Auto-changing of Excel Files' name

Ever since we changed our server's O/S from Windows
Server NT 4.0 to Windows Server 2003, all excel files'
name will get changed by itself when they are accessed
from any terminal within the LAN, which is running
Windows 98 or Windows XP.

What could be the cause(s) of this strange problem? Any
solution?

0
anonymous (74721)

Too many rows for Excel output from Access 2000
All: In my application I am exporting several records to excel file dynamically using a query,when the number of records exceeds 50000 records in one of the scenarios I am getting this error :There are too many rows to output, based on the limitation specified by the output format or Microsoft access Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "Query11" DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, stDocName, acFormatXLS, , 1 Can any one suggest the solution to this problem, Thanks in Advance, VT IIRC, OutputTo uses an earlier Excel format that limits to 16K rows. Use the TransferSp...

Quirky recent file list #2
Debra--- I do tend to open from Windows Explore more then File>Open. But I am saving the file. It's more that it is annoying when I close a file by accident and don't quite remember where it got saved on the server. Stacie -- SPenney ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SPenney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1079 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=267592 Well, I guess you weren't the only one who wanted this behaviour changed. <g> If/when you upgr...

Opening a new instance of Excel

Linking a graph to a csv file
**Excel 2002 Hello, I'm sure this is exceedingly easy, but somehow, I'm screwing this up. I ultimately need to have a self- updating PowerPoint file (client mandates a ppt file). According to ppt's help, that means I have to use linked Excel graphs, not embedded ppt graphs. However, my programmer will be supplying me with tons of csv files. When I try to create an excel file with a data link to a csv file, it tells me that it can't update it unless I open the source file. I *can't* take the time to open each csv - there will be hundreds. What am I missing wi...

Macro must return the name of the button
Hi there, I want to a macro to display the name of the button (or object) from where I am calling that macro. Anyone an idea? thanks, Derek What sort of button (userform, worksheet forms, worksheet control toolbox)? -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove xxx from email address if mailing direct) "Derek Brussels" <Derek Brussels@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8441F83B-89DC-4515-A643-CE8F258DFC1F@microsoft.com... > Hi there, > > I want to a macro to display the name of the button (or object) from where I > am calling that macro. Anyone an idea? > &...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

Excel Crash

Import Palm files
Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, calendar, etc Depends what you can export to from Palm Desktop. Personally, I've found this messy. Why not just get sync software that can sync your Palm with Outlook directly? Chapura Pocketmirror or Pumatech Intellisync are two ideas....or your Palm CD may have come with this option. F. Carvalho wrote: > Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files > (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, > calendar, etc ...

outlook 2000 help file

EXCEL TROUBLESHOOTING #2

Recognition of crylic test in work sheet names, VB version 9108
I have named some worksheets using russian langauge text, which is not recognised by VB in computers running less than Excel 2003. Is there a patch or an upgrade for VB to read this text? ie VB=Sheets(Array("àðàõèñ", "peanuts")).Select and refers to the worksheet арахис (russian for peanuts) (the text is readable in excel, is not legible as worksheet names in VB) Cheers Ben ...

Excel Edit F2 button changed for Mac???

allowing or disallowing changing the state of check box
Hi, what's the best moment to check if the user has right to change the state of check box and then to allow it or cancel it. I've tried with "before update" event procedure. It seems to work but after, when I press anything else on the form event procedure is repeating? Any help? thanx alekmil One addition: The problem occurs (repeating) when Cancel = True was applied previosly. "alekm" wrote: > Hi, > what's the best moment to check if the user has right to change the state of > check box and then to allow it or cancel it. I'...

Urgent
How do I get my X axis and Y axis to auto scale inside my chart when I add new data in my spreadsheet? -- Sandi Gardner "Sandi" <Sandi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4D8613F-13C3-4C1B-9576-95E44B0AE156@microsoft.com... > How do I get my X axis and Y axis to auto scale inside my chart when I add > new data in my spreadsheet? The default is to do so. Check Format Axis/ Scale, and ensure that Auto is ticked for Min & Max. -- David Biddulph That works for my Y axis but I also need my X axis to auto scale also. -- Sandi Gardner "David B...

In Excel program shows a broken line and don't know how to get ri.

Changing Posting Settings
I just wanted to double check that if I am currently Posting TO General Ledger in the Purchasing Series, if I change that to Post THROUGH General Ledger will this have any ill effects. I would make sure everyone is off the system, however if there are batches in the GL that were generated by the AP subledger is this ok and would it then post through the general ledger for any new transactions posted once I change this option? You are fine. Manual post any GL batches. You can do this before or after you change the option. "VDebattista" wrote: > I just wanted to double che...

Auto Recovery won't work
Hi. I had a power failure. When I restarted my computer and opened Excel, the recovery panel won't appear! I did click on "auto recovery" option and set it to save for every 2 mins! I checked the files in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel, there's only 1 file called "Excel10.xlb" MS Word managed to recover my files! Some time ago, Excel auto recovery won't succeed! But the recovered files suddenly appear in front of me after 1 month or so. It's so strange! How can I get back the missing recovered Excel files? Tha...

Excel Cells Contents to HTML Pages

Contact not importing names of csv lists
Whenever I import a csv file into outlook 2007 it imports only the email addresses, nothing else. I've titled the csv columns with the exact same headings as the outlook contact headings. Still, it imports only the email addresses. What do I need to do to get it to import the full names as well? Is it correct to assume that because you stated that you "titled the csv columns the same as the Outlook contact headings" - that you used "auto-map" to import your data? There is absolutely no reason, benefit or value whatsoever (under any circumstances) in ...