after saving to cd many times. now says read only?

i have saved many times to my cd. i overwrite it almost daily (CD-RW) all of
a sudden it now say's the file is read only. although i can still save to my
hard drive?
0
nsturre (1)

nsturre wrote:
> i have saved many times to my cd. i overwrite it almost daily (CD-RW) all of
> a sudden it now say's the file is read only. although i can still save to my
> hard drive?
Unless you have formatted your CDRW for packet writing, then yes, it
will be Read only. CDROM = CD Read Only Memory!

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk
0
gordonbp11 (453)
2/17/2005 4:43:56 PM
Just one of the dangers of saving directly to or opening directly from a disk.

Best practice is to save to HDD first then copy to CD.  Same way coming back.

Can you copy it to HDD and is it still read-only?

Can you remove the read-only property through Windows Explorer?

You may have to copy the sheets to a new workbook and save that.  To HDD, of
course.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:37:02 -0800, "nsturre"
<nsturre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>i have saved many times to my cd. i overwrite it almost daily (CD-RW) all of
>a sudden it now say's the file is read only. although i can still save to my
>hard drive?

0
Gord

can TIME values be aggregated?
Hello, Can time values be aggregated? I'm putting together a summary report that will need to show the sum time that something happened. (Employee breaks, for instance.) If break times for 3 employees were "01:00:00", "00:15:00", and "00:12:30" in length, how do I aggregate them to get "01:27:30"? Simply treating them like char values so they can be parsed into integers and added and then divided by 60 doesn't seem like the best way. Thanks, Eric new DBA in '09 wrote: > Hello, > > Can time values be aggregated? ...

Run-time error '3075'
Syntax error (missing operator) in query expresssion '[AppInvNum] =' I get the above message running the following code. Basically, I am entering an invoice and then opening another form to apply a credit. This first delete code works when the user quits the invoice entry without a credit applied. This is a case where the user changes mind about invoice entry and, if credit is applied, both the invoice and the application of credit need to go away. 'deletes current job record strSQL = "DELETE FROM [tbl 2 Job] " & "WHERE [InvNum] = " &a...

spreadsheet with several row, looking to view one at a time while.
I have 193 rows on my spreadsheet, with the top 2 rows frozen to view as I scroll down the list of rows. I would like to bring the rows to meet the frozen information but it is only letting me see every 3rd row instead of each row one at a time. Thanks How are you scrolling? If I scroll with my mouse wheel I get what you describe, but if I scroll with the right scroll bar/arrows I get one row at a time. HTH Otto "Angie" <Angie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:214FF948-D453-4945-9E47-756A86717ABD@microsoft.com... >I have 193 rows on my spreadsheet, w...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Now to create organization forms library?
Exchange 2003 SP1. I've followed the instructions in MS article 244591, and at stage 8, it says "Right-click the EFORMS Registry folder, then click New." What "New"? I don't have a "New" option. I'm logged in as the administrator and have full control to everything. Any idea where the "New" option has disappeared to? Many thanks Mark Hi, When you right click do you have a 'properties' choice? What other choices do you have? Hi, All Tasks --> Send Contents... View --> <Large, small icons etc.> New Window From Here R...

Followup flag time dropdown box
Hey all, When flagging a message for followup, is there a way to either change the list of times displayed or change your default start position in the list? Ideally I'm looking to start at the 8:00 AM entry and range through the rest of the business day. Thanks, Matt ...

Save and save as

Saving Images

Database is Read-Only for users without administrative rights
I have recently set up a multiuser database with a front end on each users workstation and the back end on the server. All users are forced to use the front end in Access 2007 Runtime mode. The system has been tested for several weeks and worked fine in a branch office where all users are at administrator level. When I transferred the database to our head office I discovered that standard users (i.e users, mobile users or power users) receive a warning message that the database has been opened in read only mode. Whilst these users are able to edit most of the data on the forms and que...

"Unattainable" savings goals

New Mailbox not showing up for some time
I just created a new account in Exchange 5.5 (5 total exchange 5.5 servers). After creating a new mailbox, I go to mhy outlook to try and resolve the name but it s not there. I then try to go into OWA and log into the new account but no luck. After some time it will show up. Why the delay, can anything be done? What's the scheduled time for Directory Replication? Maybe you can do an "Update Now"? -- Nicholas Basile(MSFT) nicbas@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias is for newsgroup purposes only!. This posting is provided &...

Saving default tabs

Save to unProtect a Document?

Save csv format to dbf format

Daylight Savings Time #2

Attachments Opening as Read Only File
Whenever I open a Word, Excel, or Powerpoint email attachment, the file opens up as "read only"; this does not happen to any other file attachment. Support says Microsoft is aware of this problem - has it been corrected? I am having the same problem. Did you ever get it fixed???? "Reed" wrote: > Whenever I open a Word, Excel, or Powerpoint email > attachment, the file opens up as "read only"; this does > not happen to any other file attachment. Support says > Microsoft is aware of this problem - has it been > corrected? > ...

Automatic save of all messages from a known contact
Hi, I'd like to store automatically all messages from a known CRM Contact. If for example my customers email-address is somebody@somhow.com, I'd like to store automatically all his emails via the Exchange<->CRM Connector regardless to who they are sent to. Is that possible? regards Juergen Tolksdorf Hi Juergen. My company has a product called Effective Email that does exactly what you are asking for. There is a sync event that gets installed on the users inbox. When emails come in, it checks the senders address against the CRM database, and if a match exists, it creates a...

How to get saved old saved work that was saved over?
I typed up some History notes and saved it. I wanted to use the same format from those History notes for some new History notes and I saved over on my old work. How can i retrive my old saved work? My work was in Word not Excel But I could not find a place to ask a question in the Word help section. If you saved over the original file, it is gone forever. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Maral" <Maral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0ADFEF9-6A46-4589-8923-4BFC07D9C61F@microsoft.com......

email size is 2 or 3 times larger than original size
the original email document in publisher is 64 k before sending , after sending , the receiver of the email gets a file thats 146k in size, without using the signature in outlook, or sometimes it doubles, triples etc, ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. h...

control recording saving
I designing a form the feilds are bound. the form will be used by other workers i want the form to update records using a update button but if the user enters data and then decides that they don't want to update the information. hqw can i prevent the update of the information entered on the form when the user closes the form using the close button "904allen" <904allen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > I designing a form the feilds are bound. the form will > be used by other workers i want the form to update > records using a update button but if the user ...