Adding amount from 1 colum depending on # piece amount in colum 2

L8 through L14 has $amount, N8 through N14 has # of pieces. I need N15 to
have the total $amount.
Example

L8         N8
23.00     2
14.00     0
5.00       1

             N!4
             51.00
I have searched and found a few examples but had a lot more involvement
Thanks

Thanks
Mike

What you appear to be doing can be a very simple calculation of
=L8*N8+L9*N9+L10*N10 (in your given figures) but that is not a satisfactory
way to handle this problem.
You should be using a column which calculates the total value of each row
and then calculate the total at the bottom of the row.
So you would introduce a column P for instance - in P8 input  =l8*n8
Copy that down to the extent of your range and in P15 input =sum(P8:P14)
This allows you to extend the range downwards without ever having to rethink
your calculations.
--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful.

"hotrodflatglass" wrote:

> L8 through L14 has $amount, N8 through N14 has # of pieces. I need N15 to
> have the total $amount.
> Example
>
> L8         N8
> 23.00     2
> 14.00     0
> 5.00       1
>
>              N!4
>              51.00
> I have searched and found a few examples but had a lot more involvement
> Thanks
>

> Thanks
> Mike
Russel N15 will have the total  depending the number I put in N8 column
--
Thanks
Mike

"Russell Dawson" wrote:

> What you appear to be doing can be a very simple calculation of
> =L8*N8+L9*N9+L10*N10 (in your given figures) but that is not a satisfactory
> way to handle this problem.
> You should be using a column which calculates the total value of each row
> and then calculate the total at the bottom of the row.
> So you would introduce a column P for instance - in P8 input  =l8*n8
> Copy that down to the extent of your range and in P15 input =sum(P8:P14)
> This allows you to extend the range downwards without ever having to rethink
> your calculations.
> --
> Russell Dawson
> Excel Student
>
> Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful.
>

> "hotrodflatglass" wrote:
>
> > L8 through L14 has $amount, N8 through N14 has # of pieces. I need N15 to
> > have the total $amount.
> > Example
> >
> > L8         N8
> > 23.00     2
> > 14.00     0
> > 5.00       1
> >
> >              N!4
> >              51.00
> > I have searched and found a few examples but had a lot more involvement
> > Thanks
> >

> > Thanks
> > Mike

Retire in 1 year! Look at this!
http://tinyurl.com/c363e Check out this 2005 established company, currently recruiting online team leaders to help grow and promote the business! Approved by scam.com, the leading online watchdog site - this is not a scam or a get rich quick scheme - you will get out what you put in to this endeavour. I have made more money each month with this as I grow familiar with it so do give it a go. Low investment to get started! Take some time to read thru all the info then make your decision. Work hard at it and this could replace your day job in months! http://tinyurl.com/c363e --- MAF ...

Error message in publisher #2
When i open my document i get an error message but it doesn't tell me what the problem is. The message reads: Publisher has detected a problem in the file you are trying to open. If you are certain that this file came from a trusted soruce and does not contain harmful information click ok. If you received this file from another person or machine and are not sure that the contents are safe click cancel. I can open the file but the message comes up every time. If it told be what the problem was that it detected - then maybe i could fix it. I do know that since the problem started i ...

Out of Office Assistant Missing #2
My "Out of Office assistant" is missing from the Tools bar and I cannot figure out how to set up an away message with out this. The Outlook Help indicates that I need the assistant to set up an away message. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you! Are you connecting to an Exchange Server as this is a pre-requisite, if not you can emulate it to a degree using the Rules Wizard. What version of Exchange! "Andriana" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46ad01c4892e$556f3970$a301280a@phx.gbl... > My "Out of Office assistant"...

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Outlook 2003 changes the outgoing account when unable to send by selected account #2
Hello everyone. I have a problem with outlook 2003. I have multiple email accounts. When outlook is unable to send an email by the default account or another account I selected, tries to send my email by another account and doesn't warn me about that. Does anyone know how I can set outlook not to change the outgoing account without warning? Thanks ...

ADDING A NUMBER

6776 =?ISO-8859-1?Q?convers=E3o?= alcool potencia chip tuning 67761
Quer economizar ganhando Pot�ncia? Temos chip de convers�o gasolina para �lcool trazendo uma boa economia mensal. Para convers�o a �lcool veja exemplo de Economia: Veiculo: Fiat palio 1.0 8v ano 98 com 78.000 km Media feita com 1.500 km rodados entre cidade e estrada Gasolina:1500km consumo (10km/l)=150lts x r$1.85 = r$ 277,50 �lcool: 1500km consumo (7,5km/l) = 200lts x r$ 0,70 = r$ 140,00 Diferen�a (economia no bolso!) = r$ 137,50 Pre�o especial apenas para as 100 primeiras vendas. http://chipvix.vilabol.uol.com.br/index.html convers�o gnv gasolina alcoo...

Countif with 1+ specifics
=SUMPRODUCT(('[Summary.xls]Jan 04'!$U$5:$U$1000=1)*('[Summary.xls]Jan 04'!$J$5:$J$1000="Fax")) I want to add E-mail, Letter and Telephone to the sencond part of countif. Ii cant just add them with comma's like "Fax", "Email" etc, how can this be done without having to add up several equations? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "ianripping >" <<ianripping.10omsh@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote... >=SUMPRODUCT(('[Summary.xls]Jan 04'!$U$5:$U$1000=1)*('[Summary.xls]Jan >04'!$J$5:$J$1000...

When adding attachments...

adding new records

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Attachment problems #2
When someone in our office sends an e-mail from their Mac with an attachment(e.g. a jpeg file) those of us with PC's can't open it. However, if one of us with a PC can access the file, we can attach the file and send to everyone (and they can open it). What's going on? ...

Retrieving deleted email #2
How do I retrieve a deleted email after the window of time has passed that the email is still able to be restored through Tools->Recover deleted item? I am trying to recover an email that was SENT from my email address about 3 weeks ago. Thanks for all your help ccfelice@gmail.com <ccfelice@gmail.com> wrote: > How do I retrieve a deleted email after the window of time has passed > that the email is still able to be restored through Tools->Recover > deleted item? I am trying to recover an email that was SENT from my > email address about 3 weeks ago. Thanks for al...

Adding alternate columns

Menus #2
Why does menu derive from CObject and not something like CWnd? That is, why is it so different from the other controls? Yes, its unfortunate. But the underlying Windows implementation of menus is 'special' so its not possible to associate a CWnd object with them; there's no HWND, and there's a whole bunch of special behavior associated with menus which the OS handles internally. "John Garcia" <jggarcia@controlgaging.com> wrote in message news:Ovd83SKVEHA.3944@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Why does menu derive from CObject and not something like CWnd? That is,...

Conditional Colors for Charts #2
Hello, I have on a sheet with several graphs and I would like to execute the procedure below automatically. In advance thank you for the assistance Yves Sub ColorColumns() Dim vntValues As Variant Dim intSeries As Integer Dim intPoint As Integer With ActiveChart For intSeries = 1 To .SeriesCollection.Count With .SeriesCollection(intSeries) vntValues = .Values For intPoint = 1 To .Points.Count If vntValues(intPoint) < 60 Then ..Points(intPoint).Interior.Color = vbRed ElseIf vntValues(intPoint) >= 60 And vntValues(intPoint) < 80 Then ..Points(intPoint).Interior.Color = vbYellow E...

Adding fields from a different query

Big Problem Sending #2
Out of the blue on Thursday, Outlook stopped sending my email. It's just racking up in my outbox. I checked all the regular stuff several times (tools-accounts-servers- smtp) and that all seems correct. I even spent over an hour on the phone with SBC today, and they say the server is fine and tried some troubleshooting activities to try to help, to no avail. I'm losing my mind and I NEED HELP! I'm going to start losing clients if I can't get my email sent out. Please Help! (if no one can halp, can someone tell me who to ask or where to go to ask in Microsoft) I'm ...

Exchange Server 5.5 Help #2
Hello, Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather than at the client's machine? because when the client's machine is off, no reply will be sent. I am using exchange server 5.5 with internet mail connector. Thank You leo7802@hotmail.com (Leo) wrote: >Hello, > >Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather >than at the client's machine? because when the client's machine is >off, no reply will be sent. I am using exchange server 5.5 with >internet mail connector. > >Thank You Out Of Office messages are c...

System Attendant Mailbox #2
This mailbox contains only 6 items but it's size is 264mb. We are running short on space on this drive and I have tried to access this mailbox to see what it contains but have had no luck. I thought it was supposed to store monitoring messages etc. Is there any way I can access/purge this, I can't find any way via management console. The following steps should allow you to access the mailbox and remove information from it: *** Problem Description *** The following are instructions for logging on to the System Attendant Mailbox in Exchange 2000: <><><><&...

Calculation does not consider newly inserted data #2
Hi, following problem: User A opens an existing Spreadsheet (which is being used since �) and replaces a figure by a new one , the inserted data appears, however the sum is not calculated. Even F9 does not help. User A saves and closes Spreadsheet. User B opens the same Spreadsheet and now the sum is calculated correctly although User B has not done anything to the Spreadsheet but open it. User B closes the Spreadsheet again. Now User A opens the Spreadsheet once again and sometimes it works and sometimes not. It seems, that it is no problem of automatic or manual calculation, this has bee...