Auto fit contents

Auto fit (Row Height) works for a single column.

It does not appear to work for merged culumns.

Can auto fit row height be made to function for contents in merged columns ?
--
Mucho Gusto

Not without using VBA..

If interested see google search thread for code by Greg Wilson.  Watch out
for word wrap in the URL which is all one line.

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_frm/thread/2293ac4e6373c4d3/ca1c160cbeb27874?lnk=st&q=&rnum=4#ca1c160cbeb27874

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 07:05:01 -0800, Una Pregunta
<UnaPregunta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Auto fit (Row Height) works for a single column.
>
>It does not appear to work for merged culumns.
>
>Can auto fit row height be made to function for contents in merged columns ?

0
Gord

Auto Filter problem

Auto-Editing

Get contents of field in a subform
I have a form named frmTicOpenAsgnTab based off my TICKET table. On this form I have a JOURNAL tab which holds the subform sfJournal (based off my JOURNAL table) and is a Continuous Form. On the subform sfJournal I have the field EntryText which is a field in the JOURNAL table. The tables TICKET and JOURNAL are linked by the TicketID in a one to many relationship. I have a command button named cmdEmailUser located on the main form where I need stText to equal the contents of the EntryText field. My code is as follows but line for stText is what doesn't work. stText = Forms!fr...

Auto-Calculate

auto copy self

Auto correct or Auto complete

OWA auto login

macro help = extract content of specific columns accross a row
have a spreadsheet which consists of about 5125 rows and 2840 columns. I am using Excel 2007 in order to get access to the extra columns. Now I need help creating a macro to automate a very tedius and manual task. The first column in the spreadsheet is empty. What I Need =========== For every row I would like to extract the contents of certain columns accross the row and copy to the first column of the row. into the first column i would like to copy the contents of the following columns accross the row. 6C = sixth column, 9C = 9th column etc... 6C + " " + 7C + " &...

How to save contents of cell range in an array?
In a VBA subroutine, how can one, for example, save the contents (numbers) of the range A1:L12 in the array x(12,12)? And how does one declare x()? Thanks in advance. John Uebersax dim x as variant x = Activesheet.Range("A1:L12").value Tim "John Uebersax" <jsuebersax@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8ef21027-a145-4022-8940-843b4cf2c943@j9g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > In a VBA subroutine, how can one, for example, save the contents > (numbers) of the range A1:L12 in the array x(12,12)? > > And how does one declare x()? > > ...

Auto look through subfolders

Auto date

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Auto-Alphabetize

Is there any way to split contents of a cell into more cells.
in a cell i am having date like 123, 435, 546, 546. I want now the 123 in one cell, 435 in another cell, 546 in another cell and so on. It there any way to split the contents of a cell into more cells. Hi, Have a look at Data|Text to columns and use comma as a delimiter. -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "saravanan" wrote: > in a cell i am having date like 123, 435, 546, 546. I want now the 123 in one > cell, 435 in anot...

How do I auto-reply incoming eMails ?
During my holidays I want to inform the sender of incoming eMails that I am currently not in office. How can I setup an auto-reply note? Do I setup this in my Outlook 2003 or in the Exchange Server? Joe If you connect to an Exchange server at work, use the Out of Office function (under tools). It will reply once to each sender that you are out of the office. By default in Exchange, auto-replies to the internet are turned off so only internal addresses would receive the Out of Office reply but verify with your Exchange Admin how they have the server configured. If you have a POP3 acc...

Auto change of Row number within Formulas
Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do the following Cell Resul A1 B1 1 A simple formula would be - sum(c(a1):c(b1)), where the result in this case would be the sum of cells c5:c10. Many thanks, Gle Hi Glen, Look at the INDIRECT() function in HELP -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "millarg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02302493-2C51-4CB9-9463-06523884BBD6@microsoft.com... > Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do ...

Auto-Capitalize
How do I turn this off. I'm making a basic flowchart. I need to turn this off. Thank You On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:42:05 -0800, eyewirejets <eyewirejets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I turn this off. I'm making a basic flowchart. >I need to turn this off. menu Tools -> Auto Correct Options -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics Packages for Visio http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

Protecting cell contents
I have about 5 cells on my sheet that contain formulas which reference other sheets. I therefore want to prevent users from accidentally changing or deleting these 5 formulas. They are free to modify any other data on the sheet. How can I preserve these 5 cells which cointain formulas without using the "Protect Sheet" options??? BTW, users have the ability to protect and unprotect this sheet at any time with their own passwords, so it seems like I need another way to protect my formulas. I mean, once the user un-protects the sheet, they are able to delete anything an...

auto delete attachment
How I can write a rule or script that will automatically delete any email that has the attatchment name? I'm using windows xp and outlook 2003. Norton AntiVirus Deleted1.txt Thanks, Aaron Rules don't touch attachment names so your only other choice is writing a program to do this. Try posting in an Outlook programming forum - also see http://www.slipstick.com and http://www.outlookcode.com for some assistance. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Aaron <kuy...

Determine whether test will fit in textbox
I have a continuous form that I am using to display a bunch of text to a user, so they can easily scroll through the records. I'm looking for a function which I can run that will tell me whether the text in the textbox is completely visible or not. Ideally, I'd like to use this function in a conditional formatting criteria so that if the text exceeds what is visible in the textbox, I can color code the textbox. Any ideas? -- Don''t forget to rate the post if it was helpful! email address is invalid Please reply to newsgroup only. Dale, I think the first thing you ...

Outlook
My auot archiving is turned on and set to auto archive every 7 days. There are certain folders that do not auto archive even though all folder are set to use the default setting of 7 day. I'm not sure why some folders are not auto archiving. Please help. Archiving works on the modified date of the items, not the received or sent date. If you have accessed the item in the last 7 days, the modified date will be the date you last accessed the item and fall outside of your 7 days or older parameter. Try this - add the modified date to your folder and then sort by that date. You can see...

Auto fit contents
Auto fit (Row Height) works for a single column. It does not appear to work for merged culumns. Can auto fit row height be made to function for contents in merged columns ? -- Mucho Gusto Not without using VBA.. If interested see google search thread for code by Greg Wilson. Watch out for word wrap in the URL which is all one line. http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_frm/thread/2293ac4e6373c4d3/ca1c160cbeb27874?lnk=st&q=&rnum=4#ca1c160cbeb27874 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 07:05:01 -0800, Una Pregunta <UnaPre...

Auto-Reply to an open mailbox
I would like to set up a rule to auto-reply when two certain words are in the subject line, and not on my personal mailbox but on a secondary mailbox that my profile opens. For some reason the auto-reply isn't working. Any ideas? Simon The rule has to be written on the "secondary mailbox". In other words, rules in your Outlook account will not work for the other mailbox. You need to open the other mailbox in its own profile and write the rule for it there. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Simon" <simonanquetil@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:04b201c...