Auto Open macro not running when accessed through HTML link

I have created an excel workbook. Upon opening the workbook a macro
runs. I have now created a HTML page with a hyperlink to the file.
Upon clicking on the link the file opens but the autoopen macro fails
to run. When I run the file direct the autoopen macro runs every time.

Can someone please assist me with this.

Thanks in anticipation

Rhema

access-relatorios
Estou a iniciar me no access. Estou a construir uma base dedados e depois de fazer com sucesso a criação de tabelas;consultas e formularios iniciei a elaboraçao da criação de um relatorio utilizando o assistente. Já fiz inumeras tentativas e no final obtenho sempre a informaçao de que "não foi possivel criar o relatório. Porquê?Eu estou a utilizar access2003/XP. Agradeço resposta Carlos pina ...

How can I access/display File -> properties in a cell
How can I access and display, from within a worksheet cell, the modified date in FIle->Properties? In Word you can insert the "Field" in the document. How can this be done in Excel? Thanks, Denny You need a udf Function DocProps(prop As String) Aplication.Volatile On Error GoTo err_value DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties (prop) Exit Function err_value: DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue) End Function You would use like so =DOCPROPS("last save time") -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "De...

problems with comcast accessing outlook
Problem developed yesterday; when I try to enter outlook to check email I get message "comcast not able to use Outlook reference # CR089824423". Comcast doesn't know what the problem is. Fishstick48 wrote: > Problem developed yesterday; when I try to enter outlook to check > email I get message "comcast not able to use Outlook reference # > CR089824423". Comcast doesn't know what the problem is. This is a message box that comes up? What is the title on it? What buttons are available to you there? What happens when you click either of the buttons? ...

Can't access my newspaper in Outlook any more
For years, I have been reading my daily newspaper via my Outlook. It is delivered daily via e-mail. Today, it was delivered via e-mail as alwys, BUT I was not allowed to open it. The message from Outlook says that it had been blocked and to contact my system administrator. Since I am using my home computer (as always!) I am wondering what gives. Does it have anything to do with the Outlook Connector items that were downloaded automatically sometime recently without warning. If you put the attachment on your desktop,can you open it then ??? -- Peter Please Reply to Newsg...

Marcro to Create PDF from Access Report
I want to create a macro that fires off once a day to create a PDF file from an access report. How to? ...

auto Selecting or Clicking a field
How to I set VB to automatically selecting a field (in the same way as manually clicking on a listbox)? I have a form with [fo_num] combo box field. After making a selection from this field, the list box [fo_mgr] is updated. I have no problems in my form. The proble is, it does not update the [fo_mgr] field in my table. It only saves the data onto the table whenever I click on the [fo_mgr] manager list box. I would like to be able to code this in VB so the user doesn't need to click on the [fo_mgr] to update the table with the new info. (I posted a similar question in public.access b...

Problems filtering Access 2007
Hello, I have converted my database from 2002 to 2007 and my filters used with a macro (applyFilter) works when I enter the first criteria, however if I ask for another criteria the form comes back with the same record. Here is how my macro is: Note: I use a Form to Filter and it calls "CastFilterForm" Action SelectObject (Object Type - Form); (Object Name - InvoiceForm); (In Database Window - No) ApplyFilter (Where Condition [Forms]![CastFilterForm]![CompanyName] Close (Object Type - Form); (Object Name - CastFiltForm) It always worked fine I don't kn...

Append a database in a form. (New to Access 2007)
I have created a database and a form in Access 2007. I can view data in the form, but I can't append. I have been manually entering info in the database. Would like to use the form to enter info. Not exactly new to databases, I used dBase in DOS for 10 years. Any assistance would be appreciated. In form design view, open the Properties sheet. Looking at the properties of the Form (not of a text box), what is the RecordSource property (on the Data tab of Properties sheet)? You will be able to add records if the RecordSource is just one table, or a query that uses just one table. If th...

Linking multiple files
I want to link multiple Excel files together and create a summary in a separate worksheet. All of the files are formatted exactly alike. I don't want to combine them into one worksheet because each sheet is needed on its own. Any suggestions? Hi yes, check out Consolidation on the Data menu or Pivot Tables - consolidating multiple ranges. Cheers JulieD "Therese" <Therese@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE69312C-FA21-4E8D-B577-C4BFD770BE8E@microsoft.com... >I want to link multiple Excel files together and create a summary in a > separate works...

Problem w report Access 2007
I have a report that I created with Access 2003 that is 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches. It worked great in Access 2003, but in Access 2007 it prints the 1st page ok (info centered where I want it), but prints the info on the 2nd page moved to the top of the page (almost like there is no margin). The strange thing is that after the bad 2nd page, all other pages print just fine.?.? The pages selected to print are entered in a range from a query. Thanks WWV ...

Linked Template compatibility error

Linking Excel to a Word Document
I have created a rather extensive Excel program and I have also written a "Users' Manual" in Word to help people using the program. I have been working on trying to put a link in the Excel document to open up the Users' Manual when it is clicked. This works well, except the link must be re-created every time I put the program on a new computer. Is there any way to attached the word file to the Excel file in a way that this link will not break down when I put it on a new computer. One final note, the Word document is 50 some pages long so it is not possible to simpl...

MS Excel VBA Pivot table link cell fetch records
I have a table 'tbl_Final' in MS Access 2007 where the data is used and cached in a pivot table found in the 'Data' worksheet in MS Excel 2007. In this MS Excel 2007 workbook, I have various worksheets reports which links to the pivot table values found 'Data' worksheet. I linked formulae in one of the cells found the worksheet reports, looks like this: =GETPIVOTDATA("Amount",Data!$B$4,"Month", 2,"Year","2008","Scenario","Budget") Lets say the cell value total is: 1000 So, In pivot: 1000 ...

Personal Macro Workbook
I'm trying to create a macro which I want to store in the Personal Macro Workbook. I'm getting a message which says "Personal Macro Workbook in the startup folder must stay open for recording". I'm not sure why I get this message, and it's preventing me from recording a macro. What do I need to do to fix this problem? Ivor A few people have posted this problem. One of the solutions is that excel kept closing the personal.xls file because it thought was corrupt. If you're using xl2002 or xl2003, you may be having the same trouble. If you start excel, th...

messages opening when highlighting them
Office XP; when an email arrives that has a virus, the user right-clicks the message to delete it. Immediately the message opens. Trend ScanMail is catching the viruses so that's not a problem, but why would the emails open automatically like that? Autopreview is turned off. ...

Outlook 2002
Hi everyone - I have an issue with Outlook 2002 and IE6. I have some personnel that want to send links from IE to people. When they click on the send link (via IE), Outlook opens up and displays this message, "Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments: index.url." I checked on Exchange 5.5 and I am not blocking the URL attachment. I have worked with some higher level officials and was not able to get this to work, even after opening up the public folders and adding the Outlook Security Form. I still get the above message. Is there somethi...

Address Book
Just transferred from Eudora 5.2 to Outlook 2003, so I have a string of questions on how the address book works in Outlook. Q2 When I try to open the Address Book in Outlook I can't, and get error messages like: "the address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be openned. It may have been moved of deleted, or you do not have permissions. For informationon how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Microsoft Office Outlook Help" ....That appears when I try to open it from the drop down "Tools&q...

How to call a macro from a xlam in a xlsm
I am writing an aplpication in VBA in Excel 2007. When i used to call a macro under excel 2003 I could use: Application.run "XlaFile.xla!'VBAProject.ModuleName.MacroName" However when i try to use this construction under Excel 2007 i get the following error message: "Cannot run the macro 'XLAFile.xlam!VBAProject.ModuleName.MacroName'. The macro may not be available in this workbook or all macros may be disabled." The Macro is standing in the Workbook_Open event of my xlsm file and is calling an addin with xlam extension. The xlam file is sele...

On Open
Can anyone help me out with this? I want a worksheet to preform these actions each time it opens: Automatically unhide any hidded rows (especially those hidden by the auto-filter feature). Then sort the entire worksheet based on one column (contents of the column). Thanks. -Ian Hi try the following: - record a macro while doing these actions manually - rename this recorded macro to 'Auto_Open()' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ian wrote: > Can anyone help me out with this? > > I want a worksheet to preform these actions each time it > opens: > &...

To-Do List template does not open from MS site. I need it.
Microsoft Online templates: To-do list for projects does not open!!! I use XP; there should not be a problem. I tried several other templates. Some work. Some don't. Is it MS or is it me. ...

Excel and opening files
I don't know whether anyone can help. Is there a way of customising the quick launch tool bar on the left hand side of the box when you go "File" , "open" Thanks Yes, but it may require a manual registry edit. Go to the www.microsoft.com and search for userdefinedplaces. You can narrow it down further by adding the office version (eg 2000, 2003) -- Ian -- "Jon Scales" <JonScales@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E290EF7C-5A2A-4297-A874-8929640948E5@microsoft.com... >I don't know whether anyone can help. Is there a way of cu...

Access 2007 unusable over network
Access 2007 seems to have severe (severe!!!) performance problems with mdb's over a network. Over VPN it's downright unusable. It doesn't matter if the mdb is upgraded or not... and it happens on both XP and Vista and on different machines. I expected the Office Suite SP1 to address this issue, but it did not. This must be a known issue, no? Is there a workaround? (no, we're not upgrading to ADP or going to use replication). Access 2000,2002,2003 all work great. The only way that Access can be used over a VPN is with a web server against a JET database, or a Terminal ...

how to write a macro, to refer to a last row in a file, in which .
I have the follwing table week B C D E F G H 434 674 453 34 0 13 0 0 435 669 298 29 2 50 3 30 436 673 609 32 8 22 3 90 437 672 872 41 21 2 7 83 438 672 946 54 7 1 5 76 439 660 545 62 19 2 4 74 I need a macro to refer to the last row...that is 6th in this case above. But that will change to the 7th row..or 8th etc. Always in this file I need to refer to the last row. Can we do it in a macro? -raji Raji, There are a number of ways of doing that, the simplest is Dim myLastRow As Range Dim myCell As Range...

A2000ReportToPDF seems does not work on Access 2007
I use lebans A2000ReportToPDF on Access 2003 and it works fine. However, when I use Access 2007 to open my Access 2003 database, A2000ReportToPDF seems not working. Any one know how to fix it? The website does not metion Access 2007. I know Access 2007 has own PDF button but the ribbon is not easy to configure and it's not automatic. http://www.lebans.com/reporttopdf.htm Can you be more specific on what the error is? If you are running under XP then there is a security issue will calling Adobe Reader to display the newly created PDF file. My routine does save the converted repo...

Distributing my macro to everyone in my office
Hi 1st post :) As the title states I have an excel macro I need to distribute to th rest of my office, I have tried to save the macro as an excel add-i but (then including it in the add ins loaded and restarting excel) When I open the add in I have no way of running the macros, do I hav to create an extra button on the toolbar as part of an automaticall run macro?? Or is there another way involving the default template for all users i the office? Or creating a new template? If anyone knows how to do this type of thing or has similar experienc I would appreciate any advice. Many thanks, C...