Auto-Calculate

I have a spreadsheet that utilize the stock quote add-in from MSN.  On a daily basis I refresh the add-in functions for the Highs, Lows, Last, Volume, etc.  On occasion the spreadsheet reverts to manual caculation settings, and I have to press the F9 even after I updated the quotes.  I've always preferred the any spreadsheets I open, blank or otherwise, the automatic setting selected for calculations.  I consider this an annoyance.  Has anyone experienced this glitch?  Is there a fix for it?

Ron_D
0
anonymous (74717)

Ron

Excel takes the calculation mode from the first workbook that opens in a
session.

Subsequent workbooks opened in that session will take that mode no matter
which mode they were saved under.

The only workaround is to make sure you do not open first any book with calc
mode at "Manual" or have workbook_open code in your Personal.xls that sets the
calc mode to "Automatic" when opening.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 13:51:12 -0800, "Ron_D"

>I have a spreadsheet that utilize the stock quote add-in from MSN.  On a daily basis I refresh the add-in functions for the Highs, Lows, Last, Volume, etc.  On occasion the spreadsheet reverts to manual caculation settings, and I have to press the F9 even after I updated the quotes.  I've always preferred the any spreadsheets I open, blank or otherwise, the automatic setting selected for calculations.  I consider this an annoyance.  Has anyone experienced this glitch?  Is there a fix for it?
>
>Ron_D

0
Gord
1/20/2004 11:50:09 PM
Ron

colleagues(OK) may have some set to manual as you surmise.

Gord

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 13:46:13 -0800, "Ron_D"

>Thanks Gord.  Although, I don't know of any workbooks in my library of Excel files that have the Manual settings selected.  I've always preferred Automatic calculations.  It's possible that some of my colleagues(sp?) may have workbooks with the Manual settings selected.
>
>Ron_D

0
Gord

Auto Filter problem

Calculate Daily Interest, Paid out Weekly
Not sure if the subject makes sense I have 2 dates Rate = 8% Start = 12/28/2009 End = 2/18/2010 This is 7 weeks 3 days Daily interest = .08/365 = 0.02192% How do I find what the total for say $35.95 and the end of the period 02/18/2010 - If daily interest is applied at the end of every week. 1. Do I add the 3 days to 35.95 before calculating week1? 2. Is there a built in function that does this I'm thinking the total should be around 253.20 + the 3 days Thanks Steve What is the principal and when is it paid. Are you talking about one investment of $35.95...

Calculation of weather data help
Hi, I have a data file (at http://www.weatherweb.net/cliall.dat) which contains daily weather data from 1881 in the format: dd,mm,yy,max temp,min temp, rainfall, sunshine, wind speed, wind gust, pressure What I would like to do is to calculate means for max, min, wind speed, wind gust and pressure, and also total rainfall and sunshine for each month. I would like the output in the format: mm,yy,mean meax, mean min, total rain, total sunshine, mean wind, mean wind gust, mean pressure Can anyone give any assistance as to how I might do this in excel to create a sngle file contain all th...

Auto-Editing

Auto-Calculate

auto copy self

Auto correct or Auto complete

OWA auto login

Auto look through subfolders

PivotTable: Customized Calculations
I have salary data in an EXCEL spreadsheet (each row contains the salary for one individual). I wish to construct a PivotTable that counts the number of individuals in each of several salary intervals that I would specify ($0 - $19,999; $20,000 - $29,000, etc.) How do I do this? I believe that reporting on such customized calculations are possible, but I can't find any explicit guidance. Thanks for your help. You could add a column to the data table, and calculate the salary groupings there. Create a lookup table with the categories, e.g.: 0 $0-$19,999 20000 $20-$29...

Auto date

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Auto-Alphabetize

i can't figure out how to calculate percentages in excel
hI I can't seem to get excel to show my the right numbers in percent format i'm dividing a cell of 3000 by a cell of 342 and i get 8.771929825. if i try to switch this to percentages i get 877%. what am i doing wrong? Nothing. 8.77 *IS* 877%, just as 1.00 is the same as 100%. What are you expecting? In article <63010FFE-C18F-41B7-A652-0F512F575D95@microsoft.com>, Laserbeak43 <Laserbeak43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > hI > I can't seem to get excel to show my the right numbers in percent format > i'm dividing a cell of 3000 by a cell of 342 a...

How do I auto-reply incoming eMails ?
During my holidays I want to inform the sender of incoming eMails that I am currently not in office. How can I setup an auto-reply note? Do I setup this in my Outlook 2003 or in the Exchange Server? Joe If you connect to an Exchange server at work, use the Out of Office function (under tools). It will reply once to each sender that you are out of the office. By default in Exchange, auto-replies to the internet are turned off so only internal addresses would receive the Out of Office reply but verify with your Exchange Admin how they have the server configured. If you have a POP3 acc...

pivot with calculated date
Hi All I have a pivot table which I want to break the data down into month and year. The data in the main spreadsheet is in day, month and year. So far I have used the Month (field) and year (field) to translate the month data within the original source file and then run the pivot table. Is it possible to do this calculation within the Pivot table - I have tried the inserting a calculated field but this will not allow me to put the drop column fields here - Any help greatly appreciated Cheers Rexmann PS I am using Excel 2003 Hi, If you put the Year field in the Row area and the M...

Auto change of Row number within Formulas
Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do the following Cell Resul A1 B1 1 A simple formula would be - sum(c(a1):c(b1)), where the result in this case would be the sum of cells c5:c10. Many thanks, Gle Hi Glen, Look at the INDIRECT() function in HELP -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "millarg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02302493-2C51-4CB9-9463-06523884BBD6@microsoft.com... > Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do ...

Time calculation 01-21-10
Hello, I am working on the employee attendance data entry the time in and out are based on short time format i have created a report sorted by employee ID and by making the sum of total hours per day in order to get how many wrking hours each employee have im getting a wrong calculation Example ID Employee date totalk wrking hours 1 Tia 1/1/2010 16:00 1 Tia 1/1/2010 16:00 1 Tia 1/1/2010 16:00 1 Tia 1/1/2010 16:00 1 ...

Calculating Donor Level
Access2007 I have a donation database where I calculate the "DonorLevel" of a donor based on how much they have donated. Example: 0 to $500 might be "silver level" and $500 to $2500 might be gold level. I allow up to 8 levels and store the ranges in one record in a table called "tblPreferences" I usually calculate DonorLevel on the fly for an individual donor with some code. Now I'm at the point where I want to make reports. Example a simple report groupBy DonorLevel and show total of all donations by all donors in that donor level. ...

Auto-Capitalize
How do I turn this off. I'm making a basic flowchart. I need to turn this off. Thank You On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:42:05 -0800, eyewirejets <eyewirejets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I turn this off. I'm making a basic flowchart. >I need to turn this off. menu Tools -> Auto Correct Options -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics Packages for Visio http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

auto delete attachment
How I can write a rule or script that will automatically delete any email that has the attatchment name? I'm using windows xp and outlook 2003. Norton AntiVirus Deleted1.txt Thanks, Aaron Rules don't touch attachment names so your only other choice is writing a program to do this. Try posting in an Outlook programming forum - also see http://www.slipstick.com and http://www.outlookcode.com for some assistance. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Aaron <kuy...

formula to stop calculating when it comes across a particular valu
I have spent hours trying to do this I now have less hair and whats left is turning grey quickly, please help Im trying to create a formula that sum,s up until it hits a particular value and then stops so for example: A B C 0 9 0 0 10 0 0 2 0 1 5 26 0 5 0 1 10 15 So in the example above I need the formula to sum up column B until it finds a numerical value of 1 in in column A so the value 26 would show in column C and the calculation would then start again from the next row. Good luck understanding this and hope you help Cheers ...

calculate percentage of numbers <= zero in a given range
I need to calculate the percentage of numbers, within a range of cells, that are equal to zero or less than zero. Simple example: numbers are 8, -1, 8, 8, 0, 0 The percentage of numbers that are equal to zero or less than zero would be 3/6 or 50% How can I do this in Excel? Try this: =3DCOUNTIF(range,"<=3D0") / COUNT(range) Change range to what you are using. Format the cell as percentage. Hope this helps. Pete On Jul 23, 4:46=A0pm, spowel4 <spow...@gmail.com> wrote: > I need to calculate the percentage of numbers, within a range of > cells, that are eq...