Auto numbering of spreadsheets

I have created an elec application form for use on a telephony section. Each
time a user enters the form when a customer rings, I want the form to be
numbered automatically, so that each form has a reference number. There is
the possibilty that more than one user will open the form at any one time -
will they still have seperate IDs?

Can this be done? Any help appreciated...

Thank you,
--
Rob,
Teesside,

"abfabrob" <abfabrob@yahoo.co.uk.NO_SPAM> wrote in message
>I have created an elec application form for use on a telephony section.
>Each
> time a user enters the form when a customer rings, I want the form to be
> numbered automatically, so that each form has a reference number. There is
> the possibilty that more than one user will open the form at any one
> time -
> will they still have seperate IDs?

Access would be more appropriate for this application.

0
ask8724 (3)

Auto Filter problem

Auto-Editing

Auto-Calculate

auto copy self

Auto correct or Auto complete

display number as number name
I want to get the number name of the corresponding number i enter. Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html "Kamala Kannan" wrote: > I want to get the number name of the corresponding number i enter. ...

OWA auto login

Test number of decimal places in Currency format
How can I interrogate the system (Windows, I guess) to find out how many decimal places are specified in its Currency format? Alternatively, how can I test a number that's been entered to ensure that the user did not enter more decimal places than the Windows currency format permits (Access will store what's entered, but I want to reject what's been entered if it's not according to the Regional settings). Bob Randy Birch has code to give you details about the defined Locale Currency information at http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/locale/localecurrency.htm Note, though, th...

Auto look through subfolders

Count number of lines of text in a range/value.
To start, 1) Add a form w/ a textbox to your VBA project. 2) Set the textbox's AUTOSIZE property to False. 3) Set the textbox's MULTILINE property to False. In your code... 4) Call on the Form's SHOW method (modal or modeless is irrelevant). 5) Set the textbox's TEXT property to the (trimmed) value you are working with. 6) Set the textbox's AUTOSIZE property to True. 7) Set the textbox's MULTILINE property to True. 8) Save/get the textbox's LINECOUNT property. 9) Call on the form's HIDE method. btw, I assume no responsibility for the code. Use it at your own...

Auto date

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Auto-Alphabetize

substracting numbers in non contigous cells
Hi!=20 I need a formula to substract numbers in non contigous=20 cells THAT ARE IN ONE COLUMN and have the result in other=20 cell, for example: ........................A...................B R1..................................BLANKCELL R2..................................BLANKCELL R3..................................15 R4..................................BLANKCELL R5..................................BLANKCELL R6..................60.............75 R8..................................BLANKCELL R9..................................BLANKCELL R10................................BLANKCELL R11........

How do I auto-reply incoming eMails ?
During my holidays I want to inform the sender of incoming eMails that I am currently not in office. How can I setup an auto-reply note? Do I setup this in my Outlook 2003 or in the Exchange Server? Joe If you connect to an Exchange server at work, use the Out of Office function (under tools). It will reply once to each sender that you are out of the office. By default in Exchange, auto-replies to the internet are turned off so only internal addresses would receive the Out of Office reply but verify with your Exchange Admin how they have the server configured. If you have a POP3 acc...

Auto change of Row number within Formulas
Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do the following Cell Resul A1 B1 1 A simple formula would be - sum(c(a1):c(b1)), where the result in this case would be the sum of cells c5:c10. Many thanks, Gle Hi Glen, Look at the INDIRECT() function in HELP -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "millarg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02302493-2C51-4CB9-9463-06523884BBD6@microsoft.com... > Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do ...

Double Numbers
I have a question. I have a series of 5 digit numbers in a spreadsheet. About 4000 o them, and I need to find out if there are any doubles. I sort by th column they are entered in and it puts the doubles together, but still have to scroll through every number and visually find them. I there any way I can do this without looking at each one? Please say yes! ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Advanced Filter will do this, there's some great instruction...

Auto-Capitalize
How do I turn this off. I'm making a basic flowchart. I need to turn this off. Thank You On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:42:05 -0800, eyewirejets <eyewirejets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I turn this off. I'm making a basic flowchart. >I need to turn this off. menu Tools -> Auto Correct Options -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics Packages for Visio http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

auto delete attachment
How I can write a rule or script that will automatically delete any email that has the attatchment name? I'm using windows xp and outlook 2003. Norton AntiVirus Deleted1.txt Thanks, Aaron Rules don't touch attachment names so your only other choice is writing a program to do this. Try posting in an Outlook programming forum - also see http://www.slipstick.com and http://www.outlookcode.com for some assistance. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Aaron <kuy...

CDatabase CRecordset
Hi there, I'm using Visual C++6 and MFC to connect to a database. So far I have just been able to connect to the database. I want to count the number of rows in the database so I can see if there is any data in it. All I want to do is get the number of rows if possible. I dont need to pass any of the actual data (if there is any). I've been using the CDatabase class to connect to the Database and have tried a few things using the CRecordset class to try and return the number of rows. Here is a cut down version of my code in which I have removed all the try catch blocks for clar...

align numbers with comma and center within column
Hello! I have a question about number alignment within a column. Essentially, I need to end up with a list of whole numbers aligned wit each other by the comma and also centered horizontally in each cell. Here are the details: I have whole numbers (no decimals) between 1,000 and 900,000 in on column. The numbers of 1,000 and greater all need to have a comma t separate the thousands. Ex. 1,000, 65,000, 400,000 I have been asked to align all the numbers so that the commas line u with each other (like you might do with decimal points), but I am no to add any decimals (such as .00). Then ...

Outlook
My auot archiving is turned on and set to auto archive every 7 days. There are certain folders that do not auto archive even though all folder are set to use the default setting of 7 day. I'm not sure why some folders are not auto archiving. Please help. Archiving works on the modified date of the items, not the received or sent date. If you have accessed the item in the last 7 days, the modified date will be the date you last accessed the item and fall outside of your 7 days or older parameter. Try this - add the modified date to your folder and then sort by that date. You can see...

Auto fit contents
Auto fit (Row Height) works for a single column. It does not appear to work for merged culumns. Can auto fit row height be made to function for contents in merged columns ? -- Mucho Gusto Not without using VBA.. If interested see google search thread for code by Greg Wilson. Watch out for word wrap in the URL which is all one line. http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_frm/thread/2293ac4e6373c4d3/ca1c160cbeb27874?lnk=st&q=&rnum=4#ca1c160cbeb27874 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 07:05:01 -0800, Una Pregunta <UnaPre...