Any Generous Excel Gurus our there??

I am trying to complete a project involving horseracing handicapping
(using data files that are comma delimited). I am so close, but need
just a few more things to tie up.

Anyone interested in helping??

If so, please email me at 'sq764@aol.com'.

Thank you,
Scott

Why not post your questions here so that others may
benefit from any solution offered.

http://www.ExcelForum.com/

>.

0
anonymous (74717)

Click on Excel Doc Starts Excel but Excel does not Open the Doc.
Hi When I click on an Excel doc., Excel starts up but does not open the doc. When I rgiht click an .xls and then choose Excel to open it it says that Excel cannot find the document on the indicated path. The path shown is indeed the path to the doc and the doc is there. When I drag an .xls into a runing Excel it opens correctly. Other apps. such as Word open the docs correctly but cannot open docs with links to Excel sheets. Any ideas? Regards, Marc Try looking at this: Tools | Options | General Uncheck "Ignore other applications" HTH hi. try this. Tools>options>g...

Excel password mechanism failure
I have a 2 PC Home/Biz network. The older PC runs Win XP and the new PC runs Win 7. I have a password protected Excel 2007 document on both systems. (I copied the file from the XP system to the WIN 7 system in January when I installed the WIN 7 system.) I open the file 3-4 times a month on the WIN 7 system. Today I cannot access the WIN 7 stored file using the WIN 7 PC or the XP stored file using the XP PC. On both systems Excel informs me that my password is incorrect . Simply not possible. I wrote the password down and have been regularly using it since Jan 2010. The only thin...

how to read Excel W/out Excel
How can I view Excel documents when I don't have Excel myself? Is there an Excel-Reader software? There is an excel viewer that can be downloaded from MS, go to MS site and do a search for excel viewer -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Millers" <Millers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75B2A45A-EA89-4105-A2EA-D9B75F3A1022@microsoft.com... > How can I view Excel documents when I don't have Excel myself? Is there an > Excel-Reader software? More specifically: Microsoft offers a free xl2003 viewer at: http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/officeupdat...

Excel thinks it knows the formula I want
In cell B1 type in the formula "=A1 & A2" as quickly as possible. When I do it on an XL2000 SR1 machine, Excel "takes over" the formula and returns "=A1 &1:1" after I type tye ampersand. Why is this and is it possible to turn this "smart" feature off? Tim, I've never seen that happen in any version of Excel, but it could be caused by a sticky shift key. SHIFT+SPACE is the shortcut to select an entire row, so when you type the ampersand (which requires SHIFT) and then hit space, perhaps your shift key is still down. -- Cordial...

should I learn Excel ?
I've just completed a college class about Word , Should I learn about Excel ? Only you can answer that. Do you learn Powerpoint, Access, Visio, MS Project, etc., etc. Excel is a widely used product, as is Word, and it can be a useful tool to have in your skills toolbox, IF you are looking to find employment in a field where the sort of number analysis that spreadsheets are good at. But it is a complex product, and it will take a fair amount of effort and practice to develop worthwhile skills in the product. It can also be fun, worth learning just for the joy of learning another product....

manually selected Excel cell formatting
I've installed Excel 2007 recently. I notice when I manually select non-contiguous cells using the ctrl key that the selected cells are not highlighted like they were in Excel 97. At first I thought I was losing the selection altogether but I noticed that the current cell had a thin outline instead of the heavier normal outline. It was then I saw that the selected cells were actually very faintly shaded. I checked that the cells were really selected by migrating through them with the Enter or Tab key. Is there any way to make the selected calls more visible? Or is something w...

With Affiliate Network Pro
Affiliate Network Pro - Nov 07, 2006 - Affiliate Network Pro - Earn a generous commision per lead, per sales, per click, per impressions, affiliate network that guarantees payment two time. We have the highest converting brand new and exclusive offers. Get paid twice per month Incredible Conversions Earn a generous commision per lead Optimized cookie tracking Detailed real-time stats & reports Stats/ROI tools by campaign Overture & Google tracking Great webmaster support & tools Free Sign up, No risk Various Bonuses Payout options (check, wire transfer, e-gold, paypal, moneybook...

Excel-Word Mail Merge
I'm working with an Excel file, a statewide address list. I've been asked to generate mailing labels, but of course not to everyone on the list. The "list maker" has hidden the rows of addresses he does not want the mailing to go to. When I do the merge, I get blank labels for what I'm assuming are the hidden rows. The addresses are not all in adjacent rows. Is this doable without a lot of dancing around? Is this a question I should be asking a Word group? I'm using Word and Excel 2000. Thanks. Maureen There are ways to deal with blanks in a mailmerge. Don'...

drag a file or an outlook item to excel
I would like to drag a file or an outlook item to an excel spread sheet. But, instead of opening them, I only want a hyperlink to be created. Can this be done easily? Or, do I have to buy a 3rd party software? Thank you so much, Emma ...

How do I convert an existing MS Excel worksheet tracking a simple. #2
I am a novie Excel user who has tracked the activity of my simple savings account with an Excel worksheet. I would like to set up this existing worksheet to perform autosum functions when I enter deposits, withdrawals, and interest instead of manually doing the math on a calculator to arrive at the balance total after each entry. ...

Plus Button to Hide Rows in Excel
I don't know how to explain my problem so I just did a screen capture o what I really want to do in Excel. Thanks for helping +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: untitled.JPG |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3609 +------------------------------------------------------------------- -- aga295 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- aga2957's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2534 View this thread: ...

Excel as webpage
If I use the option to save as webpage using Excel 2003, will the data saved be able to be viewed in all browsers? If not, then what are limitations? What if I use the option to publish and all? If I add interactivity, it seems that someone viewing on the web would also have to have excel with this to work properly, correct? Or does it write it out as JavaScript or something? If they have to have Excel, then would it have to be the same version? And lastly, when I do save it and then want to try and open it in an html editor like Front Page 2003, why does it always revert back to Excel? Ther...

excel formulas to Access
HI, I hope someone will be able to shed some light on my problem. I have several HUGH spreadsheets; I have realized that to manage this properly I need to my data over to an access database. My spreadsheet has quite a few formulas from lookup tables, calculation to formulas that manipulate text entered in the spread sheet. I would like to know is there any standard way for me to “transfer” my excel formulas in the new access database. If there is no standard what is best resource for me to consult to solve my issue. THANKS IN ADVANCE Access is not a "big" spreadsheet. Even ...

Missing background in excel
When I run a excel prototype with lot of formulas and graphic inserted in the forground and the backgound, some time the backgroun just gone MIA, and only the data of formula are shown.It does not happen right away but after a few input of numbers in to the require field and only happen on laptop not desktop or the original laptop which created those sheet. My version of excel is Office XP with service pack 2 installed and OS is Winxp Pro ...

functions in excel
i like to know what are the functions available in msexcel>>>>>> kaja48380@gmail.com wrote: > i like to know what are the functions available in msexcel>>>>>> Is this homework? Functions: see http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/formulas/ Your other question: http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/excel/HA010548461033.aspx?pid=CH062528191033 best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email <kaja48380@gmail.com> wrote in message news:15ef1958-9401-4a4e-967a-6798442a7c3c@e6g2000prf.googlegroup...

Excel 2000 #2
How come the Move or Copy Sheet under Edit is grayed out for this particular data file? I can't access it. Is the workbook protected? Tools|Protection|Unprotect workbook? (You may need a password) Jerick wrote: > > How come the Move or Copy Sheet under Edit is grayed out for this particular > data file? I can't access it. -- Dave Peterson ...

Exporting Data FROM Excel
For reasons too complex to explain here, I need to get data from an Excel spreadsheet into another program. This program ONLY accepts data in comma delimited file format, i.e. a .CVS file. How can I get data OUT of Excel into a .CVS file? I see many ways of getting data INTO Excel but none for getting data OUT of a spreadsheet. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dave I believe you meant CSV (Comma Separated Values). Choose FILE | SAVE AS then in the SAVE AS TYPE drop down box, choose CSV (OS/2 or MS-DOS) (*.CSV). >-----Original Message----- >For reasons too complex to explain here, I need ...

How do I modify a database in Excel 2007?
I can't find a way to add to the range of cells once I've created the database. Can't find a way to delete the database without deleting the contents of all the cells in it. When you say "delete the database", what do you mean other than "deleting the contents of all the cells in it"? Perhaps I don't understand your meaning of the word "database". Or maybe it's the word "delete". When you say "I can't find a way to add to the range of cells once I've created the database", exactly what do you want to...

Empty Excel File -- Data Lost?
I have an excel file in which I track my family's finances. I access it several times per day. When I started up my computer this evening and went to open the file, it opened up empty. None of the worksheets are present. It is identical in content to a new (i.e. freshly created) file. When I examine the file properties, the date created suggests that it is the same file I have been using all year. The file name is unchanged. But the file size is only 13.5KB, the same size as any other brand new, empty excel file. Any thoughts on what might have happened or how I recover this f...

Excel question ?
Hi, can anyone help me out with this .... I have excel 2003 table and sheet inside of it have some formulas. I would like to paste text data from notepad to that sheet without of erasing any of the containing formulas which are like I said already there. Thanx Hi Steve You could create a textbox from the ">View >Toolbars > Drawing menu, then paste your information in it. The textbox can be size and position any place on your sheet. HTH John "Steve" <steveaa@dzemail.com> wrote in message news:id0ci1$mh2$1@localhost.localdomain... > Hi, can anyone help me o...

Excel Program
Hi to All, Is there anybody who could help me on how to use arrows in excel file? I am trying to make drawings wherein I need to use arrows to illustrate my drawing. pls help. thank you very much in advance. god bless. cesar_bachelor@yahoo.com.ph -- Cesar Makabenta AGM PACKAGING SYSTEM LTD. CORP. Hi, Lets suppose you are using Excel 2003 or earlier: 1. Turn on the Drawing toolbar - there is a button for that to the left of the Zoom button on the Standard Toolbar. The drawing toolbar usually appears at the bottom of the screen. 2. There is a plain Arrow tool on the Drawing toolbar...

Excel
How do I format inside a cell - each sentence on new line. Try Alt + Enter at the end of the sentence. HTH REgards, Howard "MHill" <MHill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:556C1E5E-09E0-4B70-99BD-D3959730CB14@microsoft.com... > How do I format inside a cell - each sentence on new line. ...

Saving Excel from Access
I have a macro in Access that I'm runnign and using the code below to save a file in Excel. How do I save this file as Excel 2003. I have Excel 2007 on my machine and when I try to open the file later in the code I get an error message that says "External Table is not in the expected format.". The macro is erroring out on the following line: DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, 8, "Sum_CN", DataFile, False Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks... With ExcelApp .Workbooks.Add .Application.DisplayAlerts = False ...

Excel
Hi, I want to know how can I increase file size with out putting too much data into it. I just want to increase the file size by updating only 10 or 20 cells in the sheet. Regards Heera Chavan What's your point?, adding ANY data to a file will increase the file size! Heera;723786 Wrote: > Hi, I want to know how can I increase file size with out putting too much data into it. I just want to increase the file size by updating only 10 or 20 cells in the sheet. Regards Heera Chavan -- Simon Lloyd Regards, Simon Lloyd 'Microsoft Office Hel...

Need Help with excel
Hi all I have something id like to do with excel but havent been able to get it to work. Here is basically what Im trying to do. I have 2 worksheets in an excel file. I want to be able to put a number in in worksheet 1 cell a1 and when I put that number in have it go to worksheet 2 search cell a1 there till if finds the number then have it take the number across from it in column B and copy that number back to worksheet 1 and put it in cell b1. Can anyone help me with this. Thanks Jim With a formula you can use a simple VLOOKUP. Look in HELP index. Or, you could use a macro to find t...