Adding note numbers to cells

I would like to be able to add printable cross-references to individual
cells in Excel for Office 97 (or later).
The references should appear as small text, such as a superscript in the
corner of the cell.

I can achieve an effect close to what I desire, by adding a "Comment" to a
cell.  The Comment would be just the cross-reference, and would be resized
small as desired.  But even if I set comments to "Show", they only appear on
the screen but I want the effect to be printable.

Help??  Thanks very much

--
Return email address is not as DEEP as it appears

0
mind-the-gap (250)

Oh God, forget that I have found it in Page Setup.  Just a mental block.

"Jack Schitt" <mind-the-gap@DEEPblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> I would like to be able to add printable cross-references to individual
> cells in Excel for Office 97 (or later).
> The references should appear as small text, such as a superscript in the
> corner of the cell.
>
> I can achieve an effect close to what I desire, by adding a "Comment" to a
> cell.  The Comment would be just the cross-reference, and would be resized
> small as desired.  But even if I set comments to "Show", they only appear
on
> the screen but I want the effect to be printable.
>
> Help??  Thanks very much
>
> --
> Return email address is not as DEEP as it appears

0
mind-the-gap (250)

Cell refering filename in formula bar
How do you refer filename1 to a cell in the formula bar? Example: ='\\Year 2004\September\[_filename1_.xls]sheet1'!$A$1 A | B | C 1 | | 2 | filename1 | 3 | | 4 | | ="\\Year 2004\September\["_B2_".xls]sheet1'!$A$1 will not work -- yee ve ----------------------------------------------------------------------- yee ven's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1479 View this thread: http://www.excel...

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

can you SAVE journal, note entries from Outlook 2000?
I can't find a way to save all my notes, journal entries, etc, I make in Outlook 2000 other than by the use of the "archive function" which I find unsatisfactory since it gets rid of entries when they are archived as well as only saving after a certain time. If I can't save all the notes from Outlook 2000 as I go, and I need to rely on the records I make at a later date - I find using Outook not worth it!! Could some good person give me enlightenment??!! You could create a new .PST file and manually copy items to it by drag and drop... -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP...

ADDING A NUMBER

adding new records

click on a cell to expand with more information
I am making a phone contact record for work. How can I make a cell (with a customers name in it) expose more details or information about that customer, when hovered over with the pointer? I also need to know how to enter the information to be viewed. 2nd question - How do I create a line between multiple entries for the same customer and the next customer? example: John Doe 05/05/05 123-456-7891 9:00 left message John Doe 05/08/05 123-456-7891 9:30 left message John Doe 05/08/05 123-456-7891 10:00 returned call _____________...

Count cells that Contain text
Is there a way in excel to count the number of cells in a colum tha contain a specific piece of text, e.g. "ACT" I know that I can use the countif or sumproduct functions to coun cells which *only* contain "ACT" but I need to count the number o cells in a column which countain ACT but may also contain other text a well. You can manually do it using autofilters but I need to count it using formula. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ta And -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =COUNTIF(Range,"*ACT*") -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private...

When adding attachments...

NUMBERS
HOW DO I PUT A ZERO IN FRONT OF MY NUMBERS EVERY TIME I GO TO NEXT CELL THE ZERO DISAPERS AND A COMMA APEARS I DONT WANT THIS?? HEL THANKS Hi first: please turn of your CAPS-Lock. It's considered as shouting in newsgroups Not quite sure about your issue but ry 'Tools - options - Edit' and uncheck 'fixed Decimals' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany LILA wrote: > HOW DO I PUT A ZERO IN FRONT OF MY NUMBERS EVERY TIME I GO TO NEXT > CELL THE ZERO DISAPERS AND A COMMA APEARS I DONT WANT THIS??? > > HELP > > THANKS Hi Lila! What numbers are you...

How to delete all calender,tasks,notes,contacts from outlook?
Looks like even after I deleted my outlook program. There is still a database saved. How do I delete all data so I can start with a fresh blank outlook? you can either create a new one or delete the profile and pst - see control panel, mail applet. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Mes...

create a new worksheet when a cell has a date entered
I am trying to create a new worksheet when a cell has a date entered into it For instant in Worksheet 1 you type into cell B11 a date I would like to automaticly create a new worksheet and call it that date entered to B11 Then if I type a Date into cell B12 a new worksheet would be created and named the date entered into B12 and so on Is this out of the question See response in your other post. "Zane" wrote: > I am trying to create a new worksheet when a cell has a date entered > into it > > For instant in Worksheet 1 you type into cell B11 a date > I would l...

Custom Number Format #4
hi there, I�ve got a list of equipments that are tagged with the company� inventory number. Each item has its own tag which�s composed by eigh characters and the first is separated by an "-" , like this example *1-0012345*. Unfortunately the list is generated by an old system that can hold onl 12 character tags and doesn�t support any other symbols. Therefore, it puts a couple of ZEROS to replace the " - " symbol, an another couple of ZEROS at the end to sum up 12 characters. In the end the tags look like: *100001234500*. How can I format the tag column to display the o...

merging cells #3
Hi, I got an Excel file from a friend where I combined two columns, area code and phone number. Everything works in Excel, except that the rows and column lines are grey and not black. Outlook does not see the new column. What could be the problem? Thanks AJS Solved it. "AJS" <newsgroup@sorga.com> wrote in message news:%232OPgj%23dJHA.4900@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... | Hi, | I got an Excel file from a friend where I combined two columns, area code | and phone number. | Everything works in Excel, except that the rows and column lines are | grey and not black. | Outlook does n...

Sort by: Site ID/Item Number/Bin for Stock Count Entry Screen
Would like an additional sort selection in the Stock Count Entry Screen. Sort by: Site ID/Item Number/Bin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7e69d84a-032e-4f61...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Adding alternate columns

delete first two words in a cell
hi, can someone tell me how i manage to delete the first two words in cell? eg. July 24: info prodid4775 gorass andreas -should become- info prodid4775 gorass andreas or is it possible to extract every word beginning at the third one? i was playing around with some code i found at excel tip: =IF(ISERR(FIND(" ",A1)),A1,LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1)) it is supposed to extract the first word of A1. for some reason i only get an error message. i am working with excel 2002. hope someone can help me out greetz f -- flashing fran ------------------------------------------------...

Notes Connector with Multiple Address Book
Hello, Does anyone know if a field exist when importing contact from NOTES to define from which .nsf file they have been synchronized from? I'm actually importing around 20 address book from NOTES to Exchange and I have no way to identify for all the imported contact from which address book they are coming from. If you know a way to map the address book file name to a custom attribute or any other way, it will be appreciated Thank Michel Lapointe ...

Adding fields from a different query

Limit number of Duplicates
I have a registry for a competition...each team can only register four groups for a particular event, and three for another, and five for a third event. All events are seperate tables, related by Team Name. I have set the team name field to allow for duplicates, but am curious if I can limit the number of duplicates to the allowed number of entries. Can I set some sort of rule to allow for duplicates, not to exceed 4 (or any given number)? Should this rule or validation be set at the table level, or in the form? Thanks. On Jan 20, 6:44=A0pm, DeputySmith...@gmail.com wrote: > I have a ...