Auto Filter problem

I am using the auto filter for a particular column to sort out differen
medical programs. When I click the drop down and click a program, i
doesnt show me ALL the lines that say this particular program. Why is
this?

Hi
maybe some hidden characters in these lines 8e.g. additional space
characters, etc.)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"jkb724 >" <<jkb724.19rasx@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:jkb724.19rasx@excelforum-nospam.com...
> I am using the auto filter for a particular column to sort out
different
> medical programs. When I click the drop down and click a program, it
> doesnt show me ALL the lines that say this particular program. Why is
> this??
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)
7/21/2004 6:35:07 PM
If it's not the spelling, maybe you didn't go far enough down the worksheet when
you filtered your data.

Try that filter once more.
Look at the row numbers of the filtered range.  You'll see Blue for the visible
rows in the filtered range.

If the row numbers are still black, then remove the filter and reapply it to the
complete range.

"jkb724 <" wrote:

> I am using the auto filter for a particular column to sort out different
> medical programs. When I click the drop down and click a program, it
> doesnt show me ALL the lines that say this particular program. Why is
> this??
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

"Shrinkage" Problem when saving as PDF
I have a newsletter created in Publisher, which I send to the printer as a PDF. When I create the PDF, everything on the pages gets slightly scaled down, creating a larger margin and my nice crisp text becomes a tad fuzzy. I'm using Publisher 2007 and have tried 1) Publish as PDF or XPS, 2) Print, and select the printer as Adobe PDF, and 3) Save As *.pdf, all with the same results. I have Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro, if it matters. Can you advise me on settings that I need to adjust when I create the PDF? Or something else? When you go to print, select Preferences and set the margins to 0 (z...

Auto Filter problem

Disable cmd button
I have a cmd button (filter button) that enables another button (print preview button). I then disable this print preview button after it is clicked by first setting the focus to another control and then disabling the button. That works fine. Private Sub cmdSpecialPreview_Click() DoCmd.OpenReport "rptPrintPreview", acViewPreview, , strWhere cmdFilterOff.SetFocus cmdSpecialPreview.Enabled = False End Sub The problem is that if the user clicks the first button (which enables the 2nd button) and then clicks somewhere else. This keeps the second button enabled. I trie...

custom report filter by customer & supplier
We would like to have the reporting capability to pull a customer list with name, address, email and phone number (where available of course) filtered on customers who have purchased Vera Bradley(Supplier) products in the past. We do use Vera Bradley as a department. The output would be, for example, 1000 customers out of 4000 in the total customer database have purchased a Vera Bradley product and thus show Vera Bradley in their detailed customer purchases. The report would give us just the subset of 1000 customers to use for target marketing purposes. The report would need to be...

Personal Folder problem #2
I have a user that came in and opened his email and most of his folders were missing out of his personal folder file. The file is 333MB but when I open it from outlook it says it is 65kb. I ran icrosoft scanpst.exe (R) Inbox Repair Tool Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1995-1996. All rights reserved. **Beginning NDB recovery **Attempting to open database **Attempting to validate header **Attempting to validate AMap **Attempting to validate BBT **Attempting to validate NBT **Attempting to validate BBT refcounts **Attempting to validate header NID high-water marks **Begi...

error message; print problem
The following began appearing about/after the time I transferred info from one computer to another: 1) at the close of Microsoft Word 2002 (Microsoft Windows XP Professional), the following appears: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error Program: C:\Program files\Microsoft Office\Office 10\WINWORD.EXE abnormal program termination 2) After printing 1 or 2 docs with HP psc 1315 all in one, no further docs print (they appear in HP window waiting to print) unless, until I shut down both printer and computer, restart both, then the docs print automatically. ...

Filter and Page Setup
Hi All, I have a question about filters and page headings for printing a filtered document. I basically need advice on the best way to accomplish the below listed task. I have set up a spreadsheet for logging transmittals received from different offices that my company has around the world. In this spreadsheet, I have numerous rows of information that we need to keep track of. I would like to place filters on SOME of the columns (not all of them). When I have the filter on, and I print out the document, I would like it to have a title that is relevant to the filter. For example, ...

Nz & Dlookup problem
I keep getting the #Error in my text box. What is wrong with this syntax? =Nz(DLookUp("[Affiliation]","tblFaculty","[FacID] =" & [Outside]),"") Check the Dlookup 1. Check if the name are correct 2. If FacID field is a text field and not numeric, add a single quote before and after the criteria DLookUp("[Affiliation]","tblFaculty","[FacID] ='" & [Outside] & "'") 3. In any case, try running the dlookup without the text box using the Immidate windows (press Ctrl+g) and then type ?DLookUp(&qu...

IF and LOOKUP Problems
I am having 1 major problem currently, and will have another problem potentially in the near future. In the last tab "Weekly Time Sheet", I have created a pivot table, which works to perfection. I have also created in Column A a description for each of the codes given in the pivot table. This description is pulled from a range that has been created in N18:O76. However, the problem is, I can't seem to figure out how to have a blank cell show up if there is not a code given in column B. There is no guarantee that I will work on the same projects on a weekly basis. Is there a w...

Problem while saving a shared excel'07 document
Hi, in my bussiness, we have a shared excel 2007 document. This document worked fine with Excel 2003, but now we're migrated to 2007, we've got all kind of problems.. When I try to save the document, 6 out of 10 times, the saving failed with an error that Excel could not track changes. You should close the document and try it again, but then you loose all you're changes. You can also turn 'Share Workbook' off, and on again, then you can save the file, but all the changes other people have made are gone... I can't find any solution, so maybe there's...

Auto-Editing

excel 400 problem
When I click formaton the toolbar, then hide, an error box pops up with a x on it and says 400, I have tried everything and have now removed office XP from the computer. Before I reinstall it does anyone have any Idea what was going on here or any sugestions. This hapens even on a blank sheet. When I run excel 2000 on another computer I don't have this problem. Thanks Reinstalled Excel XP still same problem "Visual box opens with red X and the number 400" Searched MS and Google for help but no solutions "politesse" <eperry2424nospama@myrealbox.com&g...

Date/Time criteria problem
I am trying to create a query that allows a user to select a specific date for which to show results. Following is sample SQL with a fixed criteria: SELECT qryShopJobsIO1.JOB_NO, qryShopJobsIO1.[TOTAL QUANTITY ORDERED], qryShopJobsIO1.[ENTRY DATE], qryShopJobsIO1.SumOfTotalHours FROM qryShopJobsIO1 WHERE (((qryShopJobsIO1.[ENTRY DATE])=#4/27/2010#)); This particular example returns no records. I know that I have records for which the ENTRY DATE field is 4/27/2010. I believe that the problem is that the default value of that field (in the table definition) is set to =Now() ...

Auto-Calculate

External messages problem
Hi all, I have this problem with a customer, they have an Exchange 2003 Server (SBS2003). The external mailboxes resides on the ISP so they download messages to internal mailboxes through POP3 connector. This works fine but we see 2 problems: 1) When an internal user wants to send messages to an external user the mail is sended with the "reply-to" pointing to the internal mailbox (not resolvable from internet), so when the external user wants to reply and sends the email the address is not recongnized and the email bounces. 2) If we change the "reply-to" to match the...

smtp ping pong problem
OK, this is the deal..... SBS 2003 server on ISDN dialup, POP3 connector configured to download 4 mailboxes (user1@company.com, user2@company.com.....) from isp, and deliver to local exchange mailboxes. a similar smtp domain is created in recepient policy on the exchangeserver (@company.com) user of mailbox nr 5 lives in another town and does pop3 from isp by himself (user5@company.com), so hi is not in contact with the exchange server. If one of the first 4 users try to send mail to user5, the exchange server starts to say things like it can�t find mailbox for user5 and stuff. how do i make...

Money 2005 Budget Problem
Will Microsoft ever fix the problem with the budget? I have budgeted values that are 10-15 times the amount in my budget. I tried all the "workarounds" posted and none worked. Especially the one that suggests creating a new category, moving transactions, removing from budget, etc. It would be easier for me to export transactions and migrate to Quicken. Does anybody have any real solutions to this problem? I saw one post for Money 2002 that suggested the following: 1. Quit Money 2002. 2. Click Start, and then click Run. 3. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click ...

auto copy self

Auto correct or Auto complete

OWA auto login

Problem with Update Trigger
SQL2008 I have two databases, both with identical tables ( apart from TableNames ). I have tried putting an update trigger on DB1.tbCBMOAccount to update the field country on DB2.tbBOSS_OAccount with the updated value from DB1.tbCBMOAccount ALTER TRIGGER [dbo].[trig_UpdateOriginatongAccounts] ON [DB1].[dbo].[tbCBMOAccount] AFTER UPDATE AS BEGIN Declare @OAccountID UniqueIdentifier Declare @Country varchar(32) Select @OAccountID = OAccountID , @Country = Country From Inserted IF UPDATE(Country) BEGIN UPDATE DB2.dbo.tbBOSS_OAccount SET Country = @Country ...

Problems with Inserting Rows
Morning Everyone In my previous version of Excel I could click on a row and then "Insert copied cells" anywhere on the sheet (as a new row). My problem is that with this version (2003 professional), when I try and re-insert the row, all the formulas have been converted to values. How do I switch back to inserting the row with formulas Many thanks in advanc Ja Inserting a row seems to work the same in Excel 2003 as in earlier versions, but maybe if you lay out the _precise_ steps to duplicate the problem someone can help you. In particular "re-insert the row" is unc...

Serious Problem
We have the serious problem about exchange 5.5. Please help Environment Server Platform: NT4.0 with Sp6a, Exchange 5.5 with SP 4. Client Platform: win2000 pro with sp4, Microsoft outlook 2000 with sp Case 1) Two of internal user sent mail to other internal user have the fill in TO, CC and BCC. However, only the user at BCC field can receive this mail. TO and CC user never receive. I check the exchange server's event viewer. i only can see the transition to the user at BCC field and not any information is provide about the transaction at the field TO and CC user is submit or not. Sender a...