Adding Columns #3

I have a spreadsheet with many columns, I need to add a new colum
between each of the current columns, is there a quick way to do this o
have i got to insert each new column individually

--
Paul Sheppar
Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2478

You can do it two steps

Select every other column, Ctrl-click every other column
Insert>Columns
Then Ctl-select every third column
Insert>Columns

--

HTH

RP

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24783
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390859

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
7/28/2005 8:40:20 AM
Wow! Just found that if you Ctrl_select each column individually, then
Insert Columns it does it in one step!

--

wrote in message

> I have a spreadsheet with many columns, I need to add a new column
> between each of the current columns, is there a quick way to do this or
> have i got to insert each new column individually?
>

> --
> Paul Sheppard
> Paul Sheppard's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24783
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390859

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
7/28/2005 8:41:42 AM
Thanks Bo

--
Paul Sheppar
Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2478
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39085

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Text to Column #4
Hello, I have the following text in column A, which is one line: :! 10428712 ! NAME LASTNAME ! 20092004 ! 00458921 ! PMIAVW ! Is it possible with a VBA macro to create a column everytime there's "!" and to delete ":" Thanks for any help, You're going to have to find out what those characters are. I like Chip Pearson's addin: CellView http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm to tell me those funny characters. Then you could use a macro to clean them up: Option Explicit Sub cleanEmUp() Dim myBadChars As Variant Dim iCtr As Lon...

ADDING A NUMBER

Why formula doesn't change on column insertion?
Hello: I know I will feel stupid when I hear the answer, but... If I have a formula ( =average(a1:a5) ), and I insert a new column, the formula, being relative, changes to ( =average(a1:a6) ). This works fine in a test. BUT I have a working spreadsheet in which inserting a column does *not* change the relative formula. Why? I can't see anything different in my working spreadsheet... -- Fred Boer Never mind - resolved. -- Fred Boer "Fred Boer" <fredboer1@NOyahooSPAM.com> wrote in message news:uin$VfrDIHA.5160@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello: > >...

adding new records

eConnect question #3
When integrating inventory items via eConnect, is it possible to assign the item to all existing sites? Tony: Yes you can do that - by building your own code in the taUpdateCreateItemRcdPost procedure - I added the following code and now when I pass one item all of the sites of I have set up are now inserted into the IV00102 table. I just did a quick test and it seemed to work out fine. Here is the simple code you would add to the post procedure. I hope this is what you are looking for - I built this on 9.x (hopefully it pastes in here okay). Code to insert: insert into IV00102 (I...

When adding attachments...

My column headers are numbers
Hello there, The column headings in my spreadsheet are numbers not letters. What have I done? Thank you in advance for your help. Judith Hi goto 'Tools - Options - General' and uncheck 'R1C1 Reference Style' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "JudithJubilee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:097301c4d871$66a88240$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hello there, > The column headings in my spreadsheet are numbers not > letters. What have I done? > > Thank you in advance for your help. > Judith ...

caps in columns
Hey Everyone, Is it possible to have an entire column that automatically formats so that all typed in letters are capital. If it is possible how would I go about doing this. thanks Chris go to google.com and look for free truetype fonts find an all-caps font install it use that font in excell (format.. cells... font) >-----Original Message----- >Hey Everyone, >Is it possible to have an entire column that automatically >formats so that all typed in letters are capital. If it >is possible how would I go about doing this. > >thanks >Chris > >. > Previo...

merging cells #3
Hi, I got an Excel file from a friend where I combined two columns, area code and phone number. Everything works in Excel, except that the rows and column lines are grey and not black. Outlook does not see the new column. What could be the problem? Thanks AJS Solved it. "AJS" <newsgroup@sorga.com> wrote in message news:%232OPgj%23dJHA.4900@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... | Hi, | I got an Excel file from a friend where I combined two columns, area code | and phone number. | Everything works in Excel, except that the rows and column lines are | grey and not black. | Outlook does n...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Question on Connectors. 3 servers
I've confused myself. 3 servers: server1, server2 & server3. Server1 was our original Exchange box. We've outgrown that box and added another, and migrated most accounts to this server: Server2. We had been using NAV for Exchange, but have now purchased MailSweeper. Ran into some problems and decided I need a test server to work out these problems: Server3. I added a test account on the test server. With that account I can send and receive internet email. I did not add a IMC to the test server, so how am I able to "send" using this test account? thanks Hi Jo...

sorting numbers in a column
Problem: The numbers I am sorting are composed of various numbers of integers, some having four digits, others five or six, and so on. I would like to have them sort by number regardless of number of digits. Will Excel let me do this? example: presently it looks like this: 3004 12001656 530393505 2200498378 and I really want it to sort like this: 12001656 2200498378 3004 530393505 Can this be done? -- kailuamike ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kailuamike's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29558 View...

tally the difference between 2 columns
This is for surveys comparing before and after. For example, there are 2 columns below, 1st is before, 2nd is after 3,5 5,5 4,5 4,5 2,5 3,5 .... Is there a way I can calculate: total number of difference beween 2 columns for increase of 1, 2, 3, and 4 or decrease total number of each type of increase: ie. total 5 to 5, 4 to 5, total of 3 to 5, etc I've explored COUNTIFbut how do you have condistions in the criteria (column b - column a = 1) or mulitple conditions (column b - column a = 1 and column a = 4)? thanks for your help, Re: " total number of difference"... =SUMPROD...

Filter for two columns
I have two columns Purchased Date and Depreciation Start Date. Can anyone help me to get the records with Depreciation Start Date greater than Purchased Date. Thanks Hi, sort with two conditions, highlight both columns, 1st condition Depreciation in descending order and as a 2nd condition Purchased in ascending order if this was helpful please say yes "Vadivu" wrote: > I have two columns Purchased Date and Depreciation Start Date. Can anyone > help me to get the records with Depreciation Start Date greater than > Purchased Date. > Thanks Use a helper col. As...

combination of stacked and clustered column
Hi! Any ways to combine two types of chars: sgtacked columns and clustered columns? B.R GmA If you stagger your data, you can create side-by-side stacked columns. Bernard Liengme has an example and instructions on his site: http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Columns.htm and Jon Peltier has links to other sites with information: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Grigori Margolin wrote: > Any ways to combine two types of chars: sgtacked columns and clustered > columns? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http:...

Adding alternate columns

Service pack 3 Release date
when service pack 3 will be release for project server 2007 , WSS 3.0 , MOSS 2007 ? Sam: I haven't heard anything about this yet, but now that we're past RTM, I'm sure it's on the near-term agenda. -- Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54675F30-43A9-413D-B3B0-50F8463BA2A5@microsoft.com... > when service pack 3 will be release for project server 2007 , WSS 3...

Upgrade to Great Plains Dynamics 9.0 error, Column PRODID not foun
Hello, I am attempting a test upgrade from Great Plains 7.5 to Dynamics 9.0 and I get an error during the system tables upgrade portion, right at the 'Load Additional Required Data' step. The error message is: The following SQL statement produced an error: delete from DU000010 where PRODID=258 followed by: ERROR [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'PRODID'. I checked the DU000010 table and the column does NOT exist. I also tried upgrading from 7.5 to 8.0, which worked, but when I then try to upgrade that 8.0 to 9.0, I still get the sa...

Adding fields from a different query