ATTN: Need to import data from access database, hosted on web.

This should be fun.

I can use the import data feature to get data into excel from a loca
access database,

But i need a central access dbase on the web, and when someone open
the excel workbook, it auto updates from the access dbase hosted on th
web server.

Im assuming this has something to to with the connection strings et
that i need to write, could anyone point me in the right direction o
post a solution,

many many thanks in advance.

Pau

web discussion server
I'm teaching myself Excel 2002 and I'm doing the workbook and it told me to go to online collaboration and click on tools for web discussion but my computer won't let me do it so what do I need to do to get this server. Please I need help! Thanks Marie ...

Column that needs separation
I am very new with excel and I am putting together a worksheet that has a column consisting of two primary names. I would like to format the entire column with the result being both names having their own color throughout the column. Alternatively, I could go to each row and highlight the name but there are about 1000 rows. Thanks, Aaron Say column A has entries like: James Ravenswood Run this small macro: Sub Colorizer() Dim A As Range, r As Range Set A = Intersect(ActiveSheet.UsedRange, Range("A:A")) For Each r In A v = r.Value s = Split(v, ...

CRM 3.0 Import
I have not found this but it was available in CRM v 1.2 - when you import leads, contacts, etc. and you then look to map fields, you had the ability to not import a certain data column - skip - if needed. Now in CRM v3.0 I find you have to select some data field to map it to if a column is present; therefore, having to have your import data file completely scrubbed of data you don't want to import. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" butt...

Attn: Chuck Davis
Please email me at bkvalheim@publishermvps.com -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Need old Money 3.0 software
I moved to a new PC and have been having fits with Microsoft Money 2003. My current files are in Money 3.0 (vintage 1994) but I can no find the original diskettes to reinstall until I finish making the transition. I have the manual, but cannot find the 3.5" diskettes. Seems there were two or three. I like to either download the software for a reinstall or get some replacement diskettes. One other option is if I could just figure out the right files to copy from the old Win 98SE machine to the new Win XP Pro machine. Any help greatly appreciated! Well, the first question is: why...

Need to add sales orders to the service area
I'm using sales orders as the primary entity for relating cases and I need to display Sales Orders in the Service area. The section of the Entity screen that I need to alter is greyed out. Can anyone tell me how to make this change? You have to change this is the sitemap XML. You can find this in the customizations export and edit it (after export). Or you can use this tool: http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/pages/TechnicalNet/MicrosoftCrm/CrmXmlEditor.aspx?id=20. All you need to do is move or copy the correct SubArea node from the sales to the service area. Note that items can exists...

Need Help "0N125415"
I have a column of 8 charecters just like the above one "0N125415". What should I do to convert the second Charecter into "0" Thanks a lot. Max, In another column use a formula like =LEFT(A1,1)&"0"&MID(A1,3,LEN(A1)) "Max" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D20B13F-BDDE-4704-B5AC-337648E23929@microsoft.com... > I have a column of 8 charecters just like the above one "0N125415". What should I do to convert the second Charecter into "0"? > > > Thanks a lot. How can I treat th...

How do I import .dat files into spreadsheet or txt format?
I am using Vista and I tried to import this file into word, and Excel and Access with no luck. ...

How do you access a public variable from another class?
I have a public variable which I declare in the myapp.h file: public: CSystemTray m_TrayIcon; I use it just fine in myapp.cpp but I want to access it from another class. I don't want to create a new instance of the class I want a handle or a pointer to the original instance which gets fired off in BOOL cmyapp::InitInstance(). How do you do this? I've include myapp.h in the .cpp file that i am trying to use it in. I've tried: myapp::m_TrayIcon (it says i don't have access to protected member? It's public) myapp* app; app->mymethod (that is stupid since it's a nu...

Help needed. Word question about segmented line..
I'm typing a manuscript. Somehow I must have pressed something wrong because I've gotten a segmented line after a number of paragraghs that I can't delete. They just shift up and down. Does anyone know how this happened and how to get rid of these lines? Thanks. Look up "borders" in the Word help. What you have is a paragraph border. The Help explains how to remove it. "How it happened" is probably due to Tools>AutoCorrect>Autoformat as you type." Look that up in the help too. The AutoFormat dialog is in three sections: I recommend turning OFF...

I really need help
This just started yesturday. We have Exchange 2003 and it has been running for 2 years. This only happens to internal users as well. All external email is being recieved. If I send an email to a local user using there full email address eg. daniel.kaliel@jjbedmonton.com, I get the bounce message below. However if I send the email to the same person, but select them out of the global address catalog instead of typing in the address. They get the email. I don't know why our emails are being bounced if they include the domain name. Here is the bounce message..... The following...

refreshing random generated data
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I've made a program to randomly generate a 3-variable selection from 3 separate unrelated columns of data, but the only way I can find to refresh the table and get a new set of random variables is to change something in the database. The easiest way I've found to do this is to simply click on the border between the row or column labels (which would resize the columns if I click/drag to the new width), and it works fairly well but my professor saw me using it, gave me props, and asked for a copy. I'd lik...

Export data in XML through Web Services
I have a WebMethod that retrive data from a DB and I want to return this data in a XML format. I try to do with the TextWriter class but I wasn't able to do, because I didn't found any example thet explain how to use the Stream attribute. Can I use the TextWriter or I have to use the XmlDocument class? Thanks in advance -------------------------------------------- Massimo Rizzotto -------------------------------------------- can you show us the code now, and show us what you are getting on the wire and show us what you would like to get on the wire? This article http://www.15secon...

Need Money #2
You need fast money?????, visit http://dinero4ever.blogspot.com Now!!! ...

New Disk
Hi I have just installed a new disk as a primary disk and installed winxp pro and office pro on it. I have then hooked my old disk up as a slave and wanted to copy my outlook data file onto my new disk. The problem is I can't find any .pst files. So my question is where would my outlook file be and what will it be called ? Thanks ...

Authentication header for Web Service
I have developed a web service supporting SOAP 1.1, SOAP 1.2 and POST content types with custom authentication. Only SOAP 1.1 and SOAP 1.2 supporting custom authentication. How do I add custom headers to POST ... how the end user pass value to these headers? Thank you Regards Raj ...

Have the need to sort text code-values within same Excel cell
Got column with thousands of cells containg different codes, e.g., cell P357 --> {X, A, B2, T83, M19}; cell P425 --> {T83, A, X, M19, B2}, etc ... Need a way to sort these individual cells in a similar order so I can aggregate the number of cells containing the same set of codes/values ... I am somehow familiar with the basic Excel functionality but above situation is really challenging me ! Thanks in advance .. Say each of the cells in column A contains a list of 5 codes separated by commas. First copy column A into columns B, C, D, and E. Next set and Au...

Need formula to locate and validate specific text from a string
Hi, I have the following sample data in column A. germany (testing) Germany (cold) Germany Austria (Testing) Austria (cold) Austria (working) Austria (other) China China (alternate) In column B, I want it to show that if the cell to the left has any of the words 'testing' or 'cold' or 'working' it should show "yes" in Column B else show "no". Is this possible? Regards, Vinstream Hello, Try; =IF(OR(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("testing",A1)),ISNUMBER(SEARCH("cold",A1)),ISNUMBER(SEARCH("working&qu...

need software solution
I am trying to print many different file types automatically, but I cannot do so because of the different file types. I need some sort of "distiller" to turn these files into one printable file type, ie PTF. There are going to be Word, Exel, Internet Explorer, and other different file types need to be "distilled" into a common file type to print automatically. I don't know if this type of software even exsists, but if anyone can push me in the right direction, I would much appreciate it. Thanks, Joe ...

List Box
I am stumped and need some assistance - PLEASE. New to List Boxes. I have created two unbound list boxes on an unbound form to use as criteria for a report. Both list boxes (lboxCategory and lboxSupplier) have two fields CategoryID and Category and SupplierID and Supplier sorting ascending on latter fields. The Multi-Select property is set to Extended. I have a command button cmdPreview that I would like to use to preview the report after selections are made. I will select two or more choices from each list box at a time. Can anyone get me started with the code I need to make this h...

Pivot tables merging data on two sheets (Office 2007)
Hi, I have invoices sent on one worksheet and payments received on another. I'd like to do a Pivot table which would be capable of doing a summary of what each account owes. At the moment I do a pivot table on the invoices sheet and another pivot table on the payments sheet, then I copy and special paste as values these pivot tables together into another table, subtract one from the other and then I've got a nice summary of outstanding amounts for all accounts. Its a really messy way to go about doing it! Would it be possible to do one pivot table incorporating both sheets of data...

How do I change lowercase data to capped data?
I have a bunch of data that I typed in lowercases in lots of cells. What can I do to change the data to uppercase letters all at the same time? I don't want to have to retype the data. Thank you Hi, With "abcd" in A1, enter "=UPPER(A1)" in B1 - no quotes. - to get "ABCD." -- Ken Hudson "Monique" wrote: > I have a bunch of data that I typed in lowercases in lots of cells. What can > I do to change the data to uppercase letters all at the same time? I don't > want to have to retype the data. > > Thank you If you want ...

Which dictionary files are needed for which modules? #2
I'm looking at cutting down the number of dictionary files that GP loads for our users on startup. I have a listing of which modules we have registered and actually use, and I have a list of dictionary files (along with their associated report and form dictionaries). Does anyone have a mapping between the two? Some are obvious, but short of spending a week mapping out all of the menues and then removing the dictionaries one by one to see where everything is, I'm hoping someone (Microsoft maybe?) has a listing of which modules are in each dictionary. Thanks! ...

Need for relationships
Hi,What are the exact situations where relationships need to be defined? I had a db with around 15 tables with various relationships setup. I imported all the tables, queries and forms to another database, as suggested for security reasons. Now in the new database, none of the old relationships show on the screen. But all the queries and forms work fine as before.Question I am left with is are these queries working without the relationships in place? Then why did i need to create them in the old database?should i re create all the relationships again in the new database?Thanks for some en...

Paste from Access
When pasting an Access query results into an Excel worksheet the numbers are converted to text. The best work around seems to paste special as CSV. Is there a better solution? Debra Dalgleish posted a manual fix and a macro (from Jon Peltier): http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3F4D3D5B.3020101%40contextures.com Michael Wulk wrote: > > When pasting an Access query results into an Excel > worksheet the numbers are converted to text. The best > work around seems to paste special as CSV. Is there a > better solution? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com You can cont...