Attaching to secured Access data source via Excel

I have a password secured Access 97/2000 database that I'm
trying to attach to via Excel 97/2000 to make pivot tables,
but I can't use any of the database's objects as a data
source, at least no way that I'm aware. I'm assuming that's
caused by Access requiring me to be part of a particular
workgroup (system.mdw) and logged in as a certain user. Am
I correct in the assumption that attaching to an secured
Access data source is impossible in Excel?  (BTW, making
pivot tables using non-secured Access data sources is no
problem.)
0
anonymous (74717)

uuencoded attachment from mailx is embedded instead of attached
Since I applied the August 2004 version of the post ex2000 sp3 roll-up and the latest April Microsoft secuirty patches, when our unix mailx app sends mail to our Exchange 2k server, the uuencoded attachment is embedded in the body of the message instead of being received as an attachment. Being embedded in the message body turns it into unuseable garbage. We have not made any changes to the unix box, only the exchange box. Has anyone else experienced this problem or anyone know what the solution may be? Thanks ...

Using TaskDialogIndirect is Causing an Access Violation in MFC #6
When trying to use TaskDialogIndirect with a callback in MFC, the application performs an access violation in wincore.cpp on line 425. This is using VisualStudio 2005 SP1 with Vista updates. ...

Restricting access to public folder
I need to restrict access to all public folders for some new employees for a client. The client is using Exchanger Server 2003 SP2 on a Windows 2003 SBS server. Can you tell me how I can accomplish this? Jim Very good article, please read it. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Public-Folder-Improvements-Exchange-2003-Service-Pack-2.html Systems Administrator-Messaging, India "Jim Peterson" wrote: > I need to restrict access to all public folders for some new employees for a > client. The client is using Exchanger Server 2003 SP2 on a Windows 2003 SBS > server. Ca...

Printing

Merging data in two columns
I have been given a spreadsheet that contains contact information. Unfortunately it was vreated in such a way that the area code is in one column and the phone number is in the other. I would like to combine the two into a single column. I tried doing this via a formula but and it worked but the problem that I run into is that I would then like to copy and paste this information into another document. When I copy and paste I get the formula instead of the actual data. Anyone know a better way to go about this? I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Sub combinephonenum() mc = &qu...

Year-old graphs in Excel #2
Hi, I'm trying to view some graphs that were made in Excel a year ago. When I open a file, it's like looking at a blank page. The correct names are on the tabs, but the sheet is completely white. Any suggestions? Denise - That's what charts look like that don't have any data ranges assigned. Click on Source Data on the Chart menu. Is anything indicated there? Click on the series tabs. Are there any series in the list? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Denise wrote: &...

Attach a file in knowledge base
Hi all, Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doesn't make sense to only type it in or copy the text into the article. Thanks in advance, DK. I had the same problem and apparently this is not a feature in MS CRM 3.0. According to a CRM representative the answer is that you cannot attach a document to a knowledge base article. "DK" wrote: > Hi all, > > Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an > article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doe...

Attachment Read only
Hi, When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 Rgds Dear, It seems you are opening the attachment in OL Reading preview - Open the mail(double click on the mail) and then read the attachment. Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Jsingh" wrote: > Hi, > > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not > readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 > > Rgds > Jsingh, you wrote on Tue, 17 Jan 2006 01:03:02 -0800: > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually i...

exchange migration wizard
I am in the process of an Exchange 2003 email migration between 2 forest with an external trust that has been established. I would like to use the Exchange Server Migration tool, but on the screen where you pick the specific mailboxes to move, it gives me an error of "the data is invalid". The specified account does have Full exchange administrator rights. Manolo ...

Automaticly open attachment and print attachment
Hello, Is there a way to automaticly open a attachment and print it? I played with the rules wizard but there i can only get the message openend and printed. I use Outlook 2003 Thanks. You'll need a 3rd party utility. Look for solutions here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http:/...

Access denied when running Excel from DOS prompt with runas comman 04-21-10
Hi I executed the following command from the DOS prompt: runas /user:mypc.domain\dummyuser2 "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office\Excel.exe" I got the following prompt: Enter the password for mypc.domain\dummyuser2: After entering the password, I got the following messages: Attempting to start C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office\Excel.exe as user "mypc.domain\dummyuser2" ... RUNAS ERROR: Unable to run - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office\Excel....

Newbie question with Excel Hyperlinks
I know you can hyperlink to an image, but is there a way to change the software that opens the image.? Thanks in advance -- Greg Eshleman ETEMCO 1370 Arcadia Rd Lancaster, PA 17601 717-393-9653 EXT. 15 717-299-9430 FAX On Sep 12, 2:46 pm, "GE" <geshlema at etemco dot net> wrote: > I know you can hyperlink to an image, but is there a way to change the > software that opens the image.? > > Thanks in advance > > -- > Greg Eshleman > ETEMCO > 1370 Arcadia Rd > Lancaster, PA 17601 > 717-393-9653 EXT. 15 > 717-299-9430 FAX I think you wou...

cell fill colors in excel spreadsheet
Why can't I view cell fill colors in my excel 2002 spreadsheet? Hi do you have high contrast enabled? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Shane561" <Shane561@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C9142740-114B-4478-95B3-28D646203282@microsoft.com... > Why can't I view cell fill colors in my excel 2002 spreadsheet? If the high contrast setting is turned on you won't see the fill colour. There's information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Colour and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.micro...

Address ID Security
I am using GP 9 and I have manually set security. I have a user that enters POs and needs access to change the Bill to and Ship to address on the PO. What is the option that i need to select to give them access to this? Thanks, Jocelyn Company Addresses By Dictionary > Microsoft Dynamics GP > Forms > Company > Company Addresses Although I would reccomend reviewing whether you actually want the person who enters pos to have the ability to create\change addresses. "Why don't I just go ahead and have them ship it to my house..." Jason "Jocelyn" wr...

Oulook 2000 Blocking Attachments! Reposted
Hi ONG, I am running Ms-Outlook 2000 Service pack 3, on a Windows pro 2000 Service pack 4. Standalone machine. Recently my mail client has been blocking my email attachments, i have received two replies from the newsgroup describing Level1 security in Outlook, also a link to a site containing all the releative information regarding the subject. But no matter what i try Outlook still wont allow the access to the attachment. I created the new Key and the necessary String Value, i have even tried to use the ( . ) character before the file ext, also i have tried it without the ( .) character, no...

How to Find the Message that contained The Attachment of a Known File-Name.
Is there some way to search through a list of emails in Outlook 2003 to find the one that contains an attachment of a specific file name? I am often trying to track down the message that accompanied an attachment with a known file-name amongst thousands of messages in one mailbox. Regards, AndyH If attached to an Exchange server, I would, as an admin, use a utility server-side. From the client, I'm not sure Outlook can do it on its own. Hopefully, I'm wrong. Some of the desktop search applications have this functionality though. "AndyH" <andyh@triode.net.au&g...

OpenXML - Excel - .NET
Hi, I'm using OpnXML to manipulate an existing Excel file. I'm using Visual Studio 2005, and referencing the .NET framework 3, but I cannot use LINQ syntax, I have to navigate thru the structures by using loops. I have 3 questions: 1) Is there a better way to access cells in my case that LINQ is unavailable than looping? 2) When iterating thru the rows, and the cells in each row as below: For Each oRow As Spreadsheet.Row In oRows 'aCells is defined before, outside the loops. aCells = oRow.Descendants(Of Spreadsheet.Cell)() For Each oCell As Spr...

attachments do not forward
I want to forward e-mails which come to me with attachments. I want these attachments to forward along with the message and they do not. How can I make this happen? Is there a setting to enable this? ...

Access 2003
I maintain an equipment inventory database in Access 2003 with just a handful of tables and several regular queries. Each piece of equipment has a unique 6-digit asset tag, and that field is the primary key. No two records can have the same asset tag. Periodically equipment gets replaced, and I am looking for a way to do the following when replacing multiple pieces of equipment. 1. Multiple asset tags would be entered into a form or table. Their corresponding records would be found in TABLE-1 2. Certain fields of the records found would be appended to TABLE-2 showing them as having been repla...

Editing attachments in Outlook XP
If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in the email? Has anyone ever seen it not save the edits at all? It may be in a secure folder under the Temporary Internet Folder as per http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296115 "DonnaC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052d01c3be9b$44ebd3a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make > edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in > the email? > Has anyone ever seen it...

Copy Excel Sheet into word
Someone needs an excel sheet copied into Word. I tried File, Insert, but that doesn't seem to work. Not even sure if this is the proper way to do this. (I'm getting Word cannot start the converter Exel32.cnv) Helpful hints anyone? Thank you! Let me clarify. The Excel sheets needs to be copied into a multi-page Word document, to become part of that text document. "Littlebear" wrote: > Someone needs an excel sheet copied into Word. > > I tried File, Insert, but that doesn't seem to work. Not even sure if this > is the proper way to do this. (I'...

Deny access to Credit memos
Is there a way to block certain individuals access to credit memos in the AP module? If not, is there a way to only have credit memos (no other AP transaction) not post through without approval? Thanks! ...

Excel View
When I am using Excel I can not see my fill colors in Normal View. I can hit print preview and see the fill colors and the doc will print correctly, however I would like to see my fill colors as I am creating my spreadsheet. How do I get the program to do this? Check this out................ http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=833258 The fill color, the fill pattern, or the line color of a WordArt or AutoShape object in an Office document does not change As directed, change the High Contrast setting in Windows OS for users' profiles. Gord Dibben MS Exce...

attachments.......
Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. Thanks, Crank down the internal message size limits to a value that makes sense to you. On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:03:07 -0500, "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I >am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. > > >Thanks, > > ...

Norton Internet Security 2006 and CRM 3.0 oulook Client
Hiya All, I'm new to the group and this is my first post - so please let me know if I vae inadvertently breached the group's etiquette. I run a Small Business Server 2003 with CRM 3.0 and Exchange - patched to SBS sp1. I have a problem with a rougue Outlook client .. this particular client runs Norton's Internet Security 2006. This box was also recently rebuilt completely with XP SP2. When Norton's is running, http://crm and http://companyweb is unavailable - Explorer window disappears completely. IP address of SBS box is added to nortons as an "Allowed" IP. This i...