Attaching to secured Access data source via Excel

I have a password secured Access 97/2000 database that I'm
trying to attach to via Excel 97/2000 to make pivot tables,
but I can't use any of the database's objects as a data
source, at least no way that I'm aware. I'm assuming that's
caused by Access requiring me to be part of a particular
workgroup (system.mdw) and logged in as a certain user. Am
I correct in the assumption that attaching to an secured
Access data source is impossible in Excel?  (BTW, making
pivot tables using non-secured Access data sources is no
problem.)
0
anonymous (74721)

attachment dowloads
I am using xp and outlook 2003. I am unable to show .jpg or .gif files in the body of the email. Is this a problem with Outlook or with me? Bruce & Marg <bridger61@sympatico.ca> wrote: > I am using xp and outlook 2003. I am unable to show .jpg or .gif > files in the body of the email. Is this a problem with Outlook or > with me? No need to ask more than once. -- Brian Tillman ...

Received attachments all have .TXT
I have been using Outlook 98 under Windows 98SE for several years without problems. I recently bought a new computer. I installed Windows XP Pro and then installed all of my other software, including Outlook 98. Ever since I put Outlook 98 on the new system I have been experiencing a problem I haven't been able to resolve. On every e-mail I receive that has an attachment, the attachment shows up with a .TXT extension regardless of the program that generated it. The orginating program's extension is there (such as .doc or .pdf) but an additional .txt extension is appended...

External data references in EXCEL 2002
I want to remove all references to external data (ODBC link to SQL server) from my workbook. I have deleted the columns that contained the data, yet the named ranges are still showing in the properties page. How do I remove all the references? This also invokes XLQUERY.XLA macro. ...

Problem with login and passwrd when linking to Access DB
I am linking to an Access 2000 database from Excel 2002 (using the External Data functionality). When I update my Access table, I should be able ot click the Refresh icon in Excel and have it update. This used to work fine. Then I did not use it for a few months. I just updated my Access table and in Excel click the Refresh icon, and get a message that the database is not in the correct folder (which it is). If I click OK I can locate the database again (ie go to the same locaion on my hard drive, all fiels are local) and then I get a login dialog, requiring a login and password. The...

Sort access objects by create date
Is there a way to sort objects in Access 2007 by either the date created or modified? -- Shawn ...

Transposing data
Howdy All, I receive some prospecting data in a format where: Column A Odds rows contain client name: John Q. Public Even rows contain salesman name: Assigned to Alfred E. Newman Column B Odds rows contain location information: Northeast Even rows contain various data to be deleted. What I want to have as an end results would be: Column A Only client name Column B Only salesman name Column C Location information I need to: 1) Leave data in Column A odds rows 2) transpose data from Column A even rows to Column B 3) delete data in even rows in column B 4) transpose data from Column B ...

How do I get rid of this black box in my Excel charts?
I keep getting this crazy black box on my Excel charts. Distorts the chart, then jumps from one to another. Cannot get rid of it and it's driving me crazy! Help! On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 17:10:11 +0000, Margi wrote (in article <D1D4C9A9-1A0F-46E3-8816-FFDD5F6F9757@microsoft.com>): > I keep getting this crazy black box on my Excel charts. Distorts the chart, > then jumps from one to another. Cannot get rid of it and it's driving me > crazy! Help! Why in Hades do we get Excel posts in here?! Outlook posts I can sort of understand, being that O comes directly before...

Tracking Attachment File Names #2
Tracking Attachment File Names I posted the following to this group in May last year but didn't get a nibble. I'll try again in the hope that someone has crossed a bridge or two in the mean time: Why is Outlook 2003 so reluctant to expose details of attachments to the user? I would like to be able to search for, view, and print a report that targets the file names of attachments. The attachment file name only appears on a printed message if the message is formatted as plain text. Even then, the file name is only fully displayed if it is not too long to fit in the space allocated. ...

Deleting e-mail attachments
How do I delete attachments from my e-mails in Windows Mail? It's real easy in Lotus Notes. Basically, you don't. One workaround is to click Reply, then resave the = message, but the headers will be changed. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Bernie " <bmpasternack@att.net> wrote in message = news:eA0hK9w8KHA.4600@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How do I delete attachments from my e-mails in Windows Mail? It's = real easy=20 > in Lotus Notes.=20 > You would have to save...

chart displaying horizontal line for zero data
Hello, I am using a column chart in Excel. The chart is currently displaying a horizontal line when there are zeros for the data. It is working as it was designed to do... however I would like to make the graph not display a line when there is all zero data. Is there an easy way to fix this problem? Thanks Pseud In place of zeros use =NA() This displays as #N/A and these points are ignored by chart best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email <pseudonym@1NET.gr> wrote in message news:1107198704.841502.289510@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com.....

losing attachments
When sending a file-as an attachment to an outlook email-to a client the client gets the e-mail with no attachment. This client is the only person this happens to. Other people with in my workgroup and domain can send to her with out issue. I've checked the firewall, the virus protection software, and the outlook application but can not find anything wrong. For what its worth I am using office 200 on a winxp pro box connecting to the internet on a fractional T1 line. GMW and the recipient is using what mail client? the reason that I ask is that if you are sending in Rich Text Form...

attachments won't attach
Since I downloaded SP2, attachments show up as an icon in the body of the email, not below the subject line. When the mail is received there is no attachment. ...

Extra data plotted on chart
I am charting (using Office EXCEL 2003) data from Jan05 to Sept07 on my x-axis. The resulting chart adds additional data to oct, nov and dec 2007. I have no idea where it comes from because my charting data ends at Sept 07. I did a copy/paste special from a pivot chart to see if that fixes it but it doesn't. Any ideas welcome! dan Click on the extra series in the chart. The series formula should tell you where it got the data. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Dan&qu...

Can not access my account from another computer
when trying to use portfolio manager it does not show my accounts, just a few generic indexes. I use money plus and have gone through all the settings to try to find a way to enable this feature but no luck. It appears that Money Plus does not upload any data, anyone have any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, arjanbok@gmail.com wrote: >when trying to use portfolio manager it does not show my accounts, >just a few generic indexes. I use money plus and have gone through all >the settings to try to find a way to enable this feature but no luck. >It appears that Money Plus does not...

excel time calculation
I have a cell (E9) that has calculated the hours worked 'D9-C9(D9>C9)' and an adjacent cell (F9) to convert this to decimal ('E9*24'). If there is no entry in C9 and D9, F9 reads '-24'. How do I correct this to show 0.00? John Smith wrote: > I have a cell (E9) that has calculated the hours worked 'D9-C9(D9>C9)' > and an adjacent cell (F9) to convert this to decimal ('E9*24'). If > there is no entry in C9 and D9, F9 reads '-24'. How do I correct this > to show 0.00? To do the entire job in one column: =IF(C9<D9,(D...

need to save multi lingual content from an Excel file to a CSV fil
need to save multi lingual content from an Excel file to a CSV file. But it is erroring out. Help! ...

OWA attachments #6
Hi- We have Exchange 2k3 SP2. When opening an attachment in OWA, a pop up window appears asking for authentication again. This issue doesn't happen if the attachment is a .pdf (it just opens), it only seems to happen w/ Word or Excel docs. Any ideas? Thanks! Hi, pls see this kb http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839948/en-us -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Glen" <Glen@discussions.microsoft.com> ���g��l��s�D:0DFF4A5E-5455-4ED9-8531-29C3C8E7FBFD@microsoft.com... > Hi- > > We have Exchange 2k3 SP2. When opening an attachment in OWA, a pop up > window > appears asking ...

Entering DATEs in EXCEL should not require use of "/" slashes.
When entering a date INTO A CELL FORMATTED FOR DATES, one ought to be able to simply enter 09122005 (or 091205) instead of being required to enter 09/12/2005 (or 09/12/05). As long as the cell is properly formatted, the figures entered should be accepted as being the numbers for a date in that format. (This should work, for example, in the same way as data entered into a cell which is formatted for percentages: The program reads the data entered, and re-formats it.) This should not work if the cell was NOT formatted for dates, of course, so that numbers can be entered as text ...

How can I "undo" an entry on a form/subform while still entering data ? 11-16-07
Hi I have a form/subform for entering invoice data. What can I do if I realize that I have already entered the invoice ? Example: I enter the main form data and enter 5 lines of detail on the subform and then I realize that I have already entered this invoice before ? I would love to have a button that I could click that "undoes" the entire entry. Is there a way to do this ? Thanks in advance Mark Thornblad When you enter the main form record, and move into the subform to enter the line items, the header record saves into its table. Consequently you can't just "und...

Outlook Express Attachments
I can receive attachments and see then on incoming emails, but can't click to open or save. Anyone had this problem? Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express After You Install SP1 http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329570 OLEXP: Using Virus Protection Features in OLEXP 6 (OE removed access to the unsafe attachments in your email) http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291387 The articles will tell you to go to 'Tools|Options|Security' and remove the checkmark from the fourth box down, the one labeled "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potential...

How do I import data from RightFax into an Excel spreadsheet?
I am trying to import data from RightFax into Excel. Any ideas? Thank-you! What is rightFax and can you save the file in RightFax as a text file? Then you can import that text file. Otherwise, send me the file and I will see if I can create a code to import it. See my Excel demos at http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway - -Mark "Barbie" wrote: > I am trying to import data from RightFax into Excel. Any ideas? > > Thank-you! ...

Importing Excel data into Access?
Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table I can simply copy and paste but it is not that easy when doing from Excel to Access! I downloaded this manual from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Access2003Intro.pdf but couldn't find this topic If anyone knows please let me know! Cheers Raj Hello, there are plenty of sources. e.g.: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102722321033 Stefan. "Rajeev Rawat" wrote: > Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table &g...

Sendig e-mails with attachments erros out
Running Office Xp. Whe I try to send a new e-mail with a few Excel attachments to several people I get an error message and can't send the e-mail. I have to copy from the e-mail to a new message then I'm able to send. Nay clue? I have seen this several times and onlyy with Excel as the attachments. Thanks, Jay Gonzalez And what is the error? -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Save Embedded Pictures in Their Original Format -Create an Office XP CD slipstrea...

Error [0x80070057-00000000-00000000] via meeting request
Error: *** on 11/3/2006 12:05 PM This message could not be sent. Try sending the message again later, or contact your network administrator. Error is [0x80070057-00000000-00000000]. Two possible solutions: 1. Run Outlook with a '/CleanProfile' switch. 2. Ensure user is not using cached e-mail addresses, use the GAL. worked for me... cheers, Sean ...

Outloook Attachments
In outlook 2003 I am not able to save an attachment that I made changes to without creating a new name. In older versions I simply saved changes in the file that was attached to the message. The help section says to 1)On the Tools menu, click Options. 2)Click Security. 3)Select the Read-only recommended check box, and then click OK. 4)Click Save. But the check box is not present. Is there a way to make an attached file not read only so I can save changes and keep the changed file attached to the message. ...