Adding amounts based on a conditional date

How can I sum a range of amounts, each of which has a respective date
associated with it, based on whether or not that date is less than or equal
to a cutoff date (i.e, add together all the amounts that occured between
10/1/05 and 10/31/05?
0
ruleb (4)

Hi

One way, assuming your dates to be in column A and your amounts in column B
=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$1:$A$100>=DATE(2005,10,1)),--($A$1:$A$100<=DATE(2005,10,31),B1:B100)

Change ranges to suit, but do ensure they are all of equal size.

Regards

Roger Govier

ruleb wrote:

>How can I sum a range of amounts, each of which has a respective date
>associated with it, based on whether or not that date is less than or equal
>to a cutoff date (i.e, add together all the amounts that occured between
>10/1/05 and 10/31/05?

0
roger1272 (620)
10/7/2005 3:50:32 PM
Roger-

Thanks, I see the logic you are using here.  However, I am getting an error
message with the formula.  I've triple checked everything compared to what
you put in here, but it just isn't working.  Is there a paren missing or
anything?  Like I said, I understand the logic, but just can't get it
expressed through this formula.

THANKS!

"Roger Govier" wrote:

> Hi
>
> One way, assuming your dates to be in column A and your amounts in column B
> =SUMPRODUCT(--($A$1:$A$100>=DATE(2005,10,1)),--($A$1:$A$100<=DATE(2005,10,31),B1:B100)
>
> Change ranges to suit, but do ensure they are all of equal size.
>
> Regards
>
> Roger Govier
>

> ruleb wrote:
>
> >How can I sum a range of amounts, each of which has a respective date
> >associated with it, based on whether or not that date is less than or equal
> >to a cutoff date (i.e, add together all the amounts that occured between
> >10/1/05 and 10/31/05?

0
ruleb (4)
10/7/2005 4:21:02 PM
Hi

Yes, you are right, I missed out a closing parenthesis.
Try

ruleb wrote:

>Roger-
>
>Thanks, I see the logic you are using here.  However, I am getting an error
>message with the formula.  I've triple checked everything compared to what
>you put in here, but it just isn't working.  Is there a paren missing or
>anything?  Like I said, I understand the logic, but just can't get it
>expressed through this formula.
>
>THANKS!
>
>"Roger Govier" wrote:
>

>>Hi
>>
>>One way, assuming your dates to be in column A and your amounts in column B
>>=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$1:$A$100>=DATE(2005,10,1)),--($A$1:$A$100<=DATE(2005,10,31),B1:B100)
>>
>>Change ranges to suit, but do ensure they are all of equal size.
>>
>>Regards
>>
>>Roger Govier
>>

>>ruleb wrote:
>>

>>>How can I sum a range of amounts, each of which has a respective date
>>>associated with it, based on whether or not that date is less than or equal
>>>to a cutoff date (i.e, add together all the amounts that occured between
>>>10/1/05 and 10/31/05?

0
roger1272 (620)

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

ADDING A NUMBER

Condition Format syntax
I have pairs of cells to test. What I want to check is if the value of the 2nd cell is higher than the first, but less than 1.5 times as high. I've tried various syntax combinations using 'Formula is', but just can't seem to hit the right one (Excel 2003). Can anyone help? -- Paul Hyett, Cheltenham (change 'invalid83261' to 'blueyonder' to email me) Hi Paul, Try this one: =IF(B1>A1,IF(B1<A1*1.5,"Yes","No"),"No") Regards, Per "Paul Hyett" <vidcapper@invalid83261.co.uk> skrev i meddelelsen news:XeIMdj...

adding new records

XML <IF> condition
Following code segment looks good but the <IF> equates to true always and all departments print... What am I doing wrong? <ROW> "Non-Taxable Sales:" </ROW> <SET name="NonTaxableTotal" type="vbCurrency"> 0 </SET> <SET name="TATTOO" type="vbString"> "TATTOO" </SET> <FOR each="ReportDepartment"> <IF> <CONDITION> Report.Department.Name = TATTOO </CONDITION> <THEN> <ROW> Report.Department.Name &qu...

When adding attachments...

Conditional Formating based on Odd vs. Even
Hi If row in column A contains an even number, shade that row in Colum B-G Yellow, If odd Shade Gray, If blank No Shade. Can this be done i a formula in Conditional Formatting? If so, how? Help appreciated. Nathan Sargean -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Sure. Select B:G Condition 1: Formula is =Len($A1)=0 (no format) Condition 2: Formula is =MOD($A1,2)=0 (yellow format) Condition 3: FOrmula is : =MOD($A1,2)=1 (grey format) Bob Umlas Excel MVP "natei6 >" <<natei6.1699y4@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:natei6.1699y4@excelforum-no...

Removing messages based on sender
Has anyone heard of a way to remove messages from the store based on the sender address? I know exmerge can target subject and attachment, but I'd like to target the sender address. Thanks in advance. Exmerge might have that option. Not possitive though. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Microsoft Exchange Server http://mvps.org/exchange "Bobby Hilliard" <robhillj@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:OCBI28lTEHA.760@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Has anyone heard of a way to remove messages from the store based on the > sender address? I know exmerge can ta...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

create a new worksheet when a cell has a date entered
I am trying to create a new worksheet when a cell has a date entered into it For instant in Worksheet 1 you type into cell B11 a date I would like to automaticly create a new worksheet and call it that date entered to B11 Then if I type a Date into cell B12 a new worksheet would be created and named the date entered into B12 and so on Is this out of the question See response in your other post. "Zane" wrote: > I am trying to create a new worksheet when a cell has a date entered > into it > > For instant in Worksheet 1 you type into cell B11 a date > I would l...

In Dialog Based application are you Create View class.
Hai, In Dialog Based application are you Create View class. Thank you, Bye You should not need a view a MFC Dialog based appliation. If you do, look at SDI/MDI instead. You can use a CFormView based view which uses a dialog as a template in Doc/View paradigm. --------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com You can create a view in a dialog: http://www.codeproject.com/docview/dfv.asp But I haven't seen that done very often. I tend to just use an SDI or MDI framework for anything that needs a view class. Tom "jagadeesh" <jagadeeshbabu.mca@gmail.com> wrote in mes...

Adding alternate columns

Adding fields from a different query

Conditional Colors for Charts #2
Hello, I have on a sheet with several graphs and I would like to execute the procedure below automatically. In advance thank you for the assistance Yves Sub ColorColumns() Dim vntValues As Variant Dim intSeries As Integer Dim intPoint As Integer With ActiveChart For intSeries = 1 To .SeriesCollection.Count With .SeriesCollection(intSeries) vntValues = .Values For intPoint = 1 To .Points.Count If vntValues(intPoint) < 60 Then ..Points(intPoint).Interior.Color = vbRed ElseIf vntValues(intPoint) >= 60 And vntValues(intPoint) < 80 Then ..Points(intPoint).Interior.Color = vbYellow E...

Service pack 3 Release date
when service pack 3 will be release for project server 2007 , WSS 3.0 , MOSS 2007 ? Sam: I haven't heard anything about this yet, but now that we're past RTM, I'm sure it's on the near-term agenda. -- Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54675F30-43A9-413D-B3B0-50F8463BA2A5@microsoft.com... > when service pack 3 will be release for project server 2007 , WSS 3...

AD Monitoring
Is there a listing somewhere of what all components in AD should be minitored, thresholds, etc...we are evaluating a monitoring solution and need this information to take a decision on the product to use Hello Sameer, For performance start here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961943.aspx Also see: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727046.aspx Use the included links from: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc739728(WS.10).aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

Adding Terms & Conditions to the Quote Form
We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C) text to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in Report Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is approximately 4-5 pages long. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of text to a GP form? Thank you in advance. Scott No can do Scott - Report Writer is just not capable of this. The best solution is to purchase Accountable Software's Forms Printer - www.accountable.com. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East...

Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug where the payees in my downloaded transactions are automatically added to my payee list (this despite the fact that I've checked off the option "Confirm new payees"). This alone would be worth the upgrade. On the subject of 2006, does anyone know if Microsoft added the cookie jar concept to accounts? The cookie jar allows you to squirrel money away within an account. TIA greg.block@gmail.com wrote: >Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug >where the payees in my downlo...

Conditional Formatting #83
Using Conditional Formatting, how do I highlight cells that have integers & those that have decimals? -- Dr. Sachin Wagh MBBS, DHA, DPH Select the cells that you want to format Choose Format>Conditional Formatting From the first dropdown, choose Formula Is In the formula box, enter a formula that refers to the active cell: =B2/INT(B2)=1 Click the Format button Select the formatting you want for integers, click OK Click Add From the first dropdown, choose Formula Is In the formula box, enter a formula that refers to the active cell: =B2/INT(B2)<>1 Click the Format butto...

Purchases Amount in Purchasing Item Detail Entry
I am trying to develop a report in SQL Server Reporting Services that will select items based on the account. However, I can not find where the "Purchases Account" field on the "Purchasing Item Detail Entry" screen is in the database. Does anyone know the table and field physical names for this data item? I am on V10. Thanks. Hi Dan, GP SDK in CD2 will guide you on the transactions flows and which table/s each processes pass through. Here's what immediately pops to my mind regarding your query: Purchase Order POP10110.INVINDX POP30110.INVINDX ...