Adding a version number to a document

Is it possible to add a version number to a workbook on saving and closing
0
Tigsboy1 (1)

Hi Tigsboy

Yes it is possible.  You can manually change the name of the document, e.g.
from Draftv1.xls to Draftv1.1.xls.

Or else, you can use a macro to increment your version number every time you
save it
--
j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at.  Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa

"Tigsboy" wrote:

> Is it possible to add a version number to a workbook on saving and closing
Good afternoon Tigsboy

You will need a macro to do this for you, but just to put you on th
right track:

With Range("A1")
.Value = .Value + 1
End With
End Sub

This routine when placed in the ThisWorkbook portion of the VBE wil
increment the value in cell A1 by 1 everytime the workbook is closed

HTH

Dominic

--
dominic
dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1893

How to insert an Excel landscape document into a portrait Word doc
I have a Word document in portrait style and need to insert an Excel Spreadsheet which is in landscape. Is that possible? Please clarify. Landscape and Portrait are simply print orientation in whichever document is being printed. Are you inserting a complete workbook into Word? Are you inserting a range from a worksheet into Word? Maybe you need two separate print jobs? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 11 May 2010 15:57:01 -0700, Heidi <Heidi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a Word document in portrait style and need to insert an Excel >Spr...

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Money 2007 delete previous versions?
I'd like to try Money 2007 trial before committing. I'm using Money 2004 SB. Does the upgrade wipe out any previous version so that I can't go back if I don't want to commit to the upgrade? I'm running XP SP2. Thanks, Brett It will give you the chance to select yes or no to remove it Steve -- Steve steven_morrison69@hotmail.com "brett" <account@cygen.com> wrote in message news:1163964503.767879.204210@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > I'd like to try Money 2007 trial before committing. I'm using Money > 2004 SB. Does the upgrade w...

Non English page numbering
Hi everyone. I would like to know how to display, save and print my page numbering format in non-English language like Hindi numbering or farsi(persian) format. How? On Mon, 24 May 2010 22:48:01 -0700, Milad <Milad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi everyone. I would like to know how to display, save and print my page >numbering format in non-English language like Hindi numbering or >farsi(persian) format. How? You can simply rename your pages into the appropriate language. You will, of course, have to know the Hindi/Farsi for Page-1 etc or whatever you want ...

Limitations in Trial Version
Hi, I'm using a customization (SDK) that calls the webservice http://192.168.X.X/mscrmservices/2006/crmservice.asmx to create/update contacts. This program worked well in a similar scenario, where CRM was registered. Now, I'm testing it in a 30 day trial version but the create / update functions are now throwing an exception. Are there limitants in this trial version that don't let me use the webservice? Thanks, Irene No; you can use the web service in the trial version. What exception are you getting ? "Irene Prieto" wrote: > Hi, I'm using a customiza...

ADDING A NUMBER

adding new records

Linking to a Password Protected Document in Excel 2000
I have a document that is password protected. I also have a file that references the protected files for many of the its formulas. Each time I open the file and update the links I am prompted multiple times (once for each cell reference to the protected file) for the password. Is there any setting so that a user is only prompted once for the password to a reference file that is protected? I know that one option is just to copy the tabs from my referencing file into the protected file, but it would be nice to keep the documents separate. Thanks, Andrew One option might be to disable th...

When adding attachments...

Hyperlinking to documents in Excel
I have extracted a tab delimited .txt list of all the documents on ou server at work. I would like to import this list into an Exce Spreadsheet (easy enough) and then hyperlink back to the documents o the server. Is there a way to hyperlink automatically? I have severa thousand documents and hyperlinking one at a time is not ver realistic. I have the option of pulling the list with either th relative path (just the document name and extension) or with th absolute file path (give the complete path of every document). I anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears. Thank you. Dale Co -- M...

Custom Number Format #4
hi there, I�ve got a list of equipments that are tagged with the company� inventory number. Each item has its own tag which�s composed by eigh characters and the first is separated by an "-" , like this example *1-0012345*. Unfortunately the list is generated by an old system that can hold onl 12 character tags and doesn�t support any other symbols. Therefore, it puts a couple of ZEROS to replace the " - " symbol, an another couple of ZEROS at the end to sum up 12 characters. In the end the tags look like: *100001234500*. How can I format the tag column to display the o...

Sort by: Site ID/Item Number/Bin for Stock Count Entry Screen
Would like an additional sort selection in the Stock Count Entry Screen. Sort by: Site ID/Item Number/Bin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7e69d84a-032e-4f61...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Money cannot creare a temporary file in 'C:\Documents and Settings\[USER]\Local Settings\Temp'
Hi, I just started to get this kind of error message when I make bakups with my Money 2003 Deluxe: "Money cannot creare a temporary file in 'C:\Documents and Settings\[USER]\Local Settings\Temp'". I checked the folder mentioned and my WinXP user account has the privilges on that folder (as it is supposed to have). How I can solve it? Thank in advance. Di Fresco Marco > I just started to get this kind of error message when I make bakups with my > Money 2003 Deluxe: > "Money cannot creare a temporary file in 'C:\Documents and > Settings\[USER]\Local...

Adding alternate columns

Adding fields from a different query

Older version Excel compatible with XP
Where can I check to see if my excel program from 1998 could be loaded into computer with windows XP as I have loads of data I need to retrieve from floppy disk? Excel 97 can be run under Windows XP. I believe that Excel 98 is a Mac program, which cannot be run under Windows XP Jerry wateroakgolf wrote: > Where can I check to see if my excel program from 1998 could be loaded > into computer with windows XP as I have loads of data I need to > retrieve from floppy disk? ...

Limit number of Duplicates
I have a registry for a competition...each team can only register four groups for a particular event, and three for another, and five for a third event. All events are seperate tables, related by Team Name. I have set the team name field to allow for duplicates, but am curious if I can limit the number of duplicates to the allowed number of entries. Can I set some sort of rule to allow for duplicates, not to exceed 4 (or any given number)? Should this rule or validation be set at the table level, or in the form? Thanks. On Jan 20, 6:44=A0pm, DeputySmith...@gmail.com wrote: > I have a ...

Early .Pub versions to convert for Publisher 2003
I have created quite a lot of work in early versions of Publisher, but I cannot even view them in Publisher 2003. Is there a way around this or a simple converter to enable these files to be viewed and preferably worked on in Pub 2003? I actually really loved the early versions and would like to be able to install and use on XP along with Office 2003, so is this possible somehow? Help appreciated. Publisher 2003 should open XP(2002) publications. Are you getting an error? You can install 2002 in its own folder. Create a folder on your hard drive, install Publisher 2002. Othe...

AD Monitoring
Is there a listing somewhere of what all components in AD should be minitored, thresholds, etc...we are evaluating a monitoring solution and need this information to take a decision on the product to use Hello Sameer, For performance start here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961943.aspx Also see: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727046.aspx Use the included links from: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc739728(WS.10).aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...