Adding New Cell Formats

I have added a few custom Cell formats to the list given with Excel. #,##0 etc.
I have adde 0) and (0) etc.
Is there a formula I can write to enter feet and inches so I don't have to
use ' & " everytime I enter.
I have to type 1'-2". Is there a way I can format the cell so I just have to
enter 1-2 or something short like that?

thanks
dpal

Cell refering filename in formula bar
How do you refer filename1 to a cell in the formula bar? Example: ='\\Year 2004\September\[_filename1_.xls]sheet1'!$A$1 A | B | C 1 | | 2 | filename1 | 3 | | 4 | | ="\\Year 2004\September\["_B2_".xls]sheet1'!$A$1 will not work -- yee ve ----------------------------------------------------------------------- yee ven's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1479 View this thread: http://www.excel...

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

no sound for new mail in inbox
i have same problems about sound. 1. does that mean i have to leave outlook open for 5 minutes or longer to hear a sound for new mail in the inbox? 2, do i have to create a rule to play a sound for items going into personal folders?and how do you do that? 1. Please quote the post to which you are referring - no one here has any idea what the original question/answer entailed. 2. Post your version of Outlook. 3. Use rules and alerts. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: h...

Condition Format syntax
I have pairs of cells to test. What I want to check is if the value of the 2nd cell is higher than the first, but less than 1.5 times as high. I've tried various syntax combinations using 'Formula is', but just can't seem to hit the right one (Excel 2003). Can anyone help? -- Paul Hyett, Cheltenham (change 'invalid83261' to 'blueyonder' to email me) Hi Paul, Try this one: =IF(B1>A1,IF(B1<A1*1.5,"Yes","No"),"No") Regards, Per "Paul Hyett" <vidcapper@invalid83261.co.uk> skrev i meddelelsen news:XeIMdj...

ADDING A NUMBER

adding new records

click on a cell to expand with more information
I am making a phone contact record for work. How can I make a cell (with a customers name in it) expose more details or information about that customer, when hovered over with the pointer? I also need to know how to enter the information to be viewed. 2nd question - How do I create a line between multiple entries for the same customer and the next customer? example: John Doe 05/05/05 123-456-7891 9:00 left message John Doe 05/08/05 123-456-7891 9:30 left message John Doe 05/08/05 123-456-7891 10:00 returned call _____________...

When adding attachments...

Count cells that Contain text
Is there a way in excel to count the number of cells in a colum tha contain a specific piece of text, e.g. "ACT" I know that I can use the countif or sumproduct functions to coun cells which *only* contain "ACT" but I need to count the number o cells in a column which countain ACT but may also contain other text a well. You can manually do it using autofilters but I need to count it using formula. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ta And -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =COUNTIF(Range,"*ACT*") -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private...

New Entry Point for a DLL
Hey all. I have a problem with a DLL written in VC++ 6.00. There are 5 existing entry points, and I'm trying to create a new one. I've copied the syntax of the existing code - I have a method that looks like this: double WINAPI getElapsedSecs() { return elapsedSecs; } and a declaration that sits with the other declaration and looks like this: extern "C" double WINAPI getElapsedSecs(); I rebuild the DLL, and everything seems to have compiled ok. However, when the .NET parent program tries to call this entry point, I get an EntryPointNotFoundException....

Formatting
When my transcriptionist sends me a document in Word (we are both using 2003), the formatting gets slightly changed. ie. there is no longer a space between paragraphs where there should be. It usually takes one hit of the enter key or tab to correct the problem. Why is this happening and how can we fix it. In which format is the document saved? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Cinpt521" <Cinpt521@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34FCBAD4-29FE-4F67-8259-60B455B5B0BD@microsoft.com... > When my transcriptionist sends me a document ...

Inbox doesn't show new emails in Outlook 2007
When I am looking in the Inbox and new emails arrive they don't appear although the number of unread emails in the Inbox increases. I have to select another folder and then return to the Inbox to see the new emails. -- Peter Saxton from London peter@petersaxton.co.uk What kind of email account? Do you have any anti-virus Outlook plugin disabled, especially AVG's? Patrick Schmid -------------- http://pschmid.net "peter@petersaxton.co.uk" <peter@petersaxton.co.uk> wrote in message news:f9vb82hg7m14to2ep3pr3qkh761bbo0k3d@4ax.com: > When I am looking in the Inbo...

Conditional Formating based on Odd vs. Even
Hi If row in column A contains an even number, shade that row in Colum B-G Yellow, If odd Shade Gray, If blank No Shade. Can this be done i a formula in Conditional Formatting? If so, how? Help appreciated. Nathan Sargean -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Sure. Select B:G Condition 1: Formula is =Len($A1)=0 (no format) Condition 2: Formula is =MOD($A1,2)=0 (yellow format) Condition 3: FOrmula is : =MOD($A1,2)=1 (grey format) Bob Umlas Excel MVP "natei6 >" <<natei6.1699y4@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:natei6.1699y4@excelforum-no...

Error when add New User #2
Hi, dont know when it happened. When I add new user to production MSCRM 4, there is an error message (An error Has occurred.....). However, when I try to add this user to my test CRM, it can successfully add without any problem. Both servers are running the same spec and version. I tried to add different users to production but all failed. I have set the deverror to ON but the error message still appear as An error has occurs. Apart from that, I have used CRM diagostic Tool but cannot see anything unusual from the log. I have even run the repair but effort is all wasted. Please He...

Using multicell range when single cell prescribed
This is unusual (to me) range usage. It is NOT entered as array formula. A1=123 A2=456 B1=left(A1:A10,1) B2=left(A1:A10,1) Note the results. Additional observations - you can stick dollar signs on 1 and 10: no result change. You can (instead) copy B1 to B2: no result change. It's as though using a range where you "ought" to be using a single cell [range] is interpreted as "the cell for column A of current row" (for this choice of A1:A10).However note that B1=left(A2:A10,1) gives #VALUE. Is this a beneficial (and reliable) tactic in some situations, for some worksheet...

Add new field to grid
I have added the Customer Ship to Address to the RM Customer Inquiry grid. I need to create VBA code to populate this field. In a grid window, where do I open the data base and at what point do I read the table to populate this field. Thank you Amy Hi Amy Using the Window_AfterOpen event, you will need to use RetrieveGlobals to obtain the login credentials, then ADO to open a connection to the SQL server. You close the connection on the Window_AfterClose event. Then on the Before_LinePopulate event on the Grid form, you perform the actual SQL query. I have an example you can have ...

How to send alert to mobile device when new mail arrives?
Gurus, I have a user who is member of a mail-enabled distribution group. She would like to recieve an alert or notification on her mobile whenever mail is recieved through this group address. How can I accomplish this? I'm using Exchange 2003 SP2 on Server2003. Thanks, -Michael On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 16:18:02 -0700, Holo20 <Holo20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Gurus, > >I have a user who is member of a mail-enabled distribution group. She would >like to recieve an alert or notification on her mobile whenever mail is >recieved through this group address. How ...

create a new worksheet when a cell has a date entered
I am trying to create a new worksheet when a cell has a date entered into it For instant in Worksheet 1 you type into cell B11 a date I would like to automaticly create a new worksheet and call it that date entered to B11 Then if I type a Date into cell B12 a new worksheet would be created and named the date entered into B12 and so on Is this out of the question See response in your other post. "Zane" wrote: > I am trying to create a new worksheet when a cell has a date entered > into it > > For instant in Worksheet 1 you type into cell B11 a date > I would l...

merging cells #3
Hi, I got an Excel file from a friend where I combined two columns, area code and phone number. Everything works in Excel, except that the rows and column lines are grey and not black. Outlook does not see the new column. What could be the problem? Thanks AJS Solved it. "AJS" <newsgroup@sorga.com> wrote in message news:%232OPgj%23dJHA.4900@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... | Hi, | I got an Excel file from a friend where I combined two columns, area code | and phone number. | Everything works in Excel, except that the rows and column lines are | grey and not black. | Outlook does n...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Adding alternate columns