Adding total dollars based on specific data from another column

I have a cell I'm trying to calculate the total dollars based on specific
criteria from a column of data.  Example, column A has 25 cells with data
like A, B, C, D, E, F, and a second column with dollar amounts associated
with each of these outcomes, i.e. A=$5, B=$2, C=$9 etc. I want to create a
formula in a different cell that tells me "if cell = A for $5 then what is
the total dollar amount.  A "if then" scenario....Any help????
--
Espo
0

Hi!

Maybe this:

=SUMIF(A1:A25,"A",B1:B25)

Biff

"Espo" <Espo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a cell I'm trying to calculate the total dollars based on specific
> criteria from a column of data.  Example, column A has 25 cells with data
> like A, B, C, D, E, F, and a second column with dollar amounts associated
> with each of these outcomes, i.e. A=$5, B=$2, C=$9 etc. I want to create a
> formula in a different cell that tells me "if cell = A for $5 then what is
> the total dollar amount.  A "if then" scenario....Any help????
> --
> Espo

0
biffinpitt (3171)

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Formatting Cells/Data
Hi, I hope you are doing well. I have a file I downloaded from our AS/400 (OS400 operating system). I open the file as a text file and go thru the wizard for converting the file to excel format. One of the columns/fields is numeric with some neg and pos numbers and some blank cell contents. During the wizard conversion the field is categorized as DOUBLE with no option to change the field. When I finish the wizard I save the file as an Excel workbook. Then I use the autosum option to calculate the total of the field/column; however, it only picks up on the positive #'s. Hence the t...

Cut not Copy Appended Data
In this great Macro, created by Micky (MVP), is there a way to cut and paste the data from all the columns instead of copy and paste? I just want all the appended data in Column A". Sub Tony() Application.ScreenUpdating = False LR = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count LC = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Columns.Count Ind = LR + 1 For C = 2 To LC For R = 1 To LR If Cells(R, C) <> "" Then Cells(Ind, 1) = Cells(R, C) Ind = Ind + 1 End If Next Next Application.ScreenUpdati...

Why formula doesn't change on column insertion?
Hello: I know I will feel stupid when I hear the answer, but... If I have a formula ( =average(a1:a5) ), and I insert a new column, the formula, being relative, changes to ( =average(a1:a6) ). This works fine in a test. BUT I have a working spreadsheet in which inserting a column does *not* change the relative formula. Why? I can't see anything different in my working spreadsheet... -- Fred Boer Never mind - resolved. -- Fred Boer "Fred Boer" <fredboer1@NOyahooSPAM.com> wrote in message news:uin$VfrDIHA.5160@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello: > >...

ADDING A NUMBER

Is there a way to insert photos into excel at a specific size?
I need to insert multiple photos into an excel spreadsheet and would like to know if there is a fast way to resize the photos to the same size. Can it be inserted at a predesignated size to prevent from having to size each individual photo? Maybe you could start with this: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3E1F6985.69EF880%40msn.com (watch out for line wrap in the first response--it's discussed in the later posts.) srvwannabe wrote: > > I need to insert multiple photos into an excel spreadsheet and would like to > know if there is a fast way to resize the photos to t...

When adding attachments...

Countif with 1+ specifics
=SUMPRODUCT(('[Summary.xls]Jan 04'!$U$5:$U$1000=1)*('[Summary.xls]Jan 04'!$J$5:$J$1000="Fax")) I want to add E-mail, Letter and Telephone to the sencond part of countif. Ii cant just add them with comma's like "Fax", "Email" etc, how can this be done without having to add up several equations? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "ianripping >" <<ianripping.10omsh@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote... >=SUMPRODUCT(('[Summary.xls]Jan 04'!$U$5:$U$1000=1)*('[Summary.xls]Jan >04'!$J$5:$J$1000...

Another Outlook Question
Whenever I compose a message the window always is small and I have to maximize this. Is there a way to have thw window always be large? Thanks and may God bless you John -- Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal (Matt 6:19-20). "Jeremiah" <jeremiah@truth.org> wrote in message news:OU8Jd2dJGHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Whenever I compose a message the win...

adding new records

Conditional Formating based on Odd vs. Even
Hi If row in column A contains an even number, shade that row in Colum B-G Yellow, If odd Shade Gray, If blank No Shade. Can this be done i a formula in Conditional Formatting? If so, how? Help appreciated. Nathan Sargean -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Sure. Select B:G Condition 1: Formula is =Len($A1)=0 (no format) Condition 2: Formula is =MOD($A1,2)=0 (yellow format) Condition 3: FOrmula is : =MOD($A1,2)=1 (grey format) Bob Umlas Excel MVP "natei6 >" <<natei6.1699y4@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:natei6.1699y4@excelforum-no...

write macro to input data
I am new at Excel. I want to write a small macro, four or five columns where I can go to column 1 and input data, then go to column 2 and input date, etc., then when I get to the end of the fifth column have it return and go to add more data in column 1. Any help will be appreciated from the experts in Excel. Thanks. one way to do this is to use a worksheet_change event right click sheet tab>view code>copy/paste this>modify to suit>SAVE Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Target.Row > 5 And Target.Column = 8 Then ActiveCell.Offset(1, ...

How do I exclude data using the IIF statement in report builder
I have data in my dataset that I want to exclude in the average calculation for the final report (those with a key.value of 999). Here is how my statement is written but it is not returning any value. What am I doing wrong? =iif((Fields!MeasureID.Value = 1 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 16) and NOT Fields!Key.Value = 999, round(Avg(Fields!CY_Rate.Value),0), iif((Fields!MeasureID.Value = 19 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 20 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 21 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 22 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 23 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 24) and NOT Fields!Key.Value = 999, roun...

Removing messages based on sender
Has anyone heard of a way to remove messages from the store based on the sender address? I know exmerge can target subject and attachment, but I'd like to target the sender address. Thanks in advance. Exmerge might have that option. Not possitive though. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Microsoft Exchange Server http://mvps.org/exchange "Bobby Hilliard" <robhillj@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:OCBI28lTEHA.760@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Has anyone heard of a way to remove messages from the store based on the > sender address? I know exmerge can ta...

Specific Font that be contained within Office 2004 do not appear to Font Box on Mac OS X 10.3(panther). #2
There are "Gulim.ttf" and "Batang.ttf" Within Font Folder in Office 2004 Folder (Application folder or Office 2004 CD) These fonts are Window True type Font and Hangul font (using Korean) I have known the font automatically be installed in Font Box when Office 2004 setup. After I had selected these fonts beside All Font in collection window of font box then used disable button, These fonts disappeared in font Box. Perhaps it is rightful!. However When I added these fonts repeatedly, Only The "Batang.ttf" font appeared on Font Box window. unfortunately The &...

In Dialog Based application are you Create View class.
Hai, In Dialog Based application are you Create View class. Thank you, Bye You should not need a view a MFC Dialog based appliation. If you do, look at SDI/MDI instead. You can use a CFormView based view which uses a dialog as a template in Doc/View paradigm. --------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com You can create a view in a dialog: http://www.codeproject.com/docview/dfv.asp But I haven't seen that done very often. I tend to just use an SDI or MDI framework for anything that needs a view class. Tom "jagadeesh" <jagadeeshbabu.mca@gmail.com> wrote in mes...

can't change how data on 2nd axis is being displayed
I have created a chart with columns on 1 axis and lines on the other. My problem is that I want to show the information on the 2nd axis in correlation to the information that is being displayed on the primary axis. For example, my data for the primary axis is Revenue by Market Segment by Year and the data on my secondary axis is Number of Sales Order by Market Segment by Year. What I am trying to do is so the data point for the Number of Sales order for a particular year in the same place as the revenue for the particular year and market segment is being displayed on the primary axis...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

combination of stacked and clustered column
Hi! Any ways to combine two types of chars: sgtacked columns and clustered columns? B.R GmA If you stagger your data, you can create side-by-side stacked columns. Bernard Liengme has an example and instructions on his site: http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Columns.htm and Jon Peltier has links to other sites with information: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Grigori Margolin wrote: > Any ways to combine two types of chars: sgtacked columns and clustered > columns? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http:...

duplicating data
I have 2 excel worksheets, both are in different formats. Both will contain the same data but spread across different parts of the worksheets. if I have filled in the data for 1 worksheet, how can i automate this data to be filled into the other worksheet? In Sheet2 use linking formulas. Sheet2 H1 formula is =Sheet1!A1 For contiguous areas these can be copied by dragging. For non-contiguous areas..........manually enter references. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 08:13:17 -0700 (PDT), Lynn <moley_cruz@yahoo.com.au> wrote: >I have 2 excel work...

Adding alternate columns

Validating data in a subform against data in main form
I have a main form with a subform. Each form is bound to its own table but are linked through a primary key (customerID). On the main form, I have a customer's date of birth (dob). On the subform, I have the customrer's date of order (doo). Basically, I want to validate that the date of order entered by the user is later than the date of birth. How can I do this? I tried to do it in the subform's BeforeUpdate event but it failed. It didn't seem to recognize dob (customer's date of birth). Perhaps, I was not referring to dob properly. I'm new to ...