Hope it can be of use
Ola Sandstr´┐Żm

Enclosed:
http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3641&stc=1

+ From Excel Expert E-Letters:
http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/eee/index.htm

POWER FORMULA TECHNIQUE

By Alab Beban

Here is an example of how to solve a set of simultaneous equations
using
Excel.

Start with equations that are linearly independent so that there is,
in fact, a solution; e.g.,

17 = 5x + 3y + 2z
13 = 2x + 4y +  z
22 = 3x + 2y + 5z

Put the coefficients of the unknowns in, e.g., A1:C3 (i.e., 5,3,2 in
A1:C1, 2,4,1 in A2:C2, etc.);

Put the constants (17, 13, 22) in, e.g., D1:D3;

Highlight, e.g., E1:E3 and array enter (i.e., enter with
Ctrl+Shift+Enter instead of just Enter)

=MMULT(MINVERSE(A1:C3,D1:D3)

and the solution vector (1,2,3) will appear in E1:E3;
i.e., x=1, y=2, z=3

For a set of equations that does not have a solution, the #VALUE error
will appear in E1:E3.

|Filename: PlotFcn.zip                                              |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3641     |

olasa
olasa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17760
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390412

http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/AreaUnderCurve.htm

Jerry

0
post_a_reply (1395)

Design Template for multithreading (an example here)
Multi threading multithreading multi-threading threading threads multitasking WaitOne .Set .Reset ManualResetEvent AutoResetEvent. Here is a design template you can use for multithreading. I prefer to use the manual reset event: ManualResetEvent rather than AutoResetEvent. It forces you to Set and Reset, and IMO is better than using the "automatic" way, which is more lazy. The design context is as follows: //put this mrevent outside your constructor, as a 'global' variable to the translation unit. public static ManualResetEvent mrevent = new ManualResetEv...

autorun macro at Excel open
Searched, found nothing. How do I run a macro on Excel open? I have a macro that calls my form, but I can't find how to autorun the macro. Thanks much Duane, Two ways. Call the macro Auto_Open and put it in a general module. Use the Workbook_Open event macro in ThisWorkbook, and put your code in there. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Duane" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02b001c39b20$490c0890$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Searched, foun...

Excel-Sage link error
Hi, I'm trying to connect to our Sage data which is stored in a folder on the server mapped to my L: drive. In Excel, I go to Data > Get External Data > New Database Query... Choose Data Source dialog, pick SageLine50v8* and click OK. I enter manager and my password and then get the following error message: Cannot find all files in data path Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed The driver returned invalid (or failed to return) SQL_DRIVER_ODBC_VER: 2.00 I am using Sage v8.00.0019 and Excel 2000. All help appreciated cheers Pete Franklin > In Excel, I go to Data > Get...

excel spread sheet
how do I add cells within a cell You can't. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "dc" <dc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4660EF42-1E6E-4DB2-B90D-A2A3754C0AF4@microsoft.com... > how do I add cells within a cell On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, dc <dc@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >how do I add cells within a cell I suggest you get sneaky and merge all the cells you're working with *except* the ones you want to look like "cells ...

Maximize Excel?
If Excel is minized when I double click an Excel file on my desktop, that document will sometimes load up in the minimized state as well. So, is there a function to automatically maximize the Excel app when a doc is loaded?? Thank you! Rober Crandal (Excel newbie) Application.WindowState = xlMaximized "Robert Crandal" <nobody@gmail.com> wrote in message news:qdUqn.109496$1n5.28011@newsfe04.iad... > If Excel is minized when I double click an Excel file > on my desktop, that document will sometimes load up > in the minimized state as well. So, is...

Excel to XML conversion in Excel 2003
Does Excel 2003 have the ability to convert Excel spreadsheet into XML with custom DDT? I know that Excel 2003 can convert Excel data into XML, but I do not know if I can import my own DDT into Excel. thanks Hi Hao, > Does Excel 2003 have the ability to convert Excel > spreadsheet into XML with custom DDT? I know that Excel > 2003 can convert Excel data into XML, but I do not know if > I can import my own DDT into Excel. thanks Yes. You can attach a custom XML schema to a workbook and map each element in the schema to a separate cell or list in the workbook. Once y...

Setting excel to landscape and setting print area from access
I have an excel file that I create from access and I was wondering if there is an easy way to set the page setup to landscape and to set the print area width from access. Is there an easy way to do this? I created a macro with the excel macro recorder but I am not sure if I can somehow use this code to have access do this. Any direction on this would be appreciated. thanks [code] With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PrintTitleRows = "" .PrintTitleColumns = "" End With ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "" With Active...

Add New Font in Excel
Is there a way for me to add a new font in Excel? I have downloaded the font (truetype) I want to use for a project. How (or can) I add it to the list of fonts Excel presents when reformatting cells? Thanks in advance! -- Fred 2002 Excel will use the fonts that are installed in Windows. So you have to install the font. windows start button|control panel|Font applet File|install new font Fred 2002 wrote: > > Is there a way for me to add a new font in Excel? I have downloaded the font > (truetype) I want to use for a project. How (or can) I add it to the list of > fonts E...

Numbers are changed in Excel?
I created a spread sheet of some stuff. I entered some serial and account numbers. For some reason that everyone but me probably knows the numbers are changed by Excel by inserting a ., a + sign, etc. hat are not as I typed. What's going on here? Thanks. I would say it's some formatting (either default or pre-existing) in those cells. Try giving all those cells the "Text" format. Then Excel won't add decimal places or signs. I -think- Excel won't let you do math with those values (unless you convert them first), but you probably don't need to add or subtra...

xsd for excel
Is there an xsd for excel 2003. As far as I could tell in excel 2002 the spreadsheet xml schema was not accessible as an xsd, the only way I found to create one was to infer one but I guess this could cause problems down the line (could someone qualify that?). If there is a xsd for excel 2003 could someone point me in the right direction. Thanks.....Jim ...

Can't open Excel file from within Excel.
I just reinstalled Excel after a reformat. I cannot open a file or "save as" from within Excel. I can click on a file in Explorer, work on the file and save it. I posted here before and was advised that it might be the Nimda "worm" virus. I updated my Norton virus defintions and downloaded a program from Norton to rid the system of this virus. It found the virus and eliminated it. I uninstalled Office 2000 and reinstalled.....twice, but still have the same problem. Anyone have any other ideas?? Thanks!! ...

Importing Excel into Publisher
Is there another way to import a large excel file into publisher other than having to cut and paste. My excel document is about 15 pages Have you tried, Insert, Object? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "lobster4me" <lobster4me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:151FCEB7-F30F-46D6-9711-CC11071428A1@microsoft.com... > Is there another way to import a large excel file into publisher other than > having to cut and paste. My excel document is about 15 pages Yes. It will only allow 128 rows and I have well over that. "Mary S...

Excel screen grey
Help !!! When I open one of my spreadsheets, the data is still there but the screen is GREY. WHY? ANy ideas ? If I open the same spreadfsheet on another PC, then the data shows as clear as a bell ????? Obviously something to do with the other computers screen resolution? Huummmmmm ? a confused me ? "MitziUK" wrote: > Help !!! > > When I open one of my spreadsheets, the data is still there but the screen > is GREY. WHY? ANy ideas ? It's fixed. DOn't know how. All I did was change view type to full scren and back to normal and voila it appeared. ...

Pocket Excel #4
I am looking for a mobile solution for our sales advisors. We have a quotes system in Excel 2000 which relies on macros and VB for applications code. I have been told Pocket Excel doesn't support macros, let alone an application designed using VB for applications. Is this the case? I've also heard there is a developer kit for Pocket PC. Does this mean we could get round this using VB.NET. Ideally I would like to know other limitations of Pocket PC office applications against a laptop or tablet PC if there is such a resource available. ...

Imports from Excel
I'm trying to import an excel file into an outlook calendar. It goes through the process (without error), yet nothing appears on the calendar. I first exported an appointment from the calendar so I could get the format then I changed a few things and re-imported but nothing appeared. I've tried Excel workbook and csv and all times it appears blank. Outlook is online. In Excel format, the data is in a named range. "Tina" posted a similar query on 18 July 2007; in her case the issue resolved with restarting Outlook. I've also tried this without resu...

Excel 97 Bible : How to get the files
Hi All, I've just got my hands on John Walkenbach's book and would really like to download the files but I can find them on the IDG site. I know this is a fairly old version of Excel Rgds, Mark Try this link to Wiley (publisher changed since*):=20 http://tinyurl.com/62bcn *According to John's notes at his page: http://j-walk.com/ss/books/bookxl10.htm (Think the link provided by John there=20 doesn't work unfortunately. Maybe outdated. But the link provided above does work <g> ..) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1=B0 22' N 103=B0 45' E xdemechanik <at>yah...

Examples of Add-ons
Does anyone have examples of add-ons for Visio? dave There is a full SDK for Visio complete with code examples on MSDN. The SDK for Visio 2003 is not yet available, but here is a link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/understanding/visio/ Meanwhile, look at the SDK for Visio 2002 and earlier here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/previous/visio/default.aspx -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "dave" <shollas@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:u$YI1rz0DHA.208@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... &...

insert excel spreadsheet
Hello I have a Word document into which I want to insert an Excel spreadsheet. I want to be able to update the spreadsheet and have the word document update at the same time. I also want to be able to print the word document with the excel data shown as a table. I think this is possible, but I cannot find the route. I have excel 2007 and word 2007 Thanks KK Copy your Excel data Paste into Word using the Paste Special/Paste Link option On Mar 22, 9:46=A0am, "KRK" <tre...@yeleek.nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote: > Hello > > I have a Word do...

some one help in graphic excel?
hello I'm a new and thankyou for this site I'm work on the graphic the part( x,y scater) and I want to draw this section geometric in the pic how can I do that ? somone help pleas and thankyou for al Attachment filename: nader.jpg Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=59125 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Go here for graphing help. Jon Peltier's Excel Page -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "nader >" <<nader.18bstt@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in me...

cell formatting in excel
all cells in excel 2003 are now accepting only 1 character, alpha or numeric when I go to type 2003 , for instance, the 2 shows, but then when I try to add the 0, the 2 disappears. ...

How to link rows in Excel so they will stay together during sort?
In Excel I am trying to track body weights over time for hospital patients, linked with specific interventions on the row below. I would like to link these 2 rows of data permanently so that when I sort based on intervention, the body weight data will stay with the intervention. Excel doesn't work like this. Each row in a list is a distinct record. Your intervention information should go in the same row as the patient data, in the sortable database. You could construct a display worksheet that linked two rows of cells to one row of the data worksheet. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Mic...

Excel Hyperlinks
Is there a way of linking an Excel cell to a particular location in another document, for example a paragraph in a Word document or a page in a OneNote notebook? Thanks! Start to Insert a Hyperlink, Ctrl-k In the address box enter the full path and file name of the dcoument and the anchor location preixed with a #, eg C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\TmpLink.doc#myBookmark In the Word document you will need to have already inserted and named a Bookmark at the particular location. Regards, Peter T "Nickbray" <Nickbray@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Excel hangs up
I am using Excel 97. Just recently my wife tried to save a spreadsheet. After she saved and closed it, rather than a blank sheet showing up, she got a gray screen where the cells would usually be. The buttons on the top right of the screen, i.e. the minimize, 'X', etc disappeared. The only she could exit was to use the file drop-down menu and exit Excel and then restart it. Any suggestions. -- Take out the trash to reply Hi Ultraglide Maybe she hide it Window>Unhide in the menu bar If not try Window>Arrange -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Ultr...

excel 2007, how to select a data point and cycle through data points
I've searched the archives but can find nothing on this topic. Prior to excel 2007, I could select a data series (xy scatter chart) and press the right arrow key to cycle through the data points, and a data point highlighter would move from point to point so I would know which point was currently selected. Through many versions of excel I have found this feature very useful. Excel 2007 seems to be missing the little data point highlighter. I can still format individual data points, but I don't know beforehand which point is selected. Is this a know feature of excel 2007? Is it kn...

Excel Chart appears different on other machines
When I open the Excel chart it appears fine on one machine, yet when I open the same file on another it's cutting off some of the letters in the Y axis. Both machines have the same version of Excel and connected to the same printer. Any Ideas? ...