all the cells in excell put 2 decimal points in all numbers no ma.

i have to put 5 diget numbers in excel i format the cell to general and i get
a number with 2 decimal points for me to enter 68555 i have to enter it as
68555.00 to get it to due away with the decimal point i reinstalled excel
2ooo but i can't seam to get it to go back to what it use to be. this problem
justed popped up . never did this before

Sounds like you need to turn off fixed decimals, if I understand your
problem. Use Tools/Options/Edit and deselect Fixed Decimals.
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"Bob Umlas" wrote:

> Sounds like you need to turn off fixed decimals, if I understand your
> problem. Use Tools/Options/Edit and deselect Fixed Decimals.
> Bob Umlas
> Excel MVP
>
> "carroll616" <carroll616@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i have to put 5 diget numbers in excel i format the cell to general and i
> >get
> > a number with 2 decimal points for me to enter 68555 i have to enter it as
> > 68555.00 to get it to due away with the decimal point i reinstalled excel
> > 2ooo but i can't seam to get it to go back to what it use to be. this
> > problem
> > justed popped up . never did this before

0
Carroll (5)
12/31/2004 10:05:01 PM

"Bob Umlas" wrote:

> Sounds like you need to turn off fixed decimals, if I understand your
> problem. Use Tools/Options/Edit and deselect Fixed Decimals.
> Bob Umlas
> Excel MVP
>
> "carroll616" <carroll616@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i have to put 5 diget numbers in excel i format the cell to general and i
> >get
> > a number with 2 decimal points for me to enter 68555 i have to enter it as
> > 68555.00 to get it to due away with the decimal point i reinstalled excel
> > 2ooo but i can't seam to get it to go back to what it use to be. this
> > problem
> > justed popped up . never did this before

Thanks you Bob!  I had the same problem and it was driving me crazy.  I don't
know how the fixed decimals got turned on in the first place.

HC Rogers

"Bob Umlas" wrote:

> Sounds like you need to turn off fixed decimals, if I understand your
> problem. Use Tools/Options/Edit and deselect Fixed Decimals.
> Bob Umlas
> Excel MVP
>
> "carroll616" <carroll616@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i have to put 5 diget numbers in excel i format the cell to general and i
> >get
> > a number with 2 decimal points for me to enter 68555 i have to enter it as
> > 68555.00 to get it to due away with the decimal point i reinstalled excel
> > 2ooo but i can't seam to get it to go back to what it use to be. this
> > problem
> > justed popped up . never did this before

0
Rogers (8)

coloured cells #2
Hi, I have a user that created a spreadsheet that is highlighted by colours in different cells. On his home computer he can see the colours but at work the spreadsheet becomes pure black and white. If he prints the spreadsheet at work, it is in colour. He used to see the colours on the screen at work also. He is using Excel 2002. Any ideas? Joyce Look if he has set this Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Accessibility Options. Click the Display tab, and then click to clear the Use High Contrast check box. Click OK to close the Accessibility Options dialog box. -- ...

Working in Excel 2003 but not Excel 2007. Can not protect sheet.
Hi, User entered data on Excel Sheet(s) and send to receipant. The returned sheet(s) should be locked and should not be modfied by the receipant. It works in Excel 2003. However, it does not work in Excel 2007. User sent the worksheet(s) but the sheet(s) did not lock as in Excel 2003. Receipants can modify the sheet(s). I tried many different ways without success. Please help and thank you for your support. Private Sub cmdEmail_Click() Dim cnt As Integer Dim destWb, srcWb As Workbook Dim tmpWin, actWin As Window Dim stWbPath As String On Error Resu...

Changing column widths and decimal accurancy
Hi - I have 2 Q's for anyone happy to help... 1. Is it possible to change the column widths in some windows? I specifically would like to change the default width in the discount screens (Settings --> Product Catalog --> Discount Lists --> Discounts) so that "Begin Quantity", "End Quantity" and "Percentage" are all displayed on screen with a much small colum width. 2. How can I cange the default decimal accuracy in the smae discount screens from 5 decimal places to just 1 ? Many thanks ...

tasks to cell phone
How can I use exchange to send tasks to cell phone. I want to do when f.e. this phone is away from the office. This is PDA phone. On 14 Dec 2005 11:38:11 -0800, "Filip - beginner" <fwitkowski@gmail.com> wrote: >How can I use exchange to send tasks to cell phone. I want to do when >f.e. >this phone is away from the office. This is PDA phone. If you're using a Smartphone you can sync tasks already with ActiveSync. "Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrote: >On 14 Dec 2005 11:38:11 -0800, "Filip - beginner" ><fwitkowski@gmail...

sorting error on non-merged cells
Excel 2002, WinXp Home My spreadsheet has columns for Number, Date, Text, etc. When I select a column to sort, Excel expands the selection to include all cells (as it should). When I try to sort I get the error message about merged cells having to be the same size. I looked at KB291063 but that doesn't help. The cels are NOT merged so why do they have to be the same size? What size is the error refering to (# of characters, absolute value, ?)? How do I un-merge non-merged cells so I can sort? Firstly I would never rely on Excel to expand a selection to include the data I wa...

Backup #2
I want to make a backup of the exchange server 2003 files with the standard backup utility. Everything seems to be oke. But when we restore the backup there is no difference. The old files stil are the same. Help!!! Are you doing a backup and restore of the databases or binaries? If you restore an online backup (databases) to a running server it will end up the way it was before the restore. So if your trying to recover mail you will need to remove the log files since these include the delete transactions and then do the restore. The option "no loss" means it will play all lo...

Formatting text in a cell
Is there a way to key text in one cell that is multiple lines? We would like to be able to insert new lines where we want them. Thanks for the help!! -- akkrug Use the Formula Bar: 1. click in the formula bar 2. in the formula bar, move the cursor to the desired point of insertion 3. touch ALT-ENTER 4. enter the new line. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200855 "akkrug" wrote: > Is there a way to key text in one cell that is multiple lines? We would like > to be able to insert new lines where we want them. > > > Thanks for the help!! > -- > ak...

open attachments Excel program xls
I need help to open attachmens to e-mail. The program is in Excel xls and I have tried all the web page advice with no results. HELP!!!! Are you talking about doubleclicking an attachment in an email and having it launch in Excel. If so then go into Excel and do Tools / Options / General Tab / Uncheck 'Ignore Other Applications' -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Atti...

Finding combinations of cells that sum to near a value
Starting with a column of ~30 numbers, I'm looking for a way to have Excel find all combinations that sum to a target value +/- a specified range width. (For example, I may be looking for all combinations that sum to 1000 +/- 10.) I've found some code from Tushar Mehta that finds a list of all possible matches that sum to a number, but it doesn't allow me to put in a range to find sums to within a delta of this value. I tried modifying the code to add this in, but I couldn't get it to work right. Here is the code: http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/templates/match_values/index....

How do i show the drop down arrow for a list in Excel
I have created an almost working data/validation/list in Excel 2003. I can see the note when I click on the cell, but it does not show me the arrow for the dropdown list. I have the "In-cell dropdown" box checked. Furthermore, it will not give me an error if something is typed incorrectly. Lastly, I can right click on the cell and it gives me the option to "Pick from drop down list" and this DOES work. I have created many dropdown lists before, but this one is giving me problems. Hopefully it is something obvious that I have missed. There are ...

CSocket Question #2
I have an MFC server app. When I accept a connection and obtain a CSocket, is there anyway to find out which IP the client used to connect to my server. For example if a client from the machine connects to the server using 127.0.0.1 or if someone on the subnet connects using 192.168.1.1 and so on. I am hoping that it is stored in the CSocket somewhere, if it is not this might not be the correct group for the question. Thanks Jon I use low level calls API instead of CAsyncSocket/CSocket but from what I remember Accept() method is similar to accept() API. The Accept() method takes a p...

separating multiples digit in a cell into individual cell
I have a series of number sets. When I copied from the MS Word and pasted them into Excel, all of the numbers in the set are pasted into one cell. I need those numbers to be in an individual cell. How do I do it? I think MS Excel 2003 was able to do it. I currently have Excel 2007. Please help. Thank you very much. EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice A Wrapper for the Dispatcher class of Threading Namespace to manage thread items http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/bce7889e-d2cf-42b8-a6af-2f01a383cff6/a-wrapper-for-the-dispatc.aspx Hi, You may use Data >...

Too many different cell formats #6

cell in cell formulation possible???
Let's say I have a string of text in a cell, something like: "We may charge you $XXX fee if item is not returned in good condition." Is it possible to make that XXX a formula/calculation (based upon information entered in another cell)? ="We may charge you $" & format(A1,"#,##0.00") & " fee if item is not returned in good condition." HTH, Gary Brown "Abi" wrote: > Let's say I have a string of text in a cell, something like: > > "We may charge you $XXX fee if item is not returned in good condition." &g...

Excel 2007 Graphs
There seems to be issues with Excel 2007 and graphing, i.e. it is slow to the point of being useless. I notice that there is a hotfix for this problem (KB938538), but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to download this without incurring a �199 cost? Anyone else noticed this and fixed it?? Thanks Rob Poor chart performance has been noted by many. It is one of the items we hope SR1 will address. What makes you think there is a charge for the hotfix? You just phone MS's local office and tell them you want it. A link on the KB938538 page gets you the local number (it showed me the C...

Determining the apex of a order 2 polynomial
History: I created a spreadsheet with functions only that will provide feedback from a data point on an xy scatter chart. I charted several thousand cells with simple functions such that =if(and(a,b),1,0) to provide feedback based on these coordinates and then used v or h lookup to come up with the adjusted information. This is for a field determination of what the data points should produce. I thought it would be nice to duplicate the form for a similar process in the lab. We frequently test the field information to gain more exact information in the lab. This would allow me to show...

Do Not Want to count blank Cells
I copy pasted an Access dynaset (e.g., results of a crosstab query) into an Excel spreadsheet. I tried to use the function =counta(a4:z4) to count the number of entries (nonblank) in row 4. But the result is giving me 26 because it is counting blank cells. Is there a way to count the entries without counting the blanks or a way to easily reformat or change the blank cells so the formula will not count the blanks. I do not want to have to manually delete every blank cell in a table 26 columns by 2000 rows. Thank you, Steve CountA does what you want. It seems that you must have s...

Copying and Pasting Excel Tables into Word
We do our financials in Word, and copy and paste special as enhanced metafiles the tables that we do in Excel. This works perfectly in Word 2003. In 2007 however, when we past the table and print it, the table looks different (letter spacing funny, not smooth). I have tried printing to five different printers and it still happens. I'd suggest a slightly different approach. If you insist on using enhanced metafiles, try the following: 1. Select the range that you want to copy. 2. Instead of Copy, select the dropdown under Paste>As Picture>Copy as Picture. 3...

How to matching substring from a Cell
Dear Sir/Madam, I am now having a column likes below Column A My Name is David Chan Marry David Williams He is David and is a boy I want to find out Column A cells with contact the word "David', then display "T" on Coloum B if found or "F" is not found. The result should be as following: Column A Column B My Name is David Chan T Marry F David Williams T He is David and is a boy T How can I do it ? I have tried if( ), but it only match the c...

moving cells
I have a roster with 30 names on a fixed schedule for 15 weeks i want to move the names through the schedule. Thanks Hi Paul, I would try an Excel web search on your Google toolbar or at http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en for excel rotation OR rota schedule OR timesheets and a Google Groups search on a dropdown on your Google toolbar or at http://groups.google.com/grphp?hl=en&tab=wg&q= rotation OR rota schedule OR timesheets group:*excel* to get you started then ask specific questions if that does not provide enough information. --- HTH, D...

excel data base
hi there. i need some help please guys. i have exported some names & telephone numbers from a software packag (sms centre) & im trying 2import them in2 a package called e-txt. thes packages reads csv files. ive encountered a problem my exported files r saved in excel lik this... name country code area code phone number joe bloggs 44 07977 797898 but the e-txt database fields r as follows 1st name surname phone number joe bloggs 447977797898 how do i con...

Attaching Comment to cell contents rather than cell
I have a spreadsheet that is regularly upadated overwriting columns, however I need to enter comments on the sheet referenced on the content. The next time I update the sheet the referenced cell will move down a row, but I need the comment to stay with the content rather than the cell. Any suggestions? Many thanks If the values that you're commenting are unique, you may want to toss the comments and create a table in another worksheet. Value Comment Then use an =vlookup() formula to return the "comment" to the adjacent cell. El Damo wrote: > > I have a spreadsh...

Pause and Input to cell
Help, Back in a Lotus 1-2-3 macro we could use the command {?} to pause for input, then the macro would place the input data in a cell, let's say d9. How do you do this in Excel. Val, InputBox. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Val Steed" <vals@msn.com> wrote in message news:uEGWBOXTEHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Help, > > Back in a Lotus 1-2-3 macro we could use the command {?} to pause for input, > then the macro would place the input data in a cell, let's say d9. > >...

An issue regarding the formula #2
Hi, It's OK to copy the formula from one cell to another one within the same sheet. How about that to copy the formula from one Excel file to another one? It seems only the value of that cell will be copied to that file but not the formula inside it. I even have tried to copy the corr. formula within that again but just the copied formula will not work successfully in there. -- HuaMin ...

Can a cell be turned on or off?
A1=B1*C1+D1 A2=B2*C2+D2 A3=B3*C3+D3 A4=B4*B4+B4 I would like to be able the have the total in any one of the A cells to add up only if the cell is click on. In other words, can a cell be turned off or on as needed? -- Joe Right click sheet tab>view code>insert this Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick _ (ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) If Target.Column <> 1 Then Exit Sub 'B1*C1+D1 tr = Target.Row Target.Value = Cells(tr, 2) * _ (Cells(tr, 3) + Cells(tr, 4)) End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@g...