auto insert $

Ugh!  My mind is blank!  I don't remember how to do this, I want the $ to
appear automatically whenever enter numbers in my sheet.

Thanks!
0
ogawak (7)

Format the cell as Currency.

Either:

1
Right click cell, select Format Cells, choose Number (tab), selec
Currency.

2
Hit the Currency format toolbar shortcut button (found on th
Formatting toolbar).

3
Select desired cells, hit Ctrl + Shift + 4 (keyboard shortcut)

--
firefyt

firefytr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=664
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26896

Thanks!

"firefytr" wrote:

> Format the cell as Currency.
>
> Either:
>
> 1)
> Right click cell, select Format Cells, choose Number (tab), select
> Currency.
>
> 2)
> Hit the Currency format toolbar shortcut button (found on the
> Formatting toolbar).
>
> 3)
> Select desired cells, hit Ctrl + Shift + 4 (keyboard shortcut).
>

> --
> firefytr

> firefytr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6640
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=268965

0
ogawak (7)

Auto Filter problem

Insert with a where condition

Auto-Editing

Create a button to insert a new row.
I know Excel can do it; I just don't know how. In addition, once the new row is inserted, I need the formulas to carry into it. Any help is greatly appreciated! I can think of many possibilities, but I'm sure you are thinking of something very specific. Please give more information. -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "Sharon" wrote: > I know Excel can do it; I just don't know how. In addition, once the new row > is inserted, I need the formulas to carry into it. > &g...

Auto-Calculate

auto copy self

Auto correct or Auto complete

Problems with Inserting Rows
Morning Everyone In my previous version of Excel I could click on a row and then "Insert copied cells" anywhere on the sheet (as a new row). My problem is that with this version (2003 professional), when I try and re-insert the row, all the formulas have been converted to values. How do I switch back to inserting the row with formulas Many thanks in advanc Ja Inserting a row seems to work the same in Excel 2003 as in earlier versions, but maybe if you lay out the _precise_ steps to duplicate the problem someone can help you. In particular "re-insert the row" is unc...

OWA auto login

Auto look through subfolders

Auto date

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Auto-Alphabetize

Change to Insert Drop Down Menu Items Office 2003 Win Vista Home P
When I click Insert>Auto Text>Signature in Word 32003, all of a sudden, beside many of the choices with an > I'm seeing the message Sign Into Office Live Workspace Beta. As I said, it's beside quite a few of the choices in this drop down list. If I click it, it does nothing. I did nothing to change this. Have I gotten an Update from Microsoft that changed something? Now why would Microsoft release an update that screws up Word Pro 2003. Are we pushing 2007 or 2010? Any answers to help restore this function to its working status is greatle appreciated. I alrea...

inserted symbols
The symbols I have inserted will not print and I cannot figure out why. Any suggestions? Thanks! Hi Kerri, Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 and older are critical about printer drivers. Usually upgrading (or downgrading in some cases) will fix the problems you are encountering. If you have not already done so, you would want to visit the manufacturers website of your printer to download and install the latest printer driver that is available. It's important to note that the CD-Rom that came with your printer will most likely NOT have the most recent driver for your printer. Popular P...

How do I auto-reply incoming eMails ?
During my holidays I want to inform the sender of incoming eMails that I am currently not in office. How can I setup an auto-reply note? Do I setup this in my Outlook 2003 or in the Exchange Server? Joe If you connect to an Exchange server at work, use the Out of Office function (under tools). It will reply once to each sender that you are out of the office. By default in Exchange, auto-replies to the internet are turned off so only internal addresses would receive the Out of Office reply but verify with your Exchange Admin how they have the server configured. If you have a POP3 acc...

what happened to the insert = at the left of the formula bar?
I am new to Excel 2007 and miss the ability to click the = that used to be in the box at the left of the formula bar. It would put the beginning = in so that a formula could be entered directly by clicking on the first cell, entering an operator and clicking the second cell. That was very efficient. I suspect that it still exists, I just can't find it. Thanks for any help. That with XL2003; next to the Formula Bar is fx which when press inserts an = and opens the Insert Function dialog. The same in XL 2007. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/...

Auto change of Row number within Formulas
Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do the following Cell Resul A1 B1 1 A simple formula would be - sum(c(a1):c(b1)), where the result in this case would be the sum of cells c5:c10. Many thanks, Gle Hi Glen, Look at the INDIRECT() function in HELP -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "millarg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02302493-2C51-4CB9-9463-06523884BBD6@microsoft.com... > Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do ...

Auto-Capitalize
How do I turn this off. I'm making a basic flowchart. I need to turn this off. Thank You On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:42:05 -0800, eyewirejets <eyewirejets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I turn this off. I'm making a basic flowchart. >I need to turn this off. menu Tools -> Auto Correct Options -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics Packages for Visio http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

auto delete attachment
How I can write a rule or script that will automatically delete any email that has the attatchment name? I'm using windows xp and outlook 2003. Norton AntiVirus Deleted1.txt Thanks, Aaron Rules don't touch attachment names so your only other choice is writing a program to do this. Try posting in an Outlook programming forum - also see http://www.slipstick.com and http://www.outlookcode.com for some assistance. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Aaron <kuy...

Outlook
My auot archiving is turned on and set to auto archive every 7 days. There are certain folders that do not auto archive even though all folder are set to use the default setting of 7 day. I'm not sure why some folders are not auto archiving. Please help. Archiving works on the modified date of the items, not the received or sent date. If you have accessed the item in the last 7 days, the modified date will be the date you last accessed the item and fall outside of your 7 days or older parameter. Try this - add the modified date to your folder and then sort by that date. You can see...

Auto fit contents
Auto fit (Row Height) works for a single column. It does not appear to work for merged culumns. Can auto fit row height be made to function for contents in merged columns ? -- Mucho Gusto Not without using VBA.. If interested see google search thread for code by Greg Wilson. Watch out for word wrap in the URL which is all one line. http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_frm/thread/2293ac4e6373c4d3/ca1c160cbeb27874?lnk=st&q=&rnum=4#ca1c160cbeb27874 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 07:05:01 -0800, Una Pregunta <UnaPre...

Auto-Reply to an open mailbox
I would like to set up a rule to auto-reply when two certain words are in the subject line, and not on my personal mailbox but on a secondary mailbox that my profile opens. For some reason the auto-reply isn't working. Any ideas? Simon The rule has to be written on the "secondary mailbox". In other words, rules in your Outlook account will not work for the other mailbox. You need to open the other mailbox in its own profile and write the rule for it there. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Simon" <simonanquetil@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:04b201c...