Are there limitations to OLAP in Excel?

When creating a pivot table based on a Cube in Analysis Services, everything
appears to work until I add a fourth dimension to the pivot table.  Once I do
that, I get a message that says "Running OLAP Query" for a bit, and then all
of my fields come back blank.

Any ideas?  There are no error messages prodcued, so I am a little stumped.
0
ChrisK (7)

File Size Limit??
Hi, Can anyone tell me if there is a limit to the file size of an Excel 2000 document. We've got a guy here who has a 63Mb spreadsheet, and keeps wondering why he's getting "Out of memory" messages every time he opens it. I've put an extra 512Mb in his PC, but he's still getting lock-ups. He's convinced that there are no limits to the size of the file, but I'm pretty certain that there is... Anyone help? Thanks, Jon. The limit is memory. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Excel 2007 unrecognized file format in Excel 2003
2007 & 2003 Note to the file - so to speak: Even if one changes Excel 2007's default file SaveAs format, when 2007 closes, it saves files like Personal.xls as a 2007 file format without the new extension .xlsx My point, I still must save files in 2003 for other's who do not have 2007. If I copy Personal.xls in the Excel StartUp Directory to a 2003 platform, Excel 2003 does not recognize the file format. (The file size is about 50% of the original 2003 file size - which is a strong hint that the file is in the new XML format) Therefore, I created a macro to save Personal.xls i...

Excel #68
Can anybody please advise, how would I show a popup warning box in an Excel 2000 spreadsheet, if the totals cell reaches a particular figure, this box would also show a message. I would appreciate any advice. Regards, Belinda One way: Assume the total cell is A21, and your "particular figure" is 100. Select your input cells to the total cell (e.g., A1:A20). Choose Data/Validation, select Custom from the dropdown, and enter =$A$21<=100 Select the Error Message tab and enter your message. In article <ccobbp$9hn$1@hercules.btinternet.com>, "Belind...

Limits
I am doing a fairly easy programme on excel. It is a catchment runoff, and evaporation calculator. But i would like to place a limit on a cell, and have that exess go into another column, is this possible? EG 75 rainfall, soil can hold only 10mm more. SO 10mm INFILTRATES, ie that cell should have a limit of the max soil moisutre, the other 65mm RUNOFF's and thats a different column. ANYBODY PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!!!! lol You need a Workbook_Change event macro for that. The code you would write in that macro should first check that the change occurred in a cell within the range you want. ...

2008 R2 dpm 2007 setup: SIS-Limited not found?
I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. Any ideas what i need to do to get past this? Thanks It turns out you just need to add the file services role in r2, dont need the manual command.. "markm75g" wrote: > I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via > ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart > > but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. ...

Help! IF function is too limited
Hi! I've created a drop-down list of cities in a cell, under which there are two more cells to be filled out with the address and zip codes corresponding to each of the cities. How can I do this, knowing that the original list is a three-column list made of city-address-zip? -- Ringo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ringo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27502 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470178 Use VLOOKUP into the original; list using the DV value =VLOOKUP(B...

Excel to word.
Can anyone help.....I want to create a Invioce within word that would calculate above fields and and add Tax and finally give the gross figure. Same as you would achieve withon Excel. I do not want toinsert a table as I feel this would be confusing to the user. Is there a field that I can insert that would do the calculation for me in the same way I would do in Excel. Regards Cheryl Hi MS Word does support some calculated fiels but I'd suggest you post this question to the MS Word newsgroup :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Q: Rules limit
There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298) Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users? For me already three users have addressed with such requests :- Thanks Alexander Kenin This is not a configurable limit. It's limited by the size of one RPC packet. "Kenin Alexander" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80981636-20EB-4C64-B514-F9BCA635AFE7@microsoft.com... > There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298). > Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users? > For me already thre...

where is "assistant internet wizard" in excel 2003?
I had it in Excel '97 and I was able to paste a range into a webpage template and save as index.html. where is "assistant internet wizard" in excel 2003? Thanks. It was dropped with excel 2002, you can save as webpage now Regards, Peo Sjoblom "CyberPerk" wrote: > I had it in Excel '97 and I was able to paste a range into a webpage template > and save as index.html. > where is "assistant internet wizard" in excel 2003? > Thanks. ...

Limiting Internet Email for Users
I want to stop users from sending Internet email from my Exchange 2000 server. I use it for a company wide mail server. Can anyone help me stop Internet Email. This might help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14B7AF2C-73E3-4601-84F9-3F7B95043B72@microsoft.com... > I want to stop users from sending Internet email from my Exchange 2000 server. I use it for a company wide mail server. Can anyone help me stop...

Excel XP VBA code to search all macro code in Excel module for specific search string
Hi all, I am looking to write a Excel XP vba code which will allow me t search for a specific search string in a Excel macro module for all th "xls" spreadsheet type files in the folder location which will promp me which could be "C:\" . For example..I want to search all the spreadsheets for the strin "C:\temp" hardcoded into the Excel XP macro module using an automate solution like Excel XP VBA. I am using Excel XP on Windows XP o/s. Please help me out with the code as I have to present a report to m manager in 2 days. Thanks, Roger. E-mail: raj_aryan1947@y...

find mac address of my own computer by excell macro
I am using excell 2002. I want to find mac address of my own computer by excell macro. Give something like this a try. '---------------------------------- Sub GetMAC() Dim strLine As String Dim bEther As Boolean bEther = False Set wsh = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") Set wshExec = wsh.Exec("ipconfig /all") Set objStdOut = wshExec.StdOut Do Until objStdOut.AtEndOfStream strLine = objStdOut.ReadLine If InStr(strLine, "Ethernet") > 0 Then bEther = True End If If InStr(strLine, "Physical Address") &g...

Limit outgoing mail limit before send
Hi all Is there any method to avoid to send mail if the mail size is over a preset limit? If I set it in Exchange, the mail will first send to Exchange server and check the size. Any method to check the size before send to server? I got this problem since the connection speed is slow, not like local 100m network. Exchange server and the client Outlook XP PC is far away, connect with a 64K line only. Thanks ...

Converting Excel to PDF
Hi there, I was hoping someone could help me...I have adobe & Microsoft office installed on my computer and I'm trying to set up adobe so that when I go and select print from the file menu in excel/word I can select adobe and then the document is converted to a pdf. However I do not know how to set up adobe so that it is one of my priting options - can anyone help me with this??! I look forward to hearing from someone who can help!! Cheers, Mel Do you have Acrobat or Acrobat Reader? Acrobat Reader only enables you to read pdf files. AFAICR when you install the full Acrobat produ...

2 Questions about Excel Charts
1) I have a list of 50 points (X, Y) that I want to plot. In a third column, I have the state corresponding to each point. How do I display these states on the chart (without manually entering each)? 2) I want to create a Chart where the user can input a real number (without switching to another sheet) that changes the chart (e.g., entering ALPHA for a chart plotting "SIN(ALPHA*X)"). Listboxes, spinners only work for discrete numbers, and I do not want to put the chart on an existing worksheet. How do I create a link from a sheet to an editable value on a Chart? Thank you...

How do I setup to tab between form fields in Office Excel 2002?
-- M Derry Product Action Indianapolis, IN See3 Bob Phillips' site. http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0008.html Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 16 May 2005 11:56:01 -0700, MD2503 <MD2503@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Calendars in Excel
Does anyone know if it is possible to convert a list of dates in Excel to a calendar format? I know its a long shot but if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it. Thanks! Like if you have a list of dates in column A and a short description in column C (and maybe an indicator in column B (holiday/birthday/other)? If yes, then you're looking for Chip Pearson's Calendar: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm Look for calendar (and note the warning about both analysis toolpaks being loaded.) uftiffany wrote: > > Does anyone know if it is possible to convert a list of...

Addressee limit
How do you check/change the Exchange Server message addressee(To, Cc)limit? When sending messages to servaral recipients, some names are cut out. Thanks. ...

How to Make a Cell Flash in Excel using conditional formatting
How can I make a cell or the font of the cell flash or blink? I assume that it is a function of conditional formatting. I know it is possible because I have seen it before but I do not know how to do it. Not possible with CF alone. You must use VBA to achieve the blinking. Most persons would find this quite annoying and while the code is running you can do nothing else. For more on blinking/flashing read these threads from a google search. http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?as_q=blinking&safe=images&as_ugroup=*excel*&lr=&hl=en Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 22 Ap...

Sorting issue
Hello, I am having a problem sorting two columns (one is the street name and the other is the street number eg. 321 Smith St) in Excel 2007 by using a custom sort. Let's say that the data in column A is the number and B is the street name. I have the sort setup to sort first by B then by A. The problem is with the numbers. Some numbers are out of order in the spreadsheet although the majority are correct. I have formatted the number column (A) as a number as well. I have also tried creating a new spreadsheet and pasting (paste special) the data into it with the same result. Can anyo...

excel macro to automatically change default printer
I need a macro to change the default printer to another selected preselected printer. I can get a workbook to do this but only after its been opened and then re-run the macro. this is to automate a workbook that has to be printed out on one type of printer only and the users that will have it are not the sharpest biters in the food chain!! Hi James, Try something like: '=============>> Private Sub Workbook_Activate() Application.ActivePrinter = "HPPhpoto on LPT1:" End Sub '<<============= '=============>> Private Sub Workbook_Deactivate() ...

pivot table limitation
Hi, when i tried to generate an excel report. It gives me an error message "Microsoft Excel: Microsoft Excel cannot make this change because there are too many row or column items. Drag at least one row or column field off the PivotTable report, or to the page position. Alternatively, right-click a field, and then click Hide or Hide Levels on the shortcut menu. Error in generating report. Please contact Administrator!" What can i do with this message? Is this the data volumne limitation for pivot table? Thanks for your help You have hit one of Excel's limitations. For pivot tab...

Excel charts should have format templates
Power point has them! Word has them! Ever get sick of the same default colors, fonts and format in the default excel charts? Whish you didn't have to go and manually change every chart property each time you create a chart? Whish you could save your own chart format templates so that you could apply the same unique format to a group of charts? Here's some of my chart format template suggestions: Black and White Grayscale Rainbow Scientific Presentation + a whole lot of others could be added, just like the powerpoint templates. It's time to bring Excel Charts up to speed! ...

Excel Number format in Indian style (Lacs, Crores)
HI, Someone please help me in changing numbers in excel to Indian forma .. say for ex.... 123456789 has to be displayed as 12,34,56,789 whic basically is Rs. 12 crores 34 lacs 56 thousand and 789 rupees as pe Indian currency system.. thanks amit chan -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com From a Google search here is a reply by David Richie to the same question in January If you have Excel 2002 or later look up bhattext in help. Otherwise the following format might help you [>=10000000]##\,##\,##\,##0.00;[>=100000]##\,##\,##0.00;##,##0.00 (This format separates g...