Applying days of the week to dates

Hi,

Does anyone know how to make Excel show the day of the week (ie Monday,
Tuesday etc.) given a specific date?

Thanks,

Will
0
Will9118 (79)

Just format the cell Custom, "dddd"

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"will" <will@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how to make Excel show the day of the week (ie Monday,
> Tuesday etc.) given a specific date?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Will

0
nicolaus (2022)

How do I apply a combo box to multiple cells in Excel so that it .
I would like to apply a combo drop down box in Excel. However I only want the box to appear when the cursor is over the cell can anyone offer me some help on this matter? Thank you, Dwain Hi Dwain, Perhaps you are looking for Data Validation, available on the Data menu. See Debra Dalgleish's tutorial at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html --- Regards, Norman "DB" <DB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6939ADC2-CF1C-46AA-B163-BEE27E23356A@microsoft.com... >I would like to apply a combo drop down box in Excel. However I only w...

Dates in chart
I have a chart that has data for Monday-Friday only of each week for 12 weeks. The dates are based upon a formula, so alternate every week showing a rolling 12 week chart. Unfortunately, the chart is showing 5 days with 2 days for the weekend being blank as there is never data at the weekends and so far attempts to rid the weekends, which are not in the original data at all, have proved futile. Can anyone suggest how to rid Saturday and Sunday from the chart? All help appreciated. Ellie Hi, You need to set the axis to be category rather than date. Right click chart and pick Chart O...

Conditional Format Dates
How do I conditionally format dates that are more than one year old? -- -Andy On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 08:12:06 -0800, Andy12 wrote: > How do I conditionally format dates that are more than one year old? In form design view, select the date control. Click on Format + Conditional Formatting. Set Condition1 to Expression Is In the next dialog box, write: [ControlName]< DateAdd("yyyy",-1,Date()) Change [ControlName] to whatever the actual name of your control is. -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 08:12:06 -0800,...

Apply view to all folders
Greetings, A user has numerous folders created under her Inbox in Outlook 2000. She woule like to create a custom view and then apply it to all folders automatically. I can create a custom view easily, but can't find a way to apply it to all folders other than on a one-by-one basis. Is there a way to apply the view to all folders at one time? Thanks much, Justin You can't apply it to all at once - unless you customize the Messages view. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Gu...

Macro that shows range of dates
Hi, hope you can help me with this: I have in A1 start date with format yy/mm/dd hh:mm and in A2 an end date with the same format. I want a macro that puts in column D all dates between the range of the strat date and the end date. Thank you so much And the source is? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "1234" <altachicasaudaces@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c9d8ffed-e3f1-42cd-b46d-985fc5e73be9@o28g2000yqh.googlegroups.com... > Hi, hope you can help me with this: > > I have in A1 start date with ...

How to format a cell from date to week?
Dear all, How to format a cell date like "2009-12-10" to year /week format "YYYYWW" = 200950? Also how to determine number of weeks between 2 weeks like from 200950 to 201002 = 5 weeks? BR//nginhong You cannot achieve this with cell formatting. Excel does not support weeks in a date format. To change a date to yyyyww, use: =year(a1)*100+weeknum(a1) The number of weeks difference between two of these cells, use: =(int(a2/100)-int(a1/100))*52+(mod(a2,100)-mod(a1,100)) This calculates to 4 weeks, not 5, just as the difference between 201001 and 2010...

Working day function
I have used the working day function (from The Access Web) to construct a query which calculates working days and leaves out weekends. I am now trying to filter out working days over 3. However, when I put >3 in the criteria box, I get an error message saying something like 'type mismatch'. How do I get around this? I suggest you post the entire SQL of your query. (Menubar: View: SQL then copy and paste) The WorkingDays function should return an integer value, so what you posted seems as if it should work UNLESS your date parameters are ever null (blank) or are not dates. If...

Track Sales Weekly, Monthly and Annually with this Powerful Tool 25302
--boundarynDqNAw== Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable N?%?>?/Mvdhq@YWcrRf@k(/h+ --boundarynDqNAw== Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <HTML><HEAD></HEAD> <BODY contentEditable=3Dtrue> <P>&nbsp; (RST) Retail Sales Tracker Spreadsheet is a reliable and feature-= packed excel spreadsheet designed to help your business easily manage custo= mer sales. Streamline your business processes with this flexible and powerf= ul sprea...

view applied?
What does the following WLM beta message mean? View applied not connected to imap4.xxxxxx.co.uk I had already clicked on this account and a couple of emails were downloaded. ...

M2005 Cannot Apply Epayment To Invoice
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4AD73.81F30C10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I create invoices for payments from customers. I have those = automatically charged to their bank accounts and credited to my bank = account. When the payments hit my bank account and are downloaded into = Money, I go into the transaction and enter "Payment For Invoice" and = then try to go to the apply payment to an invoice screen but a nice = little pop up comes up in Money 2005 that says &qu...

Conditional Formatting by Date
Howdy All, I have a budget workbook which contains a worksheet for every month and I need to format certain cells to show a value from a specific date forward. Example: Car payment needs to be applied on the 15th and remain there when the month rolls over. So on the fifteenth of May, I need cell C5 to display $350.00, but I don't want May's C5 to reset back to 0 when the date rollovers over to June 1st. I hope I am clear on this. Thanks for you time and attention, Brian hi! in A1: =TODAY() and in C5: =(IF(AND(MONTH(A1)=5,DAY(A1)=15),TEXT(350,"$000"),"&q...

I've applied a Fill and now can't see the gridlines....
Does anyone know how to show the Gridlines through a fill? I've searched and searched but can't find the answer, yet the silly thing is I know it can be done as I have done it before (by accident) Any help mostgratefully received! bestregards, Tim Apply borders... In article <62E1EA83-287A-4FE3-BEC6-7C0155EA1850@microsoft.com>, "FizzyBunghole" <FizzyBunghole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how to show the Gridlines through a fill? I've searched and > searched but can't find the answer, yet the silly thing is I know it c...

Convert Years to Years/Months/Days
Through a calculation, I get an amount of time in years (ex. 1.31 years). How would I convert that number to years/months/days based on a 360 day year? Thanks! Corey Also, for our purposes, a month is always 30 days. Just multiply your result by 360? -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) <coreymartin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1136384291.470002.53750@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Also, for our purposes, a month is always 30 days. > Look in HELP for the DAYS360() function -- Kind regards, Niek Otten <coreymartin@gma...

I have lost date navigator

Cross Apply problem
How do I get the desired result for the following: SOURCE TABLE: USSoilLyr FIELDS: TAXOR PARTSIZE PCT_R Alfisols ashy 60 Alfisols ashy 57 Alfisols ashy 38 Alfisols clayey 85 Alfisols clayey 79 Andisols medial 50 Andisols medial 36 DESIRED RESULT (TARGET TABLE): T_Order FIELDS: TAXOR PARTSIZE PCT_R Alfisols ashy AVG(60+57+38) Alfisols clayey Avg(85+79) Andisols medial Avg(50+36) My T-SQL Code, as follows, returns wrong calculations when I manually check the results. UPDATE T_Order SET ...

Day finder
I AM TRYING TO FIND A DATE 180 DAYS IN THE PAST. CAN THIS BE DONE? AIRITA <AIRITA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I AM TRYING TO FIND A DATE 180 DAYS IN THE PAST. CAN THIS BE DONE? Use "180 days ago" in the Go To Date field. -- Brian Tillman ...

Text to Date Conversion
This is probably an age old question, so apologies in advance... I'm trying to import data into Excel from a csv file that contains a date field of the format "Mon 01 Jun". There seems to be no easy way to get Excel to recognise this as a date, unless anyone can tell me differently. Assuming there isn't a quick import / text-to-columns conversion, what is the easiest way with a function to create a new cell that contains a date from this text? Thanks, Richard. With the text in A1; assuming all months are 3 characters =DATE(2009,MATCH(RIGHT(A1,3),{"Jan",&q...

Remove inactive employees based on Date Inactivated
I would like to see Tools > Utilities > Payroll > Remove Inactive Records have a date field so only those employees inactivated prior to the date entered are removed rather than all inactive employees as it now does. Hi Rod, Please enter this suggestion in Product Suggestion site: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/productsuggestion. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. -- Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy. This posting is provided "AS IS" ...

years-months-days-hours
can anyone tell me how to do this, might be very simple. thanks in advance i have two dates/time in this format mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss 17/10/2001 12:35:20 21/12/2009 09:40:00 on another cell I would like the difference between these two dates in this format. 8 years, 11 months, 24 days, 00 hours, 20 min, 23 seconds. or each in a different cell like these: 8 years 11 months 24 days 00 hours 20 min 23 seconds =DATEDIF(A1,A2,"y")&" years, "&DATEDIF(A1,A2,"ym")&" months, "&DATEDIF(A1,A2,"md")&&quo...

Install V10 HR after applying service pack 3
I am currently on V10, SP3 and now have purchased the HR module. I am not sure of the steps I need to take to load the HR module (we have the V10 DVD that is not sp3) Are these my steps? 1. Load the HR module from V10 DVD on SQL Server install (I was told previously to use the Add/Remove programs option and change but it still asks for the DVD) 2. Do I need to reload SP3 on server install? 3. Then load the HR module (from V10 dvd) on additional workstations? If I have to re run the SP3 I am concerned it is going to take hours to complete like original instal of SP3 If anyone has a...

Copy/Move Between Folders Changes Sender and Date Info
I'm using Outlook 2002 and Exchange 2000. When I move a message from a public folder to another subfolder (also public), it changes the "From" to my account instead of the original sender, and the "Sent" and "Received" dates from the original sent dates to the time that I moved the items. I know it must be an easy fix, but I just can't seem to find the answer. Any help greatly appreciated. ...

Search feature is needed in by date, name, id, telnumber, ...
hi Search feature is needed in by date, name, id, telnumber, in SDI Application. from file. I want to implement search feature in my application... and display those things ... Thank u in advance... Read file, compare string, when you find it display it. I would have been able to help out more if I hadn't skipped that mind reading class in college. :) AliR. "sargio" <naveenee20@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1136303289.450386.248270@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > hi > > Search feature is needed in by date, name, id, telnumber, in SDI > Application. ...

Apply Multicurrency Invoices in Bank Management
I oppened a ticket to know why I cant apply Multicurrency Invoices to payment transactions in Bank Managment as it is available in Payable Management. I've been suggested to post a suggestion for that. Simply, while doing a payment in Bank Management. If the Chequebook Currency is diffrenet than the invoices currencies that you are paying againist, then you can't apply these invoices. Thus, you cant see them in the remittance advice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestio...

Vacation Date Problem
Hi. I have an employee that was hired on 4-1-2003. I use =DATEDIF(E64,TODAY(),"y") to determin that he has worked 6 yrs. When he reaches his anniversay date, his vacation time will go from 80 hrs to 120 hrs. I use VLookup to determine the vacation time. This all works okay. The problem is that on January 1, my business posts a list of vacation allowances for the year. The list shows how much vacation time the employee gets, regardless of when the anniversay date is. So my above employee will show that he has 120 hrs of vacation time on January 1. This is only a pro...

Trying to pull the data for current date
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00CA_01CA3212.27D41110 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello Folks,=20 It is a simple query but I am just stuck. I am trying to pull the data = for current day and writing the query below select *from pop30300 WHERE POPTYPE =3D 1 and receiptdate =3D GETDATE() = order by poprctnm asc But it is not correct. Please help. I need the date for today date on = daily basis. ------=_NextPart_000_00CA_01CA3212.27D41110 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso...