--
DDM
"DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks"
Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com

"Stephanie Knuteson" <Stephanie Knuteson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:2CBDD8CA-DB4B-4A96-BD69-453B1FF34010@microsoft.com...
> I wanted to add the header "I & C" to the top of my spreadsheet but it
continues to eliminate the "&" and just type "IC". I know this must have
something to do with the functions available in Excel Headers where you can
enter the date "&[Date]" and I believe that this is the reason Excel is
eliminateing the symbol. Has anyone figured a way to allow it to be
included??

> Thanks

0
DDMara (266)
7/1/2004 4:48:30 PM
Hi,

Enter I && C

jeff

0
anonymous (74717)

Adding Terms & Conditions to the Quote Form
We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C) text to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in Report Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is approximately 4-5 pages long. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of text to a GP form? Thank you in advance. Scott No can do Scott - Report Writer is just not capable of this. The best solution is to purchase Accountable Software's Forms Printer - www.accountable.com. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East...

Adding 1 year's difference to user's input of yyyy-yyyy?
If a user inputs 2000-2001, or 2007-2008, is there a way to formulaically have the cell underneath increase by one year? i.e., if in B2 the user input, say, 2005-2006, B3 would show 2006-2007 and B4 would show 2007-2008, etc. down the column? Thank you! :oD Try this: =IF(B2="","",VALUE(LEFT(B2,4))+1 &"-"& VALUE(RIGHT(B2,4))+1) and copy down the column for as many as you need. Hope this helps. Pete On May 29, 3:16 pm, "StargateFanFromWork" <NoS...@NoJunk.com> wrote: > If a user inputs 2000-2001, or 2007-2008, is there a way t...

How to handle a minus sign "-" as text not as part of a formula?
When I enter something into a cell beginning with a minus sign "-" then the content is automatically interpreted as a formula. How can I prevent this and let Excel treat the cell content (only for this cell) as text? Claudia You can start your entry with an apostrophe: '-1234 qwer or you could preformat the cell(s) as Text, then do the data entry. Claudia d'Amato wrote: > > When I enter something into a cell beginning with a minus sign "-" then the content > is automatically interpreted as a formula. > > How can I prevent this...

Best practice: Visio, is it commonly accepted if text doesn't fit.
I am new to Visio. I created a flowchart with many shapes. I've already scaled and reset orientation. I can't make the shapes large enough to fix the text in them. So, two questions: 1. For best practice, typically should all your shapes be the same size in a flowchart? 2. Is it commonly accepted if your text doesn't fit in a shape? Best practise is uniformity, but as with most rules there are exceptions. A couple of oversized shapes is not as distracting as having most of the shapes in different sizes. Rather having some shapes larger by expanding in width and de...

Problem setting text on a userform's "label"
I have a Userform that contains a Label form and here is the initialize code: -------------------------------------------- Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() . . Call SetMyLabel ' procedure call End Sub ---------------------------------------------- Public Sub SetMyLabel() Dim s1, s2 as String s1 = "Hello " s2 = "World!" UserForm1.Label1.Caption = s1 & s2 ' This code has no effect End Sub ----------------------------------------------- So, when this code runs, my label ends up being blank....

EX2003 -Deleting AD user acct doesn't delete addressl in GAL
Running Win & EXCH 2003 and new to both. Deleted user is still listed in GAL after delteing user via User Manger...AD. What did I miss? Hi Bruce, Thanks for your posting here. This issue is mostly related to the Recipient Update Service. The Recipient Update Service creates and maintains Exchange 2000-specific attribute values in Active Directory. If you create/delete a mailbox for a user, the Recipient Update Service is responsible for the automatic generation of their Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) address and any other proxy addresses that you have defined for your reci...

Can I use the Windows AD Migration Tool AFTER I've used the AD Connector?
I am migrating from NT/Exchange 5.5 to Windows 2003/Exchange 2003. I have already installed the AD Connector as well as Exchange 2003 into the old Exchange 5.5 domain. All of the NT accounts that were not in the Windows 2003 AD have been replicated into a new container. I am now ready to move the mailboxes over to the new Exchange 2003 server. My question is..Can I use the Windows AD Migration tool to move over the SIDs to the new AD accounts? If I had used the AD migration tool BEFORE I had replicated accounts using the AC connector, it would have replicated the necessary information ...

Outlook adding a extra "!" in message body
I am generating email from Visual Fox Pro using Outlook 2003, but when the emails are recieved sometimes it adds an extra "!" followed by an extra line break in the message body 2 or 3 times. It happens sometimes only. Can anyone tell what could be the problem? -- shivam It is probably your FoxPro code. Outlook does not do this natively. = Best to ask in a foxpro group to see what is happening. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head s...

2004 Word, Entourage, Excel "Help" text selections: how copy to Notes? #2
How does one highlight and then copy text from Help components of Office 2004's Word, Excel and Entourage? "Select all" and "copy" are grayed out and command-c and command-a do not work with "Help" text in any of the Office 2004 components. If there were some way to copy and paste these selections into Entourage Notes, one could do boolean searches for multiple criteria within "Help" notes. This also would allow one to add his or her notations to the "Help" passages copied into Notes. It would also make it possible to put the user&#...

Won't 'paste' what's been 'copied' and won't 'cut' text
Os 10.4.11 Ibook G4 Entourage 11.4.0 Hi, 'Selecting' is assumed below. Copy, cut and paste (apple+x+c+v & the same from the drop down menu bar) aren't working correctly either within one message window of Entourage, or from one window to another. A 'cut' will not paste what's cut. It'll paste something from a _prior_ cut, either from within Entourage, from Word, from Safari (and maybe other apps.) to Entourage. The "Delete" key works on selected items, but then paste doesn't paste the item that's been deleted. It pastes t...

"Sumif" for text
Hi, I've used "sumif" to pick up certain entities from a large schedule. Is there a way to pick up related text (not numbers) in the same manner? For example, sumif(A:A,a1,F:F) where A:A is list of entities, F:F is numbers. I need to also pick up the remarks in column G:G related to numbers in F:F. Thanks for your help. Stan Hi Stan and how do you want themto be displayed if there are more than one matches? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Stan wrote: > Hi, > > I've used "sumif" to pick up certain entities from a large > schedule. ...

COUNT multiple columns, numeric & text "URGENT"
Thanks for any help. With some help the other day, the following formula worked for one o the items I was trying to accomplish: count how many in column A tha are 0_F and are II in column K. {=SUM((A1:A5="0_F")*(K1:K5="II"))} A B K 0_F 1 I 0_F 2 II 0_F 1 II 0_R 1 II 0_R 2 I The second item that I would like to count is how many in column B tha are 2 and are II in column K. I tried to use the same formula above, but it does not work. It give me the answer 0 instead of 1. Any suggestions? Th...

Block adding items on "transfer out" and "offline" when out of sto
There shouldn't be possible to add items on "invetory transfer out" and "offline inventory" when quantity is zero. Now you can send items that you don't have and the quantity becomes less then zero. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message...

AD got messed up --> Exchange Mailboxes ar not assigned
Hi We had a severe problem with our Active Directory and had to restore it from a Backup. unfortunatly the Backup was quite dated (dont ask why ;) and it was made before installing the Exchange Server and now our poor Exchange Server doesnt have any Administrative groups anymore and instead the name "server2" i just see its GUID in the Exc. System Manager. Our Domain Controller runs Win2kSP4 (that one had to be Restored from the Backup), the Exchange server is a 2003SP1 running on a 2003 Server (still untouched). Is there a way to get Exchange working again without Reinstalling eve...

Re-enabled AD account can't open it's mailbox
Hi, we just disable the wrong users AD account, so we renabled it and they now cannot access their mailbox: They error on the Exchange 2003 server is: Disabled user /o=Company name/ou=New York/cn=Recipients/cn=Joe.Bloggs does not have a master account SID. Please use Active Directory MMC to set an active account as this user's master account. Try this article http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=278966 Nebojsa Seslija "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A43EEC0E-D62D-4213-9BC4-503EAA12E40A@microsoft.com... > Hi, we just disable the wrong u...

Adding 2008 R2 DC and SMB "clients"
I'm working on adding 2008 R2 DCs into my 2003 domain. I've done all the adprep steps and everything checks out health-wise. I'm running the 2008 DC wizard and I get to the screen that talks about the "new more secure default for the security setting named 'Allow cryptography algorithms compatible with NT 4.0'" section and it worries me. We have some FreeBSD Unix machines that use SAMBA, LDAP, etc. to authenticate against AD. Will the FreeBSD/SAMBA/LDAP auth be affected by adding a 2008 R2 DC into the domain? Does it matter what the domain...

Any Samba "gotchas" if I add a Windows 2008 R2 AD server into a 2003 native AD domain?
I have a Win2008R2 server in my current Windows 2003 native AD domain. I've run gpprep and forestprep so the schema as already been prepared for the new server but I'm a bit weary of any effects adding this new server into the 2003 native domain will have, to some of my current Linux hosts running Samba 3.0.x in ADS mode. If these Linux hosts already properly authenticate to my AD 2003 domain, will adding in the 2008 AD server into the domain "break" anything? I know I can always upgrade the samba clients to version 3.3 or higher if anything doesn't work...

Adding a bit attribute fails but adding a varchar doesn't
Hi to all CRM Dudes and Dudettes, A client of mine has a small problem. They have been adding heaps of bit fields to their account entity and now its generating the general CRM Error Window. At first I thought SQL had reached it's maximum table row size, but we can still add normal varchar fields. I've turned tracing on and the error starts at this line. >EntityService.Create caught exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Has anyone had similar issues/problems with adding bit fields or fields in general? Any help would...

CRM 3.0 Problem Adding License
I am trying to add a NEW license to an existing 10U CRM 3.0 Pro server installation. I got that key from our MSDN subscription. We are a Gold Certified partner. However, the License Manager has DELETE and UPGRADE licenses both grayed out and I cannot add any new licenses. Each time I try, I get the error "a server license has already been added". I can't even delete the existing license to add a new one. I have tried closing all client connections and disabling the server and that too makes no difference. I have also tried to register, assuming that these options may ...

adding ".jpg" to an entire column
Hello all, I have a simple task that is very time consuming. I have a column (column B) that has part numbers in it. I also use the part numbers for the pictures on my website. I need to add a .jpg to every part number in that column and theres quite a few rows. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! -- GaryK ------------------------------------------------------------------------ GaryK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25891 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=392761 Please help... I need this done tonight... ...

Item has already been added. Key in dictionary:"winbootdir" Key being added: "winbootdir"
When I create a instance of web services proxy in winform, I get the exception. Stack Trace: System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary:"winbootdir" Key being added: "winbootdir" at System.Collections.Hashtable.Insert(Object key, Object nvalue, Boolean add) at System.Collections.Hashtable.Add(Object key, Object value) at System.Collections.Specialized.StringDictionary.Add(String key, String value) at System.CodeDom.Compiler.Executor.ExecWaitWithCapture(IntPtr userToken, String cmd, String currentDir, TempFileCollection tempFiles,...

Bring all text from "Text" worksheet
I have a workbook that contains a macro that when activated will look for a .txt file at a specific location and then populate the worksheet with the exact text. Within that workbook I want another worksheet to place that information from worksheet "text" into cell A1 of worksheet "txtdd". Thanks for looking at my problem. What have you tried, so far? Are you looking for a formula solution or will (are) you be programming in VBA? Keep in mind that a cell can only hold about 65K characters of pure text. How much data is in the .txt file? Steve in Ohio (To...

sorting text & numbers
I have a large list that I want sorted like this: Ward 1 Ward 2 & 3 Ward 4 Ward 5 Wards 6-8 Ward 9 Ward 10 When I sort it, it says: Ward 1 Ward 10 Ward 2 & 3 Ward 4 Ward 5 Wards 6-8 Ward 9 If I just take out the words Ward and Wards, it makes some of the numbers into dates, and does something else to some other cells that returns a big number. Anything I can do? -- billjr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ billjr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25927 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/sh...

Pivot Table problem, blank fields aren't being added
Hi, I have a Pivot table pulling data from another workbook. It's displaying a count for given values in 2 columns. It's fine for most of the data, but when one of the columns is blank, it shows a count of 0, even though there are items that are blank. If I double click on the field, it shows me a sheet that contains the data that isn't being counted. Is this a bug in the Pivottable? Is there a way around it? Thanks. Ant A pivot table can't count blanks. You could type a space character in those cells, or use a formula: ="" Then, they'll be counted. An...