addition with a maximum value #3

djarcadian Wrote:
> I have the following code
>
> =SUM(D10+E10)
>
> but I don't want the results to display anything over 20.
>
> How do I accomplish this?

Okay, sorry but something else needs to be thrown into the loop.

If A+B equal more than 20 then only display 20 unless C has a value i
which case the sum can equal more than 20.

For example.

Code
-------------------

  A   B   C
  13  22  0  =  20
  13  22  5  =  25

-------------------

--
djarcadia
djarcadian's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1587

One way:

    =IF(C1>0,A+B1,MIN(20,A1+B1))

In article <djarcadian.1fxfve@excelforum-nospam.com>,
 djarcadian <djarcadian.1fxfve@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

> Okay, sorry but something else needs to be thrown into the loop.
>
> If A+B equal more than 20 then only display 20 unless C has a value in
> which case the sum can equal more than 20.
>
> For example.
>

> Code:
> --------------------
>
>   A   B   C
>   13  22  0  =  20
>   13  22  5  =  25
>
> --------------------
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Contracts additional Features
First suggestion is to allow decimal points in the Quantity field on the contract line. Second Feature, provide a mechanism to allow users to adjust pricing or quantity on contract line. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Busin...

Disk Cleanup
(Running 2000-Pro, SP-4, IE-6, OE-6, classic mode, dial-up.) (Running Vista Ultimate 64-bit, SP-2, IE-8, WM-6, WLM-09, classic mode, dial-up.) (Running XP Home Edition, version 2002, SP-3, IE-8, OE-6, classic mode, via wi-fi spots.) Question #1: On my Vista system, under Disk Cleanup, one has the option to delete the following, among others: Debug Dump Files System Error Memory Dump Files System Error Minidump Files Per User Archived Windows Error Rep By default these are not checked on my system. Is there any reason why I can't delete those files? Question #2: ...

Strange Behavior with Default Values
For some odd reason, default values (those set within a picklist or boolean field) do not show up on the print or preview screens... Can anyone provide me with an explanation and/or solution to this anomaly? -Justin ...

SendUsing"configuration value is invalid
I currently use either AOL or Lycos to send and receive e-mail. I woul like to setup a worksheet to send out e-mail reminders. I receiving th error SendUsing"configuration value is invalid see code below: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim iMsg As Object Dim iConf As Object Dim cell As Range ' Dim Flds As Variant Application.ScreenUpdating = False ' Set iConf = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration") ' iConf.Load -1 ' CDO Source Defaults ' Set Flds = iConf.Fields ' With Flds ' .Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/conf...

Maximum practical Outlook 2007 .pst file size #2
I would like to ask basically the same question as recent post except I am curious more about 2007. I too have seen pc's drag down with larger pst files. The user I have currently has 8Gb in a single local pst file and the pc is unreasonably slow. It's a very new machine so it shouldn't be cluttered up with other stuff... But acting slower that slower pcs. ps Sorry if this is a repost, I have it in my sent box but I dont see it on the server. Not sure about 2007, we are using 2003 and we like to keep it below 2gb in size after that you have to create a new psd file. We h...

Mouse Wheel #3
Is there a setting that lets me use the Mouse Wheel to scroll? If your mouse supports scrolling, what happens now when you try? Perhaps your screen zooms in or out? 2003 version.................Tools>Options>General. Disable "zoom on roll etc" 2007 version.................Button>Excel Options>Advanced. Same as above. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 09:32:58 -0400, Gianni <gianni@gianni.com> wrote: >Is there a setting that lets me >use the Mouse Wheel to scroll? Gord Dibben wrote: > If your mouse supports scrolling, what happens n...

Money 2004 Upgrade #3
Is there an easy way to transfer my files (Account info and history) from Money 2004 to Money 2007? I downloaded the trial for Money Essentials and it will not recognize the files from Money 2004. I am running US versions of each. Essential cannot deal with old Money files. It's strictly for newbies just starting out with Money. If you use a previous version, you'd probably find Essential a little, well, essential for your tastes. M07 Deluxe or Premium should deal just fine (more or less--watch what it does to Food:Groceries and Food:Dining Out...) with your M04 file. "...

MACRO
Any help would be greatlyi appreciated. I need a macro that copys rows on a spreadsheet to another spreadsheet based on the value thats in the B column. For example, b4 has "RES" as the value, so i want row 4 to go to the first available line on the RES sheet. If it had "BOB" as the value, i would like it to go to the BOB sheet on the first available line. I would like to be able to do this with the entire sheet. Thanks! Is this a repetitive task? If not, you can use Data/AutoFilter, then copy the displayed rows to the appropriate sheet, then go on to the next name....

Virtual PC Additions Additions
Hey there people of wonderland. I've been trying to install the Virtual PC Additions after installing VPC 6.0.156.0 2007 and setting up two Virtual PCs with Windows 7 and Linux Feroda Core, Host being XP Pro 2002 SP3. When selecting "Action" | "Install/Update ..." nothing happens. then following the manual steps stated in the summary of "If the installation does not automatically start..." then again, nothing happens. Can anyone please help? Many thanks, Jo Johann wrote: > Hey there people of wonderland. > I've been trying to install the Virtual ...

Glamour models & Fasion designing New look watch my profile http://www.geocities.com/cathrina39 http://namithawithyou.blogspot.com/ #3
Glamour models & Fasion designing New look watch my profile http://www.geocities.com/cathrina39 http://namithawithyou.blogspot.com/ ...

Downloaded transactions #3
I'got the standard version of Money 2004. When I download transactions from my bank, I don't find the button where I could choose to "Accept" or "Edit" it. Are these buttons not included in the standard version? In microsoft.public.money, NasBat wrote: >I'got the standard version of Money 2004. When I download >transactions from my bank, I don't find the button where I >could choose to "Accept" or "Edit" it. Are these buttons >not included in the standard version? Left-click the transaction. That should cause the Acce...

additional SQL instances/best practices
Hello: Like most firms, we create test databases for clients that contain a copy of the client's live company's data. Someone suggested that we should first create a separate SQL instance, stating that Best Practices maintains that it is best to have a separate instance of GP SQL databases. Does Best Practices really maintain that it is best to have a separate instance as a Great Plains test environment? Also, isn't it much harder to maintain a test environment if the test company is in a separate instance of SQL server? And, if a client does have a separate instance of...

cell value
I need cells to show values when a check mark is entered. Like if I check this box then the value is 1.0 - this needs to be in several columns that I can then add the values together from Hi Lisa If you're using the Checkbox from the Form toolbar, right click and go to Format Control. Under the Control, you can link to a cell, select a cell "Z1" just for illustration, you can pick any empty cell. That can be visible or not but it will return "True or False". Now the cell that will return a value, just type =if(Z1=true,1.0,""),Remember to chang...

Color Cell based on value
Is there simple way to color a cell based on its value be it calculated or entered? Like: Cell Yellow if between 1-17 Cell Green if + - 6 of 100 Cell Red if => 117 The idea is to highlight certain situations that need attention. I'd prefer NOT to use macros or VBA but a formula that is entered into the range of cells, if possible. Any thing thats not in the criteria above would be left unchanged. Thanks in advance. Hi use Format - Conditional Format for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany <xxnonexnonexx@tampascanner.info> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ept0s0...

mask and allow negative values problem
I have a text box where I want to allow the user to enter at most 5 digits to the left of the decimal and 3 to the right. I'd normally mask this as follows: 99999.999 I also need to allow them to enter negatives but I DON'T want to allow for 6 digits to the left of the decimal. I still want 5. But it appears that I'm stuck with this so that they can enter the minus sign and still have 5 digits. The trouble is that this also now would allow 6 digits for positive values. #99999.999 Is there a way to mask this so that I get the behavior my client requires? Thanks, Keith Have ...

Excel problem #3

CRM 3.0 Queue not working
Dear Experts, Application: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Application Status: Vanilla Install, No Customizations yet Application Area Issue: Queues Background: We have been using CRM from version 1.2 and recently upgraded to 3.0 without many issues We use CRM to track Helpdesk trouble tickets in a typical service model and used Queues to manage the incoming emails from customers to our helpdesk@xxxxx.com account • We followed the queue setup point by point. • We googled every known issue regarding Queue problems others have had (ie. MSDN, Technet, Forums etc) • We tested every documented...

how to get ten lower values
hii i have a question in my mind that i want someone to solve that i tried alot and thought of it alot . the question is that how to get the ten or less or more lower values in the querry as we get top values in querry. thanks in advance. Same way you the the top "large" values, except use an ORDER BY clause that is DESC for the field in question. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Naveed Pathan" <NaveedPathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FC210D7-C91B-4FB3-AAE6-521533C156C0@microsoft.com... > hii i have a question in my mind...

Barcode Addition
I have acquired a Truetype barcode font. Is there a way to create and include address barcodes in or out of Publisher? -- Maurice <Maurice@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have acquired a Truetype barcode font. Is there a way to create and > include address barcodes in or out of Publisher? An article: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP011269721033.aspx -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher I would suggest that you read up on barcodes as there is way more to it than having a barcode font.. -- Mike Hall MVP - Windows Sh...

New Message #3
Is there a way in Outlook 2007 when creating a new message to only have it show the contacts name in the To: box rather than the name and e-mail address? Sure...in Contacts fill in the "Display as:" field with however you want their name to be displayed. Tim "BBran" <bbran@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:%23$mytJesHHA.484@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Is there a way in Outlook 2007 when creating a new message to only have it > show the contacts name in the To: box rather than the name and e-mail > address? > If you configure the Email Display...

Additional Licenses
I recently purchased licenses for 2 additional lanes for a client's RMS Store Ops system. They were sent a new (parallel) dongle. When they try to log on to POS on the 2 additional registers the system acts as if it is still only licensed for 1 lane & says register 1 already logged on. Is there something they must to to have RMS recognize the additional licenses? You might try uninstalling the dongle driver( rainbow) and reinstalling it. So it sees the new one. "Ron Bender" <Ron Bender@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6081F9C-FE5C-4146-A01C-9DB6...

Split database into smaller db based on values
I have a database with multiple tables. I need to break the database into smaller files based on states. I've been able to do this one at a time by using the transfer Database function in a Macro but i'd like to set this up to loop through the different state values in my Locations table and save each new database into a different folder. for example: run query for orders where state = CA then transfer the query data into a table in a file of the same name but directory C:/CA/mydata.mdb then OR C:/OR/mydata.mdb. any help would be appreciated The approach of sp...

Matching xsd:enumeration values with spaces in classes
Hi, I have a simple enumeration in my schema: <xs:element name="el_1"> <xs:simpleType> <xs:restiction base="xs:string"> <xs:enumeration value="value and space 1"/> <xs:enumeration value="value2 with spaces"/> ... </xs:restiction> </xs:simpleType> <xs:element> ..Net 2003 xsd.exe utility generates a corresponding enumeration without any spaces (all commas, full stops, etc. are also removed). Now I need to match the value of the element with one stored in my reference table in...

Automatically change list values #3
Thanks, that works perfectly for me -- DKer ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DKerr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1308 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27040 ...

Presence Detection
HI, I am running Exchange 2K3 with Outlook 2003. I have precense detection working (Call Work etc...) I would like to add a link to my companies portal web page in the Additional Actions window. Currently it says "No additional actions found", so I assume you should be able to add tasks/actions here. Is this possible, if so how is this done? Thanks ...