Auto-print Pivot Table Report that cycles through all Page Field values...

Suppose I have a pivot report with a Page Field.  In my case, it
allows a drilled-down view for a given state using source data
covering all states.  Pretty common use case, I imagine.

I'd like to be able to have excel print a multi-page report for all
states (not together, but individually).  It should just cycle through
all values of the page-field value.

This seems like a pretty basic thing to want to do with a pivot table
but so far I don't see that it's possible.  I mean, sheesh, they even
called it the "page field" as if it's supposed to be part of a
multi-page report.

Thanks for either pointing out where I configure such a report or what
workarounds might be.

I'd look at the posts by Debra Dalgleish in this thread:
http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=40561C40.806%40contexturesXSPAM.com

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Hide Field based on subform checkbox
I have been searching for while now. Please help. I have a form with a check box. If this box = False I want to hide a field on a subform. What would be the correct code and where do I put it? I am confused as to when to use After Update, On Current etc. The check box field name = RevisedGrant (which is on DataEntryFrm) If not checked or isnull, I do not want to see "RevisedCost" (which is on TotalCostsubform within Totalsubform on DataEntryFrm). To be clear as mud, my main form has a subform and that subform has another subform. Please help I've spent way too much ...

Project Accounting Name field change
I am in GP 10 on the Contract Maintenance Screen. I want to change the prompt 'Name' to Contract Number. When I go into Modifier->Resources->Strings there is no field called Name. How can I change this prompt without having to use Forms Modifier to change the prompt? I was able to change several fields with no problem. First of all, you need to make sure you are in the proper dictionary -- Field Service. By the way, there is no need to add the form to Modifier to modify the string. If you want to change the prompt programmatically, you will need to use VBA. Ad...

Filter and Page Setup
Hi All, I have a question about filters and page headings for printing a filtered document. I basically need advice on the best way to accomplish the below listed task. I have set up a spreadsheet for logging transmittals received from different offices that my company has around the world. In this spreadsheet, I have numerous rows of information that we need to keep track of. I would like to place filters on SOME of the columns (not all of them). When I have the filter on, and I print out the document, I would like it to have a title that is relevant to the filter. For example, ...

error message; print problem
The following began appearing about/after the time I transferred info from one computer to another: 1) at the close of Microsoft Word 2002 (Microsoft Windows XP Professional), the following appears: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error Program: C:\Program files\Microsoft Office\Office 10\WINWORD.EXE abnormal program termination 2) After printing 1 or 2 docs with HP psc 1315 all in one, no further docs print (they appear in HP window waiting to print) unless, until I shut down both printer and computer, restart both, then the docs print automatically. ...

Populate a cell if values in cell 1 and cell 2 match cell 3 and 4
I need help with a formula please. I need to search through a column of data and populate a cell if it meets a condition. For example: IF FirstWorksheet!A2 = SecondWorksheet!ColumnAx and FirstWorksheet!B2 = SecondWorksheet!ColumnBx Then populate SecondWorksheet!Cx with value from FirstWorksheet!C2 I have to match up a column of data in one worksheet with data in 2 columns in another worksheet. Help plz. Thanks T- A multi-criteria index n match (array-entered) should work here In Sheet2, Copy n paste this into C2's formula bar, then array-enter the formula by pressing CTRL+...

Creating linked fields
How can I create a linked field eg I have Account no in General tab and I create another tab which requires the same Account no to be present basically its the same field in the database so in the tabs it projects the same data ! when typed in the General tab ! It is not possible to have the same field displayed on more than one tab with the current version of the product. I am not sure if it is going to be possible to do this in V2. Anyone know? Guy. "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7EE8552-C4F2-4143-A4C6-B9268C4CF4C9@microsoft.com... &g...

Auto Filter problem

Auto-Editing

Unstarted Tasks report showing completed tasks
I have tasks that started and finished in the past. In addition, I have manually marked them as completed. Why are they still showing up in my Unstarted Tasks report? The unstarted tasks report just uses the unstarted tasks filter to find tasks where Actual Start = NA. Check the filter (Project, Filtered For, More Filters etc). Check the Actual Start field in the Tracking Table. -- Trevor Rabey 0407213955 61 8 92727485 PERFECT PROJECT PLANNING www.perfectproject.com.au "mrobles" <mrobles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E9D4C4F-B764-47DC-B...

Auto-Calculate

XP Professional printing to HP 722C
When I had my printer HP 722C installed on a Windows 98 computer, I had the option for duplex printing and printing to banner paper. Now, I have it installed XP Professional machine and these options are not available. Has anyone else seen this and know how to fix this? Before David A comes in to blast HP, you might want to go up to the HP site to see if their is a newer driver available for your printer. However, in many cases some printer functions have been lost with XP, and you may have to do your duplex printing manually. Good luck DavidF "Bimshure" <yfarley@yahoo.com&...

printing #3
hope u all are ok. i have been facing a problem with my printer that when i print a line so it print but still i need the my printer to stop the page inside after printing the first line of my data and to be reading for further printing any suggestions.in printer property setting etc. thanks in advance If I understand correctly, you wish to print one (or just a few) rows to your printer and not eject the page? Presumably so you can add more to it later for layout or some other purposes? I'm going to say it cannot be done with basic printer properties unless your printer itself has...

pivot table issue
please hel column a = range of dates or code word column b = codes (often repeating in reference to different dates & codes in column a column c = qt i make a pivot table wher column b becomes the row valu column a becomes the column valu & column c becomes the data valu the problem is that the resulting pivot table puts items with the same column b value but differend column a values on seperate lines rather than putting them on the same line with different row values in the data field any help would be appreciated wish i could send an attachment here --- would obviously be easier ...

auto copy self

Set minimum values for equation results
Hi all, I've been searching the queries here and can't find an answer to what I'm hoping is a simple query . . . I want my equation to ensure that any minus values are returned as 0 but positive values should remain true. THis needs to be within the original equation as opposed to a separate equation doing a find and replace. Appreciate any answers (preferably by e-mail!). Jim. Try using IF(), for example: Put in C1: =IF((A1-B1)<0,0,A1-B1) which will return 0 if (A1-B1) results in a minus value with zero & positive values remaining true Hope the above helps. M...

Prevent hyperlink text from printing
I have a hyperlink on the top of each page which jumps back to a slide towards the beginning of the presentation. The hyperlink looks like this: <<Return to "Speed" Summary>> I would like to prevent the hyperlink text from printing when someone prints the presentation. Ideas? PK, PPT 2003? If you are using a black and white printer you could choose View - Color and grayscale, and switch to grayscale. Modify the settings of the textbox with your hyperlink to not print by selecting the textbox and clicking on the settings button of the toolbar. Choos...

Zebra 2844 printer installed, just printing the label code instruc
Hi Folks, I just installed the lp2844 and I am just testing it with the default zebra.lbl. Although I will use 2" instead of 4 inch I just wanted to test. The printer is printing out the actual text of the zebra.lbl instead of processing the instructions. Now I did a default install of the printer and am using the windows driver. Is this the mistake? Thanks Kevin Hi Kevin - my understanding is the zebra.lbl template uses a generic text printer driver, not the windows driver - try testing the avery templates, these should work fine on windows drivers if that's what you...

Auto correct or Auto complete

Print several reports based on criteria in a form
I am cross posting this in both the Forms and the Reports forums. Let me apologize in advance because this is going to be somewhat scattered and somewhat hypothetical at the moment because I don't have a clue where to begin. I will do my best to make it coherent. I have a form (frmBids) with two sub forms (sbfBids & sbfBidSubs). The main form has several fields regarding the Bid Proposal --- Bid Contact, Bid Company, Due Date, Bid Contract (Prime or Sub), among others. The sbfBids subform is visible all the time. This sub form includes information on the work that is being reques...

OWA auto login

CRM Report erro on SQL server web
Can anyone help out with this --tya Server Error in '/Reports' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: CS0006: Metadata file 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll' could not be found Source Error: [No relevant source lines] Source File: Line:...

"Print 1099" prints 1099 forms for non-1099 vendors. (GP10SP3)
When we add a new vendor to GP, we mark the vendor as a 1099 vendor until we know for sure. If it turns out the vendor is not a 1099 vendor, we turn that off when we receive the proper paperwork. Now, when printing 1099 forms from Purchasing -> Routing -> Print 1099, we are finding the GP is printing 1099s for some non-1099 vendors because transactions were entered during the period of uncertainty. I've told the users that, to fix this, they need to mark each vendor as a 1099 vendor, remove the 1099 amounts from the "Vendor 1099 Details" card, mark the vendor as a ...

Count number of lines of text in a range/value.
To start, 1) Add a form w/ a textbox to your VBA project. 2) Set the textbox's AUTOSIZE property to False. 3) Set the textbox's MULTILINE property to False. In your code... 4) Call on the Form's SHOW method (modal or modeless is irrelevant). 5) Set the textbox's TEXT property to the (trimmed) value you are working with. 6) Set the textbox's AUTOSIZE property to True. 7) Set the textbox's MULTILINE property to True. 8) Save/get the textbox's LINECOUNT property. 9) Call on the form's HIDE method. btw, I assume no responsibility for the code. Use it at your own...

Auto look through subfolders