields on a form with the same name using this query. Also should what should be used on the form, a list box, combo box or other to look up the main field(supplier) to fill in the balance of the fields? Please be definitive with you anwser for I am just a amatuer at this....

Auto-adjust column width
Hi all Is there a way to set a column width so that it auto-adjusts to the widest entry in the column? And what about the widest numerical entry, excluding word-wrapped cells containing text? I realise that I can double-click on the edge of the column header to achieve most of the desired result passively, but this does not work if the worksheet is protected. Thanks -- Return email address is not as DEEP as it appears Hi depending on your Excel version you can allow formating columns in the protection dialog. (I think starting with Excel 2002). In all other cases no chance but to remo...

Outlook 2000 will not start up
I am running XP XP2 with Office 2000 Premier. I was running outlook 2000 and it was OK except for trying to get MSN mail to it. That wasn't a show stopper but I got pocket PC 2003 for my Dell Axim5 which came with an Outlook 2002 load disk. I attempted to load it but it didn't go too well so removed it. Outlook would not start... I removed Outlook with the old stand-by "Add and Remove Programs" rfrom Control Panel . Re-loaded Outlook 2000, would not start with the error message (six times each attempt) "HrCreateNewWrappedObject@28 could mot be located in MSMAPI32....

Problems auto sending email from IE using Outlook
When I right click on a picture on IE I get the option to send as an email. If I select this an email is created and put in the Outbox of Outlook but it's not sent. I have to remember to open Outlook and send/receive. Anyone have any ideas how to make this send happen automatically ? I've checked all the various options and can't see anything useful. Thanks Tony Have Outlook open when you do this. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my perso...

auto replay for a e-mail activated public folder
Hello NG. I have a problem with the automatic reply for a e-mail activated public folder. If I try to set up a rule for the folder I get the error report: Changes could not be saved. I have full permission on the folder and I also have the right to send as for the folder. We are using Exchange 2000 with SP 3 on a Windows 2000 Server with SP 4. The clients use Outlook 2003 on a Windows 2000 System with SP 4. Any help would be appreciated. Thom ...

DropDown aand Auto Fill
Hi, I have column with DropDown List.. The items are a. Documentation b. Logic c. Optimization Is there a option to automatically fill a cell, if I type the first letter of an item? Also when I type alt+ down arrow the list appears. I would like to fill the cell when the first letter of an item is typed. Is that possible? Thanks! If you have your three (or any other) values, above or below, in same column "continued without line-gap", then this works the way you are asking. If its Excel 2007, then; > Click on round "Office Button" ...

auto save settings
I have loaded the "auto save" option in the tools menu, but the settings I make revert back to the default settings after every session. Is there a way to make my settings permanent or the default? ...

Rules
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3347046808_16647027 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit For some reason my auto reply is not working now...I have had the same set up for a few years now. But when I set up auto reply the message is sent to my out box but never gets sent....it just stays there. this is how I have my rule set up...see link to photo.....any suggestions...?? Entourage 12.1.0 OSX 10.5.8 http://i284...

Auto reconcile problem
As soon as I download transactions from any of my online accounts, all of them are marked as reconciled, even before I accept them. (I do not have "Automatically accept all downloaded transactions from banking statements" or "Automatically mark accepted transactions as reconciled" chacked.) Does anyone know why this might be happening? It makes balancing an account very difficult, since I have to go through and mark transactions as unreconciled before I balance. ...

Macro to Click on Alphabet Letter to go to Cell Where that Alphabet Letter Starts in Large Spreadsheet
I have a very large spreadsheet with text entries and would like to set it up so that I could click on a letter, for example, "d" and I'd be taken to the first cell with an entry beginning with "d". I also need to be able to continue to add data to the spreadsheet. I've read a lot of posts and the best solution seems to be setting up a macro. My problem is that I've never been able to record a macro and my attempts to try these in both Word and Excel have failed miserably. I've basically been self-taught in the Microsoft office programs for the past few yea...

PC Slow at Vista Start
When I start my PC using Vista Basic in the morning it will run really slower than usual for both IE and Windows Mail connection. If I re-start it fixes itself. I use "selective start up" and when I check start up programs only my very view programs are running. Suggestions? Thanks! "Even Stephen" wrote: > When I start my PC using Vista Basic in the morning it will run really > slower than usual for both IE and Windows Mail connection. If I re-start it > fixes itself. I use "selective start up" and when I check start up program...

Auto-import word tables into excel?
Campers - I need to automatically import the contents of one table from Word into Excel, for about 1500 word documents. Any ideas on how this can be nicely done? "Andrew Harder" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:d3a301c3eef9$ebbdd5a0$a601280a@phx.gbl: > Campers - I need to automatically import the contents of > one table from Word into Excel, for about 1500 word > documents. Any ideas on how this can be nicely done? Probably Visual Basic, to export the tables from Word and import them into Excel. VB can control both of them. -- My email...