analysing data from files set

Hi.
I have a billing system using Excel 2003 and I stored all my invoice files (
about 1000) into a folder.

I would like to analysed data from this files set. For example I'd like to
know:

how many bills are headed to the customer "A"?
What about the sales of the customer "A"?
How many times I sold the items "X" to the customer "A"?
How many times I sold the items "X" to all my customer?

Some data fied are stored in the same cell for all the files ( i.e.
"Customer Name" field is in E13 for all my bills).

How can I do this?
Excel? Acces? Any suggestions? Some experiences?

I've no idea from where I start...:-)

Thank you.

SUM data if meets criteria
I want to sum data in cells when the data meets the criteria given in seperate cells. SUMIF cannot handle this; can someone advise another approach using formula? e.g. project type is defined in Col A, Yearly data in Col B, C, E How to sum yearly data of Col B for each project type? Many thanks JM Why can you not use SUMIF? =SUMIF(A1:A100,"First Project",B1:B100) You do not tell what columns C and E are about. One way would be to use a pivot table Another is SUMPRODUCT =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="First Project"), B1:B100) -- www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme "Jose ...

Excel data connection to Access not retrieving data from single fi
So I ahve a very large and complex database in Access and I need to create a series of Automatically updating Graphs to monitors processes. I have my queries created in Access and want to create the graphs on excel so I can put multiple graphs on a single page. The query has results when ran in Access but when I create the data connection in Excel it comes across empty. This is the SQL to the query SELECT Max(dbo_SSO_001.FILENAME) AS MaxRunID FROM dbo_SSO_001 WHERE (((dbo_SSO_001.PROCESS) Is Not Null)) HAVING (((Max(dbo_SSO_001.FILENAME)) Like "*SA01*")); Some basi...

Consolidate Data #2
I'm looking to the experts on this one as I'm a very basic VBA user and not sure where to start. I'm looking for some help in buildig a macro that could do the following. Take a column of data such as below and then Consolidate the data 50 cells at a time with the data seperated by a semi-colon(no spaces) into 1 cell. For Instance: A 1 11111 2 11112 3 11113 4 ..... 2223 12223 to A 1 11111;11112;11113...etc 2 11151;11152;11153...etc I'm sure there's a way to do it. I'll be honest. I have ...

How do I save Pivot Table Data
Hello, I have created a Pivot Table in a Excel 2007 Template which uses the data from an Access 2007 table. In my Connection Properties I have all the "Refresh Controls" unchecked. Every month the Access table is updated with new data. We want to keep a snap shot of the data for each month. Is there an easy way to save the Pivot Table where it keeps the data but not the connection so it can't accidently be "refreshed" AND it can still be used/viewed as a Pivot Table? The people who will be saving this are not experienced Excel Users. I have t...

Cannot open pdf file attachement
When I installed the Acrobat 6, I was asked to removed version 5. But after installing Acrobat 6, I could not open all pdf file attachment. This is the error message: The system cannot find the path specified" I must have removed a registry when I uninstalled aAdobe version 6. Can anyone help to resolve the problem? Best regards, Steven A ...

DB Window displays none objects if DB was converted from file format 2000 to 2002 and back to 2000
Hi, I posted this request once before on 2002-09-10 19:00:02 (Office Developer XP SP2 , Win XP SP1, DAO 3.6) The following problem occurs in several of my databases. It does not occuer with a new database from scratch: The DB Window displays none objects in detail view if DB was converted from file format 2000 to 2002 and back to 2000. Any help ? ...

Excel Data Integration
I'm trying to manipulate the adjust cost and general journal entry in Great Plains 9.0. I'm succesfully set data in the fields of headers but having difficulty on Scrolling window and also in activating radio buttons. Can anybody have a sample code for adding/deleting/getting data from/to scrolling window and email to me at poaps629@yahoo.com ? And I know there is a certain number key for adding a line /data in scrolling window which starts at 16384 of SQCNLINE and increment itself for every line added. It will be nice if I can also acquire how to use this. By the way, I am usi...

Creating a form to enter data
I would like to be able to create a FORM on say sheet one. I would like to have about ten fields on the form I would like to then have a SUBMIT button which takes the data from the field and enters it into say sheet two. (Each column being a different field and each row being a seperate record.) Am able to do this in Access2003, but haven't used Excel for anything other than simple finances up-to-date. Hope you can help Daniel -- iPod's ROCK! Hi Look here http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy1.htm Use a row on the bottom of your form( you can hide that row) Add formula links (=c3...

import ASCII data
ASCII data typically have . separator for decimal. how to transform it into , separator? Kris, Either change the list separator character in your Windows Regional Settings (Control Panel), or use the Text Import Wizard. If the file name doesn't have the .txt extension, change it, and use File - Open. That will start the Text Import Wizard. Or import the data (Excel 2000 - up) with Data - Get external data. Same deal. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "kris" <kris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58C2D53F-9ED0-490A-82A6-894AFBDCC5D5@microsoft...

Reading Excel file from IE
Greetings, Alright, here's my problem. You see, I have an Excel file that contain a macro and a user form. I have to upload that file to the networ drive which contains the intranet. The Excel file will then be read b intranet users who use Internet Explorer. On my first try of reading this file from the intranet, there wer problems with the code, but I got them fixed and the macro now work fine, however, there still are some issues to fix. When the file (located on a network drive) is read from IE, I get th following problems: 1) For some reason the hidden cells show up and the mess u...

Export data to word template
I've read that it's possible to export CRM data into Word (and other Office applications) by configuring an ODBC connection. Since I'm a novice when it comes to this sort of stuff, can anyone tell me how this is done? Cheers you can use Visual studio tool for office for this kinds of stuff WiLLerZ wrote: > I've read that it's possible to export CRM data into Word (and other > Office applications) by configuring an ODBC connection. Since I'm a > novice when it comes to this sort of stuff, can anyone tell me how this > is done? > Cheers Have you looke...

limited data entry
Would like to limit data entry to 5 columns and automatically position to first column in the next row to continue entries. Does Data>Form serve your purpose? http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry01.html#List Epinn "dondepew" <dondepew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:9D36AA72-4216-4988-A43A-F31A03BA04A2@microsoft.com... Would like to limit data entry to 5 columns and automatically position = to=20 first column in the next row to continue entries. Select columns A:E and Format>Cells>Protection and de-select "locked" Tools>Protect...

Moving my Outlook Data
I want to move my outlook data files and my "My Documents" file to another larger (not primary) hard drive. Can you tell me the steps I need to take to do this? Paul With Outlook closed, move your .PST file wherever you want it. When you restart Outlook, it will complain it can't find the .PST file. Point it in the right direction. As for other Outlook files, some can be moved and some need to remain where they were originally installed. Check http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm for a comprehensive article on Outlook files to help you figure this out. -- Jocelyn...

how to analyse a total
I am sure I used a tool or formula a few years back for this. I have a list of say 25 items. (column A) In the next column (Column B) there is an amount against each item. eg bread �5 I am looking for something that will give me the breakdown if I have a total of say �195 as to how that total was achieved.(from what items) On Feb 27, 7:46=A0am, "SS" <nonens...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: > I have a list of say 25 items. (column A) > In the next column (Column B) there is an amount against > each item. eg bread 5 > I am looking for something that will give me the...

Getting data labels right....
I have an XY Scatter chart plotting two columns of data. The data labels I want to use for the points on the chart are in a third column, each row corresponding to the proper row for the data being plotted. How do I get the data labels to display the values in the third column? Thanks! Shawn 43fan, These resources will help: (1) You can use Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler add-in located at: http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm (2) You can use John Walkenbach's Chart Tools add-in located at: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm (3) You can use...

external file link
I am using excel 2000 and define a link to external file in a cell. Every time when I want to copy that cell to another one, I got a prompt of open file dialog box to locate the external file. It's very annoying. Does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks. Can you send the message that you get? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Are you sure the reference to the link in the existing cell is correct--that the file actually exists? "Tom B. Cruise" wrote: > > I am using excel 2000 and define a link to external file in a cell. Every > time when I want ...

Is is possible to only allow user enter data through form
I want a database only allow user to enter data through form, they might can read the related tables, but they can't write anything directly through those tables, is that possilbe? I have tried those permission setting, but once the accese of the table is denied, the related form can't be used, either. On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 13:52:09 -0800, Ming <Ming@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want a database only allow user to enter data through form, they might can >read the related tables, but they can't write anything directly through those >tables, is that possil...

Problem Sending JPG Files With OL2000
hi. the system here is WinXP Pro, SP1, OL2000 running on an Intel 2.4 GHz chip. i access mail via POP on a 56k dial-up. the problem is that i can send any sort of file as an attachment to an e-mail message *except* a JPG or GIF file that is more than 3 or 4k large. smaller JPG's in the 3-4K size send just fine. larger JPG's/GIF's will not send. OL2000 starts to send the message with the JPG/GIF attachment and then, after a short time, all send/receive activity appears to cease. the dialogue box shows progress halts at about the 50% point and then hangs. OL2000 eventually ...

Journal view settings
Hello: I am using Outlook 2002. I'd like to switch the journal from the default horizontal scrolling to a vertical view, and filter empty dates. I've tried to find the settings for that with no luck. It seems that the journal view I want is set automatically on archived journals, because my "archive folders" display it like that without me doing anything. Create a new table view on the Journal folder and set its filter.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

Lost data
Hi, Recently, I opted for the trial version 2004 MS Money Delux & Business and after the trial period ended in 60 days I decided not to purchase the product, since I already had the 2001 version 9.0. When the trial version expired I tried to use my older version, but at least a year's data was gone. I always back-up the date both in the old and new versions. Back-up was done using a a zip drive in addition to the automatic back-up in the programs. How can I retrieve the data in the trial version to bring my older version up-to-date with all the data I had and the data I e...

Coping data to multiple worksheets
Using Excel 2003, created a workbook with multiple worksheets. I have master worksheet, that we are keying into, in the master worksheet have 4 companies. Company A has data in columns K,L,T,U,V,W,AJ,AK,AL,AM Company B has data in columns M,N,X,Y,Z,AN,AO,AP,AQ Company C has data in columns O,P,AB,AC,AD,AR,AS,AT,AU Company D has data in columns Q,R,AF,AG,AH,AV,AW I have created 4 worksheets that have the columns listed above for eac company. What I want to do is when something is typed in all th columns that make up Company A that these cells would be copied to th corresponding worksheet. ...

Why file opens so slowly?
I would welcome any insights as to why one of my Excel files opens soooo slowly. I'm running Win 2K, Excel 2000, with plenty of ram and free disk space. Normally Excel files open in less than a second. But this one has been taking more and more time, and recently took 10 - 15 minutes. Saving takes a long time too. Really the file is not very big, less than a megabyte. The file has three sheets. One sheet just has a few hundred words of text; the second sheet has only 20 numbers and a couple of column sums. The largest sheet has 54 rows and about 50 columns, only 12 of which are numbers, ...

Access a excel file through FTP without write protection
hi ng I have made an excel application which is supposed to be a multi user application. I have placed the application in my libary on my web hotel, and it is supposed to be accessed by the users through FTP in Excel (where the users get the password and username). But when I try to access the file from Excel by FTP- I can open it - but it is write protected. When I go directly into my FTP-drive from the internet explorer and right click on the file - it shows that the file is NOT write protected - How can I access the file through Excel with FTP without the file is write protected. ...

Newbie Quest. On Pasting Data Between Two Spreadsheets
Hello: Using Excel 97 SR 1 with W98. Pretty new at using spreadsheets, although I'm using a fairly old version. But, it's been doing pretty much what i want. Am stumped with this, however: I have copied 5 rows of contiguous data from one spreadsheet. I'd like to past these 5 lines into a second spreadsheet, betweeen rows of existing data. So, I insereted a blank row in the second spreadsheet where I want these 5 lines to start. I thought it would move all the following rows down to enable these 5 lines to be pastedthere. But it is overwriting the following 4 rows of data in t...

STM Files
Hi, im running exchange 2003 . i have a database (EDB) that is 15G and a STM file that is 6G ,,,, is it normal to have a stm file that big?? what is that STM file by the way ?? -- Rick File sizes for EDB and STM will vary depending on the mail traffic/access methods. What is the STM file? Check first few lines here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3TechRef/e82e8de0-803a-4c2b-b012-f73d6a677901.mspx -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Rick" <Rick@discussions.m...