adding months to an inputted date

I need a function that will take a date that a user has typed in a different
cell and will then add two months to the date.  For instance, if I type
"2/12/05" in B1, then I want C2 to be: "4/12/05".  Thank you for any help
that you may be able to give.

Logan
0
BLW (9)

=DATE(YEAR(B1),MONTH(B1)+2,DAY(B1))

however what do you want the date to be in C2 if B1 is
01/30/05?

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"BLW" wrote:

> I need a function that will take a date that a user has typed in a different
> cell and will then add two months to the date.  For instance, if I type
> "2/12/05" in B1, then I want C2 to be: "4/12/05".  Thank you for any help
> that you may be able to give.
>
> Logan
0
PeoSjoblom (789)
6/8/2005 3:11:03 PM
Hi Logan

=DATE(YEAR(B1),MONTH(B1)+1,DAY(B1))

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"BLW" <BLW@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding
> I need a function that will take a date that a user has typed in a
different
> cell and will then add two months to the date.  For instance, if I type
> "2/12/05" in B1, then I want C2 to be: "4/12/05".  Thank you for any help
> that you may be able to give.
>
> Logan

0
innocent (844)
6/8/2005 3:11:39 PM
Sorry. +2 of course.

Best wishes Harald

"Harald Staff" <innocent@enron.invalid> skrev i melding
> Hi Logan
>
> =DATE(YEAR(B1),MONTH(B1)+1,DAY(B1))
>
> HTH. Best wishes Harald
>
> "BLW" <BLW@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding
> > I need a function that will take a date that a user has typed in a
> different
> > cell and will then add two months to the date.  For instance, if I type
> > "2/12/05" in B1, then I want C2 to be: "4/12/05".  Thank you for any
help
> > that you may be able to give.
> >
> > Logan

0
innocent (844)
6/8/2005 3:34:54 PM
>however what do you want the date to be in C2 if B1 is
>01/30/05?

Since he's adding 2 months, you probably meant 12/30/2005, no?

0
anonymous (74722)
6/8/2005 7:28:12 PM
Correct <g>

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Myrna Larson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >however what do you want the date to be in C2 if B1 is
>>01/30/05?
>
> Since he's adding 2 months, you probably meant 12/30/2005, no?

0
terre081 (3244)

Adding email addresses to my Address Book
How do I forward the address of the sender of an incoming email to my Address Book? Outlook 2003. R click the address > Add to Contacts... (Outlook does not use an address book, it uses Contacts Folders) -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Craig" <jcstone1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:xaudnfGpK4iBeP_cRVn-qg@comcast.com... > How do I forward the address of the sender of an incoming email to my > Address Book? Outlook 2003. > > ...

Date Format in Footer
Is there away to change the format of the date in the footer of an excel document? Keith in Las Vegas Hi Keith, One solution is to code it: you can put the following code into the thisWorkbook object and everytime you print the format will be what ever you code here: Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterFooter = Format(Date, "M-DD-YYYY") End Sub All you need to do is modify the "M-DD-YYYY" any way you want. These are just the date format codes you see when you choose Format, Cells, Number tab, Date, then Custom. For...

displaying query and report in order by day and month
I have a query that I want to run a report from, my query uses month and day as separate fields as is the year, for example January is just that January, and the days are 1,2,3,etc.. this is so the user can use a drop down menu from the form to select the date. When i run my query by year it lists the months out of chronological order: February first then January, as opposed to the other way around. When I run by specific days in a month it displays the days out of order as well, regardless of trying to sort by ascending or descending. My dates would go in this type of order: 1,14,1...

problem with AD or DNS
Hello Below I'm presenting result of dcdiag: What should I do? C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.FUNDACJA>dcdiag Domain Controller Diagnosis Performing initial setup: Done gathering initial info. Doing initial required tests Testing server: Default-First-Site-Name\FUNDACJA Starting test: Connectivity The host 95e9e2f3-ba13-443a-8169-44a54ab8d52b._msdcs.cms.idn could not be resolved to an IP address. Check the DNS server, DHCP, server name, etc Although the Guid DNS name (95e9e2f3-ba13-443a-8169-44a54ab8d52b._msdcs.cms.idn) co...

Mailbox not created when new user added
I know I read something about this issue lately, but I can't put my finger on it. I have a Windows 2003 SBS. When I created my user accounts, the properties in ADUC reports the mailbox exists in [servername]/First Storage Group/Mailbox Store[servername]. But the only boxes that show up in Exchange Manager are Administrator, SMTP (servername), System Attendant, and SystemMailbox. I don't have many users, so manually creating them is not a big deal. But I'd like to know what the best practice method is under these circumstances. Exchange Details: Version 6.5, Build 694...

series / date help
I understanding using the fill handle and the series command, But what i need and cant get excel to do is to do a colum of this 01/10/03 01/25/03 02/10/03 02/25/03 with those exact dates add the month as it goes along ,u cant add 15 because of the different months have different days. and if drag the fill handle down it just repeats the above. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi fordguy, You can use this formula to fill the series in the way you want: =IF(DAY(A4)=10,DATE(YEAR(A4),MONTH(A4),25),DATE(YEAR(A4),MONTH(A4)+1,10)) Just paste this below the last date you...

Change Date Format in Excel 2002 Footers
is there a way to automatically set up a workbook so that all worksheets ahve a date footer "DD MMMM, YY" rather than the current default "DD/MM/YY". I am aware of KB article 213742 and have created a work around. However I am looking for a more automatic process that will also cover inserted worksheets. Thanks Barry S Barry, You could try this code in the ThisWorkbbok code module Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.LeftFooter = Format(Date, "dd mmmm, yy") End With End Sub This will apply to...

New User created on AD but no Mailbox in Exchange
environment: exchange 2003 AD 2003 mixed mode OS 2003 in the past i have created new user and the new mailbox eventually appears and all is well. yesterday, i created a new user123 and it appears fine in AD; i send email to user123, email appears to be delivered as there are no bounced notification. exchange system manager shows that there is no such mailbox user123. i tried web mail for user123 and i get "the page cannot be displayed." webmail works fine with my personal userid/mailbox. i deleted user123 created a different user user2 and i have the same problem. what...

Pivot Table
Is there a way in a Pivot table to compare 2 time frames, calculate the $ Amount of Change between these to dates, and then sort by the $ Amount of Change. I have figured out how to compare the 2 dates and was able to calculate the the change outside of the pivot table, but then I can not sort this in descending order. I think this calucation may need to be inside the pivot table to sort by it, but I do not know how to create the calculated field to compare the same data from one year against the same data from the next year. Company 2008 Sales 2009 Sales $ chang...

permissions?
Hi, I have a public folder calendar (exchange server 2003 sp2) i have two mail lists with 250 users each. it does not let me add the groups. is there an easier way then one by one. (i also have the groups as security groups). we use outlook 2003. Thanks in advance. What happens when you try? what is the full error message? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly new...

Date ranges based on related table
Any tips on best way to do this. I have two tables, related one to many Case--Payments I need a query that finds the last payment for each case and outputs an X in one of three columns based on DateDiff('d',LastPayment,Date()) being 0-30 days, 31-90 days or over 90 days. -- Dorian "Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fish and they eat for a lifetime". UNTESTED UNTESTED UNTESTED SELECT Case.ID, (SELECT Max([PayDate]) FROM Payments WHERE Case.ID = Payments.ID) AS LastPayment, DateDiff('d', (SELECT Max(...

Adding a dropdownlist programmatically to a ASP.NET webpage
Hello and thanks in advance, I have an issue that I am trying to work around. I have an aspx page that needs to load up a formated XLS spreadsheet into a DIV tag and then allow the user to input data that will be retrieved later on postback and values store in a MS SQL database. I created an excel spreadsheet and formatted it with the formulas and colors. I also added a combobox from the control toolbox. I also added a checkbox from the control toolbox to another cell. I then saved the page using File-->Save AS WebPage. I checked the 'Add Interactively' checkbox on...

Date format in query export.
I am exporting a query to a .csv file. In a Date field I formatted as so: FormattedActivityDate: Format([Activity Date],"yyyy/mm/dd") The date in the .csv file shows up in the format, "m/dd/yyyy". Anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thanks. Are you certain the field is a date field and not text? Duane Hookom MS Access MVP "Hansplay" <Hansplay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6329CF7-6A0B-440C-9807-58877BB926AC@microsoft.com... > I am exporting a query to a .csv file. In a Date field I formatted as so: > > ...

Adding the "from" field to a new mail message
On occasion, other people will use my Outlook to send a message. I would like to add the "from" field to a new message that I'm sending out so they could add their email address and not mine. How do I display the "from" field? ...

Update table with date and number
I'm trying to update a table with the current date and the current user ID but I keep getting a syntax error. Could somebody check my code and tell me what I'm doing wrong? Dim strUserID As Integer strUserID = DLookup("UserID", "q_GetUser") CurrentDb.Execute "UPDATE (pt_PurchaseOrders) SET pt_PurchaseOrders.CancelledDate = Date(), pt_PurchaseOrders.CancelledBy = strUserID WHERE pt_PurchaseOrders.PONumber = " & Me.PONumber JB - Two things - you want the RunSQL statement (not the Execute), and also the strUserID needs to have ...

How do I check which cells in column are date format?
Hi A few weeks ago I located the answer to this but now I can't find it anywhere. I have a formula that adds 10 years to a date in the cell next to it. My problem is, if one of the dates is not formatted correctly, the formula returns an error. I am sure all I had to do was something along the lines of =(CELL)ISDATE or something like that. It just said TRUE or FALSE........ I may be miles wrong here but I hope someone can help. I just need to see if all the cells in the column are formatted correctly. Kind regards Malcolm Malcolm. A quick look at the CELL function in help wou...

How to create a date mask and drop down list?
I am not sure if this is the proper wording, but is their anyway t create a standard date function/mark, to type dates in without havin to type DASH, having to type out the entire year etc.... Also how can I create a drop downlist to choose from (that show results when I type the first letter or second letter) in a column? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated thanks -Niko -- Niko ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Nikos's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=986 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.c...

Files added and replaced
Just tried to install some application written seems in VB, setup fails, and I decided not to install. I tracked installation with InCtrl5 utility (Registry and Windows), installation report show the following keys and files was added, amongst other stuff: Values added: 2 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\UserAssist\{75048700-EF1F-11D0-9888-006097DEACF9}\Count "HRZR_EHACNGU:R:\TCF\CCVAFGNYYRE.rkr" Type: REG_BINARY Data: 34, 05, 00, 00, 06, 00, 00, 00, B0, 6F, A8, 46, C5, E6, CA, 01 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Wi...

Bar Chart Date XAxis Thin Bars
I have a bar chart with dates on the xaxis being resorted (primary axis = automatic). There are 26 entries over a one year period. The trouble is the bars come out as vertical lines, I can't set the xaxis format so that they have any thickness. If I set the chart to not sort the xaxis then the bars are okay. Your axis is set so the base unit is days. Each bar must then fit within a band 1/365th the width of the chart. If you change the base unit to months, you will have two ro sometimes three points occurring at the same month. You shoucl consider changing from time scale to cate...

Adding data that is not graphed to chart
I have a few existing charts that show percent compliance by category by quarter. There are seven categories on each chart. Is there a way to add the "n" to the chart as a label? I have the sample sizes for each category by quarter in a separate spreadsheet. Is this even possible? Hi, You could add a textbox or use a spare built-in title box, such as Category or Value axis title. These can either be edited manually or be linked to cells. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "mellermj&quo...

Adding "Service Marks"
Currently working on a project where the client has requested that a Service Mark be added to a text field - the equivalent of a super- scripted "SM" by the word. Anyone know a [slick?] way to do this? Oko You posted in a "reports" newsgroup, so I'll assume you are trying to do this in a report. The complex way to do this would be to use a complex type of control (?ActiveX control) that would let you add formatting within the text field. The simple way to do this is to add an additional label or text control immediately to the right of your text control and put ...

Formula for if name begins with and date is less than or equal to.
Im trying to create a formula that gives me a total count for cells that are less than 02/05/10 and the name begins with FHLM, on previous post teethless mama helped me w this, but im still getting a value of 0. Someone please help!! =SUMPRODUCT(--(E1:E100<=DATE(2010,2,5)),--(LEFT(U1:U100,4)="FHLM")) Thanks in advance. Hi, Your formula works fine for me, what problem are you having? Are you sure the dates are really dates and not text? -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions w...

meaningless error ???! adding win 7 to mixed 2003/2008 domain
hello. i'm getting the error below when i attempt to add a windows 7 workstation that was in a workgroup called "WORKGROUP' to a domain that consists of one 2008 DC and two 2003 DCs. --------- "changing the primary Domain DNS name ofthis computer to "" failed. The name will remain "domainname.com. the error was the specified serer cannot perform the requested operation." --------- Strange thing is, even though i get this error, everything seems to work just fine. The primary dns suffix changes to the domain name and i can log onto the ...

Adding a cell
Is it possible to have a Cell keep track of a total number when keyed at separate times. Example: I key the # 24 in a cell then come back to the cell later and key another 24 hoping that the cell will read 48. However, I am just writting over the first 24 when I really want them to add up. I know that a formula cannot be entered into the cell bacause of the Circular Reference. What can I do? You could try a couple of event procedures -- one to store in memory what's in the cell whenever it's selected (SelectionChange), and one to add whatever's in memory when the value is ov...

kicking off a prompt box requiring input when any cell in column C is keyed in
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C402D8.C91DEE70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm exploring the possibility of having a prompt box pop up when any = cell has data keyed in it in column C. For instance if Column C was requiring and answer such as Yes/No and = "yes" was keyed in (or selected from a drop down box), how could I bring = up a box that would force the entering on required data in the adjacent = columns D:F?=20 TIA, AlanN ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C402D8....