auto resize text without resizing cell in excel

0
Ferd (3)

format|cells|alignment tab|check "shrink to fit"

Ferd wrote:

--

Dave Peterson
0

Auto Filter problem

Populate a cell if values in cell 1 and cell 2 match cell 3 and 4
I need help with a formula please. I need to search through a column of data and populate a cell if it meets a condition. For example: IF FirstWorksheet!A2 = SecondWorksheet!ColumnAx and FirstWorksheet!B2 = SecondWorksheet!ColumnBx Then populate SecondWorksheet!Cx with value from FirstWorksheet!C2 I have to match up a column of data in one worksheet with data in 2 columns in another worksheet. Help plz. Thanks T- A multi-criteria index n match (array-entered) should work here In Sheet2, Copy n paste this into C2's formula bar, then array-enter the formula by pressing CTRL+...

What exactly is microsoft excel used for?
I just need to know what excel is used for. Hi Babyboo Wow, what a question!!!! It is used for so many things, that books have been written about it. Spreadsheets, Databases, to manipulate data of all sorts, by using templates, as payroll packages, invoicing systems, creation of form letters, automating tasks, and and and and "Babyboo" wrote: > I just need to know what excel is used for. Babyboo wrote: > I just need to know what excel is used for. --------- Data manipulation... ...

how do I format text as strikethrough in Publisher 2003?
I am copying over text from a WordPerfect document into Microsoft Publisher 2003. Text that has been formatted as "Strikethrough" in the WordPerfect document comes over as plain text with no strikethrough. I have even tried to just import the document which it looks like it does fairly well at, except that all text formatted as strikethrough is imported as plain text. I can possibly believe that Publisher does not have any way to format text in this way, but I have looked everywhere and cannot figure out how to format the text in this way. Can anyone help? You will have to ...

Problem while saving a shared excel'07 document
Hi, in my bussiness, we have a shared excel 2007 document. This document worked fine with Excel 2003, but now we're migrated to 2007, we've got all kind of problems.. When I try to save the document, 6 out of 10 times, the saving failed with an error that Excel could not track changes. You should close the document and try it again, but then you loose all you're changes. You can also turn 'Share Workbook' off, and on again, then you can save the file, but all the changes other people have made are gone... I can't find any solution, so maybe there's...

Not plot zero on line chart without using NA?
Is there any way to have a line chart ignore the zeros other than manipulate the formula to show NA? If there were, would we settle for using NA()? We've been asking for something better for several versions of Excel. There are two options: use NA() in the formula, or delete the formula altogether. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ Homer wrote: > Is there any way to have a line chart ignore the zeros other than manipulate > the formula to show NA? > > That's what I thought, but I figured I'd take a shot at ...

Exporting Excel Charts in Separate Tabs
I have an excel file with different charts on each tab. The Excel file has at least 20 tabs and I would like to export them into Word as a separate sheet per tab for a reference guide. Is there a way to export from excel without having to cut and paste each tab? I am using MS Office 2003. ...

Auto-Editing

Auto-Calculate

Placing a mask within a cell
Howdy All, Here is what I am trying to do. I have a column with numbers in it. 1,2,3,etc. I want to prefix these numbers with Page.. and have the results look this this: "Page..1" "Page..2" With the quotation marks included. Can anyone help me out? Thanks, Brian One way: Format/Cell/Number/Custom \""Page..."0\" In article <uEaiQGMeFHA.1448@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "Brian" <treddderx@yahoo.com> wrote: > Howdy All, > > Here is what I am trying to do. > > I have a column with numbers in it. 1,2,3,e...

Prevent hyperlink text from printing
I have a hyperlink on the top of each page which jumps back to a slide towards the beginning of the presentation. The hyperlink looks like this: <<Return to "Speed" Summary>> I would like to prevent the hyperlink text from printing when someone prints the presentation. Ideas? PK, PPT 2003? If you are using a black and white printer you could choose View - Color and grayscale, and switch to grayscale. Modify the settings of the textbox with your hyperlink to not print by selecting the textbox and clicking on the settings button of the toolbar. Choos...

auto copy self

Counting colored cells
I need to count the number of rows (or cells) that are are a particular color. ex: How many cells in column A are red? Daniel, You need a VBA function to do this. See the CountByColor function at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm . -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Daniel" <dcarlileaz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0c9901c3886b$a55b7b20$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I need to count the number of rows (or cells) that are are > a particular color. ex: How many cells in column A are > red? ...

Auto correct or Auto complete

Text and autonum
Mr problem is basically generating autonumber with combination of text... For example J0001, J0002 When i open a form on JOB, it will automatically generate an autonumber for me and when i open a form on Loan it will generate autonumber starting with L0001 and so on.... May I know the way please.. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Thanks a lot...This is exactly what I want...thanks ya Maurice Maurice wrote: >You coul try setting a format on the field in the table like "L000" >When you enter some data in the table the autonumber will be presented to >y...

Frozen Text Boxes
I accidently dragged a text box from Spreadsheet A to Spreadsheet B. Now the text box on Spreadsheet B is not accessible. I cannot click on it, highlight it, or do anything to get the handles to turn on so I can delete it. It is just sitting there across 5 rows. I can type text in the box but that is all. What did I do and how do I delete it? Thanks, Greg Dear Greg Go to the <View> menu and select <Toolbars>. Select the <Control> toolbar. At the top of the toolbar you will hopefully have the design icon (Blue set square) depressed. Click on it to raise it (swi...

Any way to send messages on without all the recipients' names appeaing in it?
I want to send off received messages to various customers, but there should be no appearance of the other recipients names in the headers etc. Is there any way to do this? Desperate Peter Peter Jason wrote: > I want to send off received messages to various customers, but there > should be no appearance of the other recipients names in the headers > etc. > > Is there any way to do this? > > Desperate > Peter Bcc the recipients. No recipient gets to see the list of Bcc recipients. On Wed, 9 Mar 2011 19:53:59 -0600, VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote: >Peter...

pasting text into a text box
For some reason I am unable to paste text into a chart text box, (with excel 2007). Is there a trick to this? Gary K. Five minutes with Excel 2007 show that there is no obvious way to paste copied text into the embedded text box. Aren't you glad you upgraded? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Gklass" <gmklass@ilstu.edu> wrote in message news:1180231963.336906.112430@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > For some reason I am unable to paste text into a chart ...

OWA auto login

Linking worksheets in Excel
I would like to link 2 worksheets in Excel (if possible, 2 worksheets in different excel workbooks). I would like to link the sheets in such a manner that when any cells in the initial sheet are updated, the same cells in the 2nd sheet will also be updated. If a row is added to the initial worksheet, a row should be added in the same location in the 2nd spreadsheet. I would also like for the 2nd spreadsheet to contain extra columns that are not linked to the 1st sheet. In essense I am trying to link a requriements sheet to a testing traceability matrix. I would also like to "mirror&q...

Count number of lines of text in a range/value.
To start, 1) Add a form w/ a textbox to your VBA project. 2) Set the textbox's AUTOSIZE property to False. 3) Set the textbox's MULTILINE property to False. In your code... 4) Call on the Form's SHOW method (modal or modeless is irrelevant). 5) Set the textbox's TEXT property to the (trimmed) value you are working with. 6) Set the textbox's AUTOSIZE property to True. 7) Set the textbox's MULTILINE property to True. 8) Save/get the textbox's LINECOUNT property. 9) Call on the form's HIDE method. btw, I assume no responsibility for the code. Use it at your own...

Auto look through subfolders

How to save contents of cell range in an array?
In a VBA subroutine, how can one, for example, save the contents (numbers) of the range A1:L12 in the array x(12,12)? And how does one declare x()? Thanks in advance. John Uebersax dim x as variant x = Activesheet.Range("A1:L12").value Tim "John Uebersax" <jsuebersax@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8ef21027-a145-4022-8940-843b4cf2c943@j9g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > In a VBA subroutine, how can one, for example, save the contents > (numbers) of the range A1:L12 in the array x(12,12)? > > And how does one declare x()? > > ...