auot numbering

hi all,i have made an invoicve and saved as a template.is there a way to get
a sequential number each time an invoice is opend and saved as a customer
name?any help would be appreciated.thx wyn
--
WYN
0

someone had a similar question about automatic sequencing. here is th
code someone posted for that query:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Const DEFAULTSTART As Integer = 1
Const MYAPPLICATION As String = "Excel"
Const MYSECTION As String = "myInvoice"
Const MYKEY As String = "myInvoiceKey"
Const MYLOCATION As String = "A1"
Dim regValue As Long

With ThisWorkbook.Sheets(1).Range(MYLOCATION)
If .Text <> "" Then Exit Sub
regValue = GetSetting(MYAPPLICATION, MYSECTION, _
MYKEY, DEFAULTSTART)
.Value = CStr(regValue)
SaveSetting MYAPPLICATION, MYSECTION, MYKEY, regValue + 1
End With
End Sub

Sub test()
MsgBox LRow(ActiveSheet) + 1
End Sub

Function LRow(sh As Worksheet)
On Error Resume Next
LRow = sh.Cells.Find(What:="*", _
After:=sh.Range("A1"), _
Lookat:=xlPart, _
LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, _
MatchCase:=False).Row
On Error GoTo 0
End Functio

--
icestationzbr
icestationzbra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=458

auot numbering
hi all,i have made an invoicve and saved as a template.is there a way to get a sequential number each time an invoice is opend and saved as a customer name?any help would be appreciated.thx wyn -- WYN someone had a similar question about automatic sequencing. here is th code someone posted for that query: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Const DEFAULTSTART As Integer = 1 Const MYAPPLICATION As String = "Excel" Const MYSECTION As String = "myInvoice" Const MYKEY As String = "myInvoiceKey" Const MYLOCATION As String = "A1" Dim regValue As Long With ThisW...

Error number 0x80000003
Hello, Have XP Home Edition,Service Pack 3..I can only use safe mode to a limited degree..The Internet will freexe in short order...Getting to desktop a box will say MSASCui.exe application error 0x80000003..ISP told me I have spyware and malware..Any fix here short of using the Restore disk by wiping out the hard drive...Thanks,Nick NICK MEALE wrote: > Hello, > Have XP Home Edition,Service Pack 3..I can only use safe mode to a limited > degree..The Internet will freexe in short order...Getting to desktop a box > will say MSASCui.exe application error...

Duplicate Numbers
I want to have a column that can not have a number entered into it if that number exist in another cell in that column. Maybe you could use Data|Validation. Select your column (I used column E), then Data|validation Allow: Custom Formula: =COUNTIF(E:E,E1)<2 (E1 was my activecell.) Joe Newlin wrote: > > I want to have a column that can not have a number entered into it if that > number exist in another cell in that column. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Joe Here is some good stuff from Debra. From Debra Dalgleish If your order numbers are in column A, with a headi...

Unposted SOP without a Batch number
A Sales Transactions report from SmartList shows 4 orders with missing Batch number, Customer name, Customer ID, etc. These 4 orders show only their Status (Unposted) and the SOP number (ORD12345). Is there a way to get rid of them? Do you think these unposted orders in limbo may be affecting some of our our innacurate Item allocations? Thanks for your help. -- HECTOR CARDENAS Have you run the Reconcile Sales Docs utility, and checklinks on the Sales Work files? I would also run the Inventory Reconcile utility, which may help with the allocation errors. "NPS user" wrote: ...

Limitation in number of charts
A friend of mine has run into a problem when adding charts to a workbook. Right now he has about 60 charts in the workbook, and when he tries to add another one, he gets in error telling him, that he exceeds "the maiximum munber of FONTS in a workbook". He has enough memory so that is not the problem, and as far as I have been able to find, that is the only limitation concerning the number of charts (btw he needs about 350 charts in the workbook). The only other linitations I have found deals with limitations for a single chart. Does anyone know if the details in different charts a...

Numbers dont display or add up correctly in excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I type in 1000 and it divides all numbers by 100, 23 becomes 0,23. Then if I Sum a list of numbers it doesn't ad up coretly (even the wrong numbers don't add up) Excel doesn't work for me - although the product was provided (bundled) by Apple - apple won't support it - and neither will Microsoft so I end up with no-person to talk to - amazing. Any help from anyone would be appreciated. Thanks On 6/5/09 6:35 AM, in article 59b75f96.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Clive@officeformac.com" <Cli...

Number of Unread email in SPAM Folder incorrect
My corporate email is exchange. I have a SPAM filter set up to move all emails recognized as SPAM from the inbox to a folder called SPAM. At one point, my boss' SPAM surpassed 39,000 emails. I attempted to delete all of them at the same time. I think the system locked up in the middle of the delete. When the system restarted, the SPAM folder indicated 27,000+ emails still in the folder. However, none appear in the folder. My boss conitinues to let the folder accumulate SPAM. Periodically, I delete them for him. The problem is, the number indicated in blue and in parenthesis...

Exclude most recent record numbers
Hi Everyone, Using Access 2003. I have a query and I want to put criteria in my the ID field to not show the record numbers that are the most recent. For instance if my highest ID number is 450 I only want to show any records with an ID number 400 and below. As new records get added, my ID numbers will be higher so let's say tomorrow the highest ID number is 600, I want to only show records 550 and below. Thanks, Linda SELECT * FROM somewhere WHERE id < (SELECT MAX(id) FROM somewhere) should do. If you add a record, from this query, and if the new record becomes the n...

Format text field as number with +/-
I am using Word 2007. I inserted a text form field, using the legacy forms controls. Under properties for that field, I formatted it as Type: Number, and Number Format: 0.0 I want the field to display the number with the +/- sign (e.g., if I enter "1.5" it displays as "+1.5", and if I enter "-1.5" it displays as "-1.5"). Zero should be displayed as "0.0" I found information about using switches on Graham Mayor's site, but I couldn't get the switch to work as expected. This is what I tried: { FORMTEXT \# +0.0 } Than...

Numbering formate
I would like display baseball averages as three numbers with out a peroid. I formated the number as special by taking out the 0 from 0.386 to show .386, is there any way to have a number less that 1 be displayed as a whole number. Looking for 386. Thank you in advance. Hi Mike......... You can enter it as TEXT, by pre-formatting the cells as TEXT, or by typing a leading apostrople before the 386, Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Mike Busch" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1dcdc01c4546e$c3a85060$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I would like display ...

HDD Serial Number.
I want to find out the HDD Serial Number in my C++ Code. There seems to be a way using the WMI. But I donot (cannot) use it. I want to know if there is some C++, C or assembly code that can help me do this. Any help/suggestions would be very helpful and highly appreciated. Anwar. You can do this with GetVolumeInformation() Fariborz "Anwar Khan" wrote: > I want to find out the HDD Serial Number in my C++ Code. > There seems to be a way using the WMI. But I donot (cannot) use it. > > I want to know if there is some C++, C or assembly code that can help me do &g...

Can numbers be typed to automatically be negative in cells?
I am a new excel user. I am doing a basic spread sheet. I would like to have cells formated so that when I type in a number it automatically is negative and appears red. Is this possible. I have not been able to ask "help" correctly to find it. Thanks finn Not without resorting to some event code to turn the numbers negative. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:D100")) Is Nothing Then With Target If .Value <> "&qu...

Phone Numbers
Hi, I am trying to figure out why the Phone number field doesnt get populated in the Phone Call Activity for an oppertunity. I guess this is because there is no Phone Number on the oppertunity form. Am I right in thinking to make this work I need to add a phone call field and map it ? Ian ...

Counting number of days within a range.
Hi, I need to count the number of occurrences of any dates that fall between a specific range of dates. For example: find all the dates in a particular range and count the occurences from date1 to date2. Please help . Thanks, Chandana ------------------------------------------------ Message posted from the Excel Tip Forum at http://www.ExcelTip.com/forum/ -- View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelTip.com -- Hundreds of free MS Excel tips, tricks and solutions ------------------------------------------------ Chandana, With Column A containing the dates, Cell C2 contai...

I need to match all the Storage Numbers with the correct Item Number or Screen Number
Ineed a solution for this problem... I have an Excel Workbook that contains 3 Worksheets. Worksheet 1 contains "Storage Numbers" with the suffix FS. Worksheet 2 contains "Item Numbers" with the suffix CD. Worksheet 3 contains "Screen Numbers" with the suffix SS. The Storage Number without the FS will match an Item Number or Screen Number without the CD or SS I need to match the Storage Numbers with the correct Item Number or Screen Number. The Stroage Number on Worksheet 1 A1 do not correspond to an Item Number on Worksheet 2 A1, the match could be in any row ...

What does the number 1.26E-23 mean? Is it a large or small number
What does the number 1.26E-23 mean? Is it a large or small number Its a huge number. The E stands for exponetial and the 23 means 23 decimal places to the right. 126,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 "Tommy37" wrote: > What does the number 1.26E-23 mean? Is it a large or small number Or, maybe, 0.0000000000000000000000126 Micky "RonaldoOneNil" wrote: > Its a huge number. The E stands for exponetial and the 23 means 23 decimal > places to the right. > > 126,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 > > "Tommy37" wrote: > > ...

To display number in text format in cells
I have a sequence of digits like 5026555306553 I entered in a cell and when the cursor left the cell it displays as 5.02656E+12 How do I set the cell or the whole spreadsheet to display as text rather than this format? Change the cell format to either: Number Accounting or Currency. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Man T" <alanpltse_NOSPAM@yahoo.com.au> wrote in messag...

Invoice numbers lost sync
My invoice numbers seem to have lost sync with the number they should be. For example, my last created invoice yesterday was 4019. The first one I created today defaulted to 4015. This happens if I copy an invoice to create one or just use the New Invoice button. Money delux& Business 2003 version 11 running XP ...

Page Numbers Out Of Sequence
Greetings! I am trying to create a 5 1/2 x 8" booklet (8 1/2 x 11 landscaped, folded in half, printed duplex) containing 26 printed pages (9 sheets of paper). In order to get the pages to end up in sequential order, I need (using 2-page spread) to print page 2 with 20, 3 with 24, etc. I can set page numbers with master page and move them around to appear to have the correct number, but that backs them up to the wrong facing pages. If I keep the facing pages correctly, they get numbered sequentially, which means they'll be out of sequence when printed and folded. ...

number of spaces between numbers
I am wondering if there is a formula to show how often a number is listed. ie. List 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 2, 4, 3, 1, 1, 5, 2, 3 This would show 1: 8, 1 2: 4, 6 3: 5, 5 4: 3 5: 6 in other words show the space between when the number showed and the next time it showed. Thank you. I could even create a formula to show what row the number was found. ie. Row Number ----- --------- 100 1 101 2 102 3 103 2 104 3 105 1 Having the results show: 1: 100, 105 2: 101, 103 3: 102, 104 Any help would be appreciated. "David" wrote:...

Double Heading Section Numbers
In MS Word 2007, this happens in 2003 as well. When I try to copy and paste an updated version of a document into the old template, I get double section numbers for the headings. For example, 1.1 1.1 Introduction Is what it often looks like. I'm not sure why this happens or if there is an easy workaround after all the textual information in the document is correct. Thanks. ...

Dual Page Numbering
Hi, I have a template which has X of Y page numbering in the header of every page. At certain points throughout the document, users will insert a section break to begin a new section. These documents can contain any number of sections - there is no way for me to know in advance. Is there a way to have X of Y page numbering in every header, as well as M of N page numbering in the headers for each section? I've read through this: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Page_Numbering.htm However I'm looking for something with VBA code (ideally I'd like the users to select a ...

Number Incrimants..?
Hello all. I have developed a form in excel. One of the cells contains a number field that I would like to automatically increment each time it is printed. i.e... I type in the name field "Sprayberry BBQ" and in the number field I type "1" I then decide to print 500 copies. I like the number field to place 2, 3, 4, 5 etc in the 500 copies. Even if I have to place 1-500 in order to tell the program I want those numbers... Can this be accomplished? I've tried several things and I cannot get it to work. Any help? Thank-You Jorge I'd use a little macro that in...

Page Number Totals
When you are using page x of y in a footer and you are eliminating the page number on the first page, how do you elimiate it from calculating the total pages of the document? The "y" is using the first page to calculate the total number of pages. It is a template, so I don't want to hardcode the page number. I want it to autocalculate as the template is being used. Activate the header/footer view, for example by doubleclicking on the footer. Then press Alt+F9 to show field codes. Replace { NUMPAGES } with { = { NUMPAGES } - 1 }. To insert each pair of field delimit...

Continuous page numbering when printing whole book
Hello again, I want to be able to print all the sheets in a workbook, each sheet might print on one page or many pages, BUT... I want the first sheet to start numbering at 1 and then, if sheet one prints over three pages (numbered 1, 2 & 3), I want sheet two to be numbered starting at 4, etc... so the whole book will print as one document with consecutive page numbers from start to end. Is there a known way to do this? Thanks Michelle Try selecting all the sheets that you want to print and then printing. Click on the first tab and ctrl-click on subsequent tabs. Remember to un...