Adding Time Format

I am adding time for a day and would like the total to be returned in a
different format.  If I needed the time between 8:30am and 12:00pm added up
it displays 3:30 as my total.  How do I have it display 3.5 as the total?
Currently the total cell is formatted [hh]:mm.  Thanks for the help.
0
jtinne (33)

you need to do something like this

A1: 8:30 AM
A2: 12:00 PM
A3: =(A2-A1)*24

and then format A3 as a number.

"jtinne" wrote:

> I am adding time for a day and would like the total to be returned in a
> different format.  If I needed the time between 8:30am and 12:00pm added up
> it displays 3:30 as my total.  How do I have it display 3.5 as the total?
> Currently the total cell is formatted [hh]:mm.  Thanks for the help.
0
Sloth (218)

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Charting Time Samples
I have a spread sheet with a time value in hours:minutes:seconds in column A and another on column B with a value in hours:minutes:seconds. In column C is the difference betwen the two. (=TEXT(B1-A1,"h:mm:ss") with a results like this.... 0:00:48 0:00:48 0:00:48 0:00:48 0:00:50 0:00:48 0:00:50 0:00:52 0:00:52 0:00:57 0:00:58 0:00:58 0:00:58 0:00:58 0:00:58 0:01:00 0:01:00 0:01:00 0:01:00 0:01:00 0:01:00 0:01:00 0:01:02 0:01:02 0:00:04 0:00:04 0:00:04 0:00:04 0:00:06 0:00:06 0:00:06 0:00:06 0:00:06 0:00:06 0:00:06 0:00:25 0:00:25 0:00:25 0:03:25 0:00:27 How do I chart these time samp...

401 times out on sending worksheet mssg to headquarters
Doing a 401 and backdating to beginning of year to get these records from store db (the store db was originally QS2000 and upgrade to 2.0 was done; 101 sync with HQ was done as well and both were successful); the test database connection on both server and client are successful, and 401 without backdating processes OK but the backdated 401 hangs at the end, after uploading store data to HQ is successful, then Sending Worksheet message to headquarters is the task that hangs and times out after an hour; upload bandwidth isn't the best, this may be the reason? Is there a KB or section...

oulokk calander items time changes on send/receive
I have connected outlook 2003 with my hotmail account. When I change the timing of an existing appointment (e.g. 26 May 2010 old time 1600 hrs, new time 1700 hrs) in the Outlook 2003 calendar and press send/receive (F9), the new time moves back to 12 hrs and the same appointment is now displayed in 26 May 2010 but at 0500 hrs. ...

Automatically Update Date/Time in Template
I can insert a date/time in a new message if I am using Word as my editor, but then I cannot save it as a template (why you would want an auto-updating field in a message that cannot be stored as a template is another question). If I switch off Word as the editor so that I can save as a template, I cannot insert a date/time and have it auto-update. Is there a way out of this conundrum, or should I just chalk it up to another peculiarity of MS software? Thanks for any assistance. ...

Formatting Cells/Data
Hi, I hope you are doing well. I have a file I downloaded from our AS/400 (OS400 operating system). I open the file as a text file and go thru the wizard for converting the file to excel format. One of the columns/fields is numeric with some neg and pos numbers and some blank cell contents. During the wizard conversion the field is categorized as DOUBLE with no option to change the field. When I finish the wizard I save the file as an Excel workbook. Then I use the autosum option to calculate the total of the field/column; however, it only picks up on the positive #'s. Hence the t...

ADDING A NUMBER

Condition Format syntax
I have pairs of cells to test. What I want to check is if the value of the 2nd cell is higher than the first, but less than 1.5 times as high. I've tried various syntax combinations using 'Formula is', but just can't seem to hit the right one (Excel 2003). Can anyone help? -- Paul Hyett, Cheltenham (change 'invalid83261' to 'blueyonder' to email me) Hi Paul, Try this one: =IF(B1>A1,IF(B1<A1*1.5,"Yes","No"),"No") Regards, Per "Paul Hyett" <vidcapper@invalid83261.co.uk> skrev i meddelelsen news:XeIMdj...

adding new records

When adding attachments...

Formatting
When my transcriptionist sends me a document in Word (we are both using 2003), the formatting gets slightly changed. ie. there is no longer a space between paragraphs where there should be. It usually takes one hit of the enter key or tab to correct the problem. Why is this happening and how can we fix it. In which format is the document saved? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Cinpt521" <Cinpt521@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34FCBAD4-29FE-4F67-8259-60B455B5B0BD@microsoft.com... > When my transcriptionist sends me a document ...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Adding alternate columns

Measuring time
Hello, I am using the following lines of code to measure the time taken by a function in a MFC application(on Windows 2000/Windows XP) and to display the time in milliseconds on the main dialog. DWORD startTime=0; DWORD ElapsedTime=0; DWORD endTime=0; CString dispTime=""; startTime = GetTickCount(); //function is called here ............................ endTime=GetTickCount(); ElapsedTime = endTime - startTime; dispTime.Format("%d ms",ElapsedTime); m_sBerTime = dispTime; UpdateData(FALSE); The problem is that the times measured and displayed vary as much as by more t...

Adding fields from a different query

Horizontal Time (X-axis)
Hello, I am attemping to graph a horizontal 24 hour time period in Excel. At the left side would be 08:00 and at the right side would be 07:59 On that bar I am attempting to plot the start and ending times of 14 batch jobs that run in order to track them over time and adjust the schedules to be more efficient. I have run through all the graphs that are built in and the closest I have come is a diagonal, 45 degree, line of time. My column A is the name of the jobs My column B is the start time of the jobs My column C is the 24 hour clock (08:00; 09:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00...2...

Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug where the payees in my downloaded transactions are automatically added to my payee list (this despite the fact that I've checked off the option "Confirm new payees"). This alone would be worth the upgrade. On the subject of 2006, does anyone know if Microsoft added the cookie jar concept to accounts? The cookie jar allows you to squirrel money away within an account. TIA greg.block@gmail.com wrote: >Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug >where the payees in my downlo...

Modifying "Project Time" of my Business Portal with web parts
Hi All, Can we modify the Project Time in such a way that it can contain a web part Any help on this would be ery handy Thanks, -- Kuldeep ...

AD Monitoring
Is there a listing somewhere of what all components in AD should be minitored, thresholds, etc...we are evaluating a monitoring solution and need this information to take a decision on the product to use Hello Sameer, For performance start here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961943.aspx Also see: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727046.aspx Use the included links from: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc739728(WS.10).aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

Adding Terms & Conditions to the Quote Form
We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C) text to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in Report Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is approximately 4-5 pages long. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of text to a GP form? Thank you in advance. Scott No can do Scott - Report Writer is just not capable of this. The best solution is to purchase Accountable Software's Forms Printer - www.accountable.com. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East...