as400<iSeries db<ntWS<macro<excel tools

i have an inventory of appx 1000 serial numbers. using keystroke recording, i
can populate 2 - 6 fields on 4 green screens to complete a process on one
serial number. is there a way to tweak my macro to incrementally continue,
automatically, from a list stored in an excel workbook on the client?  would
be very grateful for fresh ideas.
0
ayeFayze (1)

Show us your macro and some data details.

--

HTH

RP

"ayeFayze" <ayeFayze@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i have an inventory of appx 1000 serial numbers. using keystroke
recording, i
> can populate 2 - 6 fields on 4 green screens to complete a process on one
> serial number. is there a way to tweak my macro to incrementally continue,
> automatically, from a list stored in an excel workbook on the client?
would
> be very grateful for fresh ideas.

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

as400<iSeries db<ntWS<macro<excel tools
i have an inventory of appx 1000 serial numbers. using keystroke recording, i can populate 2 - 6 fields on 4 green screens to complete a process on one serial number. is there a way to tweak my macro to incrementally continue, automatically, from a list stored in an excel workbook on the client? would be very grateful for fresh ideas. Show us your macro and some data details. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ayeFayze" <ayeFayze@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7688E31B-F5AD-491F-A9E8-9B03AA0168D6@microsoft.com... ...

stopping the link of macros in one workbook with every other exce.

Excel 2007 macro with WordArt
inserting wordart via macro in excel 2003 does not happen in excel 2007. also can't get shapes or pictures inserted via macro. is is security? please help ...

Macro Toolbar
Hello: I use Excel 2003 in XP I can't get the macro toolbar to become visible when I am recording a macro. I have right clicked on the top and cannot find the toolbar in the list. I want to use the option on this toolbar to set the range as relative instead of absolute. If I cannot get this toolbar to appear is there another way to set that? I am just starting out in the VBA Editor so am not quite sure what line or command to take out to achieve this. Thank You for Your Help Sue, Run this little macro. Sub MakeToolbarVisible() With Application.CommandBars("Stop Recordin...

Macros disabled in my Microsft off xp outlook (RM)
Help anyone: I get an error after I close my MSOutlook 2002 after installing the office XP 2002. I am running windows NT. This is the error "the instruction at 0x602813cb referenced memory at 0x602813cb. the memory could not be read" Can you anyone help and let me know why I am getting it! Thanks, Hybrid ...

where excel opens a workbook
I have some documentation in an excel workbook. Each worksheet contain information. I have several users who can edit the information. Whe they save the file it opens in the condition they had it in when the saved. Is there a way to force all sheets to location A1 and open to certain worksheet each time -- mikegosp ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikegospo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=338 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27162 Hi only with a macro. That is insert...

About Excel VBA
Hello: Is there some important differences in the Visual Basic of Excel 2003 and Excel 2007? If I practice VBA in Excel 2003, could I have problems to do the same applications in Excel 2007? -- Miguel M. Yal�n http://mmyv.com Should be relatively transparent, like 99.9% or better (I made up these numbers) "Miguel" <responderalgrupo@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:78m72gF1mdo1sU2@mid.individual.net... > Hello: > > Is there some important differences in the Visual Basic of Excel 2003 and > Excel 2007? > > If I practice VBA in Excel 2003, could ...

Is it possible to create a histogram from data in excel?
Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to create a histogram from data in excel. I have approx. 30000 values in a column that varies from 0,001030093 to 276,9992477. It would be great if I could get a bar chart with like 5 bars where each bar shows the number of values within a particular range for example 0-2, 2-4,4-10, 10-100,100-300. I've tried to use the program Minitab but I cant seam to get it right. OK, I fixed it. VBA toolpak, histogram... ...

SQL Server Express db size
I have a small business client that is running SBS 2003. One app they are running on the server is MS BCM, Business Contact Manager. It uses SQL SE for its database. The server has started registering errors 1827 and 1105 from source MSSQL$MSSMLBIZ indicating the db has reached its licensed limit of 4GB. Can anyone provide some help in how to correct this situation? Disk space does not seem to be the issue since there are 327GB free. JL You have 2 alternatives: 1) Free up space inside the database so that you are not using more than 4GB 2) Upgrade to a retail ver...

Excel 2007 Help Button
When I press the Help button in Excel I get a return message that says "There are no help topics to match your request". All I want to do is explore the Help section to learn more about Excel. Where do I enable the Help Section? Hello: Try to use the F1/help buttons when nothing is selected. -- Hope this helps Martin Fishlock, www.nyfconsultants.com, Wolverhampton, UK Please do not forget to rate this reply. "l_croft1" wrote: > When I press the Help button in Excel I get a return message that says "There > are no help topics to match your request"...

Macros in excel 2000 #3
I have a macro which i need to use on different spreadsheets where the data is of various lengths. I need to get the macro to go to one cell below the last active cell in a column. I have made the macro work for the first sheet where there are 1101 rows. This is what the part of the macro looks like, i need the cell values replaced with the code to go to the last active cell in row I and J and then move down one- Range("I1102").Value = "Over Two Days" Range("I1103").Value = "Under Two Days" Range("J1102").FormulaR1C1 = "=COUNTIF(R...

AS400 transfer into Excel 07
When I run the "transfer from AS400" I get to the final process where its pulling the data into excel, excel crashes with a fatal error. Any help.... This is the same issue I am having. see KB933666. I installed Office 2003 service Pack 3 on all my office machines and the new service pack features security fixes that block all *.wk4 files. This is the same patch that has been applied to Office 2007. This is the format, I think your are exporting out of the AS400. If it is, I would uninstall office 2007, make sure the folder is deleted then reinstall Office 2007 after a reb...

Color Picker in Excel
Hi All, I will appreciate if someone can guide me to do a color picker using VBA in excel. I need to display the 57 colors of the palette and get the color index returned to put that value in a cell. A simple box with colors to do this using userform on xl's inbuilt dialog will be fine. Looking forward to all your help ! Thanx and regds Shuvro '-----------------------------�------------------------------�-------------- -- Function GetColorindex(Optional Text As Boolean = False) As Long '-----------------------------�------------------------------�-------------- -- Dim rngCurr...

Confused over new db
I am in the process of creating a db for a project, I have been given several forms (paper forms that folks will be using to ask patients questions) that need to be created which is whats confusing me. I know how to create access forms, but I'm confused on how I should build my tables. I know I will have a patient name, #, address, etc. - this is the easy part. Then looking at the forms (about 5 forms) these all ask different questions, here's an example: Discharge Disposition (check one of the options below) Home Rehab Skilled Nursing Ok this one I get, just cr...

Error message when using Excel on Terminal Server
Hi, We have been using Excel 2003 on a Windows 2003 Terminal server for about a year with no problems until yesterday. Now when we open Excel we get a message that says "C:\documents and sattings\administrator.rco1\application data\microsoft\addins\c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\geography\mpoai9.dll is not a valid office addin". We click ok and excel opens fine. I think it is because we deleted some mapping software that must have tied into excel. It has not been a problem but we want it to go away because it is preventing us from exporting things from oth...

Excell can not access
Hi Very important accounting(which is 26 KB only) excel file is not allowing me to open the file. I may encrypted this worksheet and immediately turned into green colour, 6 months later i reinstalled windows XP pro but this time iwhen i try to open First dialog box show that : Excel cannot access "file name". The document may be read-only or encrypted. Then second dialog box show up : Cannot access "file name"..... i tried openoffice.org but didnt solve the problem.I never used any password for this file. I think this excel file ,when i choose the option to encrypt ...

New Version Excel 2003 related question
I have MS office 2000 at home and Ms office 2003 at Office. Can I bring my XLS file and use on Excel 2003 and after editing save or creating new file, I can open them on Excel 2000. Please advise. Regards. Irshad I have Office 97 and Office 2003 on the same PC at work, and office 2000 at home and frequently travel files (up to 100 worksheets per workbook) between the 3, to date I have not had a problem, but am aware that some features of the later editions may not revert back correctly to the '97 version. To date I have not encountered any. Irshad Alam Wrote: > I have MS of...

how do i mail a macro in my personnel macro workbook
i have a lot of macros that i want to email to other people in my company. the macros are all in my personnel workbook. How do i email them? If you have macros that you want to make available to others, then put them into a workbook, but don't save it as personal.xls (or personal.xla). You can only have one workbook open that has the name of personal.xls and if any in your audience is already using personal.xls for their own stuff, it'll cause heartache and pain. They'll have to decide to keep yours or keep their own. Instead, you can use a different name (LeoUtils.xla, save...

Macro to grab email address and open Outlook
Hi there I am trying to write a simple macro to be able to send an email based on an emai address in a form. tblAgency Details has a field EmailAddress (data type is text) I have a Command Button on a form frmAdd Agency Details to run a macro. Macro name is SendEmail - Action is only SendObject There are only two items in the Action Arguments To: =[EmailAddress] Edit Message: Yes (I only want Outlook to load with the email address) So far it does not work. When I have a field for a Web Address and the data type is a hyperlink that works well for me...

Cannot edit EXCEL Document
I'm reposting this question with a more precise subject . . . I've upgraded 15 locations to IE 8.0. At one of the sites, upon trying to edit a file in Excel, I get the message "Edit Document" requires a Windows SharePoint Services-compatible application and IE 6.0 or greater". I'm running 8.0 and Excel 2003 is running like at my other sites. I did not get any "run Active X" bars that I failed to click on. I cleared the cache and rebooted the computer. Any ideas on what I should do? Does Microsoft have a telephone number for support that I ca...

Excel Resolution Bug/Problem/Virus
I just started at a new job, and everytime I start up excel, go to exce help, or go to tools-customize, the display resolution is changed t 800x600. Whenever I close the program things return to normal. Anybod got any idea what my problem might be -- d1sc0r ----------------------------------------------------------------------- d1sc0rd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1481 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26441 Never heard of that one. It's probably not the answer but if the DPI setting under the Windows ...

Getting vba Macros to work again in Word 2004 for Mac
The macros I wrote myself for my work as a translator quit working in office 2004 - trying to open or run them causes Word to shut down. Reinstalling did not help. SOOO I bought Word for Mac 2008, only to learn that VBA macros are not supported in that version. 1. Are there any patches or fixes out there for Word for Mac 2004? Can I download something? 2. Or - when will Word for Mac 2010-11 be out, and will it include support for VBA Macros? 3. Or is there another solution you recommend? I wrote about 30 Macros, each of them with more than 50 commands. It's hard to...

How to identify an open excel file?
I have an array set up to cycle through a DoCmd.RunSql command that dumps to an excel file on my network. Ideally, I want it to over write the existing file. If somebody is currently in that file however, my entire process freezes. Is there any way to identify if a file is open, and if it is, skip the output for that file and move on to the next one. Example: I have a file that outputs detail to four files. Texas.xls Oklahoma.xls Arkansas.xls Louisiana.xls My array would output the data in the above order. If someone happens to be in the Oklahoma.xls file, I want to ski...

53E00 DISPLAYED IN EXCEL
Hello. Does anyone know why when we key in 5E300 into spreadsheets it shows as 5.00E+300? similarly this happens with 1E300, 2E300, 3E300 etc but not with 5C300 or other letters. 5E100 shows as 5.00E+100. It seems that it's the E here causing the problem as when other numbers are used the data is displayed as typed. This is a code we use at work by the way and although I can get round it by using the ' key at the start I'm curious. any ideas? thanks Cath, The "E" character indicates to Excel that the number is in scientific notation. So 5E300 represents 5 * 1...

Baseline Work Value resets to NULL in Reporting DB
Hi All, We recently noticed that our planned burn values were null in our Trended Burn reports and after investigating some work plans noticed that some resources had zero baseline work on the summary row. This is what led us down this track of investigation. Upon further testing from our side we believe we have uncovered the issue. This is what we have found: After baselining and publishing the work plan everything is fine. Next the PM enters some actual hours (timephased) for an assignment and saves and publishes. Now the assignment work is rest to NULL in the Reporting da...