auto file path update when excel sheet moved to another directory.

Hello,
   I've been working on a huge excel file for a while and I'm trying to make
it easier to use. My problem is that when it is moved from the template
folder to a working folder the formulas referencing a file in the template
folder have their path changed in the formula and have to have the links
updated. Since the file is protected it's impossible for the users to chance
the source. It's wierd because it will still pull information, but if
information is changed in the external data file the updated doesn't get
ported over.

I need some like the $ command to stop Excel from changing the drive path.
I'd rather have no drive path and have all the reference files open, then the
working directory file is opened.  Or statically assign the proper path for
the reference file sitting in the template folder.

Any help, without having to use VB scriping would be apprciated.  Thanks

0
GNSBoy (2)

"GNSBoy" wrote:

> Hello,
>    I've been working on a huge excel file for a while and I'm trying to make
> it easier to use. My problem is that when it is moved from the template
> folder to a working folder the formulas referencing a file in the template
> folder have their path changed in the formula and have to have the links
> updated. Since the file is protected it's impossible for the users to chance
> the source. It's wierd because it will still pull information, but if
> information is changed in the external data file the updated doesn't get
> ported over.
>
> I need some like the $ command to stop Excel from changing the drive path.
> I'd rather have no drive path and have all the reference files open, then the
> working directory file is opened.  Or statically assign the proper path for
> the reference file sitting in the template folder.
>
> Any help, without having to use VB scriping would be apprciated.  Thanks

='N:\ABC\AnotherDirectory\Main Site\Light\[PARS Template.xls]NARS'!$D$6

I want the path to stay in some cases and in others be the directoy where
the file was opened.  The above path actually shouldn't be in front of the
file name because I want it to look at the open file that exists in the
directory. Other links point to a file in a fixed directory and I want to
make the path in front of the file static.  EXCEL keeps updating the external
data links!!!!  I want it to stop.

Thanks
0
GNSBoy (2)

Auto Filter problem

Exporting Excel Charts in Separate Tabs
I have an excel file with different charts on each tab. The Excel file has at least 20 tabs and I would like to export them into Word as a separate sheet per tab for a reference guide. Is there a way to export from excel without having to cut and paste each tab? I am using MS Office 2003. ...

Auto-Editing

Settings.settings file with settings for multiple regions

Auto-Calculate

prompt for path to loop through files
I have the code below and it works fine but I would like it to prompt for the file path as each month the path changes slightly. Sub LoopOWC() Dim oFSO Dim Folder As Object Dim Files As Object Dim file As Object Application.ScreenUpdating = False Set oFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set Folder = oFSO.GetFolder("c:\new_files\Jan") For Each file In Folder.Files If file.Type Like "*Microsoft Excel*" Then Workbooks.Open Filename:=file.Path UploadData ActiveWorkbook.Cl...

Application
Hi, Can I find the path of MSAccess application and whether is a runtime or full version by accessing any of it's properties ? I will open access with command below: Set msa_APP = GetObject(, "Access.application") Thanks a lot in advance! msa_APP.SysCmd(acSysCmdAccessDir) should return the path to the directory in which msaccess.exe is installed. msa_APP.SysCmd(acSysCmdRuntime) should return True if it's the run-time version. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "chris" <chris@discuss...

auto copy self

how to specify a horizontal line in MFC resource file
Hi; i have this problem. I want to add a horizontal line somewhere on the dialog box. However, i cannot find any control like GROUPBOX|, CHECKBOX representing a single horizontal line ? How can i achieve this? best regards bav Add a picture control to your dialog and change its type from frame to vertical etch. AliR. "bav" <baudewijn.vermeire@skynet.be> wrote in message news:45ef14b1$0$2946$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be... > Hi; > i have this problem. > I want to add a horizontal line somewhere on the dialog box. > However, i cannot find any control like GRO...

Auto correct or Auto complete

Cannot open files.
I am having trouble opening files after saving them. I keep getting the message "cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents. Details says "Unspecified error" followed with the location in the "document.xml" file. ...

OWA auto login

Problem with Update Trigger
SQL2008 I have two databases, both with identical tables ( apart from TableNames ). I have tried putting an update trigger on DB1.tbCBMOAccount to update the field country on DB2.tbBOSS_OAccount with the updated value from DB1.tbCBMOAccount ALTER TRIGGER [dbo].[trig_UpdateOriginatongAccounts] ON [DB1].[dbo].[tbCBMOAccount] AFTER UPDATE AS BEGIN Declare @OAccountID UniqueIdentifier Declare @Country varchar(32) Select @OAccountID = OAccountID , @Country = Country From Inserted IF UPDATE(Country) BEGIN UPDATE DB2.dbo.tbBOSS_OAccount SET Country = @Country ...

Adding users to Active Directory groups
We have installed CRM 3.0 on a server using a domain admin account. We also have a CRM Admin account on our domain that is used to administer CRM. This account is not a domain admin. We ahve noticed that when the CRM account adds a new user to CRM, the network account gets added to the UserGroup in AD. Can someone explain how that user account gets added to the AD group when the CRM admin account is not a domain admin and the site is running under Local System account? Is it still using the domain admin credentials that we used to install CRM? The CRM Admin account simply has rights to ad...

SAVE FILE
I have developed a file with a macro which is protected by a password. A "Save" button with the assigned macro calls the procedure in the macro and when I am trying to save a file the following message appears "You cannot save this file format when the VBA Project is protected You may unprotect the VBA Project by......" What do you suggest I do to save a file with a protected macro? The macro must be protected, it is very important for me not to allow access to the macro in totallity. I am using certain cells' information to name the file My code lo...

Linking worksheets in Excel
I would like to link 2 worksheets in Excel (if possible, 2 worksheets in different excel workbooks). I would like to link the sheets in such a manner that when any cells in the initial sheet are updated, the same cells in the 2nd sheet will also be updated. If a row is added to the initial worksheet, a row should be added in the same location in the 2nd spreadsheet. I would also like for the 2nd spreadsheet to contain extra columns that are not linked to the 1st sheet. In essense I am trying to link a requriements sheet to a testing traceability matrix. I would also like to "mirror&q...

PDF files
I am using Office 2001 on and iMac with os9.2. Can anyone tell me how save/covert a word document to a pdf file? Thanks-T-nix Tom Shadonix <musicoffice@rew2000.com> wrote: > I am using Office 2001 on and iMac with os9.2. Can anyone tell me how > save/covert a word document to a pdf file? Thanks-T-nix Under MacOS 9, you'll need to get Adobe Acrobat (the full version). There is no native way to "print to PDF" from MacOS 9. Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) --- http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.c...

Auto look through subfolders

Changes are not saved on files
Hi, Sometimes when files are closed after beeing saved and then the user open this file, the last changes are not present (like user didn't save it). This happens on netwerk drive but also on local drive. We have also an antivirus but the searches on the antivirus support don't give anything. We experience that on windows2000 machines with OfficeXP and with WindowsXP machines with office2003. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks I would suspect that the user isn't opening the file that he/she saved. This used to happen a lot with people who would open email attachments, make changes...

Auto date

Excel Problems #7
I have recently converted from Windows 98 to Windows XP. My files partially migrated. I have tried reinstalling MS Office but Excel and Word are only partially installed. I have tried copying documents but XP can not open them. I have tried everything I can think of. Please help. What am I doing wrong? -- Thanks Tammy Try Opening WORD or EXCEL and then importing the documents. On My XP machine if I try doing something - and I get the error message like, "that option is not installed" and "would you like to install it" I just select "YES" and it installs tha...

Outlook Express 6 & Binary File Messages
Hi, I have a question for the group. When using OE 6 to read binary messages in NG's that have multiple posts that have to be joined together in order to view the image (.jpg, .gif, etc.), why are only the second or third parts only shown. In other words, if you see in a message post that would normally show extensions like (1/2, 2/2 etc.), how come only the 2/2 or however many parts there are show up instead of complete post messages. Do I need to adjust any settings or is this a problem with the news server that the message posts are sent to ? I'm running Win XP...

Word File Locations Prefs
My work environment has changed such that the server that I once=20 connected to for workgroup templates no longer exists. I believe that = Word=20 still looks for the server as it hangs every time it is opened. I have deleted all the com.microsoft.* prefs files in = ~/Library/Preferences And greped everything that I could searching for the server name string = in=20 the File Location path. Any thoughts on where Word stores this information so I can delete it? In article <2bc8001c46966$1810a060$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "Daniel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...